What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

I just offered 1.12 for him but it felt so insulting to offer I had to write a note saying I'm just doing my due diligence and if you don't like this offer check back with me one way or another once the dust settles. For me if today they announced charges were being pursued, the Chiefs cut and we found out he was suspended for 2019 and would return in 2020 with a new teams I'd still pay 1.12 and easily.
That’s what I kind of mean about balance in terms of his value. No point in selling now for the close to worst case scenario. Why I still think he’s worth a high 1st.

It was within 20 minutes to an hour of that report of him being the highest paid WR so yes I think all of that is possible. Maybe someone is jealous, maybe it's not fake testimony but someone was sitting on the info and seeing him about to land that contract was more then they could stand, maybe someone called him before the police and asked for some money. Was someone on Facebook claiming to be his cousin who lives in same area he grew up saying "she is trying to ruin his career". A lot of stuff we are all trying to piece together and it behooves us to try and figure this out before it's to late to deal or to late to buy him cheap. You believe what you want. I think the timing should not be ignored.
Or maybe the idea of being the highest paid WR added to his ego and made him feel even more powerful and act like a huge Dbag

Who knows

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s what I kind of mean about balance in terms of his value. No point in selling now for the close to worst case scenario. Why I still think he’s worth a high 1st.
I agree. Some people might ding him due to morals, "can't root for that guy type" so they might just want to wash their hands of him and the actual worst case scenario would be he did something so despicable he never plays in the NFL again. That's possible but I differentiate from actual worst case scenario and most likely worst case scenario and I think the odds on most likely worst case scenario is he is out in 2019 and catching passes from someone not named Mahomes in 2020. That to me is worth a mid to high first easy.

I have a lowball offer out there for him... A bit nerve racking tho because it could turn into a high offer the instant any bad news comes out. 

What is it?
1.11 and Sterling Sheppard.

Edit:

Got rejected so at least it's not sitting out there. 

It owned Hill anywhere I sure as #### wouldn't be rejecting anything right now.  Would want any offers sitting out there in case really bad news breaks...  If the Cheifs cut him he loses 3/4 of his original value IMO. 

Too bad, that would have been a good get but I understand why it was revoked. Did you counter with anything?
No not yet. I actually could use a WR to replace him more than a RB, which is why I didn't hit accept on the Guice offer immediately, in addition to not knowing much about Hill's situation a couple of days ago. I'll have to look at the other owner's roster, along with other teams, to see what might be possible. 

Kevin Kietzman a KC radio host on his podcast said the more to come out is

"He was spanking or disciplining his child, and it went too far. And in the process of spanking his child, perhaps with a belt, he had the child by the arm or the arm behind his back and broke the arm. And the child went to the hospital."

no idea who he is or if he’s a blowhard so take it with a grain of salt

"He was spanking or disciplining his child, and it went too far. And in the process of spanking his child, perhaps with a belt, he had the child by the arm or the arm behind his back and broke the arm. And the child went to the hospital."

yeesh

on the bright side, I own his owners 2020 1st

I had a big offer for him 12 hours before this broke. I'm guessing he is thinking this right now

That's a year suspension at the minimum if true. 

If true, he should go to jail imo. This kid is 3, he’s still a baby. Not sure why you’d be spanking a 3 year old to begin with, let alone with the kind of ferocity that you break his arm in the process.
Yes jail could be in Hill’s future. Not to mention, losing his kid. Sad. 

I was offered the 1.12 in a league that I'm loaded at WR (Hill, Hopkins, Julio, Evans, Crowder, Callaway) so I'm just going to treat this like an ACL and even if he sits out a year, he's worth keeping over a 1.12 pick IMO. 

The kid is 3?  Hitting him with a belt?  Kid ends up with a broken arm?  I feel like I am insane.  Forget football, I hope if it turns out these things are true he gets prosecuted to the absolute fullest extent of the law.  Makes me sick.

Hill just went for Leveon/College Devy 1.12 in my PPR dynasty.  Team trading for Hill won the league last year and is loaded.

The kid is 3?  Hitting him with a belt?  Kid ends up with a broken arm?  I feel like I am insane.  Forget football, I hope if it turns out these things are true he gets prosecuted to the absolute fullest extent of the law.  Makes me sick.
You would be shocked if you knew how many people are out there who have abused the hell out of their kids and never see a jail cell.  Its staggering.

Not to mention people with money.  Hill has basically no chance to go to jail, unfortunately.

Had this not happened heading into a weekend we would probably have more news.  Tomorrow and Tuesday will be interesting.
yes, too many people are taking the time lapse as a sign that hes okay. Last report I read was that the police passed the case to the DAs office for charging

I'm confused...you guys think, with his history, if the police were recommending charges they'd keep that child in that home...because the news broke on a Friday? 

I'm confused...you guys think, with his history, if the police were recommending charges they'd keep that child in that home...because the news broke on a Friday? 
no, the child could very well be staying with family until the DAs office gets in on Monday. I'm not aware if the child is in the home tonight or not

You said that now that Tyreek has his feet to the fire, you’d consider parting with him for three firsts. Good luck, son. 
What? You said that moving Hill for Diggs and Godwin wouldn have been equitable last week (before this news). I disagree with that - no one would have moved him for that. Of course now there is plenty of risk and that would be very good exit value.

I never said anything about three firsts.

The fact KC probably knows everything in this case and haven't cut Tyreek makes me think if Tyreek isn't charged he'll stay with the team. 

Silver & Black said:
We could get into a fairly reasonable difference of opinion about spanking. But belt, holding a kid like that, etc? If true, I'm done with him (not that it matters what we do in FF)

Milkman said:
fruity pebbles said:

That's a year suspension at the minimum if true. 
A face of the NFL, Adrian Peterson, got a year for spanking.

A known abuser, breaks his 3 year olds arm while spanking him.

If it turns out to be true, I definitely could see an indefinite ban.

Yeah as bad as this is, coupled with his prior charges, I felt cutting him today was in play. 
If he's not charged with a crime then how bad is this? That's just speculation on your part. If he's not charged with a crime he ostensibly did nothing wrong and or nothing anyone can document and he's not getting cut.

If he's not charged with a crime then how bad is this? That's just speculation on your part. If he's not charged with a crime he ostensibly did nothing wrong and or nothing anyone can document and he's not getting cut.
Correct. The other reason Hunt was cut had to do with misrepresenting things to the Chiefs when they asked him about what happened. 

If he didnt lie to the chiefs i think they keep him even if he is suspended 6 to 8 games or something....need to let legal process play out
I think there is a small chance the Chiefs keep him if charges are brought up but I don't think for a second it has a thing to do with lying. That's hogwash IMO. Was when Ravens cited it as reason for cutting Rice and was when KC used it as a reason to cut Hunt. The video was just to bad of a look combined with an easily replaceable position. Hill's leash is going to be longer then both of them, he's a far more valuable player then both of them. If he's actually found guilty I think I put odds he is cut in the 95-100% range. If the DA decides to press charges I'd say there would be a chance he'd remain on commissioner exempt list and KC would retain him while it plays out and I think they'd keep him if he won in court even if NFL suspended him.  I just don't think he can survive a guilty verdict or plea.

To recap:

No charges filed=nothing happens to Hill via KC. NFL will investigate, might suspend him but either way he won't get cut, suspension or not.

Charges filed- exempt list until suspension is handed down. Won't play until case resolved. Chiefs might cut him but I think not so long as he maintains innocence. If he wins in court and KC has not cut him they won't have a reason to later. Out of the 3 scenarios this one could go either way with what KC does.

Guilty verdict of plea- cut by Chiefs, out of the league in 2019. Best chance he has to return is 2020 but that would not be something I see as a guarantee.

If he stays with Chiefs he will be overvalued because after a few months nobody will cook is off field risk into his value properly so I'll be trading him at that point. 

Users who are viewing this thread