What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tomlinson's Bruised heel (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayrok

Footballguy
Any SD homers out there know anything on his status? All I can find is he came off the field with a bruised heel or achilles. They mentioned a possible MRI. If they did this, anyone know the results?thanks in advance!I draft this weekend and have #1. Want Tomlinson, but not if there is an injury problem.

I fully agree. I also have the number one pick and am starting to second guess taking LT as my pick. I have been considering Portis as my pick for months now, but the numbers still show LT to have a decent advantage. Lets brake it down.Top 5 PossibilitiesLT - 3rd year injuries? :thumbdown: Established player! :thumbup: Established QB! :thumbup: Portis - Young! :thumbup: Not quite a Vetran! :confused: Non Established QB! :thumbdown: QB Compared to ELWAY! :thumbup: Williams - Over Worked? :thumbdown: Injury Prone? :thumbdown: Established Vetran! :thumbup: Injury Prone QB? :thumbdown: Work Horse? :boxing: Holmes - Last Year Repete? :thumbup: Bo Jackson Injury? :thumbdown: Established player & QB :thumbup: Faulk - Has more or Has been? :confused: Repete of last year or year before? :confused: K Turley :thumbup: I'm leaning in the directio nof LT and Portis, and as my draft gets closer I'm leaning to Portis. I think denver is a better team that will lead games (running game at the end), but being in the first draft spot really put the spot light on you. I had Holmes last year, how could I repete again?Not sure this helps, but I'm hoping i get something from this thread as well.Thanks :wall: SM

It's a bruised heel guys? Tomlinson is a workhorse, he'll be fine!! If you guys have to worry about it this much and won't take him #1 in your leagues because of it you are in the wrong fantasy league.I could see if it was more serious but a bruised heel? Take Tomlinson and deal with the broken nails, athletes foot, etc. only worry about serious injuries

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 5 PossibilitiesLT - 3rd year injuries? :thumbdown: Established player! :thumbup: Established QB! :thumbup: Portis - Young! :thumbup: Not quite a Vetran! :confused: Non Established QB! :thumbdown: QB Compared to ELWAY! :thumbup: Williams - Over Worked? :thumbdown: Injury Prone? :thumbdown: Established Vetran! :thumbup: Injury Prone QB? :thumbdown: Work Horse? :boxing: Holmes - Last Year Repete? :thumbup: Bo Jackson Injury? :thumbdown: Established player & QB :thumbup: Faulk - Has more or Has been? :confused: Repete of last year or year before? :confused: K Turley :thumbup: I'm leaning in the directio nof LT and Portis, and as my draft gets closer I'm leaning to Portis. I think denver is a better team that will lead games (running game at the end), but being in the first draft spot really put the spot light on you. I had Holmes last year, how could I repete again?Not sure this helps, but I'm hoping i get something from this thread as well.Thanks :wall: SM
Ok... lets debunk a few statements here...Plummer compared to Elway? Its hard to even come up with something here that is not too insulting. ELWAY??????????????????????????? Plummer?????????????????????????Why, because they both are Mobil QBs? So was E. Crouch!Next... Holmes injury... yeesh this is getting hard. Yes there is an injury concern but this was NOT THE SAME INJURY as Bo. Not at all. Only thing in common was the fact that it was the hip and it LOOKED similar when it happened. From a medical standpoint, apples and oranges. But thats better than a comparison between Plummer and Elway. That is like sofas and oranges. : )

Love LT but he is quoted as saying something to the effect of "I'm not sure if it's a bruised heel or bruised achilles." (I'll try to find the link). There is a dramatic difference between the two. Anyone who ever bruised their achilles will tell you that.Still LT is a helluva player and you shouldn't push the panic button on him.

It's a bruised hell guys? Tomlinson is a workhorse, he'll be fine!! If you guys have to worry about it this much and won't take him #1 in your leagues because of it you are in the wrong fantasy league.I could see if it was more serious but a bruised heel? Take Tomlinson and deal with the broken nails, athletes foot, etc. only worry about serious injuries
Well I never said I was worried about it "this much". I was just hoping to hear some status on him before I make the decision. If it was more serious than just a bruise, I wouldn't think twice about taking Williams or Holmes. thanks

Love LT but he is quoted as saying something to the effect of "I'm not sure if it's a bruised heel or bruised achilles." (I'll try to find the link). There is a dramatic difference between the two. Anyone who ever bruised their achilles will tell you that.Still LT is a helluva player and you shouldn't push the panic button on him.
Well Chaka, I read the same thing. Can't remember where. Don't know what a "bruised achilles" is but it sure sounds worse than a bruised heel.

I read on "another board" that Tomlinson was running in pads doing individual drills. It was posted by the board moderator at a known and respected FF site... take it for what it is worth.

Well Chaka, I read the same thing. Can't remember where. Don't know what a "bruised achilles" is but it sure sounds worse than a bruised heel.
Hurts like heck. Every time you take a step you stretch your achilles. This type of injury effectively killed Derrick Alexander's career 2 years ago... not that he needed much help killing his career but he was coming off a monster year in KC and never got right.

in my defense, i wasnt the one saying comparing couches and oranges ----> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6574740 <----- I was more commenting on the fast that people are quite excited as to how Jake has plugged in over there, and if he really is doing that well, then it will only help Portis have a huge season, possibly better than LT just because of the durability factor, as well the fact that denver is saying that they want Portis to be much more involved with the passing game.

Am I the only one that Is second guessing not taking Portis in 1.01 in the draft? And like I said, for me its between LT and Portis. LT is starting to bother me with the fact that he has made the headlines twice in 1 weeks time with injuries. True one was just being tired, and shouldnt be looked at, but i would much rather hear that LT looks like a Freight Truck running late with a shipment rather than hear he has a low tire in the rear and has to stop to fix the flat this weekend. . . . .hows that for apples and oranges? :banned:

in my defense, i wasnt the one saying comparing couches and oranges ----> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6574740 <----- I was more commenting on the fast that people are quite excited as to how Jake has plugged in over there, and if he really is doing that well, then it will only help Portis have a huge season, possibly better than LT just because of the durability factor, as well the fact that denver is saying that they want Portis to be much more involved with the passing game. Am I the only one that Is second guessing not taking Portis in 1.01 in the draft? And like I said, for me its between LT and Portis. LT is starting to bother me with the fact that he has made the headlines twice in 1 weeks time with injuries. True one was just being tired, and shouldnt be looked at, but i would much rather hear that LT looks like a Freight Truck running late with a shipment rather than hear he has a low tire in the rear and has to stop to fix the flat this weekend. . . . .hows that for apples and oranges? :banned:
Honey dew. Thats the money mellon. :boxing:

Lets brake it down.Top 5 PossibilitiesNot quite a Vetran! :confused: Established Vetran! :thumbup: Holmes - Last Year Repete? :thumbup: Repete of last year or year before? :confused: I'm leaning in the directio nof LT and Portis, and as my draft gets closer I'm leaning to Portis. I think denver is a better team that will lead games (running game at the end), but being in the first draft spot really put the spot light on you. I had Holmes last year, how could I repete again?
Dictionary? :thumbdown: GED? :thumbup:

Grid's smartass caps on illiterate posters. :thumbup: :rotflmao:
I'm sorry, I know it was wrong of me, but come on....veteran?repeat?direction of?at least he was consistent spelling word improperly.To answer his question though, I agree that LT has too many questions to be considered at the first pick now. It's between Ricky Williams, Clinton Portis and LT - throw a dart...The defenses in the AFC East got MUCH better in the offseason and Miami did LITTLE to improve their O-Line...LT has been carted off the field not once, but TWICE? WTF?Portis may have a new quarterback this year, but at least the guy is sober. ;)

LT caught 79 passes last year to Portis' 33. Of course, Portis didn't play, or start, in as many games as LT...This league awards 1 pt per reception. LT is clearly a bigger part of the bolts offense than Portis is in Denver, IMO anyway. I think it hinges on Plummer though. If he is not effective out there, defenses will feel more comfortable sticking more guys in the box to stop Portis. If he looks good, then it's only better for Portis. Plummer makes a lot of bad decisions, I don't know.. I think the safer pick is LT at this point. Next year? who knows. Then there's the Priest, who looks very good so far this preseason. He had sick numbers last year up til the injury. Decisions decisions. I agree with Grid Assassin about Williams and defenses getting better in the AFC east. Plus ricky won't catch near the amount of passes LT will. So in this league, Williams drops down a notch or two behind Portis, Holmes and LT.

:unsure:My fault, I'll make sure to read, and re-read all of my posts before posting them again. Forgot this was English 101. I'll admit they were stupid spelling errors, and believe it or not, I know how to spell, I just have some odd words when I'm typing. Thanks for pointing out my flaws. . .but give me some credit, name another monkee that can speak as well as I do. Now give me my banana and shut the hell up. On a football note. In a league with .2 pts per yard up to 100yards, and .3 after that, 5 per TD. Is Portis worth the risk, or stay with LT.How did I do Ms. Assassin? :boxing:

It's a bruised hell guys? Tomlinson is a workhorse, he'll be fine!!
Bruised HELL?!I mean...come on...Bruised heel is one thing...but to hear the guy is going through a bruised HELL...that's pretty freaking serious if you ask me...

:unsure:My fault, I'll make sure to read, and re-read all of my posts before posting them again. Forgot this was English 101. I'll admit they were stupid spelling errors, and believe it or not, I know how to spell, I just have some odd words when I'm typing. Thanks for pointing out my flaws. . .but give me some credit, name another monkee that can speak as well as I do. Now give me my banana and shut the hell up. On a football note. In a league with .2 pts per yard up to 100yards, and .3 after that, 5 per TD. Is Portis worth the risk, or stay with LT.How did I do Ms. Assassin? :boxing:
Glad to see you learned to type your posts in Word to utilize the spell check and then paste them into the Forum. Good Move!!! :thumbup:

Thursday’s News: LT returns By David Neville, Chargers.com 08.22.03 - The Chargers were able to breathe a quiet sigh of relief when Pro Bowl running back LaDainian Tomlinson returned to practice on Thursday, one day after leaving the field on a golf cart because of a bruised heel. “It was just sore today. It’s just a bruise on the bone, so it will be alright,” said Tomlinson. “It’s something I can fight through. If I had to play today, I could play in a game.”Even though he’s healthy enough to play in Saturday night’s third preseason game at Houston, Tomlinson probably won’t see any action.“I don’t know whether he’s going to play or not,” said Schottenheimer. “I don’t think so, but that decision was made before the situation yesterday. He’s fine.”In addition to Tomlinson, fellow running back Jesse Chatman returned to practice on Thursday. Chatman had not practiced since suffering a concussion against Arizona last Saturday night.

1. What is "Honey dew. That’s the money melon." :confused: 2. What "False" info would you referring to? :confused: 3. Cut and Paste + Word is the coolest. . . .with out it I may not be able to spell my own name. . .bite me. . .how’s that for spelling. :boxing: 4. I think I'm sticking with LT. But who do you think will be behind in more games. Chargers or Broncos?

From what I can see Stuntmonkee seems to have his info straight. The Elway comparison was in a few articles. In no way has Plummer played enough to be John Elway, but the reporters wrote it. A lot of the Denver players are impressed with his level of play so far. Shannon Sharpe sure seems to like him. Personally Stuntmonkee I see Portis having a huge year, even with a new qb. Denver's D is a little more proven than San Diegos. Meaning that LT may not run as much, but I wouldn't use that to sway your pick. LT is on a run first team and he is a tough rb. If Boston can be healthy he will help take men out of the block to defend against the pass. Good luck with your pick, u seem to be up on your info

You could debate that Priest Holmes and Portis could end up with better years than LT. What's the concern with Priest? Is it just the injury? If it wasn't would he be the consensus #1? I think so without a doubt. So ask yourself, how serious of an injury can it be when he didn't miss one single practice during training camp, and has so far played in every single Preseason game? If he was dinged just a little, don't you think the Chiefs would hold back Holmes? It's simply wrong to compare his hip injury to Bo Jackson. This has been covered ad nauseum I believe.I have the 2nd pick in a 12 team redraft league, 6 pt TD's with bonus pts for TD's over 40 yards. No receiving bonuses, just the traditional pt. per 10 yards. I am right now going in with Portis/Holmes neck and neck, and LT just behind them. I believe Ricky will be drafted first in our draft.

1. What is "Honey dew. That’s the money melon." :confused: 2. What "False" info would you referring to? :confused: 3. Cut and Paste + Word is the coolest. . . .with out it I may not be able to spell my own name. . .bite me. . .how’s that for spelling. :boxing: 4. I think I'm sticking with LT. But who do you think will be behind in more games. Chargers or Broncos?
The honey Dew reference is a quote taken from Krusty (the Clown). Wanted to see if any Simpons fans caught on -- apparently not!

From what I can see Stuntmonkee seems to have his info straight. The Elway comparison was in a few articles. In no way has Plummer played enough to be John Elway, but the reporters wrote it. A lot of the Denver players are impressed with his level of play so far. Shannon Sharpe sure seems to like him. Personally Stuntmonkee I see Portis having a huge year, even with a new qb. Denver's D is a little more proven than San Diegos. Meaning that LT may not run as much, but I wouldn't use that to sway your pick. LT is on a run first team and he is a tough rb. If Boston can be healthy he will help take men out of the block to defend against the pass. Good luck with your pick, u seem to be up on your info
Good one stunt monkee. Create an alias to agree with yourself.

Dannyboy u are also correct with the Priest Holmes idea. Those picks you are looking into sound great. Portis and Holmes could quite possibly have better years than LT. We really won't know until it happens. It is amazing how the Bo Jackson Surgery rumor has blown up so big when Holmes surgery was far from the same. The only reason he had to stay off that leg for awhile was becuase of the surgery affecting the muscle. There was no dislocation of the hip like Bo Jackson. Holmes will be fine, and pending his contract issue will be a top back again this year. How can u discredit a guy who lead his team in receptions while running all over the NFL last year in 14 games with his TD totals so high. He has done it 2 years in a row now, proving his worth to his team and to fantasy owners. Some people fail to take in everyday life with their players too. Holmes trains hard and is ready to prove he can still do it. He flys back to Texas after every game to take his son to school and visit with him on his day off. The rest of the time his son lives with an ex college g/f of his. He is a dedicated father, who had custody of his boy until he realized it was better fitting for his son to live with mom because the NFL takes a lot of his time. The guy is trying to prove his worth to make some money also, he has never made millions, now he is worth it and is out to prove he is still worth it. U don't see him off getting arrested either. The whole daily life factor in fantasy players can work out sometimes. Randy Moss for instance is a punk who wines...does he do well, hell yes, but those bad attitudes can kill the team sometimes...resulting in bad fantasy numbers.

3. Cut and Paste + Word is the coolest. . . .with out it I may not be able to spell my own name. . .bite me. . .how’s that for spelling. :boxing:
Clever come back. Did you thank that up all by yourself or do you have a team of monkeys in the back figuring these things out for you?The spellcheck in MS-Word might be able to help your spelling, but it can't teach you to think, can it?Oh, and, "how's that for spelling," is a question and should end in a question mark. You must have an old version of Word otherwise it would've picked that up too for you.BTW, you might want to post on a few more threads with that alias you created (numbnuts is the name I believe you uses or should've used) before jumping into this one with support for your position so quickly....

Thursday’s News: LT returns By David Neville, Chargers.com 08.22.03 - The Chargers were able to breathe a quiet sigh of relief when Pro Bowl running back LaDainian Tomlinson returned to practice on Thursday, one day after leaving the field on a golf cart because of a bruised heel. “It was just sore today. It’s just a bruise on the bone, so it will be alright,” said Tomlinson. “It’s something I can fight through. If I had to play today, I could play in a game.”Even though he’s healthy enough to play in Saturday night’s third preseason game at Houston, Tomlinson probably won’t see any action.“I don’t know whether he’s going to play or not,” said Schottenheimer. “I don’t think so, but that decision was made before the situation yesterday. He’s fine.”In addition to Tomlinson, fellow running back Jesse Chatman returned to practice on Thursday. Chatman had not practiced since suffering a concussion against Arizona last Saturday night.
Sigh.... :thumbup: Although, "bone bruise" hasn't been such a good thing lately. However, Taylor's bone bruise was on his knee, which is surrounded by a lot more soft tissue and ligamentous structure. My question is, how the heck do you get a bruised heel? Get this guy some padding.

What the F are you talkin about? Yes I did "Thank" that up all myself. And I think I can handle my own with out creating an extra name. Not to mention, why would I support myself with a fake name, if the facts I'm using are true. Whats next, you goin to tell me the link to the news paper I posted is made up too? Or maybe I have my own newspaper, yeah, that's it! And did you really take the time to search the forums for posts by thrownutz. So sorry if your getting upset about the fact that I'm here to talk Fantasy Football strategies, and your here to pick on lame spelling typos.I'm not the one that knocked the books out of your hands in the hallways of high school, don't take it out on me.So why don't some of you try say something intelligent that is football related instead of worrying about what grades we all got in English. Congrats, you got an A, I got a D. . . anything else. . . .want to talk about algebra now or somethin. . . .I'm taking LT. . . .enough said. . . . :wall:

What the F are you talkin about? Yes I did "Thank" that up all myself. And I think I can handle my own with out creating an extra name. Not to mention, why would I support myself with a fake name, if the facts I'm using are true. Whats next, you goin to tell me the link to the news paper I posted is made up too? Or maybe I have my own newspaper, yeah, that's it! And did you really take the time to search the forums for posts by thrownutz. So sorry if your getting upset about the fact that I'm here to talk Fantasy Football strategies, and your here to pick on lame spelling typos.I'm not the one that knocked the books out of your hands in the hallways of high school, don't take it out on me.So why don't some of you try say something intelligent that is football related instead of worrying about what grades we all got in English. Congrats, you got an A, I got a D. . . anything else. . . .want to talk about algebra now or somethin. . . .I'm taking LT. . . .enough said. . . . :wall:
Jeez chill out. You obviously do not realize the sarcastic "tone" of this board. There's always alot of pickin on people goin on and its mostly done in good fun. (BTW I still think you created an alias to agree with yourself) :ph34r:

Hey fanatic do u know anything about football or do u just talk about spelling errors? I just was trying to join in on the convo and all u do is attack. This here "numbnuts" is my own user name and I'm not the stuntmonkee. I'm quite knowledgable about football. This thing started out about LT and whether he was a risk with an uncertain achilles/heel injury and whether Portis being less "weathered" might be a better choice. LT, Holmes, Portis, Faulk, Williams, and so on, are all stellar backs who could do any number of things this year on the field. If u can't get that through your head "crack-atic" then ur crazy. I'm beginning to wonder why u assume that i'm also the stuntmonkee because we have some of the same views. I supported another user who mentioned Holmes as a possible top pick and the "monkee" didn't, does that give me the same identity? Everything the monkee has stated so far is off of the news bloggers right on this very own site that has this forum posted. I've been doing ff for probably 6 years now and I've done a pretty good job with my teams barring injuries. The monkee's opinions aren't much different than most of your knowledgable ff owners. Wake up there "A" student and just state your own opinions about football and leave the high school games behind ya idiot. :boxing:

Isn't if funny how these forums end up pissing someone off. lol. I just want to talk football, and if these forums are here to pick on someone for asking a question then why have them. They do nothing but waste your time, oh well. And this is my own alias, username, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread