What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (3 Viewers)

In this situation. You either believe or disbelieve the story. 

I would think looking at trades trades that are happening, that not many will buy for pre story value. You might be willing to take the risk, that all will be fine and pay a very good price but less than 2 weeks ago. Or you think he is guilty and try to get a decent price as his price can go lower. I think a lot are in this category by the prices I am seeing. Someone might come out way ahead but this could be Josh Gordon again. Where is his value now after being astronomical a few years ago. 

I don’t own Hill and have never been a huge fan as too many low games with the huge games but would want bargain basement price to have on my team. All about risk aversion now on Hill. I wonder what Hank and Meno would pay. I think both look like astute owners who if they think, Hill won’t be greatly affected would still try to get for less than 2 weeks ago. Take advantage of the situation. I find it highly unlikely that many would pay top 5 WR price today. Certainly not seeing it in the trade thread
I neither believe nor disbelieve.  I'll wait for the facts to be brought forth.

I'm not sure you're paying attention to my response - the conversation is regarding Hill's value after the investigation is concluded and nothing comes of it.  Many here are indicating their values on Hill will change in that cas.  That's fine for them, but it's not a universal and I know I for one will not be affected at all if this turns out to be a zero.

IF he did do what he's accused of, and is charged, and is booted out of the NFL (still a long way from that), I really want an interviewer to ask, "So, Mr. Hill, was punishing a 3-year old worth $100 million dollars?" 

I can't even fathom losing $100 million dollars for what was undoubtedly a snap decision (and a terrible one if true).

I’m with the minority here. If Hill is exonerated, it doesn’t affect my value of him to any appreciable degree.

I don’t get the idea he’s losing value if he’s not charged or suspended. To believe his value takes a hit, you must think there’s an OJ dynamic. Like, I know he did something regardless of what happens. This is nothing like the OJ situation, though. If totally cleared, common sense tells me there’s a MUCH better chance he didn’t do anything than if he did.

OK, so Hill’s value is down in the general FF community. Good for me. It’ll be easier to acquire him. And if I already own Hill, I’m not selling, anyway. Therefore, if nothing comes of this, it’s essentially a positive for the few who are still bullish on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so Hill’s value is down in the general FF community. Good for me. It’ll be easier to acquire him. And if I already own Hill, I’m not selling, anyway. Therefore, if nothing comes of this, it’s essentially a positive for the few who are still bullish on him.
The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets.

That said, Hill's value won't take a dip, it will bottom out of he's charged.  There are better down player values to invest in out there.

That said, Hill's value won't take a dip, it will bottom out of he's charged.  There are better down player values to invest in out there.
Great time to buy right now if you think he’s innocent. I don’t so I’m not but he’s at the point now where the reward might be higher than the risk.

Per the discussion on this page, I’m referring to if there’s no charges or suspension.

As far as investing, depending on the deal you get & what your roster looks like, I believe Hill can be a fantastic investment during this period of uncertainty.

I’m with the minority here. If Hill is exonerated, it doesn’t affect my value of him to any appreciable degree.

I don’t get the idea he’s losing value if he’s not charged or suspended. To believe his value takes a hit, you must think there’s an OJ dynamic. Like, I know he did something regardless of what happens. This is nothing like the OJ situation, though. If totally cleared, common sense tells me there’s a MUCH better chance he didn’t do anything than if he did.

The issue isn't whether or not YOU think he's losing value. The issue is if he loses value in the FF community as a whole.

I am not sure how anyone can argue against the latter.

I’m a risk-taker in general so I typically like times of uncertainty (strictly talking FF).

BTW, I have no idea how this situation will turn out. Slippery slope having strong feelings either way at this time, IMO.

The issue isn't whether or not YOU think he's losing value. The issue is if he loses value in the FF community as a whole.

I am not sure how anyone can argue against the latter.
Right, I’m not arguing what the masses have already declared.

I’m simply saying common sense tells me if Hill is totally cleared & there’s no charges or suspension, it’s MUCH more likely he didn’t do anything than if he did.

Haven't heard any local updates recently, but just my take on it:

1. I believe he abused that kid.

2. I also believe that he and his fiance are probably trying to cover this up as best they can so he doesn't lose his job and large pay day.

3. I believe they will probably fail at that.

4. If he gets charged, I believe the Chiefs will release him.

5. Clark Hunt will not tolerate this at all. He pretty much has shown he has a zero tolerance policy. After the Belcher shooting and subsequent suicide on company grounds, followed by Hunt, and now this - I believe he will be gone. 

6. Clark Hunt DID green light drafting him in the first place. Which makes me believe he will absolutely release Hill if charged.

I wanted to say I liked this post because thats kind of where I am at....if nothing comes of this you still have a great FF player.....and with that QB and coach I can’t think of another guy I would rather have for 5+ years....and any offer you got would be trying to low ball you based on “it could happen again, he has done stuff before, he puts himself in bad situations, etc.”....yet the person saying that to you is TRYING TO ACUIRE him from you.....if nothing comes of it...IMO...no way you deal him, because I would have to believe (1) you are getting a low ball offer (2) you would hope, at this point Team Hill takes over and this #### never comes up again....and (3) FF wise....the Mahomes factor....

I guess what I’m saying is....it probably would have taken an unrealitstic kings ransom to acquire him before all this happened....and if nothing comes of it, he didn’t all of a sudden become a “worse” fantasy football player.....riskier dynasty wise....yeah maybe....but still probably WR#1 fantasy points wise for the foreseeable future all things considered.....maybe Hopkins with Watson....and IMO maybe Thomas because he is a beast, but how long is Brees around...

for the record....I’ve never played in a dynasty league.....so TTFWIW....

last thought....I could really care less now about the fantasy stuff....I realized after reading all this fantasy discussion that none of this #### really matters....I really hope the kid ends up in a better place if the environment he was in turns out to have been really bad...

It all depends on roster sizes and IR rules but in my league I'd say he's worth about 50% of what he was worth before this news broke. Owners every year make the mistake of letting their emotions dictate their actions. I'm guilty of it too. Most of us should be taking that 1st round pick for him right now. 

It all depends on roster sizes and IR rules but in my league I'd say he's worth about 50% of what he was worth before this news broke. Owners every year make the mistake of letting their emotions dictate their actions. I'm guilty of it too. Most of us should be taking that 1st round pick for him right now. 
I turned down 1.12 quite easily. helps because its my best roster and I have Nuk, Evans, and Julio too, but I just see no reason to fire sale IF you can afford to have him sit out a year (or whatever you think it will be) and at very least, wait to sell him once he's reinstated. And if AP can come back after beating his kids beanbag with a belt, I'm pretty sure they will let him back...eventually. I do think he's a POS of a human being and glad I only have him in 1 league though 

Agree 50% is about right cause I honestly have no idea where this goes. Twitter is a cesspool for this right now. Depending on where you read, you’ll be either convinced he’s innocent or guilty. I sold him but I’m a risk adverse player. Of course I’ll be kicking myself if nothing comes of it. I can’t even gauge whether it’s good or bad for him that nothings been announced yet. Nobody truly knows anything for certain.

I turned down 1.12 quite easily. helps because its my best roster and I have Nuk, Evans, and Julio too, but I just see no reason to fire sale IF you can afford to have him sit out a year (or whatever you think it will be) and at very least, wait to sell him once he's reinstated. And if AP can come back after beating his kids beanbag with a belt, I'm pretty sure they will let him back...eventually. I do think he's a POS of a human being and glad I only have him in 1 league though 
There's a chance he never plays again. Everybody is going to give that option different probabilities and that's understandable. With his history and the nature of this crime it's higher for me. On top of that he won't be paired up with Mahomes when he comes back if he does which takes him down a notch as well. 

I'm trying to sell at this point. 

I’d turn down 1.12 easily as well. Top 5 would be tougher.

Source is his bookie. Lol false alarm. My bad. He says he's always right but i have no idea how he would know. 

Either they'd cut him right away after the story hit the public the other day, or they'd cut him after some new information surfaces. Not on some random Tuesday night without more info.

In my opinion. Could be wrong. 

It does but the situation is being investigated right now so maybe some new info came to light in the last day that we aren't privy to and they decided to release. 
So they decide to release, they tell your bookie, but they are waiting to make it public.......makes sense

It does but the situation is being investigated right now so maybe some new info came to light in the last day that we aren't privy to and they decided to release. 
this would be a change or news. I dont think we will get news after business hours. if anything it could mean news tomorrow early, but I doubt it. I bet this goes on for a while

So they decide to release, they tell your bookie, but they are waiting to make it public.......makes sense
If he’s a good bookie, and connected to some larger enterprise, then he very likely DOES have sources on the inside who would give out this sort of information. 

Are you the one who broke the rumor of Calvin retiring?
No I am not. Lol 

No it doesn't and I gave my terrible source as soon as i knew plus apologized for that. 

Just saying it could have broke now if the team got new information. That's all. 

Hankmoody said:
And you need to step off your pedestal.  Some people won't drop his value if this all remains unsubstantiated.  I am one of those people along with Meno.  He hasn't even been accused with any credibility.  He hasn't been charged.  He's being investigated.  That's it.  If I called your local PD and told them I thought you were abusing some child or elderly person or whatever they would investigate that too.  It doesn't mean anything yet.  I hope nothing comes of this but people do drop his value anyway.  I will happily take him at a discount.

Obviously if something does come out, like real evidence of some kind, or the NFL takes action on their own, then of course that changes things.  But most rational people won't just automatically drop a guy's value when there's nothing to substantiate the story.
Yeah, I'm on a pedestal, right. I know we had our disagreements because I thought Josh Gordon was an idiot.

Even if this goes away there's a very good chance it's because his wife realizes it could cost them 90 million dollars and covers for him. It happens all the time. There's too many problems with this guy and he has already pled guilty to domestic violence. If you still value him as a first round startup, you'll be in a very small minority.

If he’s a good bookie, and connected to some larger enterprise, then he very likely DOES have sources on the inside who would give out this sort of information. 
When I questioned my friend he said "his bookie is almost always right......" fwiw

Not much in my book but yeah that's what I got. 

A friend just texted me that the Chiefs are making Tyreek Hill their starting QB next year and Mahomes is on the trade block. 

Not sure where he got it from. I will report back. 

Users who are viewing this thread