What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (2 Viewers)

I'll throw perhaps a very out there take, but I think there is a chance that KC might just cut him. They cut Kareem Hunt when he got in trouble (both have video evidence) and I think we also have to somewhat factor in the Britt Reid thing, where KC basically ignored it until they couldn't.

Rice was a very valuable player for them this year, but they've won 2 in a row, and signed Hollywood. They could easily acquire another WR through trade, or draft, or both.
This has crossed my mind - at the very least, I think he will be on thin ice. I believe the issue with Hunt was not just the incident itself, but the fact that he lied to the team about it. Rice owning up to this would probably go a long way with the team. If he continues to stonewall everyone, that could spell trouble. Such a dumb mistake.

I'll throw perhaps a very out there take, but I think there is a chance that KC might just cut him. They cut Kareem Hunt when he got in trouble (both have video evidence) and I think we also have to somewhat factor in the Britt Reid thing, where KC basically ignored it until they couldn't.

Rice was a very valuable player for them this year, but they've won 2 in a row, and signed Hollywood. They could easily acquire another WR through trade, or draft, or both.
This has crossed my mind - at the very least, I think he will be on thin ice. I believe the issue with Hunt was not just the incident itself, but the fact that he lied to the team about it. Rice owning up to this would probably go a long way with the team. If he continues to stonewall everyone, that could spell trouble. Such a dumb mistake.
I agree with t his take. I also suspect there might be some hidden lobbying from the NFL for them to do so as well,

I think Rice owners are over reacting. KC is going to brush this under the rug as long as they can since that is how they handed Hunt and Britt. Rice is probably looking at an 8 game suspension and KC puts winning above all else. They are not cutting Rice and will have him back in 2024 for another SB run. Worse case for Rice owners is he ends up on the Browns after his suspension.

Feels like the biggest factor is....was he driving?....if he was, then there will be trouble....if not....I hate to say it like this, but there will be nothing and you could say he didn't do anything wrong....got scared and left.....is that a d-bag move when people are hurt.....sure.....but is it illegal...?....if you weren't driving, is leaving the scene of an accident illegal...?

seeing the pictures of him and his "crew" walking away is like the poster pic for the thug mentality that just won't go away....it reminds me so much of an example of what Chris Carter was talking about in his famous "you need to have a fall guy in your crew" speech that he gave to rookies entering the league years ago......when Carter actually thought he was giving out good advice....lol...wonder what guy in the picture will be the "fall guy"....

really glad nobody got killed/hurt really bad....huge Chiefs fan but would be totally fine if they cut him and kicked him to the curb if he was the driver....just pretend you never had him and move on.....he had a nice year but he is replaceable....

Wouldn't be upset if he went to prison for a bit to think through these types of decisions.
I wouldn't wish that on him. Perhaps sit in county jail for a bit instead if he was driving. Otherwise, no. Bad things happen to people in prison. No one was seriously hurt. However, the child endangerment part is not even being talked about. I can't believe anyone would be driving like that with a child in the car and not saying he was driving.

Edited: It was pointed out to me the kid wasn't in their car, but in another car involved in the wreck. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be upset if he went to prison for a bit to think through these types of decisions.
I wouldn't wish that on him. Perhaps sit in county jail for a bit instead if he was driving. Otherwise, no. Bad things happen to people in prison. No one was seriously hurt. However, the child endangerment part is not even being talked about. I can't believe anyone would be driving like that with a child in the car and not saying he was driving.
There weren't kids the cars that were racing. Only in the cars that were in the wreck.

There weren't kids the cars that were racing. Only in the cars that were in the wreck.
Oh Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It doesn't change a thing however. Causing child endangerment to someone in a wreck that you caused isn't any different if they were in your car. I for some reason missed that.

also suspect there might be some hidden lobbying from the NFL for them to do so as well,
I suspect the NFL is going to stay well the hell out of it until the legal system has run its course.

No way they risk liability by advising anyone on what to do.

Feels like the biggest factor is....was he driving?....if he was, then there will be trouble....if not....I hate to say it like this, but there will be nothing and you could say he didn't do anything wrong....got scared and left.....is that a d-bag move when people are hurt.....sure.....but is it illegal...?....if you weren't driving, is leaving the scene of an accident illegal...?
It’s his car. It’s pretty safe to assume he was driving. One way or another this is probably the easiest part to prove since there are cameras everywhere all the time these days.

Rice owning up to this would probably go a long way with the team. If he continues to stonewall everyone, that could spell trouble. Such a dumb mistake.
I mean, leaving the scene is right up there with lying about it.
Yep. They left for a reason or multitude of reasons. Being young and stupid is not an excuse. I caused a fairly serious car accident when I was 17 and the first thing I did was check on the other drivers. It’s just common decency regardless of your lot in life.

It’s his car. It’s pretty safe to assume he was driving. One way or another this is probably the easiest part to prove since there are cameras everywhere all the time these days.
I mean assuming things is never really a good option....no harm in waiting to find out...I mean he could have gotten totally smashed at the bowling alley and let one of his buddies drive or something.....I could see that happening....he maybe makes a good decision not to drive and then his buddy gets carried away and caught up in a race.....heck Rice could have even been encouraging him to race his car....if a scenario like that plays out, he very well could get off with nothing ....I mean I get it....the fact that it was his car or whatever and that nowadays surveillance video is everywhere and they should be able to figure out who was driving.....but if the windows are really tinted etc and it's not clear who was driving, who knows how this could play out....

driving.....big trouble

not driving.....6/88/1 in week one....

I mean assuming things is never really a good option....no harm in waiting to find out...I mean he could have gotten totally smashed at the bowling alley and let one of his buddies drive or something.....I could see that happening....he maybe makes a good decision not to drive and then his buddy gets carried away and caught up in a race.....heck Rice could have even been encouraging him to race his car....if a scenario like that plays out, he very well could get off with nothing ....I mean I get it....the fact that it was his car or whatever and that nowadays surveillance video is everywhere and they should be able to figure out who was driving.....but if the windows are really tinted etc and it's not clear who was driving, who knows how this could play out....

driving.....big trouble

If he wasn’t driving, he wouldn’t have walked away. Well, unless he’s beyond stupid.

driving.....big trouble

Like I said, it will be the easiest part to prove or disprove. Cameras everywhere.

If they hit a bank, a fast food drive-through, left the establishment they were partying at, went under a bridge, etc, etc, etc.

I think the longer Rice takes to release a statement and talk to police, the worse this is going to be for him.
I'm sure his lawyer is advising him correctly. Unless he is ignoring his lawyer and heeding the advice of his homies.
I'm sure his lawyer is getting everything in place. However if this was only a case of a guy doing something stupid and then panicking and running off, it shouldn't take a long time to own up to it and accept responsibility.

driving.....big trouble

If he wasn’t driving, he wouldn’t have walked away. Well, unless he’s beyond stupid.
Huh? 4 guys walked away. 3 of them weren’t driving. But they still walked. Not following your logic here.

driving.....big trouble

Huh? 4 guys walked away. 3 of them weren’t driving. But they still walked. Not following your logic here.
You’re kidding right?

Would be willing to bet Rice has a lot more to lose than the other gentlemen do. I seriously doubt he would take a bullet for them over this. Again, unless he is beyond stupid. If he wasn’t driving and still walked away from his Corvette which would identify him, then I guess he is.

Don’t you still have to own them “legally”, even in Texas?
I am sure. Why would anyone think these guns are unregistered?
Because they walked away from an accident they caused and took the guns with them. Why wouldn’t they just leave them if they were legally registered? There would be no reason based on your logic.

But yeah, they are probably legally registered. I mean guys that would walk away from a serious car accident they caused before checking if anyone was hurt would never own an illegally obtained weapon.

Why wouldn’t they just leave them if they were legally registered?
• If they were legally owned but they didn’t have a carry permit, that could be an issue if they weren’t secured in the trunk/unloaded.
• possession of firearms during commission of a felony is its own charge in many states.

So they coulda been legally owned/registered, but circumstances still problematic.

Because they walked away from an accident they caused and took the guns with them. Why wouldn’t they just leave them if they were legally registered? There would be no reason based on your logic.

But yeah, they are probably legally registered. I mean guys that would walk away from a serious car accident they caused before checking if anyone was hurt would never own an illegally obtained weapon.
I didn't even think about the fact they walked away not knowing if someone was hurt. That's some cold arse poop right there.

I didn't even think about the fact they walked away not knowing if someone was hurt. That's some cold arse poop right there.
Yep

Because they walked away from an accident they caused and took the guns with them. Why wouldn’t they just leave them if they were legally registered? There would be no reason based on your logic
First, no one knows what they took from the car. So let's start with this: baseless speculation. Some woman was heard at the accident, on a phone video, SPECULATING.

Second, there's no reason to remove your guns if they are registered? Really?

That's absurd

Some things from a couple legal sites.

Hit and runs with minor to no injuries are a "county jail" felony with up to 1 yr incarceration and fines tbd.

In Texas you have 10 days to report responsibility for a hit and run, and if taking fault for the accident it will be reduced to a misdemeanor if minor to no injuries. Reckless driving, public endangerment, street racing; all classified misdemeanors...

Endangerment can become a felony if it involves a deadly weapon. Cars have been argued as deadly many times. Precedent leans against ruling cars as weapons.

Hit and runs with minor to no injuries are a "county jail" felony with up to 1 yr incarceration and fines tbd.

In Texas you have 10 days to report responsibility for a hit and run, and if taking fault for the accident it will be reduced to a misdemeanor if minor to no injuries. Reckless driving, public endangerment, street racing; all classified misdemeanors...

Endangerment can become a felony if it involves a deadly weapon. Cars have been argued as deadly many times. Precedent leans against ruling cars as weapons.
Speed contest & criminal speeding are determined by how fast they were driving though, no? I heard on the radio this AM that both could be felonies if proved that they were traveling g in excess of 30+ over the limit, over 100 mph, etc.

Speed contest & criminal speeding are determined by how fast they were driving though, no? I heard on the radio this AM that both could be felonies if proved that they were traveling g in excess of 30+ over the limit, over 100 mph, etc.

I read Texas is 25mph over the limit, so there's that.

Because they walked away from an accident they caused and took the guns with them. Why wouldn’t they just leave them if they were legally registered? There would be no reason based on your logic
First, no one knows what they took from the car. So let's start with this: baseless speculation. Some woman was heard at the accident, on a phone video, SPECULATING.

Second, there's no reason to remove your guns if they are registered? Really?

That's absurd
Was there a reason to walk away from an accident you caused?

As far as the speculation about guns, you asked the question if anyone cared if they removed guns? I think it’s very relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread