What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Damn man! That's insane. Some killer shows in there. Always wanted to hit a bridge school show. 

Sadly I never really got big into the posters until fairly recently. My gem is a Hatch Show Print from the EV Solo 2 Night Stand at the Ryman Theater.

Actually got it signed "To Matt: Eddie Vedder". A buddy's family helped fund the Orpheum in Memphis, where Ed was playing 2 nights after the Ryman shows. He offered to put something backstage for me. I was torn between the Hatch Print and my 1991 Let Me Sleep Vinyl. Buddy said just leave both.

I attached a short note to the Hatch saying  I had just caught both shows at the Ryman and was excited to see "what rabbits you pull out of your hat tonight". He personalized the poster to me which was pretty rad IMO. The LMS vinyl was nerve wracking to leave, but is now perhaps my "prize possession". 

Worst part: my buddy left a guitar backstage and Ed didn't sign it, despite signing both my items. He didn't know Ed hates signing guitars because they always end up sold. 
Killer!  I have all the singles as well.  I met Jeff in 1992 at Wild Planet records.  He was cruising the bootleg section and I didn't even know who it was as I was busy scanning the bootlegs as well.  I saw who it was and said that I hope you guys sound better than these ####ty bootlegs.  LOL..  we chatted a bit.  Ed has called me twice in 1996/97 thus the tickets for the secret show.  We met on AOL PJ message board.  Crazy i know...  Stone I met before a Brad show in SF.  Dave A i met with a friend at a drum clinic and they went to dinner. 

Post a pic of the LMS single! 

Also the Harmony picture from the Yield booklet is 2 mins from my house... we stopped by there just after it was released and there was 5 signatures in the dust on the sign.  I should have ran it over with my truck and stole it!

PJ Yield HARMONY pic

Updated picture

Not sure if I like the new song because it is a new PJ song, or if it is just a good song..  trying to take the PJ glasses off..

Within hours of DoTC debuting there has been at least two Learn How to Play videos, and then i found this:

A Brazilian band covering the new single.  They do a good job with it and I think it shows how well this song will come across live.

Black Circle covering Dance of the Clairvoyants
Holy #### that's a fantastic cover. That dude's voice is balls on analog of Ed :eek:  

More buzz: 

Rolling Stone:  "Seriously, You've got to hear this new Pearl Jam Song" 

I pay $40 a year. You have a discount code?

And I didnt get tickets. 
$20 Digital / $40 Analog

I think Analog included the single (ended) and the shirt. 

Sorry ya didn't get tickets, but they were just dipping their toe in the water with only 2 shows a in the Populous Northeast, so those shows were highest demand.

It goes without saying there will be several shows in that area on the fall tour, and I'm confident you'll get tickets then, GB. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer!  I have all the singles as well.  I met Jeff in 1992 at Wild Planet records.  He was cruising the bootleg section and I didn't even know who it was as I was busy scanning the bootlegs as well.  I saw who it was and said that I hope you guys sound better than these ####ty bootlegs.  LOL..  we chatted a bit.  Ed has called me twice in 1996/97 thus the tickets for the secret show.  We met on AOL PJ message board.  Crazy i know...  Stone I met before a Brad show in SF.  Dave A i met with a friend at a drum clinic and they went to dinner. 

Also the Harmony picture from the Yield booklet is 2 mins from my house... we stopped by there just after it was released and there was 5 signatures in the dust on the sign.  I should have ran it over with my truck and stole it!

PJ Yield HARMONY pic

Updated picture
That's nuts about All the encounters. Never met any of them. Heard nothing but "good dudes" comments though.

My buddy Rodd Bland (son of Bobby Blue Bland) is buddies with Matt Cameron (Matt calls him out during his Ice bucket challenge), but I've never met Matt. 

Funny you mention AOL. I used to run a PJ 'Zine called ramblings off Prodigy in the very early 90s. Focused on bootleg trading, consolidating media coverage, guitar tabs, and had some original content. Once the quarterly issues got to 40-50 pages with circulation in the hundreds it broke my buddy's dad's copy machine and we stopped it. 

Here's the LMS single and Ryman print. Reminds me I need to order a Frame and Mat for that. Gonna do that now. 😂

@JZilla

Hi GB I'm going to try and get tickets for Oakland when they go on sale Friday, you around during their upcoming shows?
How did you do?  I got tix through Ten Club, just for Saturday, but haven't found out where they are yet

I just did a 10AM ticket grab myself, for Sleaford Mods 4/23 at GAMH.. join us..

PJ Yield HARMONY pic

Updated picture
whoa, seriously?  Gotta hear the story here.  I remember being on the PJ boards on prodigy in late 91-92.  Was a super tight knit community.  

Do we know if they'll still be releasing "bootlegs" for sale right/soon after every show?  Assuming yes.. hope so..

I'm not crazy about the new song but it's at least interesting. The Men have a new single too, it's a similarly unexpected style, but I like it more.  

Section 221 row L in Phoenix 

My wife had a change of heart and did it for me. She says there was an option to print tickets. I thought all of this was to prevent scalping? How does that work if I can print them?
I'm in 121 row H via fan verified. I also have two 10c tickets coming so may move closer. Will sell the worst pair to a friend for his group. Only my 2nd PJ show. Was also in 121 but row L in 2013. Can't wait!

I'm in 121 row H via fan verified. I also have two 10c tickets coming so may move closer. Will sell the worst pair to a friend for his group. Only my 2nd PJ show. Was also in 121 but row L in 2013. Can't wait!
Wow that is awesome!!!!! I am jealous, wonder how hard my wife tried now? My seats are pretty bad but at least I am in the building. 

Wow that is awesome!!!!! I am jealous, wonder how hard my wife tried now? My seats are pretty bad but at least I am in the building. 
They did go pretty fast. I think I was a little lucky to get in pretty quickly, select, and checkout. I was done in like 5 minutes or so once in. There were 400 people ahead of me in the queue and that went quickly. Looks like 10club had alot of the best seats. Will be interesting to see what 10club seats I get. Only been a member for 4-5 years and seat selection (after you win the lottery for a spot) is based on seniority. If I'm in a section closer to the stage but upper level I think I'll stay where I'm at further back but lower level.

whoa, seriously?  Gotta hear the story here.  I remember being on the PJ boards on prodigy in late 91-92.  Was a super tight knit community.  
I never did the prodigy thing but the AOL group was probably just as super tight as you describe.  Met a lot of good people there, and some crazzzzyyy MFers as well.  One day is was cruising the messages and I saw one that caught my eye and it was in the style of how Ed speaks, and how he typed out lyrics (most like the in Vitalogy booklet).  I took a chance and reached out, we exhanged a few IM's.  I was skeptical of course, this was in 1996 afterall.  He asked to get my number and call me and initially i said Nope I don;t know who you are for sure.  Then I said for him to call my work and we can conference call and that was agreeable to him.  Hurriedly I called my manager on duty and said to CLEAR THE LINES, Eddie Vedder might be calling for me and I got the Oh Sure response and then I heard the other line ring and told her to grab it before anyone else got it.  She connected us on the conference call and all I needed to hear was the voice and sure enough it was him.  I gave him my home number at that point and he called and we talked for a few minutes.  My brother ran to an extension phone and recorded the call.  I'll need to look that up and see if i still have it!  we talked more over the course of the year.  He sent me some incomplete lyrics about chopping wood and I said that was fuel to burn.  Did that remain with him to become part of BreakerFall?  I don't know.. but I like to think so..   Then we stopped chatting as he wasn't on AOL much and they were recording Yield at the time.  Then in November, about the 5th i'd say as it was a week before the show n Santa Cruz and the opening slot for the 4 nights in Oakland for the Rolling Stones, my manager takes a phone call.  We are both at the front counter and I am selling tickets on TicketMaster and she asks who is calling and then she tells me to take the call as it is Eddie Vedder!  I tell her to put it on hold for a sec, collect my cool, and we talk some more and he says he has 13 tickets for me and 12 friends for Santa Cruz.  I told he that we surmised it was either going to be in Sacramento or Santa Cruz due to the 75 mile blackout rule that I heard about.  I quickly assign all but one of the tickets to friends and we are excited for the week coming up.  We get to the show and there is a madhouse of people.  I meet up with some early birds from my group and we just hang out.  I run around back where i find Eric Johnson the tour manager and yell at him to confirm my guest list.  My wife was VERY SKEPTICAL of this whole thing and I was going to be made a fool and be embarrassed.   He asks my name and how many and I said, Dirty Frank (that was my AOL name :cringe:  i actually gave my real name) and plus 12.  he started laughing.. HARD and says nice try.  Before he finished those words his face drops dead and says yea you are good.  How did you get this?  I told him to talk to his boy Ed.  I ended up giving that extra ticket to a local SC college kid who missed out.  he was stoked to say the least.  

that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

They did go pretty fast. I think I was a little lucky to get in pretty quickly, select, and checkout. I was done in like 5 minutes or so once in. There were 400 people ahead of me in the queue and that went quickly. Looks like 10club had alot of the best seats. Will be interesting to see what 10club seats I get. Only been a member for 4-5 years and seat selection (after you win the lottery for a spot) is based on seniority. If I'm in a section closer to the stage but upper level I think I'll stay where I'm at further back but lower level.
I think my wife said there were 2000 in front of her but it moved pretty quick. If you only had 400 you did som6right.

No ####? Yeah I don't remember my username offhand but I was really active on there. Small ### world. 

I still have A folder of stuff from the last issue I put together. Heard rumors back in the day that copies were being bootlegged and sold at some skate shop in cali :lol:  

Do we know if they'll still be releasing "bootlegs" for sale right/soon after every show?  Assuming yes.. hope so..

I'm not crazy about the new song but it's at least interesting. The Men have a new single too, it's a similarly unexpected style, but I like it more.  
I see no reason they'd stop now. :)  

My friend was in even quicker. He had just a hand full and was in.
I logged in at 8:30. At 10:00 when it went live tgere were 20,000 people in front of me. 

Pretty sure the two worst things about living in NY is the snow and ticketmaster odds for PJ

My last resort is waiting until the day of show and hoping stubhub prices come down. 

I never did the prodigy thing but the AOL group was probably just as super tight as you describe.  Met a lot of good people there, and some crazzzzyyy MFers as well.  One day is was cruising the messages and I saw one that caught my eye and it was in the style of how Ed speaks, and how he typed out lyrics (most like the in Vitalogy booklet).  I took a chance and reached out, we exhanged a few IM's.  I was skeptical of course, this was in 1996 afterall.  He asked to get my number and call me and initially i said Nope I don;t know who you are for sure.  Then I said for him to call my work and we can conference call and that was agreeable to him.  Hurriedly I called my manager on duty and said to CLEAR THE LINES, Eddie Vedder might be calling for me and I got the Oh Sure response and then I heard the other line ring and told her to grab it before anyone else got it.  She connected us on the conference call and all I needed to hear was the voice and sure enough it was him.  I gave him my home number at that point and he called and we talked for a few minutes.  My brother ran to an extension phone and recorded the call.  I'll need to look that up and see if i still have it!  we talked more over the course of the year.  He sent me some incomplete lyrics about chopping wood and I said that was fuel to burn.  Did that remain with him to become part of BreakerFall?  I don't know.. but I like to think so..   Then we stopped chatting as he wasn't on AOL much and they were recording Yield at the time.  Then in November, about the 5th i'd say as it was a week before the show n Santa Cruz and the opening slot for the 4 nights in Oakland for the Rolling Stones, my manager takes a phone call.  We are both at the front counter and I am selling tickets on TicketMaster and she asks who is calling and then she tells me to take the call as it is Eddie Vedder!  I tell her to put it on hold for a sec, collect my cool, and we talk some more and he says he has 13 tickets for me and 12 friends for Santa Cruz.  I told he that we surmised it was either going to be in Sacramento or Santa Cruz due to the 75 mile blackout rule that I heard about.  I quickly assign all but one of the tickets to friends and we are excited for the week coming up.  We get to the show and there is a madhouse of people.  I meet up with some early birds from my group and we just hang out.  I run around back where i find Eric Johnson the tour manager and yell at him to confirm my guest list.  My wife was VERY SKEPTICAL of this whole thing and I was going to be made a fool and be embarrassed.   He asks my name and how many and I said, Dirty Frank (that was my AOL name :cringe:  i actually gave my real name) and plus 12.  he started laughing.. HARD and says nice try.  Before he finished those words his face drops dead and says yea you are good.  How did you get this?  I told him to talk to his boy Ed.  I ended up giving that extra ticket to a local SC college kid who missed out.  he was stoked to say the least.  

that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 
awesome

No ####? Yeah I don't remember my username offhand but I was really active on there. Small ### world. 

I still have A folder of stuff from the last issue I put together. Heard rumors back in the day that copies were being bootlegged and sold at some skate shop in cali :lol:  
yep, I still remember a lot

I logged in at 8:30. At 10:00 when it went live tgere were 20,000 people in front of me. 

Pretty sure the two worst things about living in NY is the snow and ticketmaster odds for PJ

My last resort is waiting until the day of show and hoping stubhub prices come down. 
Pretty confident you'll get several shows to shoot for in the fall GB. 

Current Status: If you were confirmed for a show, Ticketstoday will email you instructions on how to view your tickets on the afternoon of Friday, January 31st.

Not sure if I like the new song because it is a new PJ song, or if it is just a good song..  trying to take the PJ glasses off..
I was on the fence after first couple listens, but more and more I’m *really* digging it.  Great groove.  Clever, thoughtful lyrics, as always.

I was on the fence after first couple listens, but more and more I’m *really* digging it.  Great groove.  Clever, thoughtful lyrics, as always.
Agreed.  Really started to enjoy the groove.  It still doesn't "sound like" Pearl Jam to me, but that's fine.  While I wish more of their new stuff sounded like their earlier stuff, I can recognize they are growing and developing as artists, so everything won't be a grunge throwback.

:lol:  I hear ya. The GF is only coming to Ottawa and Quebec City on this tour. Have buddies joining for Nashville and St Louis so more guy-centric trips. My buddy joining in STL is a huge Cards fan so we may hit that 1:15 game with some cheap tix if the weather looks good. 

This tour will be shows 20/21/22/23 for me (counting 4 EV solo shows). A good assortment (10 Cities across 7 states) but these will be my first international shows. There are some fans with 5x or more as many shows as me. :eek:  

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18

2020 Shows: Ottawa '20 / Quebec City '20 / Nashville '20 / St Louis '20
youre my hero

youre my hero
:lol:  naw man, the way you went to down on the um..candy... before N1 last year made you MY hero :wub:  

GF did ask if you were going to be at any of the shows this go around. You're nothing if not memorable :D  

New song is badass 

Live take by Brazilian dudes made upside better

new video is badass too! 

cmon Friday... no whammies

:lol:  naw man, the way you went to down on the um..candy... before N1 last year made you MY hero :wub:  

GF did ask if you were going to be at any of the shows this go around. You're nothing if not memorable :D  
LOL

Still trying to talk my wife into STL

I'll let you know

Within hours of DoTC debuting there has been at least two Learn How to Play videos, and then i found this:

A Brazilian band covering the new single.  They do a good job with it and I think it shows how well this song will come across live.

Black Circle covering Dance of the Clairvoyants
Mccready tweeted to these guys that their cover was impressive. 

Imagine Being a cover band and the band you cover acknowledges you in a positive way. 

Its like Steel Dragon making the cover band singer their singer. 

Mccready tweeted to these guys that their cover was impressive. 

Imagine Being a cover band and the band you cover acknowledges you in a positive way. 

Its like Steel Dragon making the cover band singer their singer. 
Then Pearl Jam re-tweeted  McCready's tweet.

They just hit the PR lottery :banned:  

Seats are dropping now! 

Ottawa: GA/PIT 🤘🏼
Quebec City: 121 Row A  - (front row risers next to pit! Possibly best reserved spot in the house) 🤘🏼 

St Louis: GA/PIT! 🤘🏼
Nashville: FLOOR! Sec 6 Row 14

Never seen them. Must see? Bucket list? Coming to LA?
Yep! 2 nights in LA. Sold out already and transfer of tickets is next to impossible. 

One of the best live acts going today. Incredible energy. 3+ hour shows with completely different set-lists every night that morph with the crowds energy. Usually GREAT crowd energy/participation.  

if you've never seen them and are a fan, you need to try to find tickets. 

I cant believe there are adults who like the pit. I will pay double to have seats and not stand the whole show AND not see anything. To each their own

I cant believe there are adults who like the pit. I will pay double to have seats and not stand the whole show AND not see anything. To each their own
Never been in the pit, but put in for it just to try it.  I would not stand in line to get close, but having the freedom of movement near the back would have been good with me.  Main floor near the stage with seats were good seats in the old days.  I'm getting up there but typically don't sit down at all for a concert unless it is something my wife brings me to.

I'm like to belt everything out loud, so pit it best place for me b/c I know I won't piss anyone off.  Seats would probably be ok for that too, but you never know

I'm like to belt everything out loud, so pit it best place for me b/c I know I won't piss anyone off.  Seats would probably be ok for that too, but you never know
:hifive:

Same here.  I generally don't care if I'm bothering the people around me because I've lost my voice three songs in.

I guess it really depends. I'm 6' and generally wear shoes/boots with a good 1.5"  sole for shows I know I'm in GA. At that level generally have decent view.

Plus if you're down close the elevation of the stage puts them up high enough you're kinda looking up a bit vs straight. 

Finally, the only area of the pit that's jammed in is usually the front 1/2 in front of the band. If you're in the back 1/2 or off to the sides you generally have a ton of space, can come and go freely, and have unimpeded sight lines. My Gf is 5'3", doesn't like cramped quarters, and enjoyed it..  could see great too. Bonus: No need to line up early outside, either. 👍

Ill be standing/dancing all show anyway.... might as well be close! As an added bonus, there's definitely an energy in the crowd down in GA that's not USUALLY found up in reserved seatings (though I've had some good neighbors over the years). 

Only requested two tix to Oakland N1 best available.   I got 102, row 14.  Pretty happy with that.  I'm going to stay with my friend who lives in Oakland.  I had him join 10 Club the night before they announced tour dates.  He got pit.

SD: Sec Q R11

LA1 Sec 125 R12

LA2 Sec 112 R11

Oak1 Sec 116 R5

Oak2 Sec 127 R7

Member #71,xxx

all very similar seats to what i have had in the past. Although ToTD LA was front row..

Inhiding said:
SD: Sec Q R11

LA1 Sec 125 R12

LA2 Sec 112 R11

Oak1 Sec 116 R5

Oak2 Sec 127 R7

Member #71,xxx

all very similar seats to what i have had in the past. Although ToTD LA was front row..
Damn thats one hell of a run 🤘🏼

Do you intentionally avoid GA or did you just get really "unlucky"

Damn thats one hell of a run 🤘🏼

Do you intentionally avoid GA or did you just get really "unlucky"
I put in for Best Available on the second nights of LA/Oak.  So in that regard i got unlucky but I am also 50 so the pit would have been work for me.  LOL...  I have been in these seats for 3 shows now and they are just fine for me. 

Poster swap??

I put in for Best Available on the second nights of LA/Oak.  So in that regard i got unlucky but I am also 50 so the pit would have been work for me.  LOL...  I have been in these seats for 3 shows now and they are just fine for me. 

Poster swap??
Makes sense. I'm 43 and I'm already the type to hang more mid to back of the pit. 

On posters, hell yeah. If I'm lucky enough to get multiples, fo sho! My shows are before yours so I'll keep ya posted.

Ended up with section 111 row Q seats via 10 club. Opposite side of arena about 26 seats closer to the stage but 9 rows higher up. Thinking I'm going to go with these instead but not sure. I liked the idea of being lower. See linked pic of poor quality. Seats are marked in red.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XATr7NrgD3sHrnUL6

Users who are viewing this thread