What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Week 6 (1 Viewer)

The Thursday slate breakdown is up.

My thoughts:

There are only 3 quarterbacks on the slate, in order: Ward, Davis, and Kessler

Its impossible not to play Dayes
Find a way to roster Juju

Im playing 90% of my action with a cash lineup with Ward at QB and 10% in a GPP with Davis

My thoughts:

Im playing 90% of my action with a cash lineup with Ward at QB and 10% in a GPP with Davis
This slate is going to be brutal, as we have no idea about Devon Johnson and he is $5,200 on FanDuel. If you play him and he plays you win, if you don't play him and he plays you have almost no chance.

My thoughts:

This slate is going to be brutal, as we have no idea about Devon Johnson and he is $5,200 on FanDuel. If you play him and he plays you win, if you don't play him and he plays you have almost no chance.
Sounds like this week may be a good week to sit out. I had thought about it, but the Thurs/Fri slate has been pretty good for me. May be time to take a week off though.

My thoughts:

So youre saying theres a chance?!

Has anyone asked uncle Vito yet?

Im assuming the IVC is waiting to see if we get any kind useful of word on the situation? Aside from Johnson, do Farrow and Dayes look like the safer cash plays?

My thoughts:

So youre saying theres a chance?!

Has anyone asked uncle Vito yet?

Im assuming the IVC is waiting to see if we get any kind useful of word on the situation? Aside from Johnson, do Farrow and Dayes look like the safer cash plays?
The IVC is up, I based the projections off of Doc Holiday's statements earlier this week regarding Devon stating that he was feeling great and should practice. Much more positive than last week of stating he's "Day to Day"

Meanwhile a little rant, what else does the sports beat writers in Huntington West Virginia have to cover? We haven't seen any news since Monday, which makes me think he is more likely to play than not play.

Marshall is tomorrow. Makes the RB situation worse
Frack.
Ive decided to roster him. Hes so cheap that even if he doesnt play it still allows for Ward, Juju, and Ayers. I look at it as close to 100% to cash if Johnson plays and maybe 10% to cash if he doesnt.

I am playing alot higher % GPP to cash than usual though. Ive got one of each combination of Farrow/ Dayes/ and Johnson in different lineups.

Marshall is tomorrow. Makes the RB situation worse
Frack.
Ive decided to roster him. Hes so cheap that even if he doesnt play it still allows for Ward, Juju, and Ayers. I look at it as close to 100% to cash if Johnson plays and maybe 10% to cash if he doesnt.

I am playing alot higher % GPP to cash than usual though. Ive got one of each combination of Farrow/ Dayes/ and Johnson in different lineups.
I have him in every lineup on FD. Based on him practicing I have it at a 60% chance he plays, he is the type of player where he won't give it a go unless he's close to 100%.

There are a lot of top end guys who are too intriguing for me to pass him up.

DraftKings:

QB Greg Ward Jr. 10000
QB Nick Mullens 6300
RB Xavier Jones 4100
RB Dwayne Washington 4600
WR Davonte Allen 4200
WR Demarcus Ayers 6600
WR Mike Thomas 4000
F Casey Martin 4900
F Steven Dunbar 5200

I can't even figure out which players to root for. Have a little Xavier exposure.

Seems like we're playing cash games since the prizes are going to get chopped to nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a degenerate and even I'm not touching tonight's slate. Devon Johnson has been listed as probable if you do

I'm a degenerate and even I'm not touching tonight's slate. Devon Johnson has been listed as probable if you do
Me neither.

Good news on Johnson. I used him in just over 50% of my Thur-Fri lineups. If he a Samuels have a good night I should at least break-even on the slate with a chance to do well if Martin shows up.

From a general game theory standpoint, starting Devon Johnson and fading Kenneth Farrow was the right move in GPP's. Obviously game theory doesn't always work out, but if I was to tell you that Farrow would only get 11 carries and have 3.6 YPC, would you start him when he was 55-60% owned? Probably not, but the thing was he found the end zone 3x which saved his night.

Now lets take Johnson, a guy who when healthy is a top 5 running back in college football. At 10% ownership, if you start him, and he goes for 140 yards and two touchdowns, at that price he separates you from the field.

Just a little game theory approach how I attack GPP's

Looks to me like he's #1 on the depth chart. He's listed as questionable. I can't seem to find any injury update either. Anyone else?

Part of me is disappointed to look at Saturdays IVC and see all the plays I hoped to fly under the radar as top H-Values. I have got to ask what is going on with Rodney Smith though. Is Purdue just that bad? I know the chart has him above Canizeri, do you think hes the better play this week too?

Part of me is disappointed to look at Saturdays IVC and see all the plays I hoped to fly under the radar as top H-Values. I have got to ask what is going on with Rodney Smith though. Is Purdue just that bad? I know the chart has him above Canizeri, do you think hes the better play this week too?
I am assuming you're talking about FanDuel where they are pretty close to being equally priced. I really like Canzeri this week and think he is a solid option.

Onto, Rodney Smith. Purdue is allowing 203 yards rushing after adjusting out the Indiana State game. This is the worst defense that Minnesota will play all season and Vegas has adjusted for this having Minnesota's O/U at 25.5. Against an Ohio team that has a better defense than Purdue he was able to put up 152 total yards. I am throwing out the Northwestern game in his projections as they have one of the best defenses in the country.

If you trust Canzeri and feel good about him I'm not going to blame you on FanDuel as I have them very close, but Smith's ability to consistently catch the ball out of the backfield has him slightly over Canzeri.

On DK Smith is one of the top plays

how do we feel about lazard today in fd 50/50s?
He's ok, I think there are better plays, make sure you have Marken michel in your lineup at 5k, he's the must play of the day on FD.

Also like Villamin slightly over him.
yup got him thanks. i guess villamin and lazard are in similar situations. wr1s on teams that figure to be behind and will have to throw vs not very good pass defenses. you think villamin is safer for fd cash games? and you are not really worried about bolden cutting into villamins targets, right?

how do we feel about lazard today in fd 50/50s?
He's ok, I think there are better plays, make sure you have Marken michel in your lineup at 5k, he's the must play of the day on FD.

Also like Villamin slightly over him.
yup got him thanks. i guess villamin and lazard are in similar situations. wr1s on teams that figure to be behind and will have to throw vs not very good pass defenses. you think villamin is safer for fd cash games? and you are not really worried about bolden cutting into villamins targets, right?
I think you can go either way, I just like Villamin slightly more due to touchdown potential. Lazard should get slightly more targets, if your gut says go Lazard I won't blame you for it.

Who are your favorite 3-3.5k punt options on DK?

And I feel like I have way too much exposure to Sharpe and Michel on FD because they're so damn cheap! You recommend diversifying in a lineup or two or rolling with them as top options at their price points?

And I feel like I have way too much exposure to Sharpe and Michel on FD because they're so damn cheap! You recommend diversifying in a lineup or two or rolling with them as top options at their price points?
I'm feeling the same way. Michel is likely going to put up 3.5 points and submarine my whole slate. Hopefully being able to upgrade to Fournette/Chubbs/etc can overcome that in a cash game.

Don't love many of the options less than 3.5k. For my lineup 3.8k is the lowest that I'm going in Zach Austin and very little Brandon Reilly at 3.7.

Go Torii Hunter Jr. if you have to go sub 3.5

I'm feeling the same way. Michel is likely going to put up 3.5 points and submarine my whole slate. Hopefully being able to upgrade to Fournette/Chubbs/etc can overcome that in a cash game.
heh yeah me too. i am the kiss of death in cfb dfs this year and im all over umass today.

heh yeah me too. i am the kiss of death in cfb dfs this year and im all over umass today.
Michel will be the highest owned player on this slate.

Good luck today everyone. Late slate should be out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread