What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (3 Viewers)

'skillz said:
I talked with the PA on the phone Sunday and have a date with her set up for Thursday night so hopefully that goes better. Just a low key meeting where we eat some ice cream and go for a stroll. Looking forward to it...
This date was okay. She wasn't real talkative and when she did talk I found out she had just gotten out of her divorce and had been cheated on and I was her first date since. She was pretty messed up emotionally. I decided to stay far away from that mess so I didn't go out with her again.Meeting an attorney tonight for a quick beer before the Detroit Tigers game tonight. Set it up a week ago but she keeps sending me messages about it everyday so she seems real high maintenance. Should be interesting.

Trying to set up another date with a cute, blonde teacher that I am at the email stage with right now (seems like there are a ton of teachers and nurses on eharmony for some reason). Never dated a blonde before so I am intrigued. I will say though that she keeps talking about all the degrees she has and how she needs a man with intellect but she misspells a ton of words whenever she writes a message. :doh: Good thing she is a teacher, huh?
Met with the high maintenance attorney before the Detroit Tigers game. She had her two kids with her which she never mentioned anything about to be beforehand. It was odd introducing myself to her and then have her 5 and 8 year old kids start blurting out questions like "who is he?" I did some quick chit chat over a beer and got the heck out of there in about 10 minutes. Just told her it looked like she was busy and didn't want to impose on her day, glad we were able to meet, enjoy the game, and then ran away. A day later she somehow figures out who I am and friend requests me on FB. I ignore the request. She then sends me a pissy email (somehow she found my work email online - probably from my profile on my law firm's website after figuring out my name) two days later making a big deal about why I didn't accept her request. Told her I just met her and that I don't just friend people I just met and don't take it personally. She still made a big deal out of it so I used that as an opening to just say she seemed to be real confrontational over non-issues and that it was best we don't talk anymore if she was going to have such an attitude with me. That ended that.

In the meantime, I went out on a date with a teacher. She is 32, good looking, and a blonde - which I have never dated before. Divorced with 3 kids though. In her hey day before she had kids I bet she was a complete knockout. She runs and is physically active with a nice rack and good body so I figured what the heck might as well meet up with her. Ended up doing mini golf, and then headed out for a dinner since things were going well. Talked a ton and got along very well. After dinner we hung out a local bar for a few more drinks. Drove her back to her car since it was still at the restaurant. Made out with her for a bit in the car before she left. Scheduled another date for this past Friday.

Picked her up at her place and took her to the driving range this time - she really likes golf so I told her we'd have some fun at the range and just talk some more. After that we went to dinner and drinks. Ended up dropping her off at her place and we made out some more in the car. She then asks if I want to go inside for some wine. Uh, sure no problem. End up talking to her for about 10 minutes on the couch before we start making out again. Put down our wine glasses at that point and start going at it on the couch. Everything comes off at that point except for our shorts. At that point I get the pleasant surprise of finding out that she had a boob job and is now sporting 36DDD's. I guess I can knock off being able to experience fun time with a gal who had a boob job off the bucket list now. Anyway, we go at it on the couch for a while and then she says she wants to stop for a bit so we get back to drinking the rest of the wine. I could tell she really wanted to have sex but was conflicted about giving it up on the second date. (From what she told me, she met her husband at 19, got married at 21 and was with him until about 2 years ago so she didn't really date around a ton previously and was just starting back up now). She says we should probably stop for the night and I should go home. I figure, no big deal, I'll leave and, by the next date, I'll be able to close the deal. I didn't have any condoms with me anyway (rookie move as I never expected I'd get that far with her on date 2) and there wasn't really a place nearby so I told her I'd go and we'd just figure out another time to meet up.

So we get to the front door and I kiss her goodbye. We start making out again and end up back on the couch. She says to me that if we go back on the couch that she won't be able to control herself and her pants are gonna have to come off. She says she wants to have sex real bad but doesn't have any condoms. I don't want to get some because a store is real far away and if I do that by the time I come back she could change her mind. I just tell her don't worry we can work around that and we keep making out. After a few minutes of that I tell her we should go to her room so we have more space than the couch to fool around. Get her upstairs, and the pants come off within one minute. She starts up with a ton of dirty talk about how she wants me to f her hard, be inside her, etc. So I oblige. End up having sex with her without a condom but obviously don't do anything stupid with my little guys. At that point, I wanted to leave her place and go home. She comes out of the bathroom though and says are you gonna sleep over now. Felt bad about leaving at that point so I stayed over. Not all bad though. Middle of the night she gets up and we start going at it again. Tried out a whole bunch of new positions the second time around and, for some reason, she is really into the dirty talk and likes things a bit rough. Never really been with a gal like that and, whenever she has been like that, it usually comes out a bit later not the first time we are messing around.

So, I must say this idating thing is pretty good. Yes, there are some crazies and people you meet that don't look anything like their pictures, but if you have any decent amount of game it doesn't take too long to get results. As far as eharmony goes, the line "even though we just met it seems like we've known each other a long time since we've already been communicating" seems to work very well. In the female's mind it lets her give you a pass for only being on date #1 or #2 and accelerate things without feeling like a slut. At least that's my take. Anyway, I've read so many stories in this thread over the years I figured I might as well share one of my own for once.
:confused: Surprised you go for a kiss on the first date.

I NEVER do. It's not a confidence thing really but you can only really tell if they are into you based on whether or not they agree to a 2nd date. I always wait until the 2nd date...on the first meeting she's never going to say anything negative. There's been times when I know I could have, but you have to exert some authority and control. It's paid off - I've closed all the way on a 2nd date many times. You know they are interested at that point/Also a tip for the new guys. Never ASK a girl if you can kiss her. Terrible idea - women like a man that are just going to do it. I've been given the side of the head a few times, you get over it quickly. If you want to plant one on her - just do it. I see too many dudes who ask first - awful awful awful - she's going to think you are a ###### (clinical name for a female reproductive organ)
I'm actually shocked if I don't have sex or at least go pretty far on the first date.

I've had an interesting problem on Match the last few weeks. I've sent initial e-mails to a few chicks with the standard semi-witty joke and a few sentences about what we might have in common. These chicks then replied back to me seemingly interested and asking some basic questions about me (very light, on-the-surface type info - e.g., how long have you lived out here, where do you hang out for fun, etc.). I'd send a response back with a little bit more witty banter and light questions and then ask if she wants to meet for a drink (wanting to keep the first date pretty casual). For three chicks now, I've received no response back at all following my reply to their own e-mails. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here - I figure if the chicks were not interested, they would not have sent me the initial e-mail back to me. Or is it this common for chicks to be this flaky on Match? :shrug:ETA: In case this is of any importance, all of the chicks are mid-30s, no kids, professional job. It could be that they get scared of me having a kid, but they should have seen that from my initial e-mail as it's listed in my profile.
if you are interested in them then nothing wrong with a follow up anywhere from "you lost interest?" to "Don't know if my last e-mail went through, looking forward to your reply". You could even pull the "I'm busy" move such as "Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I've been so swamped with work and traveling I've been super busy. I'm back now and would like to get to know you more, what is your schedule this week so we can go get drinks". That works more times than not. You are basically telling them that you are busy and not lonely and also you are taking charge. I am sure you have heard a lot of women complain about men not stepping up to the plate and taking charge so this usually works for me. If they don't reply then move on.A great mindset change in me seemed to reap a lot of benefits and here it is: I know I'm a great guy and have a ton to offer but that also means that I am not every girl's cup of tea so to speak. Confidence is key and don't get hung up on stuff that only lowers that from your end. Women are nothing like men and you'll never know what they like or don't. I constantly go out with attractive women. I've had friends of mine (who are girls) joke about why are very attractive girls going out with me, I tell them "I don't date ugly women". I'm not unattractive but I am not model leading man actor looking either. Chicks (most of them) don't care. I always have in my mind that if I don't get a change at one girl there are a lot behind them.

'skillz said:
I talked with the PA on the phone Sunday and have a date with her set up for Thursday night so hopefully that goes better. Just a low key meeting where we eat some ice cream and go for a stroll. Looking forward to it...
This date was okay. She wasn't real talkative and when she did talk I found out she had just gotten out of her divorce and had been cheated on and I was her first date since. She was pretty messed up emotionally. I decided to stay far away from that mess so I didn't go out with her again.Meeting an attorney tonight for a quick beer before the Detroit Tigers game tonight. Set it up a week ago but she keeps sending me messages about it everyday so she seems real high maintenance. Should be interesting.

Trying to set up another date with a cute, blonde teacher that I am at the email stage with right now (seems like there are a ton of teachers and nurses on eharmony for some reason). Never dated a blonde before so I am intrigued. I will say though that she keeps talking about all the degrees she has and how she needs a man with intellect but she misspells a ton of words whenever she writes a message. :doh: Good thing she is a teacher, huh?
Met with the high maintenance attorney before the Detroit Tigers game. She had her two kids with her which she never mentioned anything about to be beforehand. It was odd introducing myself to her and then have her 5 and 8 year old kids start blurting out questions like "who is he?" I did some quick chit chat over a beer and got the heck out of there in about 10 minutes. Just told her it looked like she was busy and didn't want to impose on her day, glad we were able to meet, enjoy the game, and then ran away. A day later she somehow figures out who I am and friend requests me on FB. I ignore the request. She then sends me a pissy email (somehow she found my work email online - probably from my profile on my law firm's website after figuring out my name) two days later making a big deal about why I didn't accept her request. Told her I just met her and that I don't just friend people I just met and don't take it personally. She still made a big deal out of it so I used that as an opening to just say she seemed to be real confrontational over non-issues and that it was best we don't talk anymore if she was going to have such an attitude with me. That ended that.

In the meantime, I went out on a date with a teacher. She is 32, good looking, and a blonde - which I have never dated before. Divorced with 3 kids though. In her hey day before she had kids I bet she was a complete knockout. She runs and is physically active with a nice rack and good body so I figured what the heck might as well meet up with her. Ended up doing mini golf, and then headed out for a dinner since things were going well. Talked a ton and got along very well. After dinner we hung out a local bar for a few more drinks. Drove her back to her car since it was still at the restaurant. Made out with her for a bit in the car before she left. Scheduled another date for this past Friday.

Picked her up at her place and took her to the driving range this time - she really likes golf so I told her we'd have some fun at the range and just talk some more. After that we went to dinner and drinks. Ended up dropping her off at her place and we made out some more in the car. She then asks if I want to go inside for some wine. Uh, sure no problem. End up talking to her for about 10 minutes on the couch before we start making out again. Put down our wine glasses at that point and start going at it on the couch. Everything comes off at that point except for our shorts. At that point I get the pleasant surprise of finding out that she had a boob job and is now sporting 36DDD's. I guess I can knock off being able to experience fun time with a gal who had a boob job off the bucket list now. Anyway, we go at it on the couch for a while and then she says she wants to stop for a bit so we get back to drinking the rest of the wine. I could tell she really wanted to have sex but was conflicted about giving it up on the second date. (From what she told me, she met her husband at 19, got married at 21 and was with him until about 2 years ago so she didn't really date around a ton previously and was just starting back up now). She says we should probably stop for the night and I should go home. I figure, no big deal, I'll leave and, by the next date, I'll be able to close the deal. I didn't have any condoms with me anyway (rookie move as I never expected I'd get that far with her on date 2) and there wasn't really a place nearby so I told her I'd go and we'd just figure out another time to meet up.

So we get to the front door and I kiss her goodbye. We start making out again and end up back on the couch. She says to me that if we go back on the couch that she won't be able to control herself and her pants are gonna have to come off. She says she wants to have sex real bad but doesn't have any condoms. I don't want to get some because a store is real far away and if I do that by the time I come back she could change her mind. I just tell her don't worry we can work around that and we keep making out. After a few minutes of that I tell her we should go to her room so we have more space than the couch to fool around. Get her upstairs, and the pants come off within one minute. She starts up with a ton of dirty talk about how she wants me to f her hard, be inside her, etc. So I oblige. End up having sex with her without a condom but obviously don't do anything stupid with my little guys. At that point, I wanted to leave her place and go home. She comes out of the bathroom though and says are you gonna sleep over now. Felt bad about leaving at that point so I stayed over. Not all bad though. Middle of the night she gets up and we start going at it again. Tried out a whole bunch of new positions the second time around and, for some reason, she is really into the dirty talk and likes things a bit rough. Never really been with a gal like that and, whenever she has been like that, it usually comes out a bit later not the first time we are messing around.

So, I must say this idating thing is pretty good. Yes, there are some crazies and people you meet that don't look anything like their pictures, but if you have any decent amount of game it doesn't take too long to get results. As far as eharmony goes, the line "even though we just met it seems like we've known each other a long time since we've already been communicating" seems to work very well. In the female's mind it lets her give you a pass for only being on date #1 or #2 and accelerate things without feeling like a slut. At least that's my take. Anyway, I've read so many stories in this thread over the years I figured I might as well share one of my own for once.
:confused: Surprised you go for a kiss on the first date.

I NEVER do. It's not a confidence thing really but you can only really tell if they are into you based on whether or not they agree to a 2nd date. I always wait until the 2nd date...on the first meeting she's never going to say anything negative. There's been times when I know I could have, but you have to exert some authority and control. It's paid off - I've closed all the way on a 2nd date many times. You know they are interested at that point/Also a tip for the new guys. Never ASK a girl if you can kiss her. Terrible idea - women like a man that are just going to do it. I've been given the side of the head a few times, you get over it quickly. If you want to plant one on her - just do it. I see too many dudes who ask first - awful awful awful - she's going to think you are a ###### (clinical name for a female reproductive organ)
I'm actually shocked if I don't have sex or at least go pretty far on the first date.
Bad wording. I consider the meet for a drink the first date. If she agrees to dinner or to go somewhere else after I pretty much consider that 2nd date territory. I missed the part of his post where they ended up gallivanting around town/

I've had an interesting problem on Match the last few weeks. I've sent initial e-mails to a few chicks with the standard semi-witty joke and a few sentences about what we might have in common. These chicks then replied back to me seemingly interested and asking some basic questions about me (very light, on-the-surface type info - e.g., how long have you lived out here, where do you hang out for fun, etc.). I'd send a response back with a little bit more witty banter and light questions and then ask if she wants to meet for a drink (wanting to keep the first date pretty casual).

For three chicks now, I've received no response back at all following my reply to their own e-mails. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here - I figure if the chicks were not interested, they would not have sent me the initial e-mail back to me. Or is it this common for chicks to be this flaky on Match?

:shrug:

ETA: In case this is of any importance, all of the chicks are mid-30s, no kids, professional job. It could be that they get scared of me having a kid, but they should have seen that from my initial e-mail as it's listed in my profile.
Most likely you're asking them too soon to meet for drinks. Some of the chicks on there are scared of serial killers and rapists. That'd be my guess anyway - I usually give it 5-10 days before asking to meet up for a drink/
I disagree. Attractive girls are in high demand on these sites. They get a ton of messages and can lose interest quickly. Therefore the window of opportunity is limited.If you have her interest, you make a move after exchanging just a few messages of witty banter. "Let's meet for a drink. How's Thursday?"
Completely agree, with a caveat. I've been most successful by like the second mesage exchange either offering my number or getting theirs Then, either through a phone call or text set up drinks almost right away. I fund this effective I think because it moves it off the dating website medium (still weird for some girls) and shows some assertiveness. Looking back, actually the final 4-5 dates I had, including the now gf, in the second message to them (possibly within the same day as the first even) I let them know weshould give a drink (usually accompanied by a witty reason why) and then give my number. This accomplishes three things: 1. shows assertiveness, 2. Shows confidence that I'm not desperate enough for their number and know they'll call me, 3. puts the ball in their court so they still feel in control.

'Zow said:
I've had an interesting problem on Match the last few weeks. I've sent initial e-mails to a few chicks with the standard semi-witty joke and a few sentences about what we might have in common. These chicks then replied back to me seemingly interested and asking some basic questions about me (very light, on-the-surface type info - e.g., how long have you lived out here, where do you hang out for fun, etc.). I'd send a response back with a little bit more witty banter and light questions and then ask if she wants to meet for a drink (wanting to keep the first date pretty casual).

For three chicks now, I've received no response back at all following my reply to their own e-mails. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here - I figure if the chicks were not interested, they would not have sent me the initial e-mail back to me. Or is it this common for chicks to be this flaky on Match?

ETA: In case this is of any importance, all of the chicks are mid-30s, no kids, professional job. It could be that they get scared of me having a kid, but they should have seen that from my initial e-mail as it's listed in my profile.
Most likely you're asking them too soon to meet for drinks. Some of the chicks on there are scared of serial killers and rapists. That'd be my guess anyway - I usually give it 5-10 days before asking to meet up for a drink/
I disagree. Attractive girls are in high demand on these sites. They get a ton of messages and can lose interest quickly. Therefore the window of opportunity is limited.If you have her interest, you make a move after exchanging just a few messages of witty banter. "Let's meet for a drink. How's Thursday?"
Completely agree, with a caveat. I've been most successful by like the second mesage exchange either offering my number or getting theirs Then, either through a phone call or text set up drinks almost right away. I fund this effective I think because it moves it off the dating website medium (still weird for some girls) and shows some assertiveness. Looking back, actually the final 4-5 dates I had, including the now gf, in the second message to them (possibly within the same day as the first even) I let them know weshould give a drink (usually accompanied by a witty reason why) and then give my number. This accomplishes three things: 1. shows assertiveness, 2. Shows confidence that I'm not desperate enough for their number and know they'll call me, 3. puts the ball in their court so they still feel in control.
Interesting... and what percentage of chicks did you actually hear back from after you gave them your number?

Interesting... and what percentage of chicks did you actually hear back from after you gave them your number?
Have done it probably 7-8 times and only had one (coincidentally the one I was most attracted to) not at least text me within a day or two. I should note it is also successful because there are a lot of women on the site VERY hesitant to give out their number. I actually joked to my current gf last night that she got my number first and sh retorted if I didn't provide it I would have never gotten hers because she wasn't going to give it out cold. Says every girl she knows who has done idating have all said to not give out their numbers willy nilly. Doing it first lets them keep to this rule and probably seems way less aggressive/stalkerish.

So have any of you had success with plenty of fish?
I've nailed more chicks from that site than any other.
Yep, same here for me at least in terms of bedding them rate. However, that correllates with their rate of craziness. I seriously think EVERY girl I went out with on there, from the ultra-senstitive abortion chick (story told here a few years ago), to the 35 year old girl who thinks sex ruins relationships (she initially seemed so normal, too), to the cute but incredibly direct 24 year old a couple years ago who informed, when i tried to be romantic, that we're done because she just wanted to use me for sex, to the girl kicked out of the military who claimed sex felt like cancer, finally to the girl who literally stalked me (documented on here), broke into my place, and i woke up with her on top of me. All easily beddable. All guaranteed crazy.

Would you date a heavy hitter than recently had lap band surgery but is a surgeon and makes over $150,000 dollars a year and drives a Porsche?Sort of like investing in stock when it's 2 dollars with the hope it'll be 50 dollars in another 9 months? Of course with the risk the stock collapses after she eats through the lap band?Of course, you'd have to hide her from your friends until the stock reached 50 dollars.Dead serious question.
Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Nothing worse than a fat girl who won't accept that she's fat.

plenty
You like em big, right? Just did a search and even knocking out the heifers so many fat chicks on there, I guess they are "average" if they are comparing themselves to the other profiles on this site. Plenty of Fat
My go to size is "a few extra pounds." They're all well over 150 and quite a few are pushing 200. Target rich environment.

plenty
You like em big, right? Just did a search and even knocking out the heifers so many fat chicks on there, I guess they are "average" if they are comparing themselves to the other profiles on this site. Plenty of Fat
My go to size is "a few extra pounds." They're all well over 150 and quite a few are pushing 200. Target rich environment.
:lmao: Between "few" and "extra" exists an implied "dozen".

Also a tip for the new guys. Never ASK a girl if you can kiss her. Terrible idea - women like a man that are just going to do it. I've been given the side of the head a few times, you get over it quickly. If you want to plant one on her - just do it. I see too many dudes who ask first - awful awful awful - she's going to think you are a ###### (clinical name for a female reproductive organ)
I second this. I've turned to catch it on the cheek but asking is lame.

Also a tip for the new guys. Never ASK a girl if you can kiss her. Terrible idea - women like a man that are just going to do it. I've been given the side of the head a few times, you get over it quickly. If you want to plant one on her - just do it. I see too many dudes who ask first - awful awful awful - she's going to think you are a ###### (clinical name for a female reproductive organ)
I second this. I've turned to catch it on the cheek but asking is lame.
Seems awfully forward and probably involves some major flexibility :excited:

plenty
:lmao: Between "few" and "extra" exists an implied "dozen".
:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like skinny women. I like 'em average to 10 pounds above average with big boobies, and blond. It's the way I've always been - I can't help it.

I don't know if this is accurately only slightly above average but 5'6"/5'7" 145-150 pounds maybe?

Jordan from Big Brother is my perfect woman as far as proportions go.

The problem on match is distinguishing which girls are a few extra pounds IRL or a few extra pounds in the 3 year old pictures they put up. I have to get better at recognizing new pictures from old.

I like a bit of extra weight if a good chunk of it goes to the boob. Also love skinny girls. And chicks with no boob but alotta backside. Well, really I like anything. All kinds of sexy out there. :thumbup:

plenty
I'm not sure where you live but there are no more fatties on pof than any other site. At least not ratio-wise.
I live in Austin and have to extend my search out to San Antonio if I want a better pool. I'm surprised since there's not a lot of fat people here then again perhaps that's the reason they are on POF. Strange.

I don't like skinny women. I like 'em average to 10 pounds above average with big boobies, and blond. It's the way I've always been - I can't help it.

I don't know if this is accurately only slightly above average but 5'6"/5'7" 145-150 pounds maybe?

Jordan from Big Brother is my perfect woman as far as proportions go.

The problem on match is distinguishing which girls are a few extra pounds IRL or a few extra pounds in the 3 year old pictures they put up. I have to get better at recognizing new pictures from old.
That chick on POF would label herself as thin or athletic

I usually switch between eHarmony and match. Currently doing a 3 month stint on eHarmony. It's for the birds. First of all, I hate how you can't be specific about the geographic area you want to search in. I live in a big city, there's plenty of females here to date. Yet getting matched with chicks from another big city 30 miles away that I have no interest in dating.

This will be my last run on eHarmony.

plenty
I have a GB of mine that I'm trying to help out as a gesture for landing me a job. He's 1000X better looking than his FB photos.(the worst when it comes to taking photos.)What's the key to instant success with out looking desperate on his part?oh uh,(he's 25, and has a full time job.)

plenty
I have a GB of mine that I'm trying to help out as a gesture for landing me a job. He's 1000X better looking than his FB photos.(the worst when it comes to taking photos.)What's the key to instant success with out looking desperate on his part?oh uh,(he's 25, and has a full time job.)
Reginald gave a step by step how to guide a couple pages back. Read that.

plenty
Thanks.

plenty
I have a GB of mine that I'm trying to help out as a gesture for landing me a job. He's 1000X better looking than his FB photos.(the worst when it comes to taking photos.)What's the key to instant success with out looking desperate on his part?

oh uh,(he's 25, and has a full time job.)
Thanks.
Funny, I am the same way. Even my friends joke about it and then end up taking holiday pics of me then come back and say dude your pics aren't that great. The key is for your friend to not sweat it. I've even thrown in this line at one point that seems to work "I'm famous for taking bad pics". First, my pics aren't bad so they usually come back with "Those aren't bad, mine are!" Even good looking chicks fish for compliments then second when you meet them they say "You really are better looking than your pics". If a chick isn't going to believe you whatever there are tons of women out there ready to be plucked from online dating. I will say now come to think of it I haven't used that line at all so it's probably not even needed as long as you project confidence (which is not the same as dbag cocky)

Time to switch to POF?

Woman who was assaulted settles Match.com lawsuit

AP – 10 hrs ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A woman who sued Match.com after being sexually assaulted by a man she met on the dating website settled her lawsuit on Tuesday when she saw proof that the site was screening its members for sexual predators.

Carole Markin sued the website when she found out her attacker had been convicted of sexual battery. She did not seek monetary damages in her lawsuit, just a court order requiring the site to check its members' backgrounds to weed out convicted sex offenders.

"If I save one woman from being attacked, I'm happy," Markin said. "I went into this lawsuit to protect other people, and it worked."

Robert Platt, an attorney for the site, said Match.com has begun checking its members against state and federal sex-offender databases.

Last week Alan Wurtzel, 67, pleaded no contest to assaulting Markin. He could face a year in jail, five years of probation and a lifetime registration as a sex offender when he is sentenced Sept. 19.

Prosecutors said that on their second date last year, Wurtzel drove Markin to her home and followed her inside where he sexually assaulted her while holding her down.

At least in my area, POF is pretty bad in terms of good looking chicks. Seems like in the last year or so it's really dried up. :confused:
I noticed in my new area the quality of girl was significantly higher on eharmony than match, pof, or zoosk. Seriously couldn't have been more impressed by the attractiveness of the average girl on eharm - and I sold the farm a month in for my current gf so I've probbaly let dozens of attractive dates go by the wayside. POF is more of a crapshoot and requires some intended whereas I noticed on eharm I got enough girls initially contacting me I didn't have to go searching.

plenty
I have a GB of mine that I'm trying to help out as a gesture for landing me a job. He's 1000X better looking than his FB photos.(the worst when it comes to taking photos.)What's the key to instant success with out looking desperate on his part?

Thanks.
Funny, I am the same way. Even my friends joke about it and then end up taking holiday pics of me then come back and say dude your pics aren't that great. The key is for your friend to not sweat it. I've even thrown in this line at one point that seems to work "I'm famous for taking bad pics". First, my pics aren't bad so they usually come back with "Those aren't bad, mine are!" Even good looking chicks fish for compliments then second when you meet them they say "You really are better looking than your pics". If a chick isn't going to believe you whatever there are tons of women out there ready to be plucked from online dating. I will say now come to think of it I haven't used that line at all so it's probably not even needed as long as you project confidence (which is not the same as dbag cocky)
I think you gotta be careful though when using that line because it both draws attention to a picture of you in a negative light and implies you are either too lazy to take good pictures or they don't exist. Remember, girls aren't stupid and they can be picky on these sites. If she is already talking to you she has already scoured your pictures and found them to be at least good enough to consider dating you. I hear ya on the difficulty of getting good pictures - I always seem to either think I look bad or don't have any individual pictures of myself - but with cropping the second problem usually can be fixed. Therefore, I think the safer bet is to get pictures of you on there which are as close to what you currently look like (I also recommend a few "action" shots like playing a sport or watr skiing for character). On my recent go round I must have done a much much better job with the pictures because every single girl I met commented that I looked exactly like my photos and that was relieving - which usually led into the, in my experience, very fruitful conversation about blind/idate horror stories of meeting people who looked different than their photos which provides both comic relief to the date and increases your implied value as you don't appear to be a liar like these other people.

At least in my area, POF is pretty bad in terms of good looking chicks. Seems like in the last year or so it's really dried up. :confused:
I noticed in my new area the quality of girl was significantly higher on eharmony than match, pof, or zoosk. Seriously couldn't have been more impressed by the attractiveness of the average girl on eharm - and I sold the farm a month in for my current gf so I've probbaly let dozens of attractive dates go by the wayside. POF is more of a crapshoot and requires some intended whereas I noticed on eharm I got enough girls initially contacting me I didn't have to go searching.
eharmony also has a much higher percentage looking for a relationship.

plenty

Thanks.
I think you gotta be careful though when using that line because it both draws attention to a picture of you in a negative light and implies you are either too lazy to take good pictures or they don't exist. Remember, girls aren't stupid and they can be picky on these sites. If she is already talking to you she has already scoured your pictures and found them to be at least good enough to consider dating you. I hear ya on the difficulty of getting good pictures - I always seem to either think I look bad or don't have any individual pictures of myself - but with cropping the second problem usually can be fixed. Therefore, I think the safer bet is to get pictures of you on there which are as close to what you currently look like (I also recommend a few "action" shots like playing a sport or watr skiing for character). On my recent go round I must have done a much much better job with the pictures because every single girl I met commented that I looked exactly like my photos and that was relieving - which usually led into the, in my experience, very fruitful conversation about blind/idate horror stories of meeting people who looked different than their photos which provides both comic relief to the date and increases your implied value as you don't appear to be a liar like these other people.
Ususally works for me and sure other factors come into play although as of late I haven't used that line. I would also throw out something like "People say I look like Keifer Sutherland" then play it off as if I don't (which I do I guess since many have said it). What's better is shooting text pics since most don't come out great anyway.Speaking of POF I decided to give it a shot yesterday while reading this thread and a very hot chick wrote back and we went to email. She then sent me nude pics (extremely hot) but here was the kicker, her deal is that she just wants to have a baby and wants to be with one man and have sex all the time w/o protection and w/o pulling out. She then said I would not be responsible and even would sign something saying I would never have to pay child support. Two major problems here: 1. I have two kids and don't want anymore and 2. Even if she signed something stating I wouldn't have to pay child support that's not valid in court. This is probably the only time I wish I was clipped so I could say sure no problem and never worry that she will get pregnant. I googled her e-mail addy and found facebook and information on her so she seemed legit.

That's why I've stayed away from that site but I know a few guys who have used it and said they've actually gotten laid more off that site than any other site. Strange.

That's why I've stayed away from that site but I know a few guys who have used it and said they've actually gotten laid more off that site than any other site. Strange.
Broken down into percentages. Let's say laid within the first 3 datesMatch.com 35%eHarmony.com 40%Just from counting off the top of my head. Just depends on the type of women you end up matched up with.

Very true, but in my experience that hasn't meant that they put out more or less (although the last bout of eharmony dating the girls were only putting out part-way then pushing for the relationship).

Yes, some girls on there use eharm bc they only want a relationship, but there are plenty who choose eharm because it seems more reputable and secure. Also, I've met several girls on there looking for a relationship but not opposed to just having a couple bouts of casual sex i the serious route isn't the apparent direction. So, I think you may be missing out not using eharm too.

eHarmony is a joke. I don't remember it being this lame in a long time.

I can't stand the guided communication anymore.

I keep getting matched up with women who I have ZERO attraction to.

Can't wait to swap back to match. Nothing like waking up to a few new "Winks" from an attractive 20-something.

Question for the experienced relationshippers and namely divorcees.

I'm on a third date, we're talking about travel and vacations, places we've been. I've been all across Canada, enjoyed Vancouver, we rented a boat but only ex was allowed to drive it because the cc we used was in his name, wish I'd driven it, fun day, etc.

Date tells me later he was uncomfortable with me calling my ex by name and bringing him up at all. Is this standard? I get being uncomfortable if I was bad mouthing him or whining about it all night but really? Should any ex be taboo entirely? So I shouldn't talk about the last 21 years of my life without tip toeing over names?

Question for the experienced relationshippers and namely divorcees. I'm on a third date, we're talking about travel and vacations, places we've been. I've been all across Canada, enjoyed Vancouver, we rented a boat but only ex was allowed to drive it because the cc we used was in his name, wish I'd driven it, fun day, etc. Date tells me later he was uncomfortable with me calling my ex by name and bringing him up at all. Is this standard? I get being uncomfortable if I was bad mouthing him or whining about it all night but really? Should any ex be taboo entirely? So I shouldn't talk about the last 21 years of my life without tip toeing over names?
He may have self-esteem issues if it bothered him enough to bring it up. When you've been with someone for so long as I think you were, it's almost impossible to talk about anything without mentioning the ex. I went through this when my 1st & I divorced. I had been with her for my entire adult life to that point (I was in my mid-30s when we split) and some of the women I dated seemed a little put off when I would mention her. On the other hand, if I didn't mention her when telling a story about my past, some of those same women would ask "weren't you married then? where was your wife"? :rolleyes: Anyway, I found in general that if I said "the ex" instead of using her name it seemed to be less awkward. I wouldn't sweat it too much. However, as long as you're not letting your ex dominate the conversation, it's probably a bit of a red flag if he's complaining about it.

Question for the experienced relationshippers and namely divorcees. I'm on a third date, we're talking about travel and vacations, places we've been. I've been all across Canada, enjoyed Vancouver, we rented a boat but only ex was allowed to drive it because the cc we used was in his name, wish I'd driven it, fun day, etc. Date tells me later he was uncomfortable with me calling my ex by name and bringing him up at all. Is this standard? I get being uncomfortable if I was bad mouthing him or whining about it all night but really? Should any ex be taboo entirely? So I shouldn't talk about the last 21 years of my life without tip toeing over names?
I agree with Uruk. Don't use his actual name. Just say "the ex". I had a girl I was dating actually use her ex husbands name all the time.Unfortunately, for us divorced folks, being married is a big part of our life and I think it's a true sign you're over your ex when you can talk about them nonchalantly when relating it to stories or anecdotes. Just call him "the ex" and I do think the guy you're seeing might be a bit insecure or possibly controlling if that makes him uncomfortable. Be aware for any other signs and be careful. Most of all - good luck to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread