What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Young keeper- RBs to target (1 Viewer)

baronson

Footballguy
I'm really not trying to flood the pool here, but in reading the other dynasty threads, it seems like those are definitely geared more towards the huge dynasty rosters, and not 16-17 player keeper rosters.

i'm looking for a discussion on young RBs that have a chance of being released & signed by another team with a shot to start, or guys who are buried on the depth chart who could be worthwhile starters if given the chance. think Brian Calhoun and Musa Smith here. of course those are obvious examples, but who else are you targeting out there that won't take 3-4 years to get a shot at starting??

Morency is definitely worth a look. Green is a FA and Morency has looked good both receiving and running when given the chance....

MJD,Turner,Jacobs,Norwood,Benson,MB3,...All these guys are on my radar. I know they arent exactly obscure, but they can probably be had for less than what they will cost next season

i'm looking for a discussion on young RBs that have a chance of being released & signed by another team with a shot to start, or guys who are buried on the depth chart who could be worthwhile starters if given the chance.
Given the criteria, here are two not yet mentioned:Deangelo Williams should have a chance to be the starter next year.Chris Brown should be with a new team next season, his value will depend largely on the opportunity he gets with his new team.

Nobody will agree but I think given the job full time Mike Bell could be a good one.
You may be right, although I don't think he'll be given the chance. Especially if the team misses the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
if there's any truth to the rumor that Shanny is looking at Benson, then there is no way Mike Bell can be the answer there.

having said that, does anyone think someone like Sammy Morris (who i believe is a free agent this off-season) hooks on somewhere as a starter... or Kenny Watson or people like that get traded or released? what about Fason in Minn?

also, does Edge walk in with the job next year, or does Arrington have a shot at it? just throwing some more names out there...

if there's any truth to the rumor that Shanny is looking at Benson, then there is no way Mike Bell can be the answer there.having said that, does anyone think someone like Sammy Morris (who i believe is a free agent this off-season) hooks on somewhere as a starter... or Kenny Watson or people like that get traded or released? what about Fason in Minn? also, does Edge walk in with the job next year, or does Arrington have a shot at it? just throwing some more names out there...
The rumors about Benson are just that, although I agree that that Bell won't be the guy. Either of the Bells, in all likelihood.As for Morris, Watson and Fason, they strike me as career backups, with only injury as their path to a starting gig.Edge is almost certainly cemented in AZ given the contract he signed. I'm sure they'll address the OL in the offseason. If he struggles again in '07 though, all bets are off.Getting back on topic, I see Turner, Barber, Jones-Drew and Norwood as the best bets. Harrison in Cleveland could also get a shot though, as Droughns is likely gone.

The rumors about Benson are just that, although I agree that that Bell won't be the guy. Either of the Bells, in all likelihood.

As for Morris, Watson and Fason, they strike me as career backups, with only injury as their path to a starting gig.

Edge is almost certainly cemented in AZ given the contract he signed. I'm sure they'll address the OL in the offseason. If he struggles again in '07 though, all bets are off.

Getting back on topic, I see Turner, Barber, Jones-Drew and Norwood as the best bets. Harrison in Cleveland could also get a shot though, as Droughns is likely gone.
I assume you meant Jacobs? If so, I would agree with this, however I think there is a real possibility that either one of the following tandums splits up next season: Jones/Benson and Portis/Betts. And before anyone rides me about the unlikelihood of the Redskins trading Portis, what about them trading Betts?

The rumors about Benson are just that, although I agree that that Bell won't be the guy. Either of the Bells, in all likelihood.

As for Morris, Watson and Fason, they strike me as career backups, with only injury as their path to a starting gig.

Edge is almost certainly cemented in AZ given the contract he signed. I'm sure they'll address the OL in the offseason. If he struggles again in '07 though, all bets are off.

Getting back on topic, I see Turner, Barber, Jones-Drew and Norwood as the best bets. Harrison in Cleveland could also get a shot though, as Droughns is likely gone.
I assume you meant Jacobs? If so, I would agree with this, however I think there is a real possibility that either one of the following tandums splits up next season: Jones/Benson and Portis/Betts. And before anyone rides me about the unlikelihood of the Redskins trading Portis, what about them trading Betts?
My bad - I meant Marion Barber, although I should have included Jacobs as well.

I say target any recent first day draft pick RBs who are currently serving as backups. That includes:

Musa Smith

Chris Brown

Chris Perry

Cedric Benson

JJ Arrington

Vernand Morency

Ryan Moats

Laurence Maroney (too expensive)

DeAngelo Williams

LenDale White

Brian Calhoun

Jerious Norwood

I especially like Perry, White, and Moats. Morency has looked good. DeAngelo and Norwood have also looked good, but might be too expensive to acquire on the cheap.

i'll be honest, i don't see it. most teams nowadays want two capable backs, even if one is THE man... they still want *A* man to come in behind him. betts/portis works out pretty well. besides, why would you trade a guy right after you sign him for mad money, who has already expressed interest in being part of a tandem? not many guys are into that...and it's not like Duckett will ever be any good.

Users who are viewing this thread