What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You don't like any of the Presidential Candidates (1 Viewer)

tommyboy

Footballguy
All this talk of feel the bern, yuge, marco robot, grandma clinton and el diablo cruz. You don't like any of them. This is your thread.

At this point you'd prefer a slightly warm 7-11 burrito to this crop. You're wondering how the hell did our country get so screwed? This is the best we have to offer?

(pours out 40)

You're wondering what Canada is like

You're considering retirement, you're only 34 yrs old

You've watched "Idiocracy" several times recently wondering if Mike Judge is a prophet from heaven.

Wondering if Peyton Manning might jump in.

Think about it. If you're super smart/talent, considering all the options to you to make money and live a happy life, why on earth would you want to be president??? Nearly half the country is going to hate you, the job is insanely stressful, and there's even a legitimate chance you could be assassinated.

I feel like politics is just sports with only two teams which turns us all into tremendous ###holes. And we vote just to stick it to that guy because he believe in X.

So perpetually stupid and worthless. I vote for the inanimate carbon rod. IN ROD WE TRUST!

After the last debate, I no longer have a candidate.I didn't expect it but I would now welcome Bloomberg to the race. If I had to vote today, it would probably be for Trump.

I did a website "who should I vote for" thingy and it came back with:

Sanders 82%

Clinton 80%

Trump 78%

If the election was today, I probably wouldn't vote

Think about it. If you're super smart/talent, considering all the options to you to make money and live a happy life, why on earth would you want to be president??? Nearly half the country is going to hate you, the job is insanely stressful, and there's even a legitimate chance you could be assassinated.
This.. the very fact that someone WANTS to be president is pretty much a reason why they are a POS to me.... literally no sane person should want the responsibility of that job. 4-8 years of 80 hour weeks where you could be sending people to die or be severely injured, get made fun of and are hated by a large % of the population...

If i were the most qualified person for it in the entire world, I wouldn't take the job even if it were GIVEN to me and i didn't even have to run... which is one of the most stressful and annoying parts.

The only way we'd get the most talented person for the job in the job is if we recruited and gave the job to them without all the BS.

Makes me think of that Richard Pryor movie where he encourages everyone to vote for "none of the above" and "None" wins. Ain't nobody winning this thing. We are all losers here.

even if i liked a Republican, in Oregon my vote is worthless
The electoral college made sense in the 18th century but its legacy is to devalue the votes of a huge percentage of citizens and to corrupt the process.
explain. genuinely curious.
It's a national office but votes are limited to states. While each individual vote SHOULD count in a national vote, they don't. Democrat votes in Idaho and Republican votes in NY, for instance, are completely worthless because those two states are already nailed down for the other side. Thus, a huge percentage of citizens have their votes devalued.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, my mindset is who would screw up the country the least. Right now, I'm thinking Hillary, but will probably hold my nose doing it.

From '96 forward, each of my votes in the presidential election has been against a candidate instead of for a candidate.

All this talk of feel the bern, yuge, marco robot, grandma clinton and el diablo cruz. You don't like any of them. This is your thread.

At this point you'd prefer a slightly warm 7-11 burrito to this crop. You're wondering how the hell did our country get so screwed? This is the best we have to offer?

(pours out 40)

You're wondering what Canada is like

You're considering retirement, you're only 34 yrs old

You've watched "Idiocracy" several times recently wondering if Mike Judge is a prophet from heaven.

Wondering if Peyton Manning might jump in.
:lol: Seriously...

But yeah, the more I read the more I think my vote will go to Sanders. And I'm about as moderate as you can get.

:shrug: I like Gary Johnson
My vote will likely land here again.
I really wanted to like him but just couldn't do it. While I like his stance on issues, he has put so little effort in detailing his plans that it's hard to take him seriously. Trump provides more details than he does.

While I don't love any of them, I'll likely vote for the Republican candidate.

The memes the kids are making on this election are hilarious. I like the Sanders memes the best so I go with him (although the "I trust THIS more than Hillary" ones are great.).

I would instantly change my vote Hillary if there was a provision that should something happen to her, Bill steps back in, was approved.

The memes the kids are making on this election are hilarious. I like the Sanders memes the best so I go with him (although the "I trust THIS more than Hillary" ones are great.).

I would instantly change my vote Hillary if there was a provision that should something happen to her, Bill steps back in, was approved.
My hope is that Bill just secretly tells her what to do. No shtick.

I really wanted to like him but just couldn't do it. While I like his stance on issues, he has put so little effort in detailing his plans that it's hard to take him seriously. Trump provides more details than he does.While I don't love any of them, I'll likely vote for the Republican candidate.
youre confusing little effort with little money

I really wanted to like him but just couldn't do it. While I like his stance on issues, he has put so little effort in detailing his plans that it's hard to take him seriously. Trump provides more details than he does.

His plans seems very detailed to me, can you give an example of what is not detailed enough for you.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm

2 for the price of 1.

Great, great thread idea. :thumbup:

I like certain little things about two candidates in particular -- Bernie because he's a man of principle and integrity, and Christie because he seems to be a pragmatist, no bs, straight talker, and approaches problems the way I do. But neither of them are close to being a candidate I'd actually vote for. I'll probably go third party.

All the rest, especially Trump, Hillary, Rubio and Cruz...I mean, are you kidding me?? It's just embarrassing.

Also...

I think about this movie almost daily. It's not prophetic anymore to me, it's an accurate representation. Seriously.

His plans seems very detailed to me, can you give an example of what is not detailed enough for you.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Gary_Johnson.htm
I guess I want to see more than "balance the budget" or "stop spending" or "don't raise the debt ceiling" or "replace income tax with a consumption tax". Maybe get a few specifics. The details on his website are non-existent. How much money does it take to put up a detailed analysis on your website? As much as I don't like Cruz, he gives a very detailed tax plan, one that someone else can analyze in detail. This is from the last election. How long does it take to come up with details?

All you not voting people are morons , you rally are. It makes no sense it really doesn't . I'm telling its the wrong thing to do , it is. Believe me

Whoa, Rosanne Barr is running for president? How did I miss that? The Peace and Justice Party? I suppose that would help the pro weed movement.

Anyway, this thread is perfect for me. I don't want to vote for any of this crowd. If I was pressed, I would probably go Kasich, but I wouldn't be excited about it. I don't see any way he is around for the general election anyhow, so where does that leave me???

Whoa, Rosanne Barr is running for president? How did I miss that? The Peace and Justice Party? I suppose that would help the pro weed movement.

Anyway, this thread is perfect for me. I don't want to vote for any of this crowd. If I was pressed, I would probably go Kasich, but I wouldn't be excited about it. I don't see any way he is around for the general election anyhow, so where does that leave me???
she tried to run as a Green in 2012, lost, and then switched parties

you're obviously not happily married

she tried to run as a Green in 2012, lost, and then switched parties
Right, I remember some of the rumblings during the '12 election, but I had not heard a single thing about '16. Could make for good TV seeing her in a debate (would that be the right word?) with Trump. Meh, I have already given this more attention than it deserves. Carry on with all the other terrible candidate talk...

All you not voting people are morons , you rally are. It makes no sense it really doesn't . I'm telling its the wrong thing to do , it is. Believe me
Well ok then. I'll rub my butt on the ballot and if I end up voting for someone by cling-on, so be it.

I will be voting, but still undecided in the presidential race. Nonetheless, there are many smaller races I have a definite interest in, so I absolutely will be showing up to vote.

Great, great thread idea. :thumbup:

I like certain little things about two candidates in particular -- Bernie because he's a man of principle and integrity, and Christie because he seems to be a pragmatist, no bs, straight talker, and approaches problems the way I do. But neither of them are close to being a candidate I'd actually vote for. I'll probably go third party.

All the rest, especially Trump, Hillary, Rubio and Cruz...I mean, are you kidding me?? It's just embarrassing.

Also...

I think about this movie almost daily. It's not prophetic anymore to me, it's an accurate representation. Seriously.
I'm voting for Not Sure.

As we've learned from Obama, it's idiotic to vote for someone based on what they "say" they will do. Details are pointless. No one has any plans, and any details offered are worth zero... once in office they'll all have to capitulate to the machinery. Promises can't possibly be kept.

More useful to vote for someone based on what they believe in, how they act, and if you think they'll be able to maintain their principles in the face of opposition. That way when the do have to compromise you'll feel at least they'll stand up for the right things and not give away the store.
I guess I just don't see any effort.

Users who are viewing this thread