What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (2 Viewers)

When he does play you never know if hes going to get 2 or 13 receptions...some of the most epic inconsistency ive ever seen.
Not this year, my friend. And just about every WR has their ups and downs - nature of the position.
:confused:

15 - 2 - 12 - 4 - 6 - 14

I'm not saying that it is necessarily a problem, but not sure how you can say he hasn't been up and down this year production-wise.

When he does play you never know if hes going to get 2 or 13 receptions...some of the most epic inconsistency ive ever seen.
Not this year, my friend. And just about every WR has their ups and downs - nature of the position.

15 - 2 - 12 - 4 - 6 - 14

I'm not saying that it is necessarily a problem, but not sure how you can say he hasn't been up and down this year production-wise.
He's had only one game below 10 pts PPR (game 2 dud 2 for 16 yds). I would say he's been super consistent this year.

15 - 2 - 12 - 4 - 6 - 14

Small samples are small samples. Keenan Allen has been more inconsistent than, say, Brandon Marshall, DeAndre Hopkins, or Julian Edelman. But he's been less inconsistant than, say, Allen Robinson, Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown (yes, extenuating circumstances), Steve Smith, or Randall Cobb.

Here's Keenan Allen vs. Julio Jones, with their games sorted from best to worst:

1st: 37.3 vs. 40.4

2nd: 31.6 vs. 35.1

3rd: 29.7 vs. 26.5

4th: 17.2 vs. 15.3

5th: 11.7 vs. 11.7

6th: 2.6 vs. 7.8

That 2.6 really stands out, but the shape and distribution isn't substantially different.

(As an aside, DeAndre Hopkins is a machine. He had a 10.3 in week 2, and has topped 24 points in every other game.)

The play that knocked him out of the game, he was just running a route made a cut and his leg buckled. Tried to come back and couldn't go. Unless he is a fast healer, I don't think it loosens up enough for him to play. Lets see if he practices today or tomorrow.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-keenan-allen-misses-thursdays-practice/

Allen (hip flexor) missed practice again Thursday, Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports.

After having logged back-to-back absences from practice out of the gate this week, what Allen does (or doesn't do) on the field Friday will be telling. As long as he is able to practice in some capacity Friday, an official questionable Week 7 designation seems a likely outcome for the wideout, who caught 14 passes against Green Bay this past Sunday.

Keenan Allen (questionable, hip) told reporters Friday that his hip flexor injury is no longer a concern.
Allen also promised he'll play against the Raiders after returning to Friday's practice. "I don't feel it at all," Allen insisted of the hip issue. "... I don't feel like I lost a step or anything. ... I'll be out there." Oct 23 - 2:59 PM
Source: Union-Tribune San Diego

So is he going to play this week?
I've got Allen Robinson in my lineup ahead of him this morning, but looking for a reason to make the switch. Give me one.

(Edit: Never mind, and apologies for the blatant WDIS in here. Oh, and Keenan's back in my lineup.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • In cases of a simple kidney contusion, the patient is usually monitored closely for a few days.

The kidney will usually heal on it's own without further complications within a week or so.

Who gets the biggest bump?

I'd think Floyd is still the one trick poney while S. Johnson is the most likely to take K. Allen's spot on all those quick slants and outs.

Bye week's coming at the right time. Hopefully three weeks off should do the trick.
would have loved him for this Bears game though. As an owner of Foster and Charles as well, any injury news i get these days, i am just happy that they aren't for the entire season

From Doctor Jene...

Keenan Allen in hospital. Means needs observation for possible ongoing bleeding. Unlikely to be 2-3 wk recovery now.

Not surprising to hear Allen still hospitalized. Trauma docs take great care w/ organ injuries.

Still possible for Allen to stabilize and recover quickly if no additional symptoms. But would take the over on 2 weeks now.

To clarify, trauma docs follow blood cell counts, symptoms, and serial CT scans to ensure no ongoing or new bleeding in solid organ injury.

Any worsening in those parameters (or lack of improvement) and procedure/surgery to stop ongoing bleeding may be necessary.

Status often known within first 24 hours. Hospital stay continues until stable. Not considered entirely out of danger for days, however.

Two straight season ending injuries around mid-season. As good as he is when he plays, the inability to stay on the field definitely causes some concern for dynasty purposes.

Like the true stud he was, his final play of the year was a TD on a tough catch. It sucks but he produced right up until his final snap. It's much worse when you start a guy, he gets hurt early in a game and gives you a goose egg. Keenan gave his owners production in his final start and now allows his owners a clean break and immediately opens a roster spot. (trying to be positive here)

Like the true stud he was, his final play of the year was a TD on tough catch. It sucks but he produced right up until his final snap. It's much worse when you start a guy and he gets hurt early in a game and gives you a goose egg. Keenan gave his owners production in his final start and now allows his owners a clean break and immediately opens a roster spot. (trying to be positive here)
good post

NFL Access @NFL_Access
Chargers to place WR Keenan Allen on season-ending IR.

12:55 PM - 3 Nov 2015
NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Two straight season ending injuries around mid-season. As good as he is when he plays, the inability to stay on the field definitely causes some concern for dynasty purposes.
Do we believe that Keenan Allen's lacerated kidney is indicative of an increased propensity towards suffering major organ damage?

If not, then what's the concern?
Yeah, looking at this in any way other than a silly fluke would be idiotic as a fantasy player. But I hope that is what people do. I will be looking to get him in every league that I dont already have him.

Foster, L.Bell, and Allen all done for the season within 8 days. That's three overall top 15 fantasy players. And another one (Charles) lost two weeks earlier.

I bet every leagues' power structure sure looks different than it did going into week 7.

Do we believe that Keenan Allen's lacerated kidney is indicative of an increased propensity towards suffering major organ damage?

To be sure, anyone is susceptible to injury.

I just think the way he plays, god bless him, is that it's all out all the time. And with that often comes the risk of being vulnerable to big hits.

To be sure, anyone is susceptible to injury.

I just think the way he plays, god bless him, is that it's all out all the time. And with that often comes the risk of being vulnerable to big hits.
So which guys arent vulnerable to big hits and injuries? Will probably be a super short list, if there is any list at all

Who gets the biggest bump? Does it help Gates? Woodhead? It has to, right?
Allen got a ton of targets. I imagine Steve Johnson will take over his position, although certainly won't get all of the targets. I can see Stevie being the main bump, with an extra couple of targets for Gates/Green and Floyd.

Users who are viewing this thread