What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's wrong with me? (Medically speaking) (1 Viewer)

Truth Commission

Footballguy
For the past few months, when I swallow, I have an occasional bump in my swallow. It's pretty common, and I've gotten used to it. At the same time, my back, I think more of my upper back, sort of burns, along with general back soreness (which is probably unrelated).

I tend to think, the bump in my swallow is probably related to the burning in my upper back.

By burning, it's not necessarily a hot feel, it is sort of one, but it's more of a lingering sensation.

I have not gone to a doctor only because I've had this issue for months now, and it hasn't gotten any worse, but also hasn't improved. My appetite is not impacted by this, and I haven't had any shortness or breath and/or difficulty swallowing.

Anyone have any clue as to what is causing this? Is there an over the counter medicine that could help?

Thank you all in advance.

Have you had any head injuries recently? Same thing happened to me when a steel ladder hit me in the head. I have no clue what it was and it eventually went away.

If you have fear of the number thirteen, that's Triskaidekaphobia, but your symptoms kind of sound like it may be something different.

What do you mean "bump" in your swallow?

When I felt an interrupted swallow a long time ago I went to my doctor, they found a cyst on my thyroid and ended up cutting half of it out.

As someone said, go to the doctor, moron.

Hietal hernia?

Go see a doc. Doc may want to schedule an upper endoscopy. Like a colonoscopy but no cleanout. Just can't eat day of procedure. I've had a few and they are a walk in the park. OP probably has GERD and needs to be on a prescription heartburn med.

What do you mean "bump" in your swallow?

When I felt an interrupted swallow a long time ago I went to my doctor, they found a cyst on my thyroid and ended up cutting half of it out.

As someone said, go to the doctor, moron.
Johnny Kelly: Hi Dr. Magnus. How's my mother?

Dr. Magnus: It's her thyroid, Johnny.

Johnny Kelly: What's wrong with it?

Dr. Magnus: We can't find it. Gonna have to do a thyroid search.

Johnny Kelly: How much is that gonna cost?

Dr. Magnus: You're in luck. This week a special. $999 dollars.

It's not contagious, is it? I can't catch it by reading this thread, right? Oh, man. I'm going to call my doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread