What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Future Wheelhouse Thread Topics Thread - Part II (1 Viewer)

Let's see what is on over at the Cage...it's lost a lot of steam since it doesn't seem to be able to stay on all the time...1. "Ministry of Pain": My tribute thread.3. "I hate Woz"4. ITruckasauraus: It's sad if he really retires5. Underrated FFA "Dorks"...I promise you it isn't the word dorks they are using.8. Joe B calling LHucks some name...5 of their top8 threads are related to this board in some way. I rest my case. And Aaron posts over there and is on staff at FBG...doesn't make any sense to me.
:confused: Seriously, Are you making this stuff up?
I think that I am going to stay in the Shark Pool exclusively. :X

This thread seems quite lopsided with people who want to say I am taking it too seriously. I'm actually not...I am just asking questions, pointing out the hypocrisy
Is it possible that the reason you're asking questions and pointing out hypocrisy is because you're taking it too seriously?
Of all people, the guy whose thread was locked and taken down that I started asking if you were going to change your sign on now since Manning actually won the SB...we all know you started it to segway the similarity between Manning and Marino...not only did you dodge that thread like the plague but it was taken down within a day or two as well.But we have to have a Wheelhouse bashing thread, that's perfectly OK with the board mods apparently...laughable.

MoP,

I agree with some of the things you've said here, but some opinions are best left unsaid, because it just continues to stir the pot. It's all in what you make of it. Obviously nobody likes to be stepped on and I have no problem with standing up for yourself, but when dishing out is re-dished out, who really wins? Sometimes it's just good to accept any wrongdoing and move on.

wheelhouse is being a good sport here. nobody is trying to make him feel bad or "shamed" or whatever.

he starts some unique threads on topics that most people probably wouldn't think could be thread-worthy, but they wind up getting quite a few replies.

take a look at the titles of threads he started:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...mp;highlite=%2B

some examples

"What's the best hot chocolate recipe?"

"POLL: How do you pronounce Eric Chavez?"

"How many famous Keith's can you name off the top of your head?"

"What's your favorite way to eat shrimp?"

"Foods that you like even if burnt"

"Words I have never used before. You give me a word, I'll tell you if I've ever used it"

it's funny stuff and some of the ideas in this thread were funny too. people appreciate his contributions. sometimes, people are actually being sincere when they say it's meant as a tribute. I'm positive Fro and shuke felt that way when they started two almost identical threads on the same topic.

This thread seems quite lopsided with people who want to say I am taking it too seriously. I'm actually not...I am just asking questions, pointing out the hypocrisy
Is it possible that the reason you're asking questions and pointing out hypocrisy is because you're taking it too seriously?
Of all people, the guy whose thread was locked and taken down that I started asking if you were going to change your sign on now since Manning actually won the SB...we all know you started it to segway the similarity between Manning and Marino...not only did you dodge that thread like the plague but it was taken down within a day or two as well.But we have to have a Wheelhouse bashing thread, that's perfectly OK with the board mods apparently...laughable.
The dooshbaggery is strong in this one.

MoP - In no way was thread meant to bash my man Wheelhouse. I think he is a comedic genius. The threads he starts has me rolling. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that that is what this thead is. Wheelhouse, if you feel mocked, I do apologizr that was not my intention. One thing that I've learned is creating a thread where posters can reply by being creative and funny always gets the best responses. This thread is one of those. I think a majority of the posters would agree that no one is basjing wheelhouse. we are having fun using his inspiration as our motive. He is a like a FFA buddy we have. If my real life buddies stopped tooling on me than I know they would not be real buddies. You tool on your buddies a little. That's it nothing more.

Of all people, the guy whose thread was locked and taken down that I started asking if you were going to change your sign on now since Manning actually won the SB...we all know you started it to segway the similarity between Manning and Marino...not only did you dodge that thread like the plague but it was taken down within a day or two as well.

But we have to have a Wheelhouse bashing thread, that's perfectly OK with the board mods apparently...laughable.
:thumbup: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=304539&hl=

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...=302863&hl=

Let's see what is on over at the Cage...it's lost a lot of steam since it doesn't seem to be able to stay on all the time...1. "Ministry of Pain": My tribute thread.3. "I hate Woz"4. ITruckasauraus: It's sad if he really retires5. Underrated FFA "Dorks"...I promise you it isn't the word dorks they are using.8. Joe B calling LHucks some name...5 of their top8 threads are related to this board in some way. I rest my case. And Aaron posts over there and is on staff at FBG...doesn't make any sense to me.
:goodposting: Seriously, Are you making this stuff up?
Nope...not at all Sea Bass.This thread seems quite lopsided with people who want to say I am taking it too seriously. I'm actually not...I am just asking questions, pointing out the hypocrisy, and like they do time and time again they simply bash whoever asks the question and degrade them as much as they can get away with. I'm not on the side of the fence the rest of the posters were on so they start bashing me. It's comical really.
:XIs that what you really think?Apparently, reality was too boring for you.

wheelhouse is being a good sport here. nobody is trying to make him feel bad or "shamed" or whatever.

he starts some unique threads on topics that most people probably wouldn't think could be thread-worthy, but they wind up getting quite a few replies.

some examples

"Words I have never used before. You give me a word, I'll tell you if I've ever used it"

it's funny stuff and some of the ideas in this thread were funny too. people appreciate his contributions. sometimes, people are actually being sincere when they say it's meant as a tribute. I'm positive Fro and shuke felt that way when they started two almost identical threads on the same topic.
:goodposting:

MoP - In no way was thread meant to bash my man Wheelhouse. I think he is a comedic genius. The threads he starts has me rolling. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that that is what this thead is. Wheelhouse, if you feel mocked, I do apologizr that was not my intention. One thing that I've learned is creating a thread where posters can reply by being creative and funny always gets the best responses. This thread is one of those. I think a majority of the posters would agree that no one is basjing wheelhouse. we are having fun using his inspiration as our motive. He is a like a FFA buddy we have. If my real life buddies stopped tooling on me than I know they would not be real buddies. You tool on your buddies a little. That's it nothing more.
:goodposting: It's pretty sad that you had to break it down like this for him, though. I can't imagine being the type of person that looks forward to getting up each day with the express purpose of trolling message boards and getting all worked up over internet chatter from people you will probably never meet in real life. Truly pathetic in every sense of the word.Wheelhouse, your threads have been a good topic of discussion for a long time. They're funny. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

:shock: Seriously, Are you making this stuff up?
Nope...not at all Sea Bass.This thread seems quite lopsided with people who want to say I am taking it too seriously. I'm actually not...I am just asking questions, pointing out the hypocrisy, and like they do time and time again they simply bash whoever asks the question and degrade them as much as they can get away with. I'm not on the side of the fence the rest of the posters were on so they start bashing me. It's comical really.
:lmao:

wow, MoP goes nucular.

:no: at the seriousness.

YOU CAN'T BASH FBG SOMEPLACE ELSE AND THEN BE ALLOWED TO POST HERE!)$&!@)$&!

;)

I'd like to voice my support for getting MOP on the staff ASAP.
seconded
I think we can get some traction here and make this happen with a grass roots campaign. I'm really not sure how he's been overlooked this long. The combination of his knowledge and people skills makes this a no brainer. Lord knows he's too humble to campaign for it himself, so its up to us to do it for him :lmao:

Gambino said:
ScottNorwood said:
Gambino said:
I'd like to voice my support for getting MOP on the staff ASAP.
seconded
I think we can get some traction here and make this happen with a grass roots campaign. I'm really not sure how he's been overlooked this long. The combination of his knowledge and people skills makes this a no brainer. Lord knows he's too humble to campaign for it himself, so its up to us to do it for him :goodposting:
I think they ended the grass roots nominations once Levin got in, thank god. :goodposting:

Fullback Fro said:
Comedic genius?That might be taking things a tad too far. But I'll eat those words if it turns out the Wheelhouse's FFA product has been shtick all along. If that's the case he skyrockets to #1, and a veritable Andy Kaufmann of the FFA; an all-time hall of famer.

But I don't think its the case. I think Wheelhouse is just the kind of poster that will go off on a stream of conciousness and post whatever pops into his head. There doesn't seem to be any filter in operation.

Which is an amazing contradiction when you consider the thought (or at least work) that goes into his weekly stats/observations thread in the shark pool. In fact, it was that contradiction that led me to start posting replies that appear in those SP threads in his more banal efforts in the FFA. (Which led to this exchange.)

But there's no hatred intended. And since Wheelhouse seems perfectly capable of handling the heat (for Christ's sake, he was already an FFA verb after what happened with the cell phone photos), I'm at a loss as to why MoP felt he needed to step in. :lmao:

Fullback Fro said:
Comedic genius?That might be taking things a tad too far. But I'll eat those words if it turns out the Wheelhouse's FFA product has been shtick all along. If that's the case he skyrockets to #1, and a veritable Andy Kaufmann of the FFA; an all-time hall of famer.

But I don't think its the case. I think Wheelhouse is just the kind of poster that will go off on a stream of conciousness and post whatever pops into his head. There doesn't seem to be any filter in operation.

Which is an amazing contradiction when you consider the thought (or at least work) that goes into his weekly stats/observations thread in the shark pool. In fact, it was that contradiction that led me to start posting replies that appear in those SP threads in his more banal efforts in the FFA. (Which led to this exchange.)

But there's no hatred intended. And since Wheelhouse seems perfectly capable of handling the heat (for Christ's sake, he was already an FFA verb after what happened with the cell phone photos), I'm at a loss as to why MoP felt he needed to step in. :no:
You should try talking to him. :shock:

Aaron Rudnicki said:

some examples

:lmao: What I love about where this thread has gone is now you've got MoP doing his usual going nuclear with people interjecting future Wheelhouse thread titles. This is an awesome blend of shtickery.

:lmao:

"Is it weird I like to cut my nails?"

"I peeled the label off my iced tea bottle"

"What is your 6th favorite smiley?"

"Interesting stats and tidbits: Scott Baio Edition"

AND AND AND this is a GD Football site. I know you and many others feel it's the tree house free for all 1st but it isn't. There is nothing but football that is produced on a football site. It is Footballguys, right? You all are lucky Joe even gives you this little pool to come into everyday and prop yourselves up.
The Shark Pool (NFL Talk) 160 User(s) are browsing this forum (66 Guests and 6 Anonymous Users)Footballguys Free For All339 User(s) are browsing this forum (81 Guests and 5 Anonymous Users) :lmao:

"What do your grandparents smell like?"

"Poll: Your favorite type of maple tree"

"Pickup basketball....shirts or skins?"

"Christmas presents....bows, ribbons, or both?"

Left or Right. Which leg do you put in your pants first?

I went over a speed bump today.

Mouthwash Whatcha got?

Clock-wise or Counter Clock-wise. Which way does the water go when you flush?

Can you make the fart noise with your hand and armpit?

So I met a guy named Paul today.

Left or Right. Which leg do you put in your pants first? Right

I went over a speed bump today. I went over 7 of them, 3 more to go.

Mouthwash Whatcha got? Grey Goose. You can swallow it right?

Clock-wise or Counter Clock-wise. Which way does the water go when you flush? Clockwise

Can you make the fart noise with your hand and armpit? Only one side.

So I met a guy named Paul today. I didn't

Users who are viewing this thread