What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nomar Garciaparra (1 Viewer)

Is Nomar a Future HOFer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably Yes

• Maybe

• Probably No

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

David Yudkin

Footballguy
Nomar struggled the last few years with injuries but seems to have resurrected his career in LA. He currently is batting .369 with 7 HR and 40 RBI in 41 games playing for the Dodgers.

He seemed to be on a HOF track with the Red Sox but until this year has fallen out of the limelight.

Career numbers:

198 HR

780 RBI

.321 Average

.369 OBP

.547 Sluggung %

.916 OPS

Black Ink: Batting - 15 (147) (Average HOFer ~ 27)

Gray Ink: Batting - 78 (298) (Average HOFer ~ 144)

HOF Standards: Batting - 43.7 (111) (Average HOFer ~ 50)

HOF Monitor: Batting - 115.0 (120) (Likely HOFer > 100)

He's not getting any younger (will be 33 next month), but if he were to stay healthy and play a few more seasons, is he HOF worthy?

No. At the peak of his powers he was a HOF-caliber player, but he got injured too often and as a result, won't put up HOF-worthy career numbers.

He's still one of my favorites, I'd like to think he is HOF worthy, and if he keeps up this pace he will be.

Isn't he shacking up with Mia Hamm?

I'd take that over the HOF any day of the week ... :thumbup:

Noarm Garciapopup*

I don't follow MLB very much nor do I know if that name fits Nomar...I just like the ring of it.

He's probably going to have to put up several monster seasons at this juncture just to be even considered.

And now that he's at 1B, I think the bar is even higher than if he had stayed at SS.

He is the SS equivelant of Don Mattingly.... A player with near limitless potential who had a few exceptional seasons but who could not stay healthy.......

Playing the IF game . . .

If Nomar hung on for another 4 healthy years and ended up with say 300+ HR, 1,200+ RBI, and a .320+ BA with over 1,000 games played at SS, is that not at least worthy of HOF consideration?

Not likely, I know . . .

I don't know if he's HOF material and don't really care too much, but I sure hope he keeps playing lights out.

Unexpected gift for the Dodgers thus far. :thumbup:

Um, isn't it a little early? If he remains healthy and playing well for another 5 years, he could easily be a strong candidate. I will say, though, that it hurts him to have moved him to 1B, where his power numbers are less impressive for his position.

Users who are viewing this thread