What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your "MAIN" drafting sheet (1 Viewer)

Which do you use as your primary "cheatsheet" or "draft list"?

• Cheatsheet printed from Draft Dominator

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • One of the 160+ Cheatsheets found on site

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Dodds' Top 300 List

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Dodds' Draft List (300 combined w adp)

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Staff re-draft rankings

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters

Hear-the-Footsteps

Footballguy
So in one of my leagues, a buddy of mine uses FBG. I know he prints the Draft List that Dodds creates combining Dodds' personal top 300 with ADP. He prints that, brings it, and uses that as his guideline.

But in another league of mine, I just learned that a different guy also uses FBG. At first I thought that would be valuable to know since we are drafting close to each other. (I am 10 and he is 12 in that league.) But then I realized... depending on which of the above you use, can bring about a totally different list.

The Draft Dominator can pull from four different staff members' projections.

Choices 2-4 though (160+ cheatsheets, top 300 and draft list) are all based on just Dodds' projections I believe.

And choice 5, the staff re-draft rankings, is a combination of 10-15 different staff members.

So I see value in all of them. But there is no way to bring all of them and check each one when your pick is up at a draft.

So I am curious which most people use?

I bring one sheet of paper into any draft with my self-created tiers. I keep things as simple as possible on draft day.

I would never primarily use just one person's draft list. I compare the rankings from a few different sources I trust, then factor in my own projections based on historical data, gut feeling, and preseason performance (for rookies and young players, mostly).

Then I take the day off before the draft, drink heavily, and create my own customized, color-coded cheat sheet.

It ends up looking like Andy Reid's play sheet. :nerd:

:HAWK SCREECH:

I would never primarily use just one person's draft list. I compare the rankings from a few different sources I trust, then factor in my own projections based on historical data, gut feeling, and preseason performance (for rookies and young players, mostly).

Then I take the day off before the draft, drink heavily, and create my own customized, color-coded cheat sheet.

It ends up looking like Andy Reid's play sheet. :nerd:

:HAWK SCREECH:
Same here.I'm sure Draft Dominator is a great product and I certainly look at many people's projections and rankings.

But at the end of the day its my team, my draft, my money and I've been using the same color coded spread sheet for about 6 years now.

I

i wouldlove DD so much more if the mock draft produced some variety so i could actually practice instead of having the program draft the same players every time...anyone know how to fixx this..

My own custom sheets,the only way to go!!!! :thumbup: Can't blame anyone but yourself that way.

Contains ADP from FFC and FantasyPros rankings combined. I use draft dominator and FBG's projections. I then compare to my own rankings. I look for players that are ranked much higher or lower to research why such a difference and adjust based on research.

I also factor in strength of schedule regular season and playoffs.

I rank O lines

I list how many 100+ yd rush/recieve games and 300+ yd passing as we get 5 point bonuses for those games.

I just keep tweeking it until our draft based on camps, preseason etc...

There is some work involved, but its worth it to be fully prepared on draft day to squash the competition!!!!! :boxing:

i wouldlove DD so much more if the mock draft produced some variety so i could actually practice instead of having the program draft the same players every time...anyone know how to fixx this..
If you adjust the adp used for different teams in your settings, the results will be different. They don't account for the type of guy who takes Blount in the 3rd round, but it does offer some variety. I'm moving away from DD this year, and focusing on my an ipad app called nfl cheat sheet. I will be using my own rankings and using the app to organize everything.

I do all my projections (around 200 players) and then rank initially based off of that. I then move players based on upside, injury risk, etc. My tiers are created entirely on my own. If I'm having trouble between 2 players i will look up some "expert" rankings to get some different opinions. It really is so much more fun and so much more effective doing it entirely from scratch on your own.

Closest is the DD cheatsheet - but not exactly. I download that by position - make whatever adjustments I want to make to individual players, tier them by position and then narrow each positon down to about the top 50 guys (less for kickers and qbs). No need to have too much stuff cluttering my area on draft day. Oh, I also bring an extra sheet that just contains the NFL schedule - when I get to the end game I try to grab guys that have easier week 14-16 games.

Doing your own sheet is hysterical. Tons of effort for a lot less payoff. I use the FFI sheet but I do some of my own studies and don't draft straight from it.

'flc735 said:
I rank O lines
can you show us? i find this info very important but very tough to come by
I can't remember where I found the rankings, but I found 2 sites and used an average. TEAM AVEGB 6NE 2CIN 4KC 6CAR 5TEN 14PHI 5HOU 7BAL 9TB 12PIT 11NO 7BUF 17NYG 15CLE 14DAL 19NYJ 15DET 18JAX 23SF 18DEN 15MIA 21MIN 23SD 24SEA 26WAS 26OAK 28ATL 23CHI 29ARI 30IND 32STL 32

This year I've listed out they players I want. I don't care about taking a guy a round early as long as I target the guys I want. I don't just draft someone cause hes the best available player according to Dobbs or whomever decided that they were. My brain works just fine, I use it.

This year I've listed out they players I want. I don't care about taking a guy a round early as long as I target the guys I want. I don't just draft someone cause hes the best available player according to Dobbs or whomever decided that they were. My brain works just fine, I use it.
:goodposting: The year Marshall Faulk was the consensus #1 overall pick, I drafted Ladanian Tomlinson. Everyone thought I was insane.Look at other peoples opinions, understand them, then form your own. This method works for me

That Dobbs guy thinks he knows everything!

I check the projections of the top 30 at each position from those FBG who feed Projections Dominator. I adjust as I see fit. If I like how the 4 cluster, then I set to 25% weight. Then I import into DD.

I draft using DD as it is a simple way to track the draft and what everybody is doing, what they need, etc. The dynamic VBD with look ahead has been a real handy tool.

I bring FBG top 300 with ADP but honestly I have most of it in my head. I do enough mocks and research on the guys I want to target for each draft and then I just watch how the draft unfolds and I adjust accordingly.

When you've been doing this g-d forsaken hobby as long as I have it gets easier and easier on draft day.

I'll usually just grab projections from a staffer that I find myself agreeing with more often than not and print a basic sheet based on it (includes bye week, FFP, ADP, and value -- whether round based on VBD for drafts or dollar amount for auctions based on historical data). However, I never go strictly by it as I'll have players that I mentally bump up or down the list based on my own preferences. But with an auction, I need to have the names in a semi-sorted order so that I can easily find players to nominate if I'm trying to burn other owner's money.

Considering going back to Draft Dominator but previously I've been simply inputting my numbers into the VBD sheet...

Once I have the sheet in excel, then I mark off tiers with doubled lines in the grid....then I color code player names with Light/Dark green (like...really like) and light/dark red (dislike, do not draft). I laminate the sheet (2 sided) and use a sharpie to cross off players as they are picked. I use the half blank page on the back to write out my roster as I draft guys.

Pretty simple system with just a single laminated 2 sided sheet, and a sharpie required. By draft day I have a pretty good read on most every player that's draftable anyway and know who I'm targeting at what point.

I use one of the 160 cheatsheets (pertaining to my scoring rules). From there, I look to the top 50 and even the next ten in yellow. Using a combination of VBD and gut feel, I allow myself some latitude to pick no more than 5 spaces up or down of the remaining players on the board (of the top 60). By the 8th round or so, usually the top 60 are gone, and I'll slide up and down the individual cheat sheet list with much greater variance and I rely much more on gut feel than anything. But for the meat and potatoes of my draft I stick to Dodd's top 60 for my scoring criteria. It's been very successful methodolgy for me anyways. :2cents:

I create my own rankings using excel, my leagues scoring system and my projections for every player. I cross reference it with the most recent month long ADP sheet. I then bring along a fantasy mag for bye week/schedule purposes.

I print out the VBD and then take two different colored highlighters and mark my sleepers and busts. Only I know which players I like as I switch off with the colors.

I print out the VBD and then take two different colored highlighters and mark my sleepers and busts. Only I know which players I like as I switch off with the colors.
Why try to do this and risk confusing yourself on draft day. Is this sort of crap something you REALLY have to worry about in your league?

Users who are viewing this thread