What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maryland FBG leeg forming here (4 Viewers)

I'm sorry guys - I can't commit at this point. I'm going to be out of town next week with the possibility it'll spill into the following week. Sucks, because I was looking forward to something different and this sounds like a ton of fun. I'll check in if it looks like I'll be back in time and if you're still looking for guys I'm in, but don't hold a spot for me.

Uruk-Hai said:
I'm sorry guys - I can't commit at this point. I'm going to be out of town next week with the possibility it'll spill into the following week. Sucks, because I was looking forward to something different and this sounds like a ton of fun. I'll check in if it looks like I'll be back in time and if you're still looking for guys I'm in, but don't hold a spot for me.
no worries--we can take you either waywe'll have a person on standby to make it an even number of teams, if say 11 show...if we're at an even number, he'll not play--no problem

so...pencil us in---wait a minute, write it in ink

Draft Sunday, August 17th...12 noon in Howard County w/some FBG's

it's going to be a blast!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there too. If there's an emergency, and someone can't make it but wants to communicate by phone during the Draft, I'd be willing to assist.

Also, if you all wind up one short of your required #, and want someone to Draft a 'Ghost Team', I'd be up for that as well...I'm in way too many Leagues to actively manage a Team, but I'll do whatever you guys need me to do in order to make this thing go off without a hitch.

Not finding any takers on the local end, but still looking!

I'll be there too. If there's an emergency, and someone can't make it but wants to communicate by phone during the Draft, I'd be willing to assist.Also, if you all wind up one short of your required #, and want someone to Draft a 'Ghost Team', I'd be up for that as well...I'm in way too many Leagues to actively manage a Team, but I'll do whatever you guys need me to do in order to make this thing go off without a hitch.Not finding any takers on the local end, but still looking!
If it is acceptable to everyone else for nittanylion to draft a team, I'm more than willing to manage the team after the draft is completed. I'd participate in the draft myself but will be out of town and not returning until the evening of the 17th.Jim

I'll be there too. If there's an emergency, and someone can't make it but wants to communicate by phone during the Draft, I'd be willing to assist.Also, if you all wind up one short of your required #, and want someone to Draft a 'Ghost Team', I'd be up for that as well...I'm in way too many Leagues to actively manage a Team, but I'll do whatever you guys need me to do in order to make this thing go off without a hitch.Not finding any takers on the local end, but still looking!
If it is acceptable to everyone else for nittanylion to draft a team, I'm more than willing to manage the team after the draft is completed. I'd participate in the draft myself but will be out of town and not returning until the evening of the 17th.Jim
This is fine by me as long as nittany and ravnz agree.

Draft: Sunday 8/17...12 noon, in Glenelg, MD

SITE:

FBG's Balt/Wash Auction League

puppy is paid for (rode piggyback on my Misfits Leagues discount)...we're doing this!
passwords were sentclick red link above to get into the site
Didn't get mine.
:shrug: not sure why 1/2 the guys got them, but I've resent everyone who hasn't checked in another password...the roster of owners thus far:

Fear the Turtle

ravnzfan

Jeff Pasquino

Commuter Man

Rayderr

philly fan

Kenlin

foursport

Underdogs

Max Power

Goal-to-Go

roarlions (nittany at auction)

that's 11 solid, I'd like to get to 12 or 14...

anyone else?

:hot:
link to league website is in red above
We have our 12 plus we have roadkill at the auction, just in case. Road, I'd just load them into the system in any order using the FBG names as only about half the league has chosen a team name. I've secured a projector and screen.It looks like we're going the best ball route (only two votes against). $200 auction cap with rosters of 18. Lineup: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB, WR, TE), D, and K. WCOFF scoring, including PPR. Blind bid free agency. FCFS pickups allowed after bidding period ends. Shall we do the .5, 1, 1.5 PPR system that ravnz uses or just stick to the standard 1 PPR?

We have our 12 plus we have roadkill at the auction, just in case. Road, I'd just load them into the system in any order using the FBG names as only about half the league has chosen a team name. I've secured a projector and screen.It looks like we're going the best ball route (only two votes against). $200 auction cap with rosters of 18. Lineup: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB, WR, TE), D, and K. WCOFF scoring, including PPR. Blind bid free agency. FCFS pickups allowed after bidding period ends. Shall we do the .5, 1, 1.5 PPR system that ravnz uses or just stick to the standard 1 PPR?
Glad I'm in, thanks. Thanks to nittanylion for drafting my team, he and I have been in touch.All of the above sounds good to me. I'm in favor of the PPR system suggested by ravnz, but either is fine with me.

Fear The Turtle said:
Good work here, FTT. As Jeff P noted, batting order for player nominations is pretty irrelevant.Beginning Sunday morning, I'll have limited innerweb access until Thursday evening but I'll be ready for this here auction on the 17th. Everybody work on getting some team names picked so I can plug them into the software.

Now that I'm actually drafting in this thing, even if it's as a 'stand in', I have a question...

...the 'purse' each of us is purchasing assets from is currently slated as $200. From my own Auction experience, I want to bring something up...the lower the $ in the purse, the less 'delineation' (that might not even be a word) there is between players as you work your way down the ladder. I'm not wording this the way I want to, but with a smaller purse, we're going to wind up having plenty of Players go for $1 or $2 that probably will statistically have some significant separation between what they'll actually statistically contribute.

I just want to throw it out there for discussion that we might want to consider upping the 'purse' with this in mind.

For example, another MD League I was in for a while, (Pasquino actually attended this Auction once, and got a firsthand look at the Software we'll be using)...

16 Teams drafting UP TO (but not more than) 22 Players...we used a $400 Purse. This allowed almost every tier of player to have distinct value, right down to the end, instead of having an overwhelming # of dissimilar Players all going for $1 or $2. Also keeps the bidding going on guys that are worth more than $1 or $2 because folks purses won't get depleted as fast.

Just something I want to bring up for the sake of discussion, since we seem to still be in that phase!

Feedback away!

Now that I'm actually drafting in this thing, even if it's as a 'stand in', I have a question......the 'purse' each of us is purchasing assets from is currently slated as $200. From my own Auction experience, I want to bring something up...the lower the $ in the purse, the less 'delineation' (that might not even be a word) there is between players as you work your way down the ladder. I'm not wording this the way I want to, but with a smaller purse, we're going to wind up having plenty of Players go for $1 or $2 that probably will statistically have some significant separation between what they'll actually statistically contribute.I just want to throw it out there for discussion that we might want to consider upping the 'purse' with this in mind.For example, another MD League I was in for a while, (Pasquino actually attended this Auction once, and got a firsthand look at the Software we'll be using)...16 Teams drafting UP TO (but not more than) 22 Players...we used a $400 Purse. This allowed almost every tier of player to have distinct value, right down to the end, instead of having an overwhelming # of dissimilar Players all going for $1 or $2. Also keeps the bidding going on guys that are worth more than $1 or $2 because folks purses won't get depleted as fast.Just something I want to bring up for the sake of discussion, since we seem to still be in that phase!Feedback away!
"Delineation" is as good a term as any to use and it's a problem my local league is rassling with as well as we contemplate increasing the number of players we are buying at auction this year. $200 works well with small auction day rosters of 12-14 but if we're buying 18, as has been suggested, I too would suggest an increase in the cap to $250-300.With only 12 of us buying 18, $250 should work pretty well and give some play in the dollar ranges at the lower end. With 14 of us, we may want to give some thought to an even bigger cap.

***bump***

...anyone else with any thoughts in regards to increasing the amt of Auction Dollars we have to spend?

PS: Counting the days...

Hey guys...someone needs to send me the password to roarlions Team. I've been to the MFL Site, and read through the commentary threads, but have no way of replying, and I'm going to need directions to the Draft in Glenelg as well.

Just trying to head off any roadblocks at the pass...really looking forward to this!

PS: I'll know by tonight if I have any other folks who might be interested in joining up. Will let you guys know ASAP.

Hey guys...someone needs to send me the password to roarlions Team. I've been to the MFL Site, and read through the commentary threads, but have no way of replying, and I'm going to need directions to the Draft in Glenelg as well.

Just trying to head off any roadblocks at the pass...really looking forward to this!

PS: I'll know by tonight if I have any other folks who might be interested in joining up. Will let you guys know ASAP.
I'll be @ the Rt32/70 park-n-ride @11:30 Sundayif anyone plans on meeting me there, buzz my cell that morning---number is on league message board

Phillyfan and I are planning to leave Westminster about 10:30 'cuz we need 50-60 minutes to get there and I'll need a little setup time.

Hope 2 more playas pop up overnight.

Since I can't post on the message board, just wanted to say thanks for coming in on the system with us and that it was great meeting all of you. Hope this league sticks around and we can do it again next year, only bigger and with me owning a team.

Since I can't post on the message board, just wanted to say thanks for coming in on the system with us and that it was great meeting all of you. Hope this league sticks around and we can do it again next year, only bigger and with me owning a team.
:goodposting:I see no reason that we can't keep you as "commish" for the MFL site to say hi. :lmao:

Jeff Pasquino said:
roadkill1292 said:
:confused:I see no reason that we can't keep you as "commish" for the MFL site to say hi. :)
We'll take care of you, road. Thanks again for running the show. Rosters are up, by the way.

Jeff Pasquino said:
roadkill1292 said:
:grad:I see no reason that we can't keep you as "commish" for the MFL site to say hi. :)
We'll take care of you, road. Thanks again for running the show. Rosters are up, by the way.
That would be way cool. Paul, again please express our thanks to your brother and SIL for hosting. Best site EVAH.Keep talking this league up so we can get 1-3 more guys next year.

...had a great time, fellas. Great meeting all of you, and Good Luck in the upcoming Season!
Ditto what nittany said, I had a great time meeting everyone yesterday, and hopefully we can keep this league going for awhile. Good luck to everyone this year, except those teams playing the Fanatics!Rich

...had a great time, fellas. Great meeting all of you, and Good Luck in the upcoming Season!
true 'dat!I want nitty AND roarlions "IN" next year, plus roadkill and a couple more, for 14Turtleman....hugs to SIL and :backslap: bro for having ustell him to work on that dimmer switch for the basement if he wants to host our event next year! ;) :X

Also had fun. Was defintely interesting trying out a whole new league. Never done an Auction before, never done this scoring system before, never had a 2rb, 3wr 1flex lineup before, and never drafted with any of you all before, so I went into this as a complete rookie. I'll just be happy if I don't finish last.

I'm so pissed I couldn't do this. I got back in town Saturday night, which meant Sunday was catch-up-on-chores day. I had no time to prep, so it's probably just as well. But I'd definitely like to try next year if there's expansion.

So, how long did it take? What ended up being the cap? Does roadkill really look like Larry Fine?

I'm so pissed I couldn't do this. I got back in town Saturday night, which meant Sunday was catch-up-on-chores day. I had no time to prep, so it's probably just as well. But I'd definitely like to try next year if there's expansion.So, how long did it take? What ended up being the cap? Does roadkill really look like Larry Fine?
There will be expansion next year, to at least 12 and hopefully 14, so remember us next year and we'll get you in.The auction only took about 4 hours with 10 teams drafting 18 players each with a $250 budget. The auction software makes everything so much easier.And yes, Roadkill = Larry Fine!

I'm so pissed I couldn't do this. I got back in town Saturday night, which meant Sunday was catch-up-on-chores day. I had no time to prep, so it's probably just as well. But I'd definitely like to try next year if there's expansion.So, how long did it take? What ended up being the cap? Does roadkill really look like Larry Fine?
There will be expansion next year, to at least 12 and hopefully 14, so remember us next year and we'll get you in.The auction only took about 4 hours with 10 teams drafting 18 players each with a $250 budget. The auction software makes everything so much easier.And yes, Roadkill = Larry Fine!
Larry Fine, maybe, after he devoured Curly and Moe.

Larry Fine, maybe, after he devoured Curly and Moe.
It's all that good Cactus Willies food, isn't it?

I hope you guys don't mind - I'm snooping around your league site. Is there a page that shows the actual $$ that players went for?

I hope you guys don't mind - I'm snooping around your league site. Is there a page that shows the actual $$ that players went for?
I've got most of the big boys jotted downPM your address and I'll send you a copy51 1/2 week "head start" on '09 prep! :confused:

I've got most of the big boys jotted downPM your address and I'll send you a copy51 1/2 week "head start" on '09 prep! :hifive:
:shrug: Thanks - pm sent
Uruk, the software retains the entire auction, I can also shoot you an attachment very easily this evening. Just pm me your email.

I forgot to ask everyone for their feedback on the FatBox auction system, especially from you guys who are auction veterans. I'll pass along any complaints to the vendors; they've been really responsive so far.

I forgot to ask everyone for their feedback on the FatBox auction system, especially from you guys who are auction veterans. I'll pass along any complaints to the vendors; they've been really responsive so far.
Well I was an auction virgin, but I can see how it would be a huge improvement over a person as aucitoneer a nd trying to keep track of the bids being shouted out.My only criticism is that TTS (text-to-speech) software. I realize that it would add greatly to the program size, but having sound files of a generic voice over guy read off the name and just some way for the user to create his own sound files for the teams would be great.

Well I was an auction virgin, but I can see how it would be a huge improvement over a person as aucitoneer a nd trying to keep track of the bids being shouted out.My only criticism is that TTS (text-to-speech) software. I realize that it would add greatly to the program size, but having sound files of a generic voice over guy read off the name and just some way for the user to create his own sound files for the teams would be great.
I actually think that's possible but I'm not clever enough to figure out how to do it. :pokey:

it's a big, PHat silly! :shrug: seriously, Jeff--the ability to sort thru rostered position, in order, having the running $$$ totals easily read and the like made for a smoothhh process

the calm of the "systems voice" over any in that room full of dummies shouting "$16 for Chris Johnson".... :goodposting:

priceless!

roady, I love the system, as you know. The only change I'm going to make for next year is to give myself a team name like "FTT Is A Handsome Stud" or something so I can hear the system repeat it several hundred times during the auction.

roady, I love the system, as you know. The only change I'm going to make for next year is to give myself a team name like "FTT Is A Handsome Stud" or something so I can hear the system repeat it several hundred times during the auction.
:thumbup: :wub: That's a grand idea but I still like "CRAPMAN" better.Thanks, too, Steve. I'll make sure the doggone thing pronounces your name better next year.

it's a big, PHat silly! :P seriously, Jeff--the ability to sort thru rostered position, in order, having the running $$ totals easily read and the like made for a smoothhh process

the calm of the "systems voice" over any in that room full of dummies shouting "$16 for Chris Johnson".... :unsure:

priceless!
Which was the dummy here? ;)

it's a big, PHat silly! :goodposting: seriously, Jeff--the ability to sort thru rostered position, in order, having the running $$ totals easily read and the like made for a smoothhh process

the calm of the "systems voice" over any in that room full of dummies shouting "$16 for Chris Johnson".... :thumbup:

priceless!
Which was the dummy here? ;)
CJ=ReggieJr :goodposting:

(you know, this whole Johnson debacle IS your fault!)

I had a great time. Nice meeting you guys. This was my first auction and I loved the system. Should be a fun year using bestball.

Only regret was not budgeting my $$$ well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread