What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Either/or (dynasty) (1 Viewer)

That one guy

Footballguy
Working on a trade with one of my aging stud RBs that will net me some good futures (1sts and 2nds) and my choice of two players:

D Johnson Jr (RB, CLE) or T Smith (LB, JAX)

I know it's not full IDP, but one half of the options is...w/o taking Johnson, I'd be pretty void of RBs and forced to use picks for the position. Scoring is 1 ppr/6 pt TD on offense and 2 pt tackle/2 pt sack/1 pt assist for IDP

It's a bit of a "in a vacuum" question, but those experience with 16-team IDP leagues, who would you prefer of those 2?

I agree with the previous poster that RB's are a lot harder to find than LB's. Also, without knowing how many LB's (or RB's) start in your league it makes it difficult to know what the positional scarcity might be. Historically, RB's are a lot harder to come by so taking Johnson is probably the way to go.

Start minimum 1RB (fill in RB/WR/TE as seen fit, but 1 per position required), 2-3 LBs

I agree that RBs are generally harder to come by and with the loss of aging stud the replacement with pretty good ppr prospect Johnson is nice. Smith is a wild card option to as all I know about him is he generally scores quite well and is pretty high up on most IDP dynasty rankings. Just in case there was a higher opinion of "yeah, he's pretty good" I came here. This is one of the better frequented IDP forums that I've found as I continue to learn this aspect of FF...still more confident of my trade analysis when dealing with someone else's team than my own

Telvin Smith is a young, athletic LB on a team that generally gets lot's of tackle opportunities. He is a solid LB2 moving forward in dynasty but I don't think he ever gets to the set it and forget LB tier. He is starter quality/really great bench depth if you start 2-3 LB's.

Users who are viewing this thread