What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 SSL-IV H-2-H pick thread (1 Viewer)

1.14 Steve Smith

2.1 Chad Johnson

pm'ing Razr.
You are costing me money Scott - I got good odds and wagered you were still tied at the umbilical cord and would take Manning & Marvin :pics:

1.12 - Ravnzfan: TE, Antonio Gates
Wow that's early.
:yes: This guy has gone too early in every board draft so far this year..... IMO
Is it really that early with 2 PPR for Tight Ends ? Granted, Rivers is a big question mark, but what if he performs like last year? Where does that place him?
As a rule with these drafts, I only comment on picked players. However, to keep the peace, I'm going to answer TL here and then I'll not comment more until were done.I think everyone is just IGNORING that fact that the guy that got Gates the ball so much now plays in New Orleans. His WR teammates are average at best. His QB is the equivalent of a rookie. He plays in a tough, competitive division. Risk > Reward @ 1.12 IMO.

I'm just gonna throw something out there with the caveat that I know nobody means any harm. But it's my opinion we should hold off on the deep analysis until 'after' the draft is completed. Again, I don't want to be a party-pooper, but I do think analyzing strategy in an 'open forum' so early in the draft may not be the best idea.

If nobody else cares, I won't. But I just thought I'd put this out there in case I'm not the only one who's thinking along these lines.

Carry on...
Not sure I totally agree with this. My reason being that after the whole she-bang we see alot of team analysis thrown out at once. It's like a few days of rating teams (with many just doing their own). By having a little cammentary along the way, we get a better sense of what the thoughts are of any owner and can digest it better. Personnally, there is no way that a comment by another owner about which direction they were leaning or which player is better or whatever is going to alter how I build my team. And if it effect someone else, who cares?

Can we at least have a LITTLE commentary along the way? :unsure:

Doesn't anyone want to hear Ravnzfan give a take on why he felt comfortable going TE-WR? Or Team Legacy going WR-WR?

I'm just gonna throw something out there with the caveat that I know nobody means any harm. But it's my opinion we should hold off on the deep analysis until 'after' the draft is completed. Again, I don't want to be a party-pooper, but I do think analyzing strategy in an 'open forum' so early in the draft may not be the best idea.

If nobody else cares, I won't. But I just thought I'd put this out there in case I'm not the only one who's thinking along these lines.

Carry on...
Not sure I totally agree with this. My reason being that after the whole she-bang we see alot of team analysis thrown out at once. It's like a few days of rating teams (with many just doing their own). By having a little cammentary along the way, we get a better sense of what the thoughts are of any owner and can digest it better. Personnally, there is no way that a comment by another owner about which direction they were leaning or which player is better or whatever is going to alter how I build my team. And if it effect someone else, who cares?

Doesn't anyone want to hear Ravnzfan give a take on why he felt comfortable going TE-WR? Or Team Legacy going WR-WR?
I'd be for that as well.The only thing I don't like is pointing out players that are still available and/or dropping.

Chaz, league mates, and commissioners (if they ever wake up) - perhaps we could just have a separate thread for the commentary - then it is not intertwined with the picks, doesn't clutter and people who don't want to see it have their options. I think everybody in here knows how to draft, but we do like to hear reasons and trade opinions - just in a different place than the draft board.

2.09 Payton Manning QB, IND
THIS from the guy who said that Gates was too early? :potkettle:
my point exactlymy options @12:

Caddy--I'm not sold

DD--knee problems, etc

Chad

SS...both next on my list

if I couldn't get Westy--which isn't happening this deep in round 1 of any PPR league, I wanted guys at the top of the board @TE/WR, espically w/2PPR's for TE's

I just started a PPR league w/SS-Chad drafting from the 11, so I went Gates/Fitz here...OK? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carry on...

I'd be for that as well.The only thing I don't like is pointing out players that are still available and/or dropping.
I agree with Chaz and Jeff - I enjoy the chatter, so long as it concerns picks made and not players available. Either here or in a separate thread ok with me.

2.10: RB, FWP - Steelers

Sorry for the delay guys. Caught me right in the middle of feeding and bathing the young ones.

I agree with Chaz and Jeff - I enjoy the chatter, so long as it concerns picks made and not players available. Either here or in a separate thread ok with me.
Agreed.

may be a repeat, but I sent Family Man a PM.
FM is apparently in the hospital.I call timeout for that.
Ravnzfan has the final call for it, but, for what it's worth, I agree.
:popcorn: :banned: :suds: pick your poison....we'll take a TO and await word from FM or the Mrs tomorrow

see you guys back here in the morning

So if everybody else drafts him too early then you can too?

Brilliant :banned:
I don't think 23rd was too early for Manning. 12th was WAY too early for Gates.BTW - I did not start the Gates went to early thing..... Jeff did...... I simply agreed.

So if everybody else drafts him too early then you can too?

Brilliant :banned:
I don't think 23rd was too early for Manning. 12th was WAY too early for Gates.BTW - I did not start the Gates went to early thing..... Jeff did...... I simply agreed.
Gates and Manning's teams are always interesting.If you really covet Gates, I can see taking him late in the 1st as you know pretty much what will be left after the turn.

Right now I'm most intrigued by Legacy's actions so far.

Just got off the phone with Michael, he is still in the hospital awaiting some test results, but he gladly selects

2-11 Marvin Harrison, WR, IND

pming next

Any idea as to whether we are moving threads to a 3 & 4 specific thread or staying in this one?

let's continue to make selections in this thread---I'll need some assistance in setting up a thread that moves the entire draft from thread 1 and posts it in another thread :ph34r:

let's continue to make selections in this thread---I'll need some assistance in setting up a thread that moves the entire draft from thread 1 and posts it in another thread :ph34r:
I can do it, but then you or FM would not be able to edit it - let me know if you want me to start a new thread, but I see nothing wrong with staying here (you might modify the thread title)

I just talked to Michael and they are in the process of discharging him, so he will need a few hours to get home and get settled and then catch up and make his pick, so :banned:

I just talked to Michael and they are in the process of discharging him, so he will need a few hours to get home and get settled and then catch up and make his pick, so  :banned:
good...we'll pause here, and let FM get himself caught upand we'll continue to use this thread for picks, keeping draft commentary in the commentary thread! :P

With the 3.4 pick Family Matters selects:

D. Foster-RB, Car.

Here's to hoping he stays healthy! :banned:

Edit to correct pick number.

Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

Hey gang. Thanks for thinking about me and wishing me well. I really appreciate your support. Let me give you the quick update now that I'm back home.

As mentioned previously, I have a chronic neck injury with nerve damage. I've been getting treatment and trying different meds for over 2 years and nothing seems to be helping. Yesterday, I had a problem with my meds. They think the new meds I'm on created a reaction. Anyway, my blood press went through the roof and I turned a shade of red that only a guy drafting M. Faulk as the #1 pick still thinking he's the man would've been.

So they ran heart tests and determined I still have the heart for this game and should be able to repeat as champion.

Again, much thanks. It's nice to know people care even when they only know you as a handle.

Your relieved friend,

Michael Morrison

Family Matters

damn glad to have you back here, Michael

now let's advise the doctor's when we have a draft scheduled in the future so we don't go changing meds just prior to the first round!!! :P

seriously...welcome home

psst...BTW

3.4---D Foster ...you took Harrison @2.11

Here's what I wrote in the other thread:

Hey gang. Thanks for thinking about me and wishing me well. I really appreciate your support. Let me give you the quick update now that I'm back home.

As mentioned previously, I have a chronic neck injury with nerve damage. I've been getting treatment and trying different meds for over 2 years and nothing seems to be helping. Yesterday, I had a problem with my meds. They think the new meds I'm on created a reaction. Anyway, my blood press went through the roof and I turned a shade of red that only a guy drafting M. Faulk as the #1 pick still thinking he's the man would've been.

So they ran heart tests and determined I still have the heart for this game and should be able to repeat as champion.

Again, much thanks. It's nice to know people care even when they only know you as a handle.

Your relieved friend,

Michael Morrison

Family Matters
Welcome back Mike.Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Users who are viewing this thread