What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (4 Viewers)

listened about 4x now.  I'm digging it...initial thoughts (likely to change)

-Last 3 strongs are really strong

-I like the sequencing of the first 4 songs....really flowed well to me

-The beginning of 'Alright' sounds like one of two things (1) Those rock and roll lullaby songs where they take a rock song and play it on a xylophone for babies (2) The intro music for a serial podcast

-I think all of these are really going to shine live...way more so than lightening bolt did (outside of a few songs)

Listened through the first time.  The rock songs all really grabbed me, and will be great to play loudly in the car.  The others....need to grow on me.

Who Ever Said:  Words: Eddie Vedder  Music: Eddie Vedder

Superblood Wolfmoon: Words: Eddie Vedder, Music: Eddie Vedder

Dance of the Clairvoyants: Words: Eddie Vedder, Music: Jeff Ament, Matt Cameron, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Eddie Vedder

Quick Escape: Words: Eddie Vedder, Music: Jeff Ament

Alright: Words: Jeff Ament, Music: Jeff Ament

Seven O’clock: Words: Eddie Vedder, Music: Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Eddie Vedder

Never Destination: Words: Eddie Vedder, Music: Eddie Vedder

Take The Long Way: Words: Matt Cameron, Music: Matt Cameron

Buckle Up: Words: Stone Gossard, Music: Stone Gossard

Comes Then Goes: Words: Eddie Vedder, Music: Eddie Vedder

Retrograde: Words: Eddie Vedder, Music: Mike McCready

River Cross: Words: Eddie Vedder,  Music: Eddie Vedder

I had not paid attention to the writing credits on Gigaton but tried to guess who wrote what.  I must say that I was way off on some of my guesses.  Comes Then Goes i thought was a music by McCredy.  Nice guitar playing by Ed right there...  I knew Buckle Up was a Gossard song through and though.  Its also my least favorite on the first few listens.  I don't skip it but can't wait for it to be over.  7 O Clock sounds like a full band composition and I was right..   I really dig retrograde a lot, seems like they got back to using Eds voice in different ways we havent heard in a long time...

Any guesses on what song(s) from Gigaton will be openers for concerts?  I see Allright, or Retrograde filling that role... 

Any guesses on what song(s) from Gigaton will be openers for concerts?  I see Allright, or Retrograde filling that role... 

When Dance of the Clairvoyants first came out, my immediate thought was that it will be a really good concert opener.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill reserve my judgement for a 2nd listening. But ill say this

I have zero desire to ever listen to it again outside of dance of clairvoyance 

Think it's pretty good. Certainly better than LB. About on par with Backspacer for me. And not as great as Pearl Jam was. 

Front side rockers are better than the ballads for me. 

I need to listen again, and probably again.  I think Seven O'Clock stood out as my favorite and I think Buckle Up was my least favorite (although there may have been another).  Definitely some good rockers in there I just have to sort through them.  Ament stood out on some tracks and also Matt.  

Three listens and I am really liking it.  Comes then goes is a standout for me but I think its all good. Only one tune I don't really care for - Take the Long Way 

Three listens and I am really liking it.  Comes then goes is a standout for me but I think its all good. Only one tune I don't really care for - Take the Long Way 
I like Take the Long Way, having a hard time with Buckle Up... and i don't know why.. 

Ill reserve my judgement for a 2nd listening. But ill say this

I have zero desire to ever listen to it again outside of dance of clairvoyance 
Listened to the first 4 songs again

Liked it better the 2nd time. Maybe it was my mood. Ill listen to some more later. 

Listening to the album on repeat while putting down new flooring in the kids' bathroom.  Those first 4 songs are  a fantastic 1-2-3-4 punch off the bat.  Some really good ones after that too.  Definitely digging it overall, think it's fantastic. 

When I first heard DotC I couldn't wrap my heard around it. Now I play it constantly.  Even my kids are liking it. 

Skipdog77 said:
Listening to the album on repeat while putting down new flooring in the kids' bathroom.  Those first 4 songs are  a fantastic 1-2-3-4 punch off the bat.  Some really good ones after that too.  Definitely digging it overall, think it's fantastic. 

When I first heard DotC I couldn't wrap my heard around it. Now I play it constantly.  Even my kids are liking it. 
I did the same while cleaning the garage. Liking it a lot.

Inhiding said:
Black Circle, a PJ cover band from Brazil, is doing a Gigaton release show.  March 28th 7pm EST live on youtube... 
Where are you seeing this, any links on how to watch?  

Brazilian Pearl Jam cover band "Black circle" playing life on Canal Riff channel on YouTube. 

They're damn good if you're not familiar. 

So should we start looking at refunds or are people holding on to these tickets. I feel like this is all going to be cancelled. I am also not sure I trust ticket master. I would not be surprised if I cant get a refund.

So should we start looking at refunds or are people holding on to these tickets. I feel like this is all going to be cancelled. I am also not sure I trust ticket master. I would not be surprised if I cant get a refund.
I’m holding. I trust them. Foo Fighters already rescheduled for December.

I'm holding as well. ~$1k in 4 shows. Great seats. I'm Faithful 
They'll give refunds once they announce the reschedule to anyone who can't make it to the new dates.  That's usually what they do anyways.  Although the tour likely won't be rescheduled until next fall.

They'll give refunds once they announce the reschedule to anyone who can't make it to the new dates.  That's usually what they do anyways.  Although the tour likely won't be rescheduled until next fall.
Yep. I'm holding though. Seats are awesome and as of yet I don't "need" the money. (Knocks on wood). 

Of course if we lose our job(s) somehow then the $3-4K in travel costs for hotel/air/train/food/beverage for 4 shows (2 international) would likely become less palatable. 

I'm MOST worried about them moving dates around to where there is a bad gap between Ottawa and Quebec City... we can't fly up and back twice, but would also rather not burn a ton of vacation for the trip. As it stood it was perfect... over a weekend where we only burned 3 days. 

Nashville and St Louis can both be overnight trips so not as much worry there, though it was nice with a travel day between them and one show being on a weekend. 

It really was a perfect setup... but, life happens. It'll all work out. 

Deamon said:
How awesome was it to have Present Tense wind up The Last Dance?  Wonder how that got on there and if Dennis had any say in that.
That lead to something totally awesome.

We watched The Last Dance as a family (me, wife, 16yo and 18yo boys).  The next day, my 16 year old casually says, "are all of Pearl Jams songs like 8 minutes long?"  I told him no, but some of the older stuff was like that.  I then ask why, and he tells me he liked Present Tense, so he looked up some of their popular songs on Spotify.  I was beaming with pride.

I asked him what he liked about it, and he admitted it was probably just good music for that point in the documentary, and that it captured the mood.  But, he said, he liked the guitar and that he likes guitar in songs (not much guitar in pop music these days).  He liked that it was mellow, he thought all Pearl Jam stuff was rockers.  So, I made him a Spotify playlist with all their mellow stuff.  At the end of it, I threw in Superblood Wolfmoon, because we randomly talked about a Superblood Wolfmoon a couple of weeks ago.  

He said he liked most of the songs, though they did all sound similar after a while (I warned him of that having a bunch of songs of such similarity).  And the best thing was he did like Superblood Wolfmoon too, so I added some others to his list and let him know a Pearl Jam concert would be a great first concert for him.  I don't think he bought that though. 

:thumbup:

That lead to something totally awesome.

We watched The Last Dance as a family (me, wife, 16yo and 18yo boys).  The next day, my 16 year old casually says, "are all of Pearl Jams songs like 8 minutes long?"  I told him no, but some of the older stuff was like that.  I then ask why, and he tells me he liked Present Tense, so he looked up some of their popular songs on Spotify.  I was beaming with pride.

I asked him what he liked about it, and he admitted it was probably just good music for that point in the documentary, and that it captured the mood.  But, he said, he liked the guitar and that he likes guitar in songs (not much guitar in pop music these days).  He liked that it was mellow, he thought all Pearl Jam stuff was rockers.  So, I made him a Spotify playlist with all their mellow stuff.  At the end of it, I threw in Superblood Wolfmoon, because we randomly talked about a Superblood Wolfmoon a couple of weeks ago.  

He said he liked most of the songs, though they did all sound similar after a while (I warned him of that having a bunch of songs of such similarity).  And the best thing was he did like Superblood Wolfmoon too, so I added some others to his list and let him know a Pearl Jam concert would be a great first concert for him.  I don't think he bought that though. 

:thumbup:
Cool story.  I love to hear when the younger generation gets into them and it surprises me to this day that so many teens haven't even heard of them.  Superblood is by far my least favourite song on the album though so I don't love that choice to get a new fan into them. 

Cool story.  I love to hear when the younger generation gets into them and it surprises me to this day that so many teens haven't even heard of them.  Superblood is by far my least favourite song on the album though so I don't love that choice to get a new fan into them. 
Thanks, but for the record it is one of my favorites.

That's the great thing about PJ's catalogue.  Ask three different fans for their top ten songs, and you might get thirty unique songs listed.  They have so much variety people can like them for different styles.

I don't really trust ticket master. I get what Pearl Jam was trying to do regarding scalping but I would feel a lot better with an actual paper ticket. I always have trouble signing into ticket master and seem to always have to make a new password. I have not checked recently but I would not be surprised to find those tickets are now unattainable. 

* I am hoping for the best

Users who are viewing this thread