What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet More Proof Women are Impossible to Please (3 Viewers)

Chadstroma

Footballguy
I have to share this... I can't stop laughing about it.

One of the Moms at my kids swim club is single. Nice lady, we talk often as we both attend a lot of their practices and she hangs out with me usually at meets.

Yesterday she tells me about a guy she is dating but prefaces it with "I really want a manly man and I dunno...."

She goes on to tell me that this guy is retired but only in his early 50's. He is retired from the military and law enforcement. I further find out that he was a Scout Sniper in the Marines and was a US Marshall working their child trafficking division. He is taking her to a bull riding rodeo soon because it is "Americana at it's finest". He likes sports and she shows me a picture of him and he looks exactly what you would think a retired Scout Sniper would like like... burly manly man looking dude.

Her older daughter loves him to death. She told her that she would be watching and she better not break his heart.

Oh and he apparently has money not just from some lawsuit settlement and another one that can be worth as much as $16 million once done. He is starting a business because he is bored. Cooks for her all the time.

So... I am like, ok, what is the problem? She tells me two things which I could not stop laughing about and mocking her and making fun of her for.
1. He wears converse.
2. When they first went out, he ordered a Vodka and Water, took out a Mio or Crystal Light bottle and put it in the water and then mixed the drinks.

THAT IS IT.

:mellow::unsure: :oldunsure::lol::lmao:

I asked her... what in the world could make this guy more manly man? This dude makes me feel like a wussy man!

Women. Ammirit?

Three things:
1. None of this is surprising
2. She was flirting with you, and all of this was a coded message directed at you
3. I was relieved after reading the title and opening the thread…….thank god this had nothing to do with Mrs APK and me.

Anytime a woman complains to another dude about her BF/spouse/etc the way you’ve described it either means a) she sees the guy she’s complaining to as equivalent to her girlfriends, or b) she’s hitting on the dude.

Fortunately you are one of the best dudes out there, so option b is irrelevant to you. Take the win and continue to enjoy the absurdity of this woman.

And yeah - that guy sounds tough and macho as hell.

Sounds like it has nothing to do with the converse or what he drinks. It's about her not wanting to get her heart broken again/fear of commitment/etc...she is just finding something she can complain about so she doesn't have to get into a serious relationship.

She has kids. What happened to her relationship with the father? Did he screw her over?

I have to share this... I can't stop laughing about it.

One of the Moms at my kids swim club is single. Nice lady, we talk often as we both attend a lot of their practices and she hangs out with me usually at meets.

Yesterday she tells me about a guy she is dating but prefaces it with "I really want a manly man and I dunno...."

She goes on to tell me that this guy is retired but only in his early 50's. He is retired from the military and law enforcement. I further find out that he was a Scout Sniper in the Marines and was a US Marshall working their child trafficking division. He is taking her to a bull riding rodeo soon because it is "Americana at it's finest". He likes sports and she shows me a picture of him and he looks exactly what you would think a retired Scout Sniper would like like... burly manly man looking dude.

Her older daughter loves him to death. She told her that she would be watching and she better not break his heart.

Oh and he apparently has money not just from some lawsuit settlement and another one that can be worth as much as $16 million once done. He is starting a business because he is bored. Cooks for her all the time.

So... I am like, ok, what is the problem? She tells me two things which I could not stop laughing about and mocking her and making fun of her for.
1. He wears converse.
2. When they first went out, he ordered a Vodka and Water, took out a Mio or Crystal Light bottle and put it in the water and then mixed the drinks.

THAT IS IT.

:mellow::unsure: :oldunsure::lol::lmao:

I asked her... what in the world could make this guy more manly man? This dude makes me feel like a wussy man!

Women. Ammirit?

:penalty:

Women that want a "manly man" aren't necessarily referring to how much he can bench press or whether he can skin a deer with his bare teeth.

My current situationship involves a woman who ended her marriage because her husband, while an outdoorsy, handy dude is a mama's boy and dependent. She wants a guy who is emotionally mature, independent and able to take on a relationship as an equal. In her judgment, that is "manly."

The converse thing is funny. The Mio thing is weird on his part.

Three things:
1. None of this is surprising
2. She was flirting with you, and all of this was a coded message directed at you
3. I was relieved after reading the title and opening the thread…….thank god this had nothing to do with Mrs APK and me.

Anytime a woman complains to another dude about her BF/spouse/etc the way you’ve described it either means a) she sees the guy she’s complaining to as equivalent to her girlfriends, or b) she’s hitting on the dude.

Fortunately you are one of the best dudes out there, so option b is irrelevant to you. Take the win and continue to enjoy the absurdity of this woman.

And yeah - that guy sounds tough and macho as hell.
Thanks, for the really nice compliment. Though I have a long history of when I was single being oblivious to when a girl actually did like me.... I am very confident she was not flirting or interested in me. It all came up kind of in the flow of the conversation too so it wasn't like "OMG, listen to this..." either.

Sounds like it has nothing to do with the converse or what he drinks. It's about her not wanting to get her heart broken again/fear of commitment/etc...she is just finding something she can complain about so she doesn't have to get into a serious relationship.

She has kids. What happened to her relationship with the father? Did he screw her over?
I don't know the background on the hubby thing. Just not something I really want to ask but I know he isn't around or involved which usually indicates a pretty bad situation. And you are prob right, because I kept asking her questions that about the Converse and Mio and she couldn't answer them like "What makes that not manly?" or "What is it about Converse specifically?" She acknowledged it was silly and she didn't have answers.

I basically brought up a few points about him from what she had told me about the possibility is that the guy is a solid dude and she was agreeing with me.

Women that want a "manly man" aren't necessarily referring to how much he can bench press or whether he can skin a deer with his bare teeth.

My current situationship involves a woman who ended her marriage because her husband, while an outdoorsy, handy dude is a mama's boy and dependent. She wants a guy who is emotionally mature, independent and able to take on a relationship as an equal. In her judgment, that is "manly."

I think the movie Chasing Amy covered this topic pretty well, but there is zero chance I’m sharing the quote for fear of being suspended or banned by the board police

:lmao: It is funny because I use Cystal Light/Mio all the time. I usually have a water bottle (Costco water) and put in a Crystal Light and then splash some Mio in for extra flavor. I could totally see myself doing that too.

So.... you are weird for thinking it is weird. And stuff.

:lmao: It is funny because I use Cystal Light/Mio all the time. I usually have a water bottle (Costco water) and put in a Crystal Light and then splash some Mio in for extra flavor. I could totally see myself doing that too.

Weird? Maybe a touch but who cares. if she were into him it wouldn’t matter, but she’s not. Hopefully he realizes it too before he wastes anymore time chasing her.

1. He wears converse.

He did this on the first date!?! That is one bold azz move.

Did she see you doing this? If so, you have your answer,

1. He wears converse.

Probably the most manly move ever.....being that confident in your manliness to do that on a first date is incredible.

1. He wears converse.

Probably the most manly move ever.....being that confident in your manliness to do that on a first date is incredible.
Dude was a sniper. Fired his shot.

1. He wears converse.

The dude is a an ex Scout Sniper and chased kiddy traffickers around the world, this is pretty much the least bold thing he has ever done in his life.

1. He wears converse.

For real. She said she wanted a real man but when confronted with it, it appears to be too much for her.

Did she see you doing this? If so, you have your answer,
No, but I told her that the bottles I usually have are basically that and that I finished one off before coming into the practice. I told her the water bottle I was holding would have had some in but I was hurrying out and just grabbed an extra water on the way.

Exactly this. She’s fishing for reasons to not get more serious.

As I look over at my vodka and mio 🤔

The vodka, water and mio drink order is pretty questionable though. If I was on a date with a woman and she pulled that stunt, it would annoy me. I can't imagine a guy doing this.

It's very weird

The vodka, water and mio drink order is pretty questionable though. If I was on a date with a woman and she pulled that stunt, it would annoy me. I can't imagine a guy doing this.
I'm the opposite - drink whatever you want to drink, if you want to put Pappy 15 into your Coke, or mix some sugary umbrella drink with a screwdriver, if you're The Mountain and want to drink a Whiteclaw, whatever floats your boat. Vodka is tasteless, water is tasteless, so if you want a splash of flavor in there to go with the burn, go for it :shrug:

I'm the opposite - drink whatever you want to drink, if you want to put Pappy 15 into your Coke, or mix some sugary umbrella drink with a screwdriver, if you're The Mountain and want to drink a Whiteclaw, whatever floats your boat. Vodka is tasteless, water is tasteless, so if you want a splash of flavor in there to go with the burn, go for it :shrug:
Sure when you are alone or in your own home but in public? On a date? It's a strange move.

If he wore Vans, would she think differently of him? I'm really kind of stuck on this Converse thing.
I would assume she meant tennis shoes. She wants a manly man in boots or something, not a boy in gym shoes. That's weird in 2023 but that is my guess here.

Sure when you are alone or in your own home but in public? On a date? It's a strange move.
Maybe. But all it tells me is he doesn’t give AF about what others think of him.
Maybe he’s an AH maybe he has been through some ****. Maybe both.

Maybe. But all it tells me is he doesn’t give AF about what others think of him.
"I don't give AF what you or anyone else thinks" is probably not the vibes I would want to send on a date- especially with an older woman who has kids.

No issues with mixing drinks, but if someone is mixing a $2,000 bottle of whiskey with Coke they are a psycho.

"I don't give AF what you or anyone else thinks" is probably not the vibes I would want to send on a date- especially with an older woman who has kids.
Ok. Keep your mio at home.
And maybe there’s a certain woman chad can connect you with.

We still haven’t seen the pictures. I might need the Mio to get me out of it.

We still haven’t seen the pictures. I might need the Mio to get me out of it.
Just triple the amount of vodka. drink her pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread