What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rambo (1 Viewer)

prosopis

Arizona Chupacabra
Saw the new Rambo today. It was meh but if you like lots of blood it is good. I never saw so many guys getting shot to ####. It is like the beginning of private ryan to the tenth power. It is not a date movie. Stallone was good. As we all know these movies require you to leave your brain at the door but I have to complain about the claymore. I was never in the military and correct me if I am wrong but this claymore seemed awfull strong. it was like a mini nuclear explosion complete with a mushroom cloud. I thought they were like glorified land mines.

Stallone ripping a guys throat out and disembowling another guy was a nice touch. He is also wicked good with a bow in this movie.

I suggest a matinee with the guys for this film.

I was a little surprised to hear some cheering at some of the killings. Granted the bad guys were pretty bad and had it coming to them but it was so gruesome all I could do was :mellow: and I was surprised to here a few YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! during the killings.

Interestingly everyone in the audience at the show I saw fit a certain demographic. All white guy red necks with bellys about age 35-55. I am included in that group.

Uhhh... The claymore was planted next to a 500 pound bomb.

Unreal action/gore shots.

Rambo has a little help this time.

I haven't seen any first person shooter video games"pink mist"

But this as real as it gets. Edit to say as far as the violence goes

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh... The claymore was planted next to a 500 pound bomb. Unreal action/gore shots. Rambo has a little help this time. I haven't seen any first person shooter video games"pink mist" But this as real as it gets. Edit to say as far as the violence goes
That makes sense to me now. I remember them seeing that bomb on the way in. I didnt realize he set the claymore near it.

Saw the new Rambo today. It was meh but if you like lots of blood it is good. I never saw so many guys getting shot to ####. It is like the beginning of private ryan to the tenth power. It is not a date movie. Stallone was good. As we all know these movies require you to leave your brain at the door but I have to complain about the claymore. I was never in the military and correct me if I am wrong but this claymore seemed awfull strong. it was like a mini nuclear explosion complete with a mushroom cloud. I thought they were like glorified land mines. Stallone ripping a guys throat out and disembowling another guy was a nice touch. He is also wicked good with a bow in this movie.I suggest a matinee with the guys for this film.I was a little surprised to hear some cheering at some of the killings. Granted the bad guys were pretty bad and had it coming to them but it was so gruesome all I could do was :goodposting: and I was surprised to here a few YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! during the killings.Interestingly everyone in the audience at the show I saw fit a certain demographic. All white guy red necks with bellys about age 35-55. I am included in that group.
You somehow managed to sway my opinion on seeing this movie. Prior to this thread, I would have waited til it was out on DVD, now I want to see it this weekend!!!!

5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. :goodposting:
Interestingly everyone in the audience at the show I saw fit a certain demographic. All white guy red necks with bellys about age 35-55. I am included in that group.
3 of us are white, 1 black, and 1 hispanic. None of us are rednecks. Some idiots brought their 10ish year old children to the movie. What tools.

just saw rambo tonight. now there were no rednecks present. Saw it in NYC. however there were a few that were dressed in camouflage and headbands. All in all, it was a good movie. very entertaining. Your not going to get oscar worthy acting. However, if your looking for violence and action. You will see PLENTY. It was the perfect length. Not too long. THere were soo many parts that were hilarious just because of the ridiculous dialogue.

my recommendation. Grab some beers, then go see it. You will have a blast!!

5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. :banned:
3 of us are white, 1 black, and 1 hispanic. None of us are rednecks. Some idiots brought their 10ish year old children to the movie. What tools.
Oh you must be the parental police. Yeah kids should stay home and watch Disney and Nickelodeon Channels and get to watch role models like Jamie Lynn Spears or watch all the violent cartoons like Tom & Jerry or Roadrunner. This movie is no more violent than the video games that they play.

5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. :banned:
Oh you must be the parental police. Yeah kids should stay home and watch Disney and Nickelodeon Channels and get to watch role models like Jamie Lynn Spears or watch all the violent cartoons like Tom & Jerry or Roadrunner. This movie is no more violent than the video games that they play.
Why not let them watch some pron while your at it :banned:

5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. :thumbup:
my buddy took his 2 boys, one is 13 or 14 and the other is 7

I would never take a kid to this movie. Did your buddy explain the whole rape her 50 times and cut your heads off scene or are the kida already into that?

just saw rambo tonight. now there were no rednecks present. Saw it in NYC. however there were a few that were dressed in camouflage and headbands. All in all, it was a good movie. very entertaining. Your not going to get oscar worthy acting. However, if your looking for violence and action. You will see PLENTY. It was the perfect length. Not too long. THere were soo many parts that were hilarious just because of the ridiculous dialogue.my recommendation. Grab some beers, then go see it. You will have a blast!!
:thumbup:

I would never take a kid to this movie. Did your buddy explain the whole rape her 50 times and cut your heads off scene or are the kida already into that?
:blackdot:

Any one else see this yet?

I liked when Rambo got the big gun in the jeep and turned the guys sitting in front into strawberry jam. :suds:

5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. :suds:
The kids werent bothered by the guy they hang by his arms over the man eating pig? The pig eats him from his feet to his knees while he is alive. I know my kids would have trouble with that.

Let the chants begin: Sly for Surgeon General in '08!!

Stallone used HGH to buff up for 'Rambo' role

Updated Sat. Jan. 26 2008 11:03 AM ET

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Sylvester Stallone says he used human growth hormone to get buff for the new "Rambo" movie, and defends its use.

"HGH (human growth hormone) is nothing," the 61-year-old actor tells Time magazine in its Feb. 4 issue. "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed." Because it is nearly undetectable, HGH has become a substance of great concern in major league baseball and other sports battling allegations of rampant doping.

"Testosterone to me is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older," he says. "Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life. Mark my words. In 10 years it will be over the counter."

Stallone directed and co-wrote the new "Rambo" movie, which arrived in theatres Friday.

The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Sylvester Stallone says he used human growth hormone to get buff for the new "Rambo" movie, and defends its use.

"HGH (human growth hormone) is nothing," the 61-year-old actor tells Time magazine in its Feb. 4 issue. "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed." Because it is nearly undetectable, HGH has become a substance of great concern in major league baseball and other sports battling allegations of rampant doping.

"Testosterone to me is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older," he says. "Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life. Mark my words. In 10 years it will be over the counter."

Stallone directed and co-wrote the new "Rambo" movie, which arrived in theatres Friday.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...p;#entry8105047

5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. ;)
The kids werent bothered by the guy they hang by his arms over the man eating pig? The pig eats him from his feet to his knees while he is alive. I know my kids would have trouble with that.
According to Irish that stuff and the rape scenes are equal to saturday cartoons...so no harm done :pickle:

The Associated Press

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...p;#entry8105047
Ya... whatever. Why don't we start a few more threads for a guy that's relevant once per year... every 15 years.

5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. :thumbdown:
According to Irish that stuff and the rape scenes are equal to saturday cartoons...so no harm done :lol:
To be fair, I just completed the "50 Rapes and Beheadings" challenge in Call of Duty 4. It's no biggie. :shrug:

BustedKnuckles said:
prosopis said:
According to Irish that stuff and the rape scenes are equal to saturday cartoons...so no harm done :shock:
Did they show the rape on the big screen? Didn't think so.

BustedKnuckles said:
prosopis said:
According to Irish that stuff and the rape scenes are equal to saturday cartoons...so no harm done :shock:
you win this debate :loco:

BustedKnuckles said:
prosopis said:
5 of us guys from work saw it at the matinee today. :confused:
you win this debate :loco:
:thumbup: No sense arguing with power tools.

I'm very capable of delinating between a "film" and a "movie"(hate to do such a snobbish breakdown, but it does say a lot). I can appreciate each for their own merits, and I LOVED "Rocky Balboa". I went into this with tempered expectations, checked my brain, got ready for some popcorn fun. However...

SPOILERS AHOY ON THE BURMESE RIVER MATEYS!!!!!!!!!!

This was the most unintentionally hilarious movie I've ever seen in my life. I hardly know where to dive into this! Let me start I guess with the few actual issues of the film.

Number one, who gives a rat's dong about the Burmese? I mean, I guess we should, but if we are going to go through all the trouble of doing this, why is Rambo not taking out the Taliban as was originally rumoured at one point. Could they POSSIBLY be testing the waters with this for ANOTHER one? I mean, Rocky can definately no longer credibly fight, but Rambo could concievibly keep doing his thing.

Number two, what is the lame mercenary team he's saddled with? Rambo is a one man killing machine. Sure he gets the occasional help, but he is expendible and everyone else can F off. Now he's got a rainbow collation of "soliders" who are "mercenaries"? Excuse me, but why is the Austrailian leading them? I would give the Salvation Army even money against the Austrailian army.

And I guess three while we're at it, what was the point of the snake bit in the begining? How about some callback on that Sly? Rambo, the badazz killing machine is now a glorified Steve Irwin getting hassled by his boss at the Thai Carnival?

And damn, while we're at it, what was with the new knife? He keeps his army bag from Vietnam, but he makes a new blade? Give me the Rambo Utility knife PLEASE! One of the great movie weapons of all time.

Now onto the, I suppose good. There is so much to have fun with in this movie, starting with the performances of everyone else, who make Stallone EASILY the best actor in this flick. He does Rambo well as the silent, brooding wounded warrior, but when anyone else opens their mouth for literally any line, you can get a laugh out of their delivery. Special credit belongs to Michael, the puswah preacher who intends to "report" Rambo because killing is wrong.

The violence is simply priceless. Far too reliant on digital technolgy to supliment the carnage, but if you liked First Blood Part II, you'll LOVE this. The various ways these bodies are blown apart makes Braveheart look like Sesame Street.

And best of all, if you didn't hate the Burmese dictator who engineers gambling on the lives of villagers he's conqurered, and then slaughters any winners, decimates and destroys EVERY living thing in villages, from chickens to cows to people and in general seems like a mean SOB, he's also AN ALCOHOLIC WHO RAPES BOYS!!!

You should have a good time with this movie and a better one if you went in wanting and willing to laugh. Its definately a great throwback to the old days of these sorts of movies. We really missed out on never having Arnold and Stallone or better yet Arnold VS. Stallone in one of these. I hate to say it, Rambo may now finally be, expendable.

Number one, who gives a rat's dong about the Burmese?
Stallone said one of his reasons for making this film was to open people's eyes to the atrocities going on in Burma. It's callous of you to say who gives a rat's dong about people being kidnapped, raped and murdered.http://cjweeks.blogspot.com/2007/12/stallo...s-hellhole.html
I'm not talking real world Chase, I'm talking cinematically. Stallone got a lot of milage out of his films being bedtime stories about beating a formidable enemy in the Soviets and communism in general. That is not quite our threat today, but the visceral thrill of watching him take out terrorists would have been a better ride. I'm not talking about the real world issues facing the Burmese, thats awful and terrible, but I would have said the same thing if Rambo was getting involved with Darfur. Its about the movie and the ride, not the real world, in case I was not clear.

I saw Rambo this past Saturday. It was everything it needed to be...clearly defined good guys vs bad guys....lots of killing...shooting...exploding....good guys win....the end. If you're a man you will love this movie, guaranteed.

:lmao: I gotta see this movie

Number one, who gives a rat's dong about the Burmese?
Stallone said one of his reasons for making this film was to open people's eyes to the atrocities going on in Burma. It's callous of you to say who gives a rat's dong about people being kidnapped, raped and murdered.http://cjweeks.blogspot.com/2007/12/stallo...s-hellhole.html
I'm not talking real world Chase, I'm talking cinematically. Stallone got a lot of milage out of his films being bedtime stories about beating a formidable enemy in the Soviets and communism in general. That is not quite our threat today, but the visceral thrill of watching him take out terrorists would have been a better ride. I'm not talking about the real world issues facing the Burmese, thats awful and terrible, but I would have said the same thing if Rambo was getting involved with Darfur. Its about the movie and the ride, not the real world, in case I was not clear.
It looks to me like Stallone was doing something different this time. Just my :unsure: .

Went to see Cloverfield tonight, and that movie was so short I decided to sneak into Rambo just as that was beginning. Gotta love a 2-fer-1 deal. Anyway, loved Rambo. Non-stop action and bloodshed. I was one of the people laughing and howling as limbs went flying left and right.

:goodposting:

Went to see Cloverfield tonight, and that movie was so short I decided to sneak into Rambo just as that was beginning. Gotta love a 2-fer-1 deal. Anyway, loved Rambo. Non-stop action and bloodshed. I was one of the people laughing and howling as limbs went flying left and right.

:thumbup:
I'm going to see this tomorrow. I can't wait.

According to Irish that stuff and the rape scenes are equal to saturday cartoons...so no harm done :D
To be fair, I just completed the "50 Rapes and Beheadings" challenge in Call of Duty 4. It's no biggie. :excited:
:lmao: solid

:bag:
So was I...and pretty much the whole theater too. Good times. :confused: :confused: for Rambo

Went to see Cloverfield tonight, and that movie was so short I decided to sneak into Rambo just as that was beginning. Gotta love a 2-fer-1 deal. Anyway, loved Rambo. Non-stop action and bloodshed. I was one of the people laughing and howling as limbs went flying left and right. :popcorn:
Seriously Rambo was ultra violent...just the way i like it. I have to say though showing kids getting slaughtered was a bit extreme,they probably could have left those scenes out.The ending was a bit redundant with the 50 caliber gun....i would have liked to see rambo use his killing talents more creatively....but man that gun does some damage.One of my favorite scenes is the boat on the river and them being stopped and questioned...very tense and i love what he says to the missionary`s right after...classic badass.

Rambo was awesome. :bag: :goodposting:

Don't get me wrong, it isn't going to get an Emmy. There are parts that are just horrible, but 90% of the movie is like the first few minutes of Saving Private Ryan. The most brutal bloodshed I have ever witnessed.

I don't want to hype it up too much though. It isn't a GREAT movie, but it is a GREAT action flick. If you see it knowing that you won't be disapointed one bit.

I just watched it. It was awesome! Say what you want about Stallone and his age, he played John Rambo perfectly. You really really hated the bad guys in this movie. The entire theater was cheering as Rambo and friends slaughtered them.

It was good times, good times. :doh:

I saw Rambo last night. Non-stop gore and violence after a slow beginning to set things up.

Tonight I watched Babel with the wife. Yawn.....

Saw Rambo a few days ago. Man, I can't wait to get the DVD.

Just awesome. Not for everyone, but for me, it was awesome.

I just saw Rambo today. Holy gratuitous violence! Great action flick. It will not disappoint fans of the original films.

Users who are viewing this thread