Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Raider Nation

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread

I like how Hunter was in one of the first and one of the last scenes of the show :coffee:

It's nice to know people.

• Like 1

On my first run through the series, up to S6E14. Great show, horrible thread (at least the first 5 pages), some of you guys can turn anything to ####.

Was there a greater era in TV history than the early-mid 2000's? Hard to believe The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Deadwood, and Six Feet Under were on at the same time.

Edited by chauncey

On my first run through the series, up to S6E14. Great show, horrible thread (at least the first 5 pages), some of you guys can turn anything to ####.

Was there a greater era in TV history than the early-mid 2000's? Hard to believe The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Deadwood, and Six Feet Under were on at the same time.

Deadwood came about a bit later, but otherwise yeah, it was a great era. Don't forget Lost (even though it went down the ####ter). Alias was also a guilty pleasure.

Seven minute recap of Sopranos season 1 through end of last season.

These recaps are always entertaining.

Tony has had so many funny lines but I think this one stood out the most to me:

"He could technically not have penissary contact with her volvo" :cry:

About 6 episodes left. I think binge watching the series gives a different feel to it. I thought S1 & S2 were slow, mid S3 through S4 were the best, S5 & S6a were the worst, and S6b is finishing steady. I started this right after watching The Shield so that may have influenced my S1 & S2 experience, everything is going to seem slow after watching Vic and the Strike Team #### #### up for 80 hours. I have a feeling that Sopranos will only get better on repeat viewings.

Things I hope to see in the final 6 hours: Meadow gets on stage at the Bing, the Russian makes an appearance, Tony murders the rapist, Janice and AJ go into Witness Protection, Tony fidgeting in the chair in Melfi's office, Junior going out like a gangster, a dream by someone involving Adriana in a thong, and one last meal at Vesuvios. Unfortunately the final scene was spoiled for me years ago, but I am still looking forward to seeing how they get from here to th.......

I thought S1 & S2 were slow, mid S3 through S4 were the best, S5 & S6a were the worst, and S6b is finishing steady.

Interesting,

For me, 1 and 2 were by far the best.

3 was fantastic, despite a couple of hiccups (the two episodes preceding Pine Barrens).

4 had some awesome episodes, but some major clunkers as well, not to mention that dumb Furio storyline.

5 is mostly great, with In Camelot standing out as awful. Still the 3rd best overall season (after 1 and 2).

6a was good.

6b is a little better than 6a, although it just had such a different feel from the rest of the series. It was much darker.

Edited by Ghost Rider

Wow I think that's the first time I've heard anything negative about the first two seasons.

How can you think Richie ####in Aprile is slow???

• Like 1

Deadwood came about a bit later, but otherwise yeah, it was a great era. Don't forget Lost (even though it went down the ####ter). Alias was also a guilty pleasure.
Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones combo is pretty strong.
  • Like 1

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones combo is pretty strong.

And Boardwalk Empire

Wow I think that's the first time I've heard anything negative about the first two seasons.

How can you think Richie ####in Aprile is slow???

Like I said, I was coming off of a Shield marathon, anything would have seemed slow. No doubt I will change my mind on second viewing.

Happy Belated Columbus Day!

ETA: NSFW

Edited by chauncey

Lol

Stop blowin your nose I wanna hear this

• Like 1

Having just re-watched this, I had forgotten just how slow/boring the dream/coma episodes were. Felt like the 'real' writers took a break and let a college student write those episodes.

• Like 1

Having just re-watched this, I had forgotten just how slow/boring the dream/coma episodes were. Felt like the 'real' writers took a break and let a college student write those episodes.

Great episodes IMO

Having just re-watched this, I had forgotten just how slow/boring the dream/coma episodes were. Felt like the 'real' writers took a break and let a college student write those episodes

IM SURE THERES AN EPISODE OF THE WIRE COMING UP SOON

"You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians, guy was an interior decorator."

"His house looked like ####."

Edited by Doctor Detroit
  • Like 1

"You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians, guy was an interior decorator."

"His house looked like ####."

"Mix it with da relish!"

5 minutes ago, Raider Nation said:

Interesting that's your all time favorite?  Is that Happy Wanderer?

What a tough decision but gun to my head I'd go Funhouse. 

Happy Wanderer would be in my top tier as well, along with probably a dozen other episodes (Second Opinion, Another Toothpick, The Knight in White Satin Armor, Long Term Parking, etc.). 

Man looking over the season 2 list, wow. House Arrest, love it. 

Think I'm due to rewatch. 

House Arrest is probably one of the episodes I have watched the most.  Junior was always money, but especially so in that one. 

I've been watching this again since my girl has never seen it. Holy frijole it's even better than I remembered. It feels like it just ended but the first season was 17 freakin' years ago.

Makes me want to visit The Wire and Breaking Bad again just to get the hierarchy straight. Such good TV.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RBM said:

Man looking over the season 2 list, wow. House Arrest, love it. 

Think I'm due to rewatch. 

Richie Aprile and Junior set an amazingly high bar that year.  it was, imo, the greatest season in tube history. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

"Hey, you think on your way out, you could roll the garbages down the hill? Tomorrow's pickup day." 

I don't remember this quote.  What episode is it from?  I just googled it and nothing came up.

Edited by NewlyRetired

On 3/17/2016 at 4:13 AM, bananafish said:

I've been watching this again since my girl has never seen it. Holy frijole it's even better than I remembered. It feels like it just ended but the first season was 17 freakin' years ago.

Makes me want to visit The Wire and Breaking Bad again just to get the hierarchy straight. Such good TV.

This kind of makes me want to get divorced so I can get in a new relationship and be able to re-watch these 3 shows anew.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I don't remember this quote.  What episode is it from?  I just googled it and nothing came up.

Bust Out. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Raider Nation said:

Nothing earth-shattering but worth the time.

I've watched half.  Better than I expected.  Thanks for posting.

It also made me long for simpler times when Jared was allowed to be around a group of children.

You're my nephew Christaphuh, and I love you. And that's the only reason you're alive right now. If it had been anybody else--anybody--they would have had that effing intervention right through the back of their head

Edited by Encyclopedia Brown
  • Like 1

Just finished re-watching this after seeing it 11 years ago. So much I forgot about. Almost like watching it for the first time. Almost. So, did he get offed in the last scene by Members only or what?

Just finished this again.  Didn't remember a lot of the details.  Enjoyed it more this time.  I think he lived at the end.