What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yankee Stadium question, asking for a friend (1 Viewer)

JZilla

Footballguy
A friend of mine wants to meet up with another friend of his who lives in Jersey, and try to catch the Yankees-Royals game on Sunday. I'm not going because I have better plans, but I'm trying to help him out.. tickets of course are going for way over face, and he doesn't want to get extorted, so I was thinking a good idea might be for them to try to get a couple singles from people outside the stadium, which they might be able to get at least for close to face. That's how it is in normal places anyway. NYC is not a normal place though. Am I off-base here?

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine wants to meet up with another friend of his who lives in Jersey, and try to catch the Yankees-Royals game on Sunday. I'm not going because I have better plans, but I'm trying to help him out.. tickets of course are going for way over face, and he doesn't want to get extorted, so I was thinking a good idea might be for them to try to get a couple singles from people outside the stadium, which they might be able to get at least for close to face. That's how it is in normal places anyway. NYC is not a normal place though. Am I off-base here?
Yeah, you can always find people selling outside the stadium. Heck, if you take the Major Deagan in there are guys on the highway selling tix. As for price, this year is wacky given the "last year" stuff so I have no idea what they are selling them for.

Thanks Y23
My guess is that they're goign to have problems, but I'm not 100% sure. There are some scalpers wandering around, but they all work together and the cops generally enforce the distance rule so unless you know where to look for them, they can be hard to find. There are also a few others natural sellers around, but this season they are few and far between. Sunday's are also a little tricky since it tends to be a later arriving crowd. Best bet is probably using craigslist and finding someone that can e-forward the tickets to them on ticketmaster.In any case tickets are an arm and a leg right now.

There are planty of people selling, and often they sell off one extra ticket....if you can get two of those, then you can move around inside and find seats together. Even though the games are sold out, with the exception of Mets/Red Sox there are always a lot of no-shows.

Have him wait right next to the giant bat outside the stadium.

I've always been able to get tickets at face at that spot.

Thanks a lot guys

There are planty of people selling, and often they sell off one extra ticket....if you can get two of those, then you can move around inside
This was my recommended strategy.. works for just about any event anywhereButHe decided to get fleeced on stubhub... $120 upper deckers... problem solved, anyway

Thanks a lot guys

There are planty of people selling, and often they sell off one extra ticket....if you can get two of those, then you can move around inside
This was my recommended strategy.. works for just about any event anywhereButHe decided to get fleeced on stubhub... $120 upper deckers... problem solved, anyway
Geez I would have sold him my upper tier tix for that price...I have some for that game :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread