What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Handcuffing, When is too early? (1 Viewer)

Chuck K

Footballguy
10 team keeper, 1PPR.

Start 1QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/1 Flex(RB,WR,TE)

I currently have Murray and CJ Anderson as 2 of my keepers. Picking 3rd. Trying to work a trade to move Murray.

If that deal doesn't get done, I still plan on using that 3rd pick on the best RB available regardless if I trade Murray or not.

I figure it will be between Charles/Lacy/Peterson

My question is how much value do you put on handcuffing your RBs?

For me to get each of my 3 RBs handcuffs I'm guessing I may have to grab them 2-3 rounds earlier than normal.

I'm just not convinced each would warrant such a jump..like James Starks for example if I picked Lacy at 3, I could prob find better value in a different player in the round I would need to pull the trigger on Starks for.

Are you ok risking missing on a handcuff for a player you really want? Or do you lean toward security for your backfield?

For a redraft league (or limited keeper like this) I won't reach early for a handcuff. I'd rather take another player I could start or use as a flex even if my starters don't get hurt.

I care more about handcuffs in dynasty format. There I would reach if needed for a handcuff I thought would have future value.

In either case, Starks isn't the kind of player I'd reach for. McKinnon as ADP's backup, though, I would (for example).

Users who are viewing this thread