What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** Official - The Big Bang Theory thread **** (1 Viewer)

show has really picked up with the writing. begining of first season, i didnt think it was going to make it. need more outside of top 3 characters though
They need to bring back the nerdy chick who made it with Leonard last year and then dumped him. She had definite potential as a character. Her feud with Sheldon could be comic gold.
and the rest of the characters from Rosanne
Becky is already working on HIMYM.Sheldon had me laughing out loud with his laundry last night. I think his character is one of the best on television right now.

JAA said:
DCThunder said:
JAA said:
show has really picked up with the writing. begining of first season, i didnt think it was going to make it. need more outside of top 3 characters though
They need to bring back the nerdy chick who made it with Leonard last year and then dumped him. She had definite potential as a character. Her feud with Sheldon could be comic gold.
I never watched Roseanne, so I wouldn't know, although I hear there are several alumni on BBT.

kip stabone said:
JAA said:
DCThunder said:
JAA said:
"Replacement" Becky is already working on HIMYM.Sheldon had me laughing out loud with his laundry last night. I think his character is one of the best on television right now.
fixed :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the episode off my tivo and I have to say Sheldon had me laughing. Good episode and I'll continue to catch the shows off my tivo.

Yeah...without Sheldon, the show would suck. Howard is good too.

Oh...and Penny's pecs looked good last night yet again.

Sheldon in the driving simulator was hilarious. Then Penny hit him in the face with a pillow. A lot of LOL moments last night. :hifive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJBo6HcNyQ = :confused: Sheldon's laugh is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYDr0xoor8 = IM BATMAN!!!!

I was rolling when they showed Howard's bedroom. Black leather on the back of his bed, black silk for bedsheets, and sleeps in a smoking jacket. Plus the Halle Berry poster.
:confused: The Im Batman part gets me everytime.

And was I the only one who wanted a shirt folder like in the first clip?

here it is

http://www.flipfold.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you ever read the Chuck Lorre vanity cards after each episode? They are only on for a few seconds so you have to pause the telly or DVR to get through it. He started them with Darma & Greg and continued with Two and a Half Men and then Big Bang Theory.

Some are better than others but here is last night's:

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #220

Friday morning, October 10, 2008

Watching the market fall as precipitously as the hopes and dreams of NBC and ABC executives, I can't help but think that there are two bets I can make right now. One is on the simple inertia of a world economy created by hundreds of millions of people creating and servicing stuff that other people need and want. The other bet is on canned goods and guns. Since I've never actually fired a weapon and I'm not sure where my can opener is, I've decided to go with bet number one. If I'm wrong and the market continues to descend like a drug-addled hooker with vertigo, it's reasonable to assume that any new world order created by the complete collapse of the free market system will have little use for a comedy writer. For that reason I think it only prudent to hedge my bet. This weekend I plan on learning a few new survival skills, beginning with foraging for berries and hiding from people whose skill set includes shooting wildlife from helicopters. :thumbup:
And another one that was about censorship that aired a few episodes ago:
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #217

CENSORED

Tonight's vanity card is about censorship. It was censored.

As always, you know where to look.

<< >>

1st Aired: 29 September 2008
The link to the actual, uncensored card (I'll be interested in seeing what gets caught by the FBG censor...)
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #217 (CENSORED)

words that confuse the CBS censor

fecund, penal, taint, titmouse, cockamamie, cockatoo, cocksure, coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, #####, prickly, kumquat, titter, cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot, ramrod, come, fallacious, lugubrious, rectify, Uranus, angina, paradiddle, spotted ****, dictum, frock, cunctation, engorge, turgid, stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, **** Butkus, gherkin and, of course, the always bewildering lickety-split.

As you can see, context is everything.

<< >>

1st Aired: Did Not Air

The link to the actual, uncensored card (I'll be interested in seeing what gets caught by the FBG censor...)

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #217 (CENSORED)words that confuse the CBS censorfecund, penal, taint, titmouse, cockamamie, cockatoo, cocksure, coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, #####, prickly, kumquat, titter, cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot, ramrod, come, fallacious, lugubrious, rectify, Uranus, angina, paradiddle, spotted ****, dictum, frock, cunctation, engorge, turgid, stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, **** Butkus, gherkin and, of course, the always bewildering lickety-split.As you can see, context is everything.<< >>1st Aired: Did Not Air
Huh, just one (take the next word in the list and subtract the -ly

Consistantly funny.

I thought the girl was setting up Sheldon to steal his theory.

woof

One of the best shows on TV right now. I was worried the dynamic would grow stale quickly but they're doing a fantastic job with it. I think it's a keeper.

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion." --Sheldon

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion." --Sheldon
The scene at the end, where Howard hears that his mistake led to a major scientific discovery that he can't take credit for, was priceless. And Penny and Leonard in the laundry room was LOL too.

The arguement over which Star Trek movie was the worst was histerical. These writers must be nerds themselves to come up with this stuff.

The arguement over which Star Trek movie was the worst was histerical. These writers must be nerds themselves to come up with this stuff.
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #227Dear George Lucas,May I call you Mr. Lucas? On behalf of the writers of The Big Bang Theory, I would like to thank you for your astounding body of work, which has awakened the child within us and unleashed our dreams. That being said, we hope you don't take offense at our good-natured jest regarding your most recent animated efforts. Yes they were cheap shots, but we can't help but hold you to a higher standard -- a standard of your own making. In closing, we are all looking forward to Indiana Jones 5 - The Curse of the Golden Catheter. Oops, sorry again.Very truly yours,The WritersP.S. To William Shatner, director of Star Trek 5. Go ahead, sue us.

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #227Dear George Lucas,May I call you Mr. Lucas? On behalf of the writers of The Big Bang Theory, I would like to thank you for your astounding body of work, which has awakened the child within us and unleashed our dreams. That being said, we hope you don't take offense at our good-natured jest regarding your most recent animated efforts. Yes they were cheap shots, but we can't help but hold you to a higher standard -- a standard of your own making. In closing, we are all looking forward to Indiana Jones 5 - The Curse of the Golden Catheter. Oops, sorry again.Very truly yours,The WritersP.S. To William Shatner, director of Star Trek 5. Go ahead, sue us.
This was very funny, glad I read it at the end.Did you see the one after 2 & 1/2 men where he thanked some parenting council for complaining about his how and how it improved the ratings, good stuff

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #227

Dear George Lucas,

May I call you Mr. Lucas? On behalf of the writers of The Big Bang Theory, I would like to thank you for your astounding body of work, which has awakened the child within us and unleashed our dreams. That being said, we hope you don't take offense at our good-natured jest regarding your most recent animated efforts. Yes they were cheap shots, but we can't help but hold you to a higher standard -- a standard of your own making. In closing, we are all looking forward to Indiana Jones 5 - The Curse of the Golden Catheter. Oops, sorry again.

Very truly yours,

The Writers

P.S. To William Shatner, director of Star Trek 5. Go ahead, sue us.
This was very funny, glad I read it at the end.Did you see the one after 2 & 1/2 men where he thanked some parenting council for complaining about his how and how it improved the ratings, good stuff
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #226

A special thank you to the Parents Television Council

Every time you single out Two and a Half Men for being a horrible and tasteless television show, our ratings go up. Since you do this pretty regularly, I've gotta believe that's your intention. Well, kudos! Very crafty on your part. Were you to simply label the show as being funny and naughty (what my eighty-nine year old aunt in Fort Lauderdale calls it), our viewership would probably remain unaffected. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm sending you a big box of tasty cupcakes as a way of expressing my gratitude. I hope they add a little sweetness to your next meeting. Keep up the good work Parents Television Council! Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, could you please condemn The Big Bang Theory... and my stock portfolio.
http://www.chucklorre.comsome good stuff in there

Pretty good show again last night. Nice to see they got away from Sheldon and went back to Leonard a bit. Plenty of Penny as well.

This show has been my favorite this season. It has been really good week after week. Last night's ending was great.

Sheldon's mannerisms and facial expressions are just dead on perfect and hilarious. The going in for the hug was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJBo6HcNyQ = :lmao: Sheldon's laugh is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYDr0xoor8 = IM BATMAN!!!!

I was rolling when they showed Howard's bedroom. Black leather on the back of his bed, black silk for bedsheets, and sleeps in a smoking jacket. Plus the Halle Berry poster.
:sadbanana: The Im Batman part gets me everytime.

And was I the only one who wanted a shirt folder like in the first clip?

here it is

http://www.flipfold.com/
I have owned one since 2003. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread