What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Renditions of the National Anthem (1 Viewer)

DawgPoundNJ

Footballguy
I heard that at the Grizzlies game a couple of nights ago the legendary Al Green did the anthem and I just HAD to hear it.

This is one thing the Flyers had right. Kate Smith was awesome. She was their good luck charm, belted out a mean God Bless America, and my NY Islanders piss all over things by giving her flowers.

This is the one where she flubs it and he comes in and helps her sing it.Otherwise I like the anthem just sung simply and not jazzed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still get chills listening to that.
Forgot about that. Pretty damn good.
was that before or after they hated america?
When did they say they hated America? I've never heard them say that. They conveyed their disgust and disagreements with the American government under George Bush, but so did others. A lot of Americans from both sides of the aisles have spoken out against Presidents of the United States, and that does not mean any of them hate America.

When did they say they hated America? I've never heard them say that. They conveyed their disgust and disagreements with the American government under George Bush, but so did others. A lot of Americans from both sides of the aisles have spoken out against Presidents of the United States, and that does not mean any of them hate America.
Did you even taste the hook?

Did you even taste the hook?
I don't keep notes on the people who practice that nonsense.

:goodposting: Beautiful harmonies, and it's not overdone. The hair on my arms stood up when they went into whatever key on their harmonies and sang "Gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there." Remember Roseanne Barrs awful rendition of the star spangled banner?

Holy good god is this bad :lmao:

"TEST!"

"OH THE RABBIT WE WASHED"

"Or the land, and of the freeee-EEEEEEE"

Whats really funny is he actually thinks hes nailing it :lmao:

You will see more of this version with Herman Cain geting more publicity for the GOP nod in 2012, but here is the little known Third (the singer says second) Verse of the SSB that was done very well by an ex-marine. Needless to say the Tea Party loves this one.

From wikipedia:

O! say can you see by the dawn’s early light,

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming,

Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,

O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;

O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,

Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,

In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:

’Tis the star-spangled banner, O! long may it wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore

That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion,

A home and a country, should leave us no more?

Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps’ pollution.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

Between their loved home and the war’s desolation.

Blest with vict’ry and peace, may the Heav’n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto: “In God is our trust;”

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave![12]

I was always a fan of Nikolai Volkoffs National Anthem, but I dont think thats what you are going for here.

Americas "Most patriotic rock band", Madison Rising, did the National Anthem at the Daytona 500 Sunday. This is the first time Ive heard a band try to rock out on the National Anthem. Get ready to have your face melted at 1:26 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDDvlcNSMo

:lmao: turrible.

How bad was it, on a scale of Nickelback to 10?

youtube comments:

I don't get why there's so many dislikes??? What's the deal?

I can't believe the comments from some of you... this band loves our country and what it stands for and are willing to stand up for it, and just because you don't like this type of music you will post disrespectful comments about them. I for one think they did a great job and I would pay to see them live any day.

I still don't understand all the hate. Sorry your average terrible pop or country singer couldn't get this honor.

I never thought I would hear a band that was worse than Nickleback.

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Americas "Most patriotic rock band", Madison Rising, did the National Anthem at the Daytona 500 Sunday. This is the first time Ive heard a band try to rock out on the National Anthem. Get ready to have your face melted at 1:26 in.

youtube comments:

I can't believe the comments from some of you... this band loves our country and what it stands for and are willing to stand up for it, and just because you don't like this type of music you will post disrespectful comments about them. I for one think they did a great job and I would pay to see them live any day.

I still don't understand all the hate. Sorry your average terrible pop or country singer couldn't get this honor.

Saw this on FB. There were TONS of people giving it 10/10. I thought it was brutally horrible. Perhaps I'm missing something, but even forgiving the weird arrangement, the singer was just bad.

youtube comments:

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread