What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: OFFICIAL Underclassmen leaving early (1 Viewer)

Big news out of Columbia, MO today that Martin Rucker (brother of Mike Rucker) is pulling out of the draft and will return to school for the 2007 season. This is suprising to many because he was over-taken as the #1 TE target this year by super stud Soph. Chase Coffman and many around here expected him to try the NFL.

This will probably mean big things for Mizzou's offense for 2007 with All-Big 12 caliber WR William Franklin returning from a shoulder injury, Rucker and Coffman at TE and 3 very, very good WRs out of last year's freshman class (Perry, Alexander and Maclin). There could potentially be 3 "WR/TEs" drafted out of this high-powered offense led by Chase Daniel next year if they live up to their hype.

Definitely an offense to keep an eye on for this time next year with all of the playmakers.

Quick look at receiving stats from this year...

RECEIVING GP-GS No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G

---------------------------------------------------------

Coffman, Chase 13-5 58 638 11.0 9 37 49.1

Rucker, Martin 13-13 53 511 9.6 5 47 39.3

Franklin, William 11-11 48 829 17.3 6 68 75.4

Perry, Jared 13-2 37 429 11.6 3 74 33.0

Here is the official release...

Martin Rucker Will Return for Senior Season at Mizzou

Record-Holding Tight End Withdraws Name from NFL Draft Consideration

For Immediate Release Media Contact:

Thursday, January 11, 2007 Chad Moller (573) 882-0712

Columbia, Mo. – University of Missouri junior tight end Martin Rucker (St. Joseph, Mo.) has withdrawn his name from consideration from the 2007 NFL Draft, and will return for his senior season at Mizzou, as announced today by Rucker. He had previously entered his name into consideration for the draft, but decided to play his last year for the Tigers after receiving feedback from league personnel.

Rucker had a standout season as a junior in 2006, catching a career-high 53 passes for 511 yards and five touchdowns for the 8-5 Tigers. Rucker earned 1st-Team All-Big 12 honors by league coaches for his play, and he will likely enter the 2007 season as one of the top pre-season candidates for the John Mackey Tight End Award, given annually to the nation’s top tight end.

“I’m glad that I looked into this, it was a good experience to go through, and the feedback I got was really positive,” said Rucker. “I’m very excited about the chance to eventually play in the NFL, but I believe that playing one more year at Mizzou will be the best for me. We have some business to take care of next year, and I want to be a part of what I believe can be a special season,” he said.

Rucker’s decision to stay now means that MU will return nine players on offense who started the 2006 Brut Sun Bowl that saw the Tigers rack up 561 yards of total offense in a 39-38 loss to 24th-ranked Oregon State. In all, Mizzou will return 97.9% of its school-record 5,533 total offense yardage output in 2007 (5,414-of-5,533).

Already the MU record-holder for career catches and receiving yardage by a tight end, Rucker will enter his senior season with 119 catches for 1,341 yards and 10 touchdowns. His reception total ranks 5th on the MU career receiving chart for all positions, while his yardage total currently ranks 10th overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darius Walker made it official today.

"I just really feel like it's right for me," he said. "I wrote down the pros and cons and feel like it's the right thing for me to do at this time."
I'm curious to see what kind of 40 time he runs at the combine. I've seen every game Walker has played and he's always seemed a bit slow. Never saw him as much of an NFL prospect, shocked he's leaving early.Walker done at ND

Kieth Rivers stays at Southern Cal for his senior season

Had another one of those "late first early second" grades.

USC linebacker Keith Rivers announced today that he would return to USC for his final season of eligibility.

Rivers, a two-year starter who led the Trojans with 85 tackles this season, said the draft evaluation that he received from the NFL placed him as a potential late first or early second-round draft choice.

"I just kind of felt like with a lot of growth I could potentially be a top-10, top-15 pick instead of late first or early second," Rivers said.

A year after USC lost five juniors to the NFL, receiver Dwayne Jarrett is the only draft-eligible junior who plans to turn pro.

Rivers said he endured some sleepless nights weighing is options, especially in light of the success former Trojan linebacker Lofa Tatupu has enjoyed with the Seattle Seahawks after being selected in the second round of the 2005 draft.

"Seeing what Lofa did, you think, 'Why can't I do that?' " Rivers said. "And seeing some of the guys leave that you came in with makes you say, 'I want to be up there with my buddies.' "

Rivers is one of 10 defensive starters who will return in 2007. "The biggest thing is what I want to do with the group of guys we have coming back," Rivers said. "It's going to be an amazing opportunity to come back and play for whatever we play for, the Rose Bowl or the national championship."

I know this is just conjecture till everyone announces, but you should probably keep holding off on adding Andre Caldwell to the list. His brother is strongly encouraging him to stay in school, and given the strength of this WR class that's probably a good decision.

Jarvis Moss (DE) and Ryan Smith (CB) are expected to announce that they're leaving, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay. Personally, I think Smith is in no way capable of playing at the NFL level, but if Nelson leaves, he's going to look even worse going into next years draft.

I know this is just conjecture till everyone announces, but you should probably keep holding off on adding Andre Caldwell to the list. His brother is strongly encouraging him to stay in school, and given the strength of this WR class that's probably a good decision.Jarvis Moss (DE) and Ryan Smith (CB) are expected to announce that they're leaving, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay. Personally, I think Smith is in no way capable of playing at the NFL level, but if Nelson leaves, he's going to look even worse going into next years draft.
Thanks for the tip. The story Caldwell got his feedback and made an instant decision, on top of all the other speculation that he would leave this year, made him seem very likely. I have Caldwell and Nelson on my list (unofficially) and they may well both return to school. It's probably safer to swap Moss and Smith for them, but I'm lazy and patient. Aren't Caldwell and Smith both getting old? That's what I remember driving the story they would declare in mid season.

Antwan Applewhite entering draft

Who he you ask? Young and very fast off the edge, covers the field sideline to sidleline like an LB. The Aztecs defense was pathetic and that may have made him look better than he is, but he was all over the field every week, and always the player double teamed. He's 6-4 and maybe 240. He'll test well. He may be a candidate to move out to OLB, even WLB the way he covers ground, but pass rushing off the edge is his game. Never redshirted, so he only has his frosh and soph seasons under his belt. I don't know. They're all welcome, but Applewhite may have served himself better waiting.

Whatever that feedback was, apparently it was good enough to make him skip his senior year.
:shrug:

32 down 18 to go for the record.

Adding Applewhite.

QB JaMarcus Russell - LSU

WR Calvin Johnson - Georgia Tech

WR Dwayne Jarrett - Southern Cal

WR Robert Meachem - Tennessee

WR Sidney Rice - South Carolina

WR Anthony Gonzalez - Ohiot State

*WR Andre Caldwell - Florida

RB Darius Walker - Notre Dame

*RB Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma

RB Michael Bush - Louisville

RB Marshawn Lynch - Cal-Berkley

RB Dwayne Wright -Fresno State

RB Chris Henry - Arizona

RB Danny Ware - Georgia

RB Gary Russell - ex-Minnesota

RB Ramonce Taylor - Texas convict

TE Zach Miller - Arizona State

TE Greg Olson - Miami (Florida)

TE Luke Smith-Anderson - Idaho

DE Charles Johnson - Georgia

DE Jamaal Anderson - Arkansas

DE Antwan Applewhite - San Diego State

DT Alan Branch - Michigan

DT Stanley Doughty - South Carolina

LB Lawrence Timmons - Florida State

LB Jon Beason - Miami FL

LB Rory Johnson - Ole Miss

CB Darrelle Revis - Pittsburgh

CB Chris Houston - Arkansas

CB CJ Gaddis - Clemson

CB Eric Wright - Nevada Las-Vegas

* S Reggie Nelson - Florida

* temporarily unofficial

Limas Sweed staying in school

Good choice by the kid here. Has all the phyical tools you want from a WR and has made some insane grabs during his UT tenure, but is prone to dissappearing from time to time. Not surprising, however, as many UT juniors stay for their last year. Could be a potential 1st rounder in next year's draft class. Probably would have fallen to WR #7-#9 had he come out.

nshelat1 said:
Limas Sweed staying in school

Good choice by the kid here. Has all the phyical tools you want from a WR and has made some insane grabs during his UT tenure, but is prone to dissappearing from time to time. Not surprising, however, as many UT juniors stay for their last year. Could be a potential 1st rounder in next year's draft class. Probably would have fallen to WR #7-#9 had he come out.
I think I like Sweed more than most around here. The game winner in the Horseshoe two years ago was probably the biggest snag in college football over the past decade, and he showed great concentration. I think he's clutch. But I agree, with these WRs he needed to stay in school and get better to make a run at the first round.

Outstanding Razorback WR, Marcus Monk, agrees with Limas Sweed. He'll wait a year.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Arkansas receiver Marcus Monk has decided to remain with the Razorbacks for his senior season, according to a published report.

Monk told The Morning News newspaper in northwest Arkansas for its Friday editions it was a difficult decision to forgo the NFL Draft, particularly because he was projected as going as high as the second round.

"It's tough. You want to provide, especially in my situation. I want to provide for my family," Monk told the newspaper Thursday night. "Sometimes, it's better to be patient."
Smart man. He could go very very early next year. He had a 2nd 3rd round grade this year. Houston Nutt finally gets a save.

Outstanding Razorback WR, Marcus Monk, agrees with Limas Sweed. He'll wait a year.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- Arkansas receiver Marcus Monk has decided to remain with the Razorbacks for his senior season, according to a published report.

Monk told The Morning News newspaper in northwest Arkansas for its Friday editions it was a difficult decision to forgo the NFL Draft, particularly because he was projected as going as high as the second round.

"It's tough. You want to provide, especially in my situation. I want to provide for my family," Monk told the newspaper Thursday night. "Sometimes, it's better to be patient."
Smart man. He could go very very early next year. He had a 2nd 3rd round grade this year. Houston Nutt finally gets a save.
shucks, figured I had a shot at squeaking him out near the close of my draft.. sure to be a top prospect in 12 months

33 down 17 to go for the record.

Removed Andre Caldwell added Jarvis Moss and Ryan Smith. Caldwell can give whatever reason he wants. Caldwell, Monk, Sweed, they all see Gonzo, Rice, Meachem, Johnson, Jarrett and expect Ginn... so, what's the point?

QB JaMarcus Russell - LSU

RB Chris Henry - Arizona

RB Danny Ware - Georgia

DE Jarvis Moss - Florida

LB Jon Beason - Miami FL

CB CJ Gaddis - Clemson

CB Ryan Smith - Florida

S Reggie Nelson - Florida

* temporarily unofficial

Added Jarvis Moss and Ryan Smith, both from the national champs.
:bag: Cant say enough about Moss. Should be in the 2nd round mix. Outstanding overall player.

Ryan Smith also, IMHO, will be a solid player in the NFL. His best fit probably will be nickel corner, where I think he will thrive. Has great instincts and routinely comes up with big plays on the ball. He can also lay the lumber.

:banned: Cant say enough about Moss. Should be in the 2nd round mix. Outstanding overall player.

Ryan Smith also, IMHO, will be a solid player in the NFL. His best fit probably will be nickel corner, where I think he will thrive. Has great instincts and routinely comes up with big plays on the ball. He can also lay the lumber.
I agree Moss is a second rounder. Bloom sees him as possibly better. He closed the season nicely. I agree on Smith too. I meant to compare him to Dee Webb but with a very solid head on his shoulders.There's just one unofficial looking report that Gaithers will go pro. I'm sure if he'd announced it it would be big news

Construx, Dan Connor remains a NinnyLion. I was expecting him to leave.

I'm trying to be as interested as this draft as last years, but I need a dozen more underclassmen, dern it. We're going from probably one of the top three drafts in history... to a nice crop of two round talent and... and not much. I expect a bunch of punters and kickers to be drafted at this point.

:confused: Cant say enough about Moss. Should be in the 2nd round mix. Outstanding overall player.

I agree Moss is a second rounder. Bloom sees him as possibly better. He closed the season nicely. I agree on Smith too. I meant to compare him to Dee Webb but with a very solid head on his shoulders.There's just one unofficial looking report that Gaithers will go pro. I'm sure if he'd announced it it would be big news

Construx, Dan Connor remains a NinnyLion. I was expecting him to leave.

I'm trying to be as interested as this draft as last years, but I need a dozen more underclassmen, dern it. We're going from probably one of the top three drafts in history... to a nice crop of two round talent and... and not much. I expect a bunch of punters and kickers to be drafted at this point.
:pickle: National Championship baby! :D

Here are some players that might help Chaos get his record...

Noteables Still Deciding

Jonathan Abbate, ILB, Wake Forest, Jr.

Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii, Jr.

Tommy Blake, DE, TCU, Jr.

Todd Blythe, WR, Iowa State, Jr.

Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville, Jr.

Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue, Jr.

John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame, Jr.

Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College, Jr.

Bruce Davis, DE, UCLA, Jr.

Fred Davis, TE, USC, Jr.

Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU, Jr.

De'Cody Fagg, WR, Florida State, Jr.

Andre Flullen, DT, Florida State, Jr.

Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland, Jr.

Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State, Jr.

Lynell Hamilton, HB, San Diego St., Jr.

Kenny Iwebema, DE, Iowa, Jr.

Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida, Jr.

Derek Kinder, WR, Pittsburgh, Jr.

Reggie Nelson, S, Florida, Jr.

Paul Oliver, CB, Georgia, Jr.

Adrian Peterson, HB, Oklahoma, Jr.

Antonio Pittman, HB, Ohio State, Jr.

DeMario Pressley, DT, Florida St., Jr.

Glenn Sharpe, CB, Miami, Jr.

Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida, Jr.

Mario Urrutia, Wr, Louisville, Jr.

Phillip Wheeler, ILB, Georgia Tech, Jr.

Caldwell, Monk, Sweed, they all see Gonzo, Rice, Meachem, Johnson, Jarrett and expect Ginn... so, what's the point?
Kentucky WR, Keenan Burton, has decided to stay in school. Another NFL quality WR skeered of the talent and depth already in this draft. Good decision.
Good to see all 3 of the Wildcats prospects come back for their senior year. As a season ticket holder, the Cats offense should be fun to watch next year! Woodson and Burton should both be very good NFL prospects next year.

As far as Little goes, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that there were more talented options in the UK backfield and I have to STRONGLY disagree. Little is head and shoulders above Tony Dixon (speaking from a college RB standpoint). Dixon had every opportunity to shine this year while Little was out with injury and he did very little to impress. Little looked better than Dixon when he was hobbling on one leg. Little has a burst, body lean, and vision that Dixon seems to lack. He just has a knack for making big plays. With that said, I do not like his pro potential. I don't see any way for him to every be a feature back, although he does remind me sometimes of Westbrook with his running style. I just don't think he will ever be strong enough to handle a full load at RB.

Here are some players that might help Chaos get his record...
Thanks for the list, but I don't think we'll make it. I'm sure I'm right about the seniors lacking depth and being a little weak, I'm right about the sophomores being loaded... I was wrong that the combination would drive a record breaking # of juniors out... probably because the juniors are a little shallow and weak like the seniors.

I made Nelson official based on a headline at Yahoo. Then I read the article to link the news here and it's the same thing I already linked, so he's still unofficial Adrian Peterson is the only other name on the above list that remains unofficial. Anyone else picking up a strange vibe here? Could he stay in school?

Interesting information out of Louisville.

Jeff Brohm, who had accepted a position to remain with the University of Louisville coaching staff last Wednesday, was offered a position on Nick Saban’s new staff at Alabama on Thursday.

“It came down to do I want to help Alabama win a national championship or help Louisville win a national championship and the answer was easy,” said Brohm during a press conference held at halftime of the Louisville - Providence basketball game on Saturday afternoon.

Brohm, who served as the Cardinals quarterback coach for four years, will be elevated to associate head coach and passing game coordinator under new head coach Steve Kragthorpe.

No announcement has been made regarding Jeff’s younger Brian and his intentions to remain with U of L for his senior season or to enter the 2007 NFL Draft. A decision must be reached by Monday.
A good indicator Brohm is staying?

Interesting information out of Louisville.

Jeff Brohm, who had accepted a position to remain with the University of Louisville coaching staff last Wednesday, was offered a position on Nick Saban’s new staff at Alabama on Thursday.

“It came down to do I want to help Alabama win a national championship or help Louisville win a national championship and the answer was easy,” said Brohm during a press conference held at halftime of the Louisville - Providence basketball game on Saturday afternoon.

Brohm, who served as the Cardinals quarterback coach for four years, will be elevated to associate head coach and passing game coordinator under new head coach Steve Kragthorpe.

No announcement has been made regarding Jeff’s younger Brian and his intentions to remain with U of L for his senior season or to enter the 2007 NFL Draft. A decision must be reached by Monday.
A good indicator Brohm is staying?
The football team was honored at halftime of the basketball game today. BBrohm was talking to the fans and thanking them etc. He said things along the line of " We are excited about next year and it will be another great year." ) I'm paraphrasing there. The point is the use of the word "we." I know that usually doesn't mean much, but with his brother just being hired as OC, I think this is a different situation.

I made Nelson official based on a headline at Yahoo. Then I read the article to link the news here and it's the same thing I already linked, so he's still unofficial Adrian Peterson is the only other name on the above list that remains unofficial. Anyone else picking up a strange vibe here? Could he stay in school?
what are ADs chances of helping oklahoma to a national championship in 07, relative to what they were in 06, given who is leaving, taking their place & staying, & implications for overall surrounding talent & supporting cast... better, worse or about the same? if not better, that might suggest he moves on, & give a clue in that direction...some say his value won't be higher in 08 than 07, but that is somewhat indeterminate... many project him to go to CLE or HOU... but CLE has so many holes, & has spent a lot of high picks on skill position players (winslow & edwards, with not a lot to show for it)... if savage remains at GM, he will stay faithful to his board (trained by ozzie newsome), & if peterson is it i could definitely see him going in that direction... but it could easily be a stud OL like thomas or stud DL...as to HOU, kubiak came from DEN where RBs can be scrounged up in later rounds... even day two... some think they would jump on peterson after failing to get bush (& VY) in 06 draft... but if they didn't succumb to pressure last year, that increases possibility they don't this draft either... if he doesn't go to those places, could he fall out of the top 10 entirely (i'll look at draft order & team needs & edit/add something below)...this concern could lead him to come back for another year in oklahoma... while there is admittedly risk that he MIGHT have gone as high in 07, & could drop much lower if he suffers through anougher injury-riddled season... this is arguably balanced out by risk that he falls out of top 10 (in 07 draft) due to sub-par 06 season, & rehabbing his projection as a pro prospect & getting back in scout's good graces with a monster 07 collegiate season could make him more of a lock to secure top 3 or better status in 08 (its pretty rare for RBs to go #1)... that could mean the difference in maybe as much as EIGHT (!!) figures, if he makes wrong decision one way or the other... tough decision, & its not too hard to understand why he seems to be really struggling with it...* if you look at 07 draft order, IF AD falls out of the top 10... he could be in free fall mode all the way to GB at 16 (one of most frequently cited destinations for probable consensus #2 RB marshawn lynch)... if you look at teams between 8-16, they are peppered with teams like STL, SF & BUF, already having stud, franchise type RBs in jackson, gore & mcgahee (exception might be ATL with aging, undersized dunn & unproven norwood)... of course, if he DOES drop out of the top 10, it very possible we could see a team make a move up (maybe DEN, which did same thing last season with STL to get cutler, & again has the juice from lelie trade to dangle an extra mid-round pick to move up... they don't take RBs high in skeletor era, but last year they said they might have pounced on maroney if they hadn't gont cutler... AD far better prospect than maroney)...

what are ADs chances of helping oklahoma to a national championship in 07, relative to what they were in 06, given who is leaving, taking their place & staying, & implications for overall surrounding talent & supporting cast... better, worse or about the same? if not better, that might suggest he moves on, & give a clue in that direction..
Their QB situation is in shambles. I don't see them as a title contender, with or without Peterson.

John Abbate has reportedly declared. :thumbup:

Still looking for a link.

Excellent call by the junior who can creep up in a weak class of inside linebackers. I think his best fit is a 4-3 team and since a premium is put on mike linebackers, I say he is a day 1 prospect with the potential to move into the second round if he measures out correctly.

Yes, that might be a bit generous but I really like the kid quite a bit. He has great instincts- perhaps the best out of all the inside linebackers in college football. Reportedly he has timed out at under 4.5 and has a 36 inch vertical. He has all the physical tools you want and excelled at the position during his tenure at Wake. May be the best underclassmen ILB in the draft along with Brandon Siler.

He WILL time out as the fastest ILB in this draft.

Keep an eye out for this kid. :popcorn:

John Abbate has reportedly declared. :wub:
Espn reporting on Abbate QB JaMarcus Russell - LSU

RB Chris Henry - Arizona

RB Danny Ware - Georgia

DE Jarvis Moss - Florida

LB Brandon Siler - Florida

LB Jon Beason - Miami FL

LB Jon Abbate - Wake Forest

CB CJ Gaddis - Clemson

CB Ryan Smith - Florida

S Reggie Nelson - Florida

* temporarily unofficial

Florida LB Bradon Siler has declared for the NFL draft as per the ESPNews Ticker.

Again, another good decision. Takes advantage of a weak class. :thumbup:

what are ADs chances of ...some say his value won't be...this concern could lead him to...* if you look at 07 draft order...
I'm much more simpleminded than all that. I think AD is happy in Norman. I think Coach Stoops tells it like it is when he says Peterson feels like he didn't accomplish what he wanted in college. I personally doubt it goes much deeper than that. Stay in college. Put up some records. Go for the Heisman. Enjoy one last year of school life. These are things I think he would prefer, but he has to weigh the risk. The correct business decision, for a variety of reasons, is to enter the draft. I expect him to do that, but I confess I have a strange vibe about this. I doubt any of them are overthinking this by microanalyzing draft scenarios.

Brian Brohm reported undecided as of Sunday morning

Glenn Dorsey mulling over decision

Nothing new on Ted Ginn. A Buckeye fan in a rivals forum says his announcement will be late tonight if it leaks or first thing in the morning. But he had no idea what to expect even though he was originally certain Ginn was going pro.

Antonio Pittman will have a press conference tomorrow, all expectations are for him to enter the draft.

Jared Gaither

Andre Fluellen

Colt Brennan

Fred Davis

Tommy Blake

Are still sounding like possibilities.

Dorsey stays in school.
LSU junior defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, considered by some a potential high first-round draft choice, said Sunday night he will return for a senior season.

"I have a few injuries that I believe would have hindered me in the draft," said Dorsey, 6-foot-2, 299 pounds. "I have a leg injury that I really want to get healed up."

Dorsey said he played through the injury at the Sugar Bowl and that it will not require surgery. Dorsey said he did not know if the injury would be healed in time for the start of LSU's spring practice.

"I'm coming back so we have a chance to win the SEC and maybe even a national championship," Dorsey said. "I feel I'm going to come back strong and be as high or higher a draft prospect next season."

Dorsey had 54 tackles, including 8.5 for loss and three sacks this season.

Hawaii QB Colt Brennan said on ESPN's The Pulse Saturday that if he had to decide today, he'd forego his senior season and enter the draft.

Brennan said he's spoken with agents and coach June Jones and at least one source told him he could go as high as the first round and be the third quarterback taken. Coming off a 58-touchdown season, he has a chance. Brian Brohm's decision may impact which way Brennan leans.

ETA: from RotoWorld

From NFLDraftCountdown (usually very reliable)

link

Was I under a rock this weekend and Peterson declared or is listing him there still premature?

---

The Following Players Have Announced Their Intention To Forego the Remainder of Their College Eligibility and Declare for the 2007 NFL Draft.

Code:
Jon Abbate ILB Wake Forest JR Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas JR Antwan Applewhite DE San Diego St. JR Jon Beason OLB Miami (FL) JR Alan Branch DT Michigan JR Stanley Doughty DT South Carolina JR C.J. Gaddis CB Clemson JR Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio St. JR Chris Henry RB Arizona JR Chris Houston CB Arkansas JR Dwayne Jarrett WR USC JR Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech JR Charles Johnson DE Georgia JR Rory Johnson OLB Ole Miss JR Marshawn Lynch RB California JR Robert Meachem WR Tennessee JR Zach Miller TE Arizona St. JR Jarvis Moss DE Florida JR Reggie Nelson S Florida JR Greg Olsen TE Miami (FL) JR Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma JR Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh JR Sidney Rice WR South Carolina SO Gary Russell RB Minnesota JR JaMarcus Russell QB L.S.U. JR Brandon Siler ILB Florida JR Ryan Smith CB Florida JR Ramonce Taylor RB Texas JR Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida St. JR Darius Walker RB Notre Dame JR Danny Ware RB Georgia JR Dwayne Wright RB Fresno St. JR Eric Wright CB UNLV JR

Brohm staying at U of L

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/0...m.4131d872.html

Brohm staying at U of L

09:34 AM EST on Monday, January 15, 2007

Brohm staying at U of L

You can rest easy Cardinal fans.

Brian Brohm announced this morning that he will by-pass the opportunity to play in the NFL and stay for his senior season at U of L.

The Cardinal Quarterback stated that he did not reach his final conclusion until late Saturday night.

Brohm says that he feels there are still things to be accomplished at U of L with the leadership of new coach Steve Kragthorpe, such as winning the Big East for a second year and possibly a National Title.

Web Story by Tony Jones

Ginn is gone-

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753

Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. will skip his senior year and take his talents to the NFL.

Ginn

"I am excited to announce that I am making myself eligible for the National Football League draft," Ginn said in a statement.

"I thank Coach Tressel and all those involved within The Ohio State University football program for creating such a terrific environment for me to succeed both athletically and academically."

Ginn was part of a Buckeye team that went 12-1 in 2006 but lost 41-14 in the BCS championship game to Florida. Ginn returned the opening kickoff 93 yards for a touchdown but injured his foot on the play and did not return to the game.

Ginn caught 59 passes for 781 yards and nine TDs in 2006.

Are Adrian Peterson and Jared Gaither the only two interesting players left that haven't declared ?

Are Adrian Peterson and Jared Gaither the only two interesting players left that haven't declared ?
Colt Brennan, Tommy Blake, Antonio Pittman, Mikel Jenkins, Bruce Davis, Dorien Bryant, Todd Blythe, Phillip Wheeler are all good good prospects who have not given a decision yet.

From NFLDraftCountdown (usually very reliable)

link

Was I under a rock this weekend and Peterson declared or is listing him there still premature?
NFLDC has been getting heads up from me and using DraftDaddy. :thumbup: I'm going to be on the road all day, so someone else keep this updated for me please.

DraftDaddy is by far the fastest to report.

I use A variety of google searches to try and beat them. It's silly, but fun when I'm bored.

As for Peterson. Again yesterday a number of unofficial reports said he informed Stoops he was leaving and interviewed agents. As far as I know, still no word from AD himself.

Users who are viewing this thread