What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the most "tradeable" player in Round 1 (best ROI) (1 Viewer)

Gatorman

Supreme Elite Maximum Tier
Ok, so this is a different take on the first round, mainly bc I am drafting middle to end this year and 3 of my 4 leagues are "local" with trades, so, if I have to "sell" assets if my team is in trouble, who is the most "Salable" asset of the first round? (conversely, which one of these players would be hardest to "Buy" if I tried to get them later)

I would argue the RBs and Kelce will be more valuable than the WR group if all are healthy not because the WRs are bad, just that most owners aren't savvy enough to trade depth for a better WR.

I could be wrong here, but to me, if it is a TE league, Kelce will have the most value and if you hit on another "dart throw TE" at the draft Kelce can shore up other weaknesses. (Also, someone who made great picks at WR may be willing to trade JJ, JC, Hill etc to get kelce)

I think that Cmac and Kelce are the top two trade assets of the first round, followed by The "back half" RBs if they hit. The WR room, to me, stops at WR4 in terms of stand alone trade value. Maybe Diggs has it as well, but after that it is sparse. Saquon may have sneaky trade value if the Giants offense takes off in Daboll year two.

What do you all think?

Ok, so this is a different take on the first round, mainly bc I am drafting middle to end this year and 3 of my 4 leagues are "local" with trades, so, if I have to "sell" assets if my team is in trouble, who is the most "Salable" asset of the first round? (conversely, which one of these players would be hardest to "Buy" if I tried to get them later)

I would argue the RBs and Kelce will be more valuable than the WR group if all are healthy not because the WRs are bad, just that most owners aren't savvy enough to trade depth for a better WR.

I could be wrong here, but to me, if it is a TE league, Kelce will have the most value and if you hit on another "dart throw TE" at the draft Kelce can shore up other weaknesses. (Also, someone who made great picks at WR may be willing to trade JJ, JC, Hill etc to get kelce)

I think that Cmac and Kelce are the top two trade assets of the first round, followed by The "back half" RBs if they hit. The WR room, to me, stops at WR4 in terms of stand alone trade value. Maybe Diggs has it as well, but after that it is sparse. Saquon may have sneaky trade value if the Giants offense takes off in Daboll year two.

What do you all think?
I think this is exactly right. Kelce provides a lot of strategic value that doesn't show up in the numbers.

Over the years, how many times have you crushed a draft, but spent all season trying to find points at TE? The person who has Kelce holds a trump card.

I'm taking him at 5 overall tomorrow in a draft.

Over the years, how many times have you crushed a draft, but spent all season trying to find points at TE? The person who has Kelce holds a trump card.

Not very often. I generally fade the position & get later round success.

The last few years it’s been difficult, but guys like Juwon Johnson, Likely, Schultz, Hurst, whomever the Bengals TE is de jour - all provide good value.

Kelce is a gem. I don’t fault you for going for that strategy. But this year especially I want a top QB in the 4-5-6 rounds. And I find when I go Kelce+QB inside the top 5 rounds, my WR & RB suffer. A lot.

To the point that I’m not sure Kelce’s positional advantage really benefits me in non TE-P.

TE-P, Kelce is a no-brainer 1.05, maybe higher.

The last few years it’s been difficult, but guys like Juwon Johnson, Likely, Schultz, Hurst, whomever the Bengals TE is de jour - all provide good value.

Kelce is a gem. I don’t fault you for going for that strategy. But this year especially I want a top QB in the 4-5-6 rounds. And I find when I go Kelce+QB inside the top 5 rounds, my WR & RB suffer. A lot.

To the point that I’m not sure Kelce’s positional advantage really benefits me in non TE-P.

Tommy: not disagreeing here but let’s say you crush your draft except for TE how much would you then give up for Kelce vs the other guys in round 1? Or one of the rbs?

lots of draft strategy this year is fade te and gobble up wrs. same with the zero rb pundits. My contention is from a trade perspective having Kelce, pollard, saqoun can net you more in a trade than, say, having any wr past diggs in the tier.

What did I just read?

In redraft, just draft winners.

I don't think you should be thinking about trade value when drafting. Only consider trades when your roster has a need. Drafting players you intend to trade makes your roster more likely to have holes. Needing to trade is dependent on other people agreeing to trade with you, thus you no longer control your own destiny.

Tommy: not disagreeing here but let’s say you crush your draft except for TE how much would you then give up for Kelce vs the other guys in round 1? Or one of the rbs?

lots of draft strategy this year is fade te and gobble up wrs. same with the zero rb pundits. My contention is from a trade perspective having Kelce, pollard, saqoun can net you more in a trade than, say, having any wr past diggs in the tier.
Who’s Tommy?

What did I just read?

In redraft, just draft winners.

I don't think you should be thinking about trade value when drafting. Only consider trades when your roster has a need. Drafting players you intend to trade makes your roster more likely to have holes. Needing to trade is dependent on other people agreeing to trade with you, thus you no longer control your own destiny.
Again, not saying this as an “only” strategy, but more as a “separator” if you value players evenly.

Who’s Tommy?
Sorry. Was typing on a flight and the internet was spotty.

I mostly agree with what you have identified as difference makers that your league competitors might back up the truck and offer the most for.

Robinson might be a guy you could get a lot for if he starts strong and someone in your league has rookie fever or thinks he going to be like LT or Faulk.

At the same time I agree with Grudens Keyboards point that you should draft the player you think gives you the best chance to win, and that would be a player you are not looking to trade away later.

I think Kelce is the most valuable trade comodity providing one thing: your league mates understand what a HUGE positional/points per game advantage the KIelce owner had last year and assume something close to that will happen again this year.

Users who are viewing this thread