What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

I'll assume Red Zone replaced Steel. Sorry for no PM RZ.
:P Been here (SSL3) from the beginning wdcrob.Spots 15 and 16 are the replacements teams/managers.No prob on the PMs. This year seems messed up, probably because we haven't all been talking about Michael Turner for two months prior to the draft.Next year, we'll have to elect the league managers early and get confirmations a month in advance.

3.12 (44): Roy Williams, Det, WR18 (4)

Duckboy has been PM'd.

Had rzr missed Gates still being there, he would not have made it to you.....the bullseye that I had on him was HUGE!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that bullseye was getting bigger the farther he dropped.

Picking RoyWill also makes this one a little easier.

3.13 RB Thomas Jones, New York Jets

Last of the RBs likely to get close to a full load. Plus with some line upgardes, should finish better than last year.

3.11 Antonio Gates TE Chargers

will PM Next
that was my on the fence pick where I took edge instead. 1. Gates shares a late bye with a player I already have

2. His toe still worries me

3. Going 3 rounds in this thing w/o a RB makes me clench up just a little.

If Gates is healthy you just got hooked up.

No doubt Gates was on everyone's list for the third round. He said his toe is ahead of schedule but how do you spend a third round pick on someone who may not come back, especially early in the season. Suck to lose an early week just to see him excel the rest of the season.

I hope he comes back strong, moderate risk, huge reward.

I am really impressed with most of the draft so far.

Well poo. McFadden was a hopeful part of the WR WR strategy. I understood the risk of him never coming back to me, but ftr, I think he's a top ten RB right now. I may have been sniped as O drafted in PDSL with me and knows I reached for him in that one. Grr. I would have preferred it no be so close. No more advice in PMs for you, Mr. Orgazmo. :goodposting:

What to do? What to do?

3.16 Willie Parker, Pit, RB

4.01 Brandon Jacobs, NYG, RB

Don't tase me, bro!

I do know you like him, but if I wasn't drafting at an end like we are I probably wouldn't had taken him. My location is forcing me to shoot for the stars. And your PMs telling me to take a quarterback? Not so greta.

4.02 Dwayne Bowe, WR, KC

Duckboy said:
rzrback77 said:

will PM Next
Ohhhhhhh so close. Steal here.
A lot of risk from a survivor perspective IMHO. That being said, at this juncture I think Gates was worth the risk here.

Last edited by a moderator:
AhrnCityPahnder said:
rzrback77 said:

will PM Next
that was my on the fence pick where I took edge instead.
I was struggling with him/Gonzo, Romo and CJ and decided on Romo. Part of me wishes I had gone ADP, Gates/Gonzo, Romo. :unsure:

I dropped FB a pm for a repick. Moving on:

4.04 QB Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

Would rather go in a different direction, but having picked at the ends before, QBs become slim pickings on the way back down.

ATTENTION ALL SSL PARTICIPANTS: WE HAVE A LEVEL 7 HOMER ALERT IN PROGRESS . STAY CALM. REMAIN IN YOUR HOMES.

4.08 Ben Roethlisberger

Thank you Domination, for making my last pick. I appreciate you helping to keep the draft moving along for all of us.

RedZone said:
No doubt Gates was on everyone's list for the third round. He said his toe is ahead of schedule but how do you spend a third round pick on someone who may not come back, especially early in the season. Suck to lose an early week just to see him excel the rest of the season. I hope he comes back strong, moderate risk, huge reward. I am really impressed with most of the draft so far.
I'll gladly take the associated risk for his injury and recovery considering that he has been selected in the first round of these for the past couple of years and peformed very well.

Users who are viewing this thread