What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking Some Pre-Picks (1 Viewer)

Toads

Footballguy
Late pick in sixth round.

Totally perplexed: pre-picking between Jordan Beck WLB-ATL and Dan Cody DE-BAL.

Throw me a bone here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think Cody will be a stud DE at some point in his career. Jordan Beck was middle of the pack LB in the rookie class and I dont see him starting anytime soon.

I would also go Cody here. Just don't have high initial expectations for Cody...the Ravens will use him as an OLB. If he suceeds at the position, Cody may not be a DE for at least four years. Passing-rushing OLB's usually score poorly in most leagues.

I would also go Cody here.

Just don't have high initial expectations for Cody...the Ravens will use him as an OLB. If he suceeds at the position, Cody may not be a DE for at least four years. Passing-rushing OLB's usually score poorly in most leagues.
He'll still score more than somebody who probably wont be a starter in this league.

I suspect that it's a moot point as I don't suspect that he'll be available anyway.If he is, he's it.Thanks

Just don't have high initial expectations for Cody...the Ravens will use him as an OLB.  If he suceeds at the position, Cody may not be a DE for at least four years.  Passing-rushing OLB's usually score poorly in most leagues.
He'll still score more than somebody who probably wont be a starter in this league.
Exactly. That's why I wrote, "I would also go Cody here." :loco: MDT, are there any other "sleeper" LB's available?? Kirk Morrison?? Matt McCoy?? LeRoy Hill?? Channing Crowder?? Alfred Fincher??

I would probably grab Morrison, McCoy, and maybe Crowder over Cody.

Just don't have high initial expectations for Cody...the Ravens will use him as an OLB.  If he suceeds at the position, Cody may not be a DE for at least four years.  Passing-rushing OLB's usually score poorly in most leagues.
Exactly. That's why I wrote, "I would also go Cody here." :loco: MDT, are there any other "sleeper" LB's available?? Kirk Morrison?? Matt McCoy?? LeRoy Hill?? Channing Crowder?? Alfred Fincher??

I would probably grab Morrison, McCoy, and maybe Crowder over Cody.
As it turned out, it was Beck as the logical choice.That late, all the guys you referenced were long gone.

The combine #'s on Beck were top notch, he ran faster and was far better in the short shuttle times than 95% of the participants.

When you look at ATL's linebacker depth, this guy was picked #90 for a reason...he'll be starting year two, or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread