What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Listening to Stone break down every track on Gigaton is really cool.  There's no doubt in my mind that my appreciation for this album will magnify once I hear it live.  Seven O'Clock, River Cross, Comes Than Goes and Retrograde are just phenomenal in my opinion.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/79ff2e101acc60029de6d88d45d21b5020200610164826/3d3700?fbclid=IwAR1hjPMDlymkY0mZ80gAPAO0yZjSDiqVshonROCb9xFOX9UPaTDhQPC_kak
A snipet was posted to their instagram feed, and it was exciting to hear Stone's comments that he felt they were just "scratching the surface" of their creativity.  Certainly a different tone to the release than some of them that feel like the last track is saying good-bye.

Listening to Stone break down every track on Gigaton is really cool.  There's no doubt in my mind that my appreciation for this album will magnify once I hear it live.  Seven O'Clock, River Cross, Comes Than Goes and Retrograde are just phenomenal in my opinion.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/79ff2e101acc60029de6d88d45d21b5020200610164826/3d3700?fbclid=IwAR1hjPMDlymkY0mZ80gAPAO0yZjSDiqVshonROCb9xFOX9UPaTDhQPC_kak
Looking forward to watching this later. I really like this album, I have it on a pretty regular rotation. I am ready to see some of it live.

The Howard Stern interview of Eddie was excellent. If you subscribe to Sirius XM, you can listen to it on demand via the app. They talked for three-plus hours. I've been listening to Stern for 25 years and can't recall another interview this long or this in-depth. (The back story was that PJ was supposed to play the Apollo in NYC and then the band was going to sit for an interview in Stern's studio, but Covid hit and everything was canceled.). Even though the interview was done remotely, you couldn't tell. I've been a PJ fan since 1991 and there was plenty of stuff I learned, including that, as a heterosexual man, I might be in love with Eddie Vedder. 

The Howard Stern interview of Eddie was excellent. If you subscribe to Sirius XM, you can listen to it on demand via the app. They talked for three-plus hours. I've been listening to Stern for 25 years and can't recall another interview this long or this in-depth. (The back story was that PJ was supposed to play the Apollo in NYC and then the band was going to sit for an interview in Stern's studio, but Covid hit and everything was canceled.). Even though the interview was done remotely, you couldn't tell. I've been a PJ fan since 1991 and there was plenty of stuff I learned, including that, as a heterosexual man, I might be in love with Eddie Vedder. 
agree.  it was awesome

So here’s a shot at a full fledged review. I’m on a shotty airport connection right now, so I’m typing into word and posting as I go.

I fly into Midway with a backpack and a bag chair on my arm. I decided to use my Hilton points and get a room by the airport so I could get some good sleep before my 6:30 flight the next day as apposed to sleeping in the airport (my original plan). So anyway, I drop my bag off and hop on the train to go down to the show.

I arrive at the venue around 12:00 and I took my seat about the 100th place in line. I saw tons of people with signs ranging from “Fan Club member needs ticket” to “will ______ for ticket.” The guy next to me was a lawyer from Chicago, and he gives me the lowdown on the venue and where he plans on trying to stand (which came in handy later).

So at this point, as I’ve built some trust with this guy I ask him if he’ll watch my spot while I go grab a sammich, and he obliged. Get back in line and just start chatting with some others around me and the rumors start to fly about who will open (Ben Harper, Mike Watt, etc.)

The lawyer gets a call on his phone and said he has confirmation that Eddie will in fact open and that the venue secured a 1:00 am curfew At this point I started to get pumped. TU touched down around 2:00 and told me he was heading to the hotel and then would meet me at the venue. At this point things were getting sketchy in line b/c the venue and the fan club were walking around telling people all sorts of stuff about how they were going to disburse the wristbands, and that it might happen before 4:00, etc. So I called TU to let him know that he might want to stop here bfore the hotel just so we’ll get the wristbands…and I’ll hold our place in line so he can drop his stuff off. He obliges and arrives around 3:00……we end up getting our wristbands around 4:30 and then he takes off for the hotel and I continue to chill in line with the rest of the fans.

For anyone who is familiar with PJ shows, you know that the posters are a hot commodity. So b/w the 4 of us (me, TU, lawyer guy, and his friend) we develop a strategy that we’ll head straight for the front row of the 2nd level and then go 2x2 to get the posters. Doors open around 7:15 and we do just that. To set the scene, the Vic is a very small theatre…the type of place you would see a play. Directly in front of the stage is a lowered pit that goes about 10 rows deep. Following that is a slightly raise level of about 10 rows deep and then another one. We ended up on the front row of that 2nd level against the railing. Ended up being a prime spot b/c the place was so packed. If you weren’t in one of the front rows of any of the levels, you were going to sweat your nuts off the entire night. So TU and lawyer went to get the poster and people started to file in behind us, getting pissed when we said we were saving the sots. Needless to say we didn’t leave to get our posters at that time.

During this time we get the drunkest, most annoying douchebags that you could ever imagine being behind you at a concert. Just typical, “I’m drunk and need to let everyone around us know it.” Some of these guys were Chicago guys and some were NYC so there was lots of J.E.T.S chants and cubs chants.

So Ed comes out around 8:15 or so and plays Trouble (Cat Stevens cover). He stops after the first verse b/c everyone was taking pictures, so he kindly asks us to stop. Ends fun finishing the song strongly. He then starts talking about the cubs and this solicits some boos and cheers. Of course the loudest came from the DBs behind us. Ed states that he wrote “ A song about the cubs that you can sing while drinking beer……(cheers & boos)….so even if you don’t like the cubs, I think everyone here enjoys beer.”

Guy behind us yells “I’m drinking beer right now!” which was pretty funny in that “I can’t believe he would actually say that” sort of thing.

Ed closes his set with Dead Man and Pictures in a Frame. Solid stuff.

More to come later

So PJ comes n around 9 or so and kicks it off with All or None, which was a really solid opener – lots of crowd singalong setting the stage for a good night. After the song TU tells me “I’ve got a feeling we’re going to see a lot of weird stuff “ or sometng to that effet.
Got an email from the ten club about a $30 yearly subscription to nugs.net.  Bit the bullet and bought it.  Looked for this show and have been listening to it.  So gosh darned good.  Can't believe it was 13 years ago.

What a night. 

RIP TI :banned:

Really wish I could find this somewhere to listen to it 

I am still holding on to my tickets for Phoenix but I am thinking of getting a return. I did not like the news about ticketmaster requiring results of covid tests. I was only half listening but I got the impression I may be done with large shows. It smelled a lot like tracking by ticketmaster and lord knows who else.

Has anyone returned their tickets for a refund yet? Was it a PITA ?

I am still holding on to my tickets for Phoenix but I am thinking of getting a return. I did not like the news about ticketmaster requiring results of covid tests. I was only half listening but I got the impression I may be done with large shows. It smelled a lot like tracking by ticketmaster and lord knows who else.

Holding mine. I fully intend to get vaccinated anyways. If I'm not comfortable with the state of Covid when they reschedule then I'll sell mine.

Your life is not going to be made worse by ticketmaster (and lord knows who else) knowing you went to a show.

You're going to have to prove you're covid free to go to that show, so get rid of them now if this is your line of thinking.

Your life is not going to be made worse by ticketmaster (and lord knows who else) knowing you went to a show.

You're going to have to prove you're covid free to go to that show, so get rid of them now if this is your line of thinking.
Yeah I'm a pretty big privacy guy but if our options to avoid shows becoming super spreader events are: 

1) wait till Covid is gone

2) require proof of vaccine or negative test to gain entry

Im totally okay with #2 if it means I can get to watch live shows again without fear of dying or killing someone else. 

Frankly if we can get an instant test established, build it into the ticket price. Test everyone on the way in the door. Then let everyone enjoy themselves once inside. 

I really do not like Howard Stern and a lot of what I don't like about him is evident here. Despite that it was a really good interview and worth the listen.

Holding mine. I fully intend to get vaccinated anyways. If I'm not comfortable with the state of Covid when they reschedule then I'll sell mine.
Sounds like you’re gonna have a hard time transferring tickets in the future.  Probably restricted to just the Ticketmaster reseller marketplace.

Same here, though depending on the restrictions put in place by Ticketmaster, I have a feeling the concert will happen before I'm interested in going to concert.  Will probably end up selling as my tickets were for out of town.

Pretty sure we have a whole year to see when the next shows will be scheduled. They are going to play it extra careful.

Still holding my MSG tickets since they were such a PITA to get in the first place. Sunk costs.

They're supposed to headline Sea Hear Now festival this September in NJ. Have had tix for a year and a half and am really hoping this festival is on.

At the 2019 festival they had a pretty cool art exhibit where musicians displayed their artwork and Mike McCready was a part of it. I saw him hanging outside by himself so I walked up to him and shook his hand and thanked him for his music. He seemed amused but was cool about it and we chatted for maybe 2 minutes. My wife was laughing at me being so starstruck. I didn't care, I just hung out with Mike McCready. Yes, 2 minutes counts!

They're supposed to headline Sea Hear Now festival this September in NJ. Have had tix for a year and a half and am really hoping this festival is on.

At the 2019 festival they had a pretty cool art exhibit where musicians displayed their artwork and Mike McCready was a part of it. I saw him hanging outside by himself so I walked up to him and shook his hand and thanked him for his music. He seemed amused but was cool about it and we chatted for maybe 2 minutes. My wife was laughing at me being so starstruck. I didn't care, I just hung out with Mike McCready. Yes, 2 minutes counts!
I have tickets too. It has been so long, I sometimes forget about it. 

Still HODLing great seats for Ottawa (GA), Quebec City, St Louis (GA) and Nashville... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got tickets to San Diego and both Oakland shows, but I don't think they're happening until next year. The 2020 European tour got rescheduled for 2022, and PJ plays things pretty cautiously. 

I've got tickets to San Diego and both Oakland shows, but I don't think they're happening until next year. The 2020 European tour got rescheduled for 2022, and PJ plays things pretty cautiously. 
Yeah, I'm still holding on to Oakland.   I hope that they give people that kept their tix a shot at an upgrade before they do the resale of all of the refunded tix.

Still have tickets to Hamilton Ontario. Was originally looking forward to hearing the new album live before it was released, now just desperately wanting a live event again... that and the official end to the Lightning Bolt tour; aka the seven year and counting tour. Last shows for me were the 2018 Fenway's.

I got an email saying they are looking to reschedule the US tour starting May 2022.
Same.  Dates not available until early next year.  Hopefully my out of town ticket falls on a good day.  Would stink to wait all this time to have it fall on a Wednesday or something.

Quebec City  9/1
Ottaway 9/3
Hamillton 9/5
Toronto 9/6 or 7 
Most US Dates to follow in Mid Sept into October. 

Firm rumors. 

So these are make-up dates and old tickets are still valid, or....?
Yes... everything I'm reading is that told tickets will still be valid for make-up shows.

Much speculation more NA dates will be added, but original 2020 shows will be held, and 2020 tickets will be honored. 

More leaked dates: 

Quebec City 9/1 

Ottawa 9/3 

Hamilton 9/5

Toronto 9/6 or 9/7

St Louis 9/16 

OkC 9/18

Denver 9/22

I've booked cancellable hotels for QC / Ott / StL already and prices are starting to rise

Anyone seeing ways to upgrade? It looks like tickets for the 2020 shows that got rescheduled will be going on sale 3/27. I am guessing these are tickets that were returned over the last two years? I kept my tickets but they are not very good. I would love to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread