What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maryland FBG leeg forming here (2 Viewers)

Refresh me on the auction day roster limits. If we're buying 14 players, I would suggest a $200 cap with $1 bidding increments. Any more than that and I would suggest increasing the auction day cap to $220 or so.

My primary league of 16 owners only buys 12 players on auction day (for $200) and everyone is allowed to increase their roster size to 16 during the season via free agency. With a slightly smaller league, perhaps we could do 14 and 18.

ravnzfan, I also suggest having no waiver wire and instead having just one blind bidding period per week for procuring free agents. But this is not a dealbreaker for me.

WV Raven, what part of WV do you hail from? The panhandle? I have a guy in my local league who calls Martinsburg home.

Refresh me on the auction day roster limits. If we're buying 14 players, I would suggest a $200 cap with $1 bidding increments. Any more than that and I would suggest increasing the auction day cap to $220 or so.

My primary league of 16 owners only buys 12 players on auction day (for $200) and everyone is allowed to increase their roster size to 16 during the season via free agency. With a slightly smaller league, perhaps we could do 14 and 18.

ravnzfan, I also suggest having no waiver wire and instead having just one blind bidding period per week for procuring free agents. But this is not a dealbreaker for me.

WV Raven, what part of WV do you hail from? The panhandle? I have a guy in my local league who calls Martinsburg home.
I feel pretty strongly about allowing a move prior to gametime Sunday, for this type of league might be the 4th, 14th or 24th for some of usa FCFS waiver move just prior to kick would require the min bid, and would be open AFTER the the blind bid deadline (I like Thurs evenings for this)...so, 2 step waiver process where blind bid is awarded upon closing of BB period (say Thurs evening), then a FCFS period opens from Friday midnight to 1PM Sunday, where a player can be added for the minimum BB amount (say $20 on a $1000 budget)

on the roster...I'd like to see us draft to the limit(17 or 18, if we start 9), so that a player would have to be dropped if one was to be added via blind bid/FCFS process

:eek: but that's just me thinking out loud

I'd like to get this framework nailed down pretty soon, so that we can forward the info to the owners PRIOR to the draft

F the T, any input on these 'suggestions' ? :P

Im another 2 hours past Martinsburg in Morgantown.

Home of WVU Mountaineers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the rules:

$10 min per roster spot. That's pretty standard. I have no issue w/ $200 for 14-20 spots.

Scoring system of WCOFF is cool. Love that PPR.

I'm all for big rosters.

I have no issue with FCFS after blind bid. WW / worst record is weak, IMHO. FCFS for last min scratches is fine.

Best ball is cool but does work better with somewhat bigger rosters.

Overall - I'm just glad we're off our asses and getting the league together. :)

Wow that woulda been a hike.

BTW, practice a little with quotes. Just tryin' to help. I lost your last reply in the message.

NP,thanks again

GO RAVENS!

Sorry,guys I dont mean to seem like a procrastinator but,I've never done an auction draft.

I dont have a clue what the format is or what the rules are.

Are we doing IDP's?

How much auction $ do we have to bid with?

So many q's???

Whats scary also,what is WW setup & BB type format?

I like to jump right in but,Im going in completely blind.

Basically I'm feeling like an easy mark.

An FNG or virgin,LOL!
so this would be a great situation to try an auction--a couple guys in for the first time, a couple of us have minimal experience (my local redraft splits between serpentine and auction each yr--we do auction #3 this yr)rules/lineups will be WCOFF, with some slight modification that will be nailed down before hand

there will be no IDP's

WWire will be blind bid $$$ and BB (Best Ball) means we don't have to submit a starting lineup, our best preformers will be scored by the system
What?
I hear you. Nothing's been decided about BB (or Dyn, Keep or redraft, for that matter). I guess we'll put it up for a vote if enough folks are interested in trying it out. Regardless of how the vote goes, we'll still have trading in addition to the WW.

Sorry,guys I dont mean to seem like a procrastinator but,I've never done an auction draft.

Are we doing IDP's?

So many q's???

An FNG or virgin,LOL!
so this would be a great situation to try an auction--a couple guys in for the first time, a couple of us have minimal experience (my local redraft splits between serpentine and auction each yr--we do auction #3 this yr)rules/lineups will be WCOFF, with some slight modification that will be nailed down before hand

there will be no IDP's

WWire will be blind bid $$$ and BB (Best Ball) means we don't have to submit a starting lineup, our best preformers will be scored by the system
What?
I hear you. Nothing's been decided about BB (or Dyn, Keep or redraft, for that matter). I guess we'll put it up for a vote if enough folks are interested in trying it out. Regardless of how the vote goes, we'll still have trading in addition to the WW.
Quote still stands. Nothing's been decided on BB. I'm leaning against it but the majority rules. I'll put it up for a vote now.

It's getting hard to follow here on this site - IF the MFL league is created and we have 12 - can we take the discussion and ironing out of rules to the message board there??

Jim

Are we doing IDP's?

So many q's???

An FNG or virgin,LOL!

there will be no IDP's

What?
Quote still stands. Nothing's been decided on BB. I'm leaning against it but the majority rules. I'll put it up for a vote now.
sorry for any confusion--I was trying to 'explain' what BB was rather than 'imply' BB was a stone cold lockI'll be working on the site over the weekend, so that we can get those commited logged in

will PM a password to each when the site is ready

Have to back out. Sorry to say that I was informed of a change in my August work schedule this morning. My weekends just went up in smoke.

Just stumbled onto this thread...Didn't read the whole thing. What is the current situation? I might be interested

Just stumbled onto this thread...Didn't read the whole thing. What is the current situation? I might be interested
10 teams so far, with one or two more possibles. We're shooting for 14, I believe. The auction is set for Aug. 17th at 12:00 in Glenelg, MD, which is located in Howard County.

10 teams so far, with one or two more possibles. We're shooting for 14, I believe. The auction is set for Aug. 17th at 12:00 in Glenelg, MD, which is located in Howard County.
I'd probably be good for that...what are the league dues?still an auction league? Any set roster limits yet?

I'd probably be good for that...what are the league dues?still an auction league? Any set roster limits yet?
$75 and most definitely an auction. Haven't set roster limits yet.

I'd be able to give a rock solid commitment if the group will have me. My weekends are wide open. However, this would be my first auction, so I'll need to study up. Jeff, if you know a good post here to point me to, I'll buy a round on me. :)

foursport said:
How's the MFL site coming along?
I :thumbup: 'n forgot I was on vacation last week, when I said I'd get on the site work... :rant:I'll PM everyone this week once I set up the passwords for those "IN" :rolleyes:

ravnzfan said:
Draft: Sunday 8/17...12 noon, in Glenelg, MD

SITE:

FBG's Balt/Wash Auction League

puppy is paid for (rode piggyback on my Misfits Leagues discount)...we're doing this!
passwords were sentclick red link above to get into the site
Didn't get mine.
:shrug: not sure why 1/2 the guys got them, but I've resent everyone who hasn't checked in another password...the roster of owners thus far:

Fear the Turtle

ravnzfan

Jeff Pasquino

Commuter Man

Rayderr

philly fan

Kenlin

foursport

Underdogs

Max Power

that's 10 solid, I'd like to get to 12 or 14...

anyone else?

:yes:

Man, I'd love to do this as I've never done auction before. Plus, meeting some of you derelicts I've been chatting with here over the years would be a blast. My problem with committing right this second is my work schedule. I have to travel quite a bit on Sundays & won't know for another week or so whether I'm free that weekend.

Where in Glenelg is the auction to be held?

Man, I'd love to do this as I've never done auction before. Plus, meeting some of you derelicts I've been chatting with here over the years would be a blast. My problem with committing right this second is my work schedule. I have to travel quite a bit on Sundays & won't know for another week or so whether I'm free that weekend.Where in Glenelg is the auction to be held?
Info sent. Hope you can fit us in. Nice avatar.

Man, I'd love to do this as I've never done auction before. Plus, meeting some of you derelicts I've been chatting with here over the years would be a blast. My problem with committing right this second is my work schedule. I have to travel quite a bit on Sundays & won't know for another week or so whether I'm free that weekend.Where in Glenelg is the auction to be held?
:lmao: f-work...1st one :wub: is on me!seriously...drop us a line as soon as you know--we'd like to go as high as 14 owners and would love to have Uruk-Hai in the house!

:( f-work...1st one :blackdot: is on me!seriously...drop us a line as soon as you know--we'd like to go as high as 14 owners and would love to have Uruk-Hai in the house!
I hear ya, brother. Just bought a house, though, and I'd like to wait at least a month before blowing off work. Odds are it'll be fine, but I want to make sure (as sure as I can, anyway) before committing. Put me down as a "probable" with my understanding that you get firm commitments in the meantime, they trump me.

Info sent. Hope you can fit us in. Nice avatar.
Got it - thanks.

Man, I'd love to do this as I've never done auction before. Plus, meeting some of you derelicts I've been chatting with here over the years would be a blast. My problem with committing right this second is my work schedule. I have to travel quite a bit on Sundays & won't know for another week or so whether I'm free that weekend.

Where in Glenelg is the auction to be held?
:unsure:

I got a guy from another board interested. Here is his PM

I'm very interested in what I've seen so far. How do we proceed?Originally a Buckeye from Ohio, I've transplanted to MD with work. Long time fantasy football player. I've done EFSports, yahoo, cbs, sandbox, MFL. I'm in 2 dynasty leagues on MFL right now. Continually in the running for the title, I play 365. I'm always looking to improve my team and I NEVER give up. Game for any rule tweeks that make it more fun, this league sounds like it has owners who are willing to give it all and have fun in the process.The date looks good, I'll just have to work around my wife with our 15 yr anniversary on 8/14. But I don't see that being a problem at all
Ravnzfan... If we still have room can you shoot him an Email with League ID and password? I'll send a PM with his contact info

I'm very interested in what I've seen so far. How do we proceed?Originally a Buckeye from Ohio, I've transplanted to MD with work. Long time fantasy football player. I've done EFSports, yahoo, cbs, sandbox, MFL. I'm in 2 dynasty leagues on MFL right now. Continually in the running for the title, I play 365. I'm always looking to improve my team and I NEVER give up. Game for any rule tweeks that make it more fun, this league sounds like it has owners who are willing to give it all and have fun in the process.The date looks good, I'll just have to work around my wife with our 15 yr anniversary on 8/14. But I don't see that being a problem at all
Ravnzfan... If we still have room can you shoot him an Email with League ID and password? I'll send a PM with his contact info
My anniv. is 8/13. Have them go out with each other while we auction. :lmao:

Oh, and Sandbox???? Wow, that's going back....

Draft: Sunday 8/17...12 noon, in Glenelg, MD

SITE:

FBG's Balt/Wash Auction League

puppy is paid for (rode piggyback on my Misfits Leagues discount)...we're doing this!
passwords were sentclick red link above to get into the site
Didn't get mine.
:shrug: not sure why 1/2 the guys got them, but I've resent everyone who hasn't checked in another password...the roster of owners thus far:

Fear the Turtle

ravnzfan

Jeff Pasquino

Commuter Man

Rayderr

philly fan

Kenlin

foursport

Underdogs

Max Power

Goal-to-Go

that's 11 solid, I'd like to get to 12 or 14...

anyone else?

:)
link to league website is in red above

My anniv. is 8/13. Have them go out with each other while we auction. :thanks:
:lmao:

My anniv. is 8/13. Have them go out with each other while we auction. :shrug:
:lmao:
:lmao: That's nothing. 8/17 is the birthday of the owner of the auction location. If he's dealing with it the ladies can, too. :PThe Buckeye makes 11. He seems like a great addition. Uruk would make 12 with our backup in reserve. Let's head to the site to hash out some scoring tweaks.

It may not have been noted in this thread but in addition to serving as auction operator, I am also functioning as insurance in case of an odd number of participants on Auction Day. So keep recruiting but I'm in for a franchise if needed.

I'll be out of town starting Sunday, Aug. 10 until Thursday evening, Aug. 14. By Thursday or Friday, I'd like to have all the team names and a batting order for nominations so I can at least get that part of the setup done. The roster sizes and auction parameters can all be done on the spot after our rules discussion. (Have I mentioned what a great system this is?)

Do we have a projector and big screen?

It may not have been noted in this thread but in addition to serving as auction operator, I am also functioning as insurance in case of an odd number of participants on Auction Day. So keep recruiting but I'm in for a franchise if needed.I'll be out of town starting Sunday, Aug. 10 until Thursday evening, Aug. 14. By Thursday or Friday, I'd like to have all the team names and a batting order for nominations so I can at least get that part of the setup done. The roster sizes and auction parameters can all be done on the spot after our rules discussion. (Have I mentioned what a great system this is?)Do we have a projector and big screen?
Right, we have 11 with roadkill serving as insurance. Still awaiting word from Uruk. I'll confirm the projector and screen by Friday. Head to the site for rules discussions.

Users who are viewing this thread