What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Bacon, Egg & Cheese Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Apple Jack

Footballguy
I'm of three minds here, all requiring somebody else make it. First, the emergency BEC. Sunday Morning Coming Down emergency. No way to hold your head that doesn't hurt emergency. Need a beer just to throw on your cleanest dirty shirt emergency. The dilaudid drip of breakfast sandwiches. The croissant BEC. Preferably fresh out of the oven croissant, complete with flakey shrapnel flying every which way with each bite, but smushed, soaked, and dripping with butter and bacon grease is just as good. Don't be afraid to have them throw that ####er back on the grill and smash it into more butter. Two of them. I'm salivating just thinking about it. Next is the good bagels joint I guess I should get it on a bagel toasted everything BEC. These tend to be a bit of a challenge to consume without the contents squishing out the sides at some point and BEC enthusiasts are advised not to attempt to drive while eating. Yes, even you expert knee-driver dude. (A note about the toasted everything BEC - be careful that this is not a place that has the nerve to one-egg you. In fact, a one-egger on bagel probably demands retribution. Like drive these people out of business so they can't victimize anymore innocents retribution. Maybe grounds for considering your first Yelp review. If I wanted an egg flavored bagel, I'd have ordered and egg bagel THANK YOU. Unacceptable.) Third, the toasted wheat bread BEC. The I'm trying to eat healthy but #### it, I need a BEC. Sadly, all-to-often many of us ##### out and land in the wheat bread BEC. It's a habit I've spent a lifetime trying to shake. It's a process. But I've found that if you're lucky, the BEC Chef back there picks up on the fact that you #####ed out and vetoes your "oh i'm soooo healthy" horse#### and dunks it in the butter bin anyway. These are the heroes on the front lines doing the heavy lifting when we (let's be real, I'm talking Catholic upbringings here) can't navigate around the guilt. God bless them.

And let there be no misunderstanding on one point...AMERICAN CHEESE ONLY. Vermont cheddar aged on the third floor of hemlock log cabin with southeastern exposure at 3700 feet only guy? Wrong amount, buddy. Wrong amount.

Hot damn, I love Bacon, Egg & Cheese sandwiches.

The croissant is the redhead of breakfast breads. When they're not that great, they're pretty ####ty. When they're great, they're out of this ####ig world.

The croissant is the redhead of breakfast breads. When they're not that great, they're pretty ####ty. When they're great, they're out of this ####ig world.
Is that in the context of this thread? A great croissant is wasted surrounding an egg and cheese sandwich.

Pork roll (Taylor ham), egg, and cheese. SPK. Hard roll.
I tried this once, years ago. It doesn't work. No one outside of NJ knows WTF Taylor Ham or pork roll is, and those that I try to explain it to inevitably say "no thanks," thinking it's some kind of Spam variant.

Just goes to show you that New Jerseyans are everywhere though, I was able to get it regularly at a Harmon's supermarket around the corner from my house in Salt Lake City, and I can get it at any of the 3 Publix supermarkets within 3 miles of my house in suburban FL.

I tried this once, years ago. It doesn't work. No one outside of NJ knows WTF Taylor Ham or pork roll is, and those that I try to explain it to inevitably say "no thanks," thinking it's some kind of Spam variant.

Just goes to show you that New Jerseyans are everywhere though, I was able to get it regularly at a Harmon's supermarket around the corner from my house in Salt Lake City, and I can get it at any of the 3 Publix supermarkets within 3 miles of my house in suburban FL.
Taylor ham is really tough to find around here. Good stuff!

Maybe I've just been lucky but it always seems to be right there with the Oscar Mayer cold cuts near the bacon and hot dogs in every local supermarket I frequent, no matter where in the country I've been.

Italian hot dogs, on the other hand, those I have to make myself. :lol:

I was part of the problem myself for a long time. Despite always hearing people rave about it, I don't think I actually tried it on my own until about 5 years ago. The non-brand name just didn't sound appetizing to me. Then it was like a light bulb went off: "I eat pig in every form imaginable, why am I having an issue here?" Haven't looked back. Although it's a good thing I didn't find it sooner...I was already fat enough during college.

With Rutgers moving to the B1G, it means a lot more noon football games which means more breakfast tailgates. And to be honest, our spread was pretty weak with these historically: bagels, donuts, irish coffee, etc and getting started around 7am was already making things hard. Last year we started going to White Rose and loading up on PR E&C to bring with us. Gamechanger.

The dilaudid drip of breakfast sandwiches.
:thumbup: Good work, man. I agree, but give me an English muffin or a bagel over a croissant any day of the week.
The muffin is solid enough to hold up to the 3 ingredients & has the better shape than the crooked croissant or the holey bagel.
But the holey bagel allows you to complete the classy "finger dip into the leftover cheesy, eggy goodness" move. And let's face it, when you get depressed about your amazing sandwich being done, having that one last taste is a godsend.

I was part of the problem myself for a long time. Despite always hearing people rave about it, I don't think I actually tried it on my own until about 5 years ago. The non-brand name just didn't sound appetizing to me. Then it was like a light bulb went off: "I eat pig in every form imaginable, why am I having an issue here?" Haven't looked back. Although it's a good thing I didn't find it sooner...I was already fat enough during college.

With Rutgers moving to the B1G, it means a lot more noon football games which means more breakfast tailgates. And to be honest, our spread was pretty weak with these historically: bagels, donuts, irish coffee, etc and getting started around 7am was already making things hard. Last year we started going to White Rose and loading up on PR E&C to bring with us. Gamechanger.
Ahhhhhh... White Rose System. It's been so long. That place had the greasiest fries of all time. I can still remember going there the first time and walking out with an order of fries in a bag, halfway back to my buddy's house, the bottom of the bag collapsed and all the fries dumped all over the sidewalk. As I looked on with horror, my buddy's older brother, a WRS veteran, laughed at me and said : "What an ###hole, everyone knows you have to eat the fries before they go through the bag !"

PR,E&C is a great tailgate item. I may have to pick up a box this week and try grilling the PR this weekend - I can't believe I've never done that before. Always pan or flat-top griddle fried. I bet grilled would be fantastic for getting that crispy edge... :homerdrool:

Ahhhhhh... White Rose System. It's been so long. That place had the greasiest fries of all time. I can still remember going there the first time and walking out with an order of fries in a bag, halfway back to my buddy's house, the bottom of the bag collapsed and all the fries dumped all over the sidewalk. As I looked on with horror, my buddy's older brother, a WRS veteran, laughed at me and said : "What an ###hole, everyone knows you have to eat the fries before they go through the bag !"

PR,E&C is a great tailgate item. I may have to pick up a box this week and try grilling the PR this weekend - I can't believe I've never done that before. Always pan or flat-top griddle fried. I bet grilled would be fantastic for getting that crispy edge... :homerdrool:
Did you ever go to Colonial Deli? It wasn't too far from Briar Hill, on 79 near the Marlboro/Morganville border. Amazing bacon egg and cheese and I wonder if they served pork roll there. I imagine they did and also imagine it was fantastic. Another regret with that place closed...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you guys, but when I get a 10-in breakfast sandwich from my local Wawa, I start with SEC. When asked, "Do you want to add Applewood Smoked Bacon?" I always select "Yes."

:hifive:

:porked:

Did you ever go to Colonial Deli? It wasn't too far from Briar Hill, on 79 near the Marlboro/Morganville border. Amazing bacon egg and cheese and I wonder if they served pork roll there. I imagine they did and also imagine it was fantastic. Another regret with that place closed...
Oh hell yeah. I was there or at 79 Deli at least once a week. 99% sure they did serve pork roll as well as bacon.

I love me a breakfast sandwich but I like a couple soft poached eggs, some good cheese, and smoked turkey on homemade biscuits.

I don't eat pork man

heckmanm said:
Jules Winnfield said:
I love me a breakfast sandwich but I like a couple soft poached eggs, some good cheese, and smoked turkey on homemade biscuits.

I don't eat pork man dig on swine
You of all people...
Go back and watch the movie...I put it in wrong but was looking for the next lineI should have typed " Naw man, I don't eat pork"

Last edited by a moderator:
heckmanm said:
Jules Winnfield said:

You of all people...
Go back and watch the movie...I put it in wrong but was looking for the next lineI should have typed " Naw man, I don't eat pork"
Are you Jewish?
Naw, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine that's all

heckmanm said:
Jules Winnfield said:

You of all people...
Fair enough. I guess the "swine" line is the one that always stuck with me. Apologies for stepping on a perfectly good setup.

Its delicious. High class chip-chopped ham - which is also delicious, cheap fattiness. Grew up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread