What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (1 Viewer)

Am I the only one that feels this will end up being a nothingburger? Not in reality of course. It’s definitely awful. But what’s the worst, he gets suspended a couple games? Are you all expecting something else?
I think he might get a year.

The Ruggs accident shined a spotlight on auto-related irresponsibility.

That it was an injury H&R is bad. Witnesses talk of allegedly having guns, and the fact that he was racing - that all adds up to a big something burger.

Would be interested to see a legal/moral compare and contrast vs Jalen Carter incident. Obviously we don't have all the details here.
Sadly this was first thought as well. Street racing where someone died seems a lot worse than this, but Carter's situation was semi brushed off.

Carter’s was obviously worse but he also wasn’t an NFL employee at the time.
Very true and I understand the differences between the situations. It just bugs me a bit how these situations are going to play out very differently.
Personally thought what Rice allegedly did is worse. That the outcome was different, not lives lost, does not change that fact to me.

The difference to me is innocent people were put in danger and harmed. I don't think if lives had been lost that would have changed Rice's alleged behavior, he'd have fleed the scene one way or the other.
:shrug:Carter was weaving in and out of public traffic putting innocent people in harms way as well. He fled the scene after people surely died.

Both guys suck. I'm not sticking up for Rice. I think they both made the same dumb mistake. Carter's outcome was worse, but Rice's punishment will probably be more severe.
To each their own, I just think possibly causing an accident is not as bad as actually causing one.

Would be interested to see a legal/moral compare and contrast vs Jalen Carter incident. Obviously we don't have all the details here.
Sadly this was first thought as well. Street racing where someone died seems a lot worse than this, but Carter's situation was semi brushed off.

Very true and I understand the differences between the situations. It just bugs me a bit how these situations are going to play out very differently.
Personally thought what Rice allegedly did is worse. That the outcome was different, not lives lost, does not change that fact to me.

The difference to me is innocent people were put in danger and harmed. I don't think if lives had been lost that would have changed Rice's alleged behavior, he'd have fleed the scene one way or the other.
:shrug:Carter was weaving in and out of public traffic putting innocent people in harms way as well. He fled the scene after people surely died.

Both guys suck. I'm not sticking up for Rice. I think they both made the same dumb mistake. Carter's outcome was worse, but Rice's punishment will probably be more severe.
To each their own, I just think possibly causing an accident is not as bad as actually causing one.
And I think street racing that results in a death is worse.

Am I the only one that feels this will end up being a nothingburger? Not in reality of course. It’s definitely awful. But what’s the worst, he gets suspended a couple games? Are you all expecting something else?

That it was an injury H&R is bad. Witnesses talk of allegedly having guns, and the fact that he was racing - that all adds up to a big something burger.
There were a couple high profile reckless driving violations this season and the NFL didn't step in.

Hit and run is pretty bad and he'll miss some time for that. We'll have to see if the gun thing even comes back into play. Was there any video of the guns?

And I think street racing that results in a death is worse.
That skips over all kinds of a nuances. We'll just agree to disagree.

The video is pretty clear. The racing caused the accident. The people in the car get out in the middle of an accident scene on a freeway removing bags from the car. I'm not sure which car he was in and I'm not sure he is one of the people getting out of the car with the bags being removed. That said there is a lot to unpack here and I do not see this being a "nothing burger".

Fleeing the scene will also be calculated in this mess. I would also assume the bags removed will hold a lot of speculation. There is enough here for a lengthy suspension. The league does not need any evidence to suspend. Go ask Zeke.

The video is pretty clear. The racing caused the accident. The people in the car get out in the middle of an accident scene on a freeway removing bags from the car. I'm not sure which car he was in and I'm not sure he is one of the people getting out of the car with the bags being removed. That said there is a lot to unpack here and I do not see this being a "nothing burger".

Fleeing the scene will also be calculated in this mess. I would also assume the bags removed will hold a lot of speculation. There is enough here for a lengthy suspension. The league does not need any evidence to suspend. Go ask Zeke.

Just to be super clear, I think he absolutely deserves serious punishment. Guess I’m cynical about it coming to pass.

We’re talking about a league with Deshaun Cosby Watson walking around free.

Last edited:

There were a couple high profile reckless driving violations this season and the NFL didn't step in.

Hit and run is pretty bad and he'll miss some time for that. We'll have to see if the gun thing even comes back into play. Was there any video of the guns?
If people were injured, and reportedly there were, it’s a felony.

It doesn’t really matter how long he’s suspended if he’s in jail.

The NFL’s policy has long been “let the legal process play out”

In carters case he didn’t get convicted of anything. He settled the criminal charges & received 12 months probation, and fines.

If Rice is criminally charged, and it sure sounds like he will be, I don’t believe he’ll be able to plead down from felony H&R.

This is going to get messy, and it’s apples and oranges to Carter.

I do not know which way it will go and I do not know anything about anything but I do know it's messy. And the levels of messy may change into mega messy in the coming days and weeks. I'm sure overtime will be available in the scouting department for the Chiefs.

Was there any video of the guns?
If there’s an eyewitness there doesn’t need to be.
Eye witness evidence is the least reliable evidence. A good lawyer can get that tossed.

Im not sure the state would even charge based on that alone.
Depends on how many witnesses, what they saw, whether they corroborate each ofner, etc.

Right now were just speculating.

Also, IIRC, in most states speed contest resulting in injury is a felony.

There’s something about X# MPH over posted limits too - “criminal speed” I think they call it. 30+ over?

So combined with the H&R, this could be multiple felonies. That’s all bad for Rice, even if the gun thing is bogus.

Last edited:
The was a woman on one of the videos who speculated the bags were guns.

And that is all the internet needs
The guy filming Rice and Co walk away also assumed the cars were stolen before the gun claim.
Well, why would the owners of expensive cars walk away?? Assumption of stolen is plausible to me from the scene. The fact guns were observed is more support to the stolen concept

Not sure how he expects it to play out given his past transgressions got swept under the rug but might be a real eye opener now to reality

Eye witness evidence is the least reliable evidence. A good lawyer can get that tossed.

Im not sure the state would even charge based on that alone.
Depends on how many witnesses, what they saw, whether they corroborate each ofner, etc.

Right now were just speculating.

Also, IIRC, in most states speed contest resulting in injury is a felony.

There’s something about X# MPH over posted links too - “criminal speed” I think they call it. 30+ over?

So combined with the H&R, this could be multiple felonies. That’s all bad for Rice, even if the gun thing is bogus.
It all could be. But it could all be talked down as well.

Rice is the guy in the white shirt right?

The was a woman on one of the videos who speculated the bags were guns.

And that is all the internet needs
The guy filming Rice and Co walk away also assumed the cars were stolen before the gun claim.
Well, why would the owners of expensive cars walk away?? Assumption of stolen is plausible to me from the scene. The fact guns were observed is more support to the stolen concept
Except the assumption of stolen (which appears incorrect) came before the gun claim.... and this is how a lawyer can eat away at an eye witness claim. They jumped to the conclusion the cars were stolen, so why couldn't they jump to a conclusion that something they may not have clearly seen is a firearm.

There is video of 4 guys walking away. I don't clearly see a gun even though there could be one. If Rice is the guy in the white shirt I don't see any place he could be concealing one either.

It all could be. But it could all be talked down as well.
I doubt this. Just too many crimes at once. Witnesses, etc
I don't think it's even been confirmed that Rice was driving
It was his car. That’s also a safe assumption.

Let’s see how this plays out. When more details are known we can draw better conclusions.

For now I’m acting under the assumptions that
1. He was driving (easily provable with surveillance from any number of spots on his route)
2. He was driving at a felony rate of speed (they should be able to prove that from the car’s computer)
3. He fled the scene (this one’s a slam dunk)

That’s potentially 3 felonies.

If any/all of those are wrong, I’ll be the 1st to say sure, he’ll get off easy/easier.

At this point I’m pretty skeptical that he gets off easy.

Rice is the guy in the white shirt right?
From the TMZ pages, it looks like they identify Rice as trying to hide his identity with the “red cap”
“X” post
He is sooooooooooooooo screwed. Amazing how many apologists there on the the different sites. He's not a "kid" who panicked. He's a grown man who should have stepped up and taken responsibility for his actions.

Unfortunate that a young man ruined what is a dream life for most young adult males, but that's on him.

Very dumb by Rice but his career isn’t going to be affected much.

- all indications are minor injuries
- he’ll get the best attorneys money can buy

Highly doubtful he gets any jail time. League may suspend him a few games but other than that this is most likely a nothing burger as far as long term issues with his career.

I'll throw perhaps a very out there take, but I think there is a chance that KC might just cut him. They cut Kareem Hunt when he got in trouble (both have video evidence) and I think we also have to somewhat factor in the Britt Reid thing, where KC basically ignored it until they couldn't.

Rice was a very valuable player for them this year, but they've won 2 in a row, and signed Hollywood. They could easily acquire another WR through trade, or draft, or both.

Very dumb by Rice but his career isn’t going to be affected much.

- all indications are minor injuries
- he’ll get the best attorneys money can buy

Highly doubtful he gets any jail time. League may suspend him a few games but other than that this is most likely a nothing burger as far as long term issues with his career.
This seems like an incredibly optimistic take.

However you look at this , he is a tool. If they dont cut him and it happens again, maybe, pray against it, but maybe, it ends worse then the Chiefs are screwed Hes gone

I'll throw perhaps a very out there take, but I think there is a chance that KC might just cut him.
It’s not out of left field - as you say, there’s precedence with Hunt.

I don’t think they’ll cut him. There was video of Hunt pushing, shoving to the ground, and kicking a women, all on the heels of the Ray Rice garbage. It seems everyone is mostly ok physically following this incident and as long as that maintains, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t largely skate away.

It sucks to say this but seems to me he will only face harsh penalties if the backlash rises to a level the league cannot hide from. If they can get away with sweeping it under the rug, they will. If they can’t, they won’t. These opinions do not represent my own personal views of what should happen. Just my appraisal of what will.

I'll throw perhaps a very out there take, but I think there is a chance that KC might just cut him.
It’s not out of left field - as you say, there’s precedence with Hunt.

I don’t think they’ll cut him. There was video of Hunt pushing, shoving to the ground, and kicking a women, all on the heels of the Ray Rice garbage. It seems everyone is mostly ok physically following this incident and as long as that maintains, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t largely skate away.

It sucks to say this but seems to me he will only face harsh penalties if the backlash rises to a level the league cannot hide from. If they can get away with sweeping it under the rug, they will. If they can’t, they won’t. These opinions do not represent my own personal views of what should happen. Just my appraisal of what will.

This seems like a fair take, although it all depends on what the facts ultimately are.

although it all depends on what the facts ultimately are.
🎯

3 felonies and his career, or at least a chunk of it, is probably in jeopardy.

That’s worst case scenario.

Best case is it was all a big misunderstanding, he writes a few checks, it all goes away.

Or something in the middle.

Time will tell.

although it all depends on what the facts ultimately are.
🎯

3 felonies and his career, or at least a chunk of it, is probably in jeopardy.

That’s worst case scenario.

Best case is it was all a big misunderstanding, he writes a few checks, it all goes away.

Or something in the middle.

Time will tell.
No one is going to believe he let anyone else street race his car besides him... whats his story, he was in the backseat telling them to stop?
He should 1000000% be in trouble and looking at jailtime, nevermind worrying about whether about if he will play NFL football this yr.
However, since no one is seriously hurt this will hurt his wallet way more than his career. Doubt he gets in much legal trouble and the between the NFL and KC I think he'll get about 10 games

Dallas news has this reported this morning that the Lambo SUV was a rental. The video shows the 3-4 guys get out carrying the bags. The corvette was owned by Rice, so not sure who was driving what car? They all walked away together so I assume they knew each other. Curious to see who rented the Lambo? If guns were present, possibly gang related.🤷🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread