What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maryland FBG leeg forming here (3 Viewers)

Jeff Pasquino said:
ExtremeFajita said:
Since we're going all out with the hardware, any chance we can go all out with the rosters and make it IDP? It's possible to do without making the rosters too large (25-26 would do it) and still keep the auction down to a reasonable time. Live Auction/IDP = FF in it's purest form.
Not going to happen here, sorry.
No problem. Had to ask.

any detailed rules yet? how exactly the auction is gonna work, never have done a live one before.
we'll WCof FF rules, to keep it simplepaging roadkill:

hopefully he be around draft day
Because of as yet undetermined vacation plans, my participation as an owner is unsure but I'll do everything possible to make the auction system (link in the first post if you don't know what I'm talking about) available to this here new leeg if it wants to use it. Again, please note that someone will need to procure a projector and big screen. Costs should be about $5/head.For you auction newbies, this system will take care of all the money management for you so you can concentrate on overbidding for your players instead. ;)
er...me thinks the whole point of this league is to "go auction, and use the system"....no? :thumbdown: and 2 questions for roadkill:

--where did you get your screen/projector to use for your draft?

--what type of projector? standard overhead?

the league will be responsible for a portion of the 'buy in' of the software---last season we talked about rolling that cost into the fees(~$20/pp including equipment rental)

I'll leave this up to the membership:

$50/pp fee to include the cost of website($60) and equipment? (ie...pot ~$27/pp)

or

$50/pp fee for the pot, then add cost of site and equip, for a total cost of ~$75/pp?

at this point 8/17 (~11AM) looks to be the draft date/time, so once we determine fee structure I'll PM everyone the payment information so we can put the business portion of this to bed AQAP

don't bother me later---we're cracking Maryland blue crabs tonight....suckers!

if it weren't for my fater-in-laws 85th B-day and the night before Father's Day, no way I pay $60/dz for the super-sillies my seafood guy is holding for me...but if anyone is deserving, Pop is

:X

Last edited by a moderator:
any detailed rules yet? how exactly the auction is gonna work, never have done a live one before.
we'll WCof FF rules, to keep it simplepaging roadkill:

Because of as yet undetermined vacation plans, my participation as an owner is unsure but I'll do everything possible to make the auction system (link in the first post if you don't know what I'm talking about) available to this here new leeg if it wants to use it. Again, please note that someone will need to procure a projector and big screen. Costs should be about $5/head.For you auction newbies, this system will take care of all the money management for you so you can concentrate on overbidding for your players instead. :)
er...me thinks the whole point of this league is to "go auction, and use the system"....no? :goodposting: and 2 questions for roadkill:

--where did you get your screen/projector to use for your draft?

--what type of projector? standard overhead?

the league will be responsible for a portion of the 'buy in' of the software---last season we talked about rolling that cost into the fees(~$20/pp including equipment rental)

I'll leave this up to the membership:

$50/pp fee to include the cost of website($60) and equipment? (ie...pot ~$27/pp)

or

$50/pp fee for the pot, then add cost of site and equip, for a total cost of ~$75/pp?

at this point 8/17 (~11AM) looks to be the draft date/time, so once we determine fee structure I'll PM everyone the payment information so we can put the business portion of this to bed AQAP

don't bother me later---we're cracking Maryland blue crabs tonight....suckers!

if it weren't for my fater-in-laws 85th B-day and the night before Father's Day, no way I pay $60/dz for the super-sillies my seafood guy is holding for me...but if anyone is deserving, Pop is

:banned:
1. We built a screen out of a big piece of vinyl flooring last year, which worked reasonably well as a cheap substitute.2. You need the kind of projector that plugs into a computer and projects the computer's monitor image up on the big screen.

3. The league's share of the system cost is either $160 or $120, depending on whether we end up with a fourth partner or not (ravnz, is your local league still considering this?). I'll finance over a 2-year period, which brings this year's cost to $80 or $60, split however many ways. Depending on the innerweb management system we select, admin costs should be way under $25 per head, closer to $15 if MFL is selected.

we'll use WCof FF rules, to keep it simplepaging roadkill:

With maybe some minor tweakage, like superflex, PPR pt. per first down reception, etc. Also, may have to bump the start time back about an hour to 12:00.

Local FBG leagues should just happen.

Let's get 10-14 guys and make something happen here.

I'm in it for the cameraderie, so let's just do a $50 league and get the ball rolling.
Right.Format: Auction

Fee: $50

Membership:

roadkill1292 ??

Jeff P.--IN

ravnzfan--IN

Fear The Turtle--IN

Kenlin

roadkill's amigo ??

CommuterMan--IN

Extreme Fajita--IN

phillyfan72

Zowned

JMon348

Rayderr
I'm working off this list as of right now...currently @12, we have room to go to 14, so let me know!
we have 5 confirmed for the 17th....12 noonwho else?

:bag:

I'm in it for the cameraderie, so let's just do a $50 league and get the ball rolling.

Membership:

roadkill1292 ??

Jeff P.--IN

ravnzfan--IN

Fear The Turtle--IN

Kenlin

roadkill's amigo ??

CommuterMan--IN

Extreme Fajita--IN

phillyfan72

Zowned

JMon348

Rayderr
I'm working off this list as of right now...currently @12, we have room to go to 14, so let me know!

:mellow:
With Rayderr we have six, plus one backup.

Membership:

roadkill1292 ??

Jeff P.--IN

ravnzfan--IN

Fear The Turtle--IN

Kenlin

roadkill's amigo ??

CommuterMan--IN

Extreme Fajita--IN

phillyfan72

Zowned

JMon348

Rayderr

:confused:
8/17 works for me, count me in.

MOP's thread about the best ball format in the Shark Pool today is very intriguing. Since I assume this will be a secondary league for most of us, is there any interest in experimenting with this?

MOP's thread about the best ball format in the Shark Pool today is very intriguing. Since I assume this will be a secondary league for most of us, is there any interest in experimenting with this?
I've never done BB. I like WW and trades. Could we combine them with a BB lineup if we go that route?

I've never done BB. I like WW and trades. Could we combine them with a BB lineup if we go that route?
It's my understanding that you can do all those things in a BB. The only thing changed is that it becomes unnecessary to submit a starting lineup. MOP's thread covers many of the ups and downs of this format. Basically, you lose making weekly lineup decisions but you gain by not having to worry about last minute scratches. My local league has bounced this idea around in the past year but isn't ready to pull the trigger. A league like this one may be a good vehicle for an experiment. In no way is this a dealbreaker for me one way or the other.

It's my understanding that you can do all those things in a BB. The only thing changed is that it becomes unnecessary to submit a starting lineup. MOP's thread covers many of the ups and downs of this format. Basically, you lose making weekly lineup decisions but you gain by not having to worry about last minute scratches. My local league has bounced this idea around in the past year but isn't ready to pull the trigger. A league like this one may be a good vehicle for an experiment. In no way is this a dealbreaker for me one way or the other.
I'm a fan of best ball.Are we losing guys due to the date? Is that the issue?Do we need to move the date to get 12???

I'm a fan of best ball.Are we losing guys due to the date? Is that the issue?Do we need to move the date to get 12???
Well, they didn't specify (JMon had already agreed to the date) but, in reality, it's tough to get a date everyone can agree upon. We change the date and we may lose some of the committeds. I'm actually encouraged that we have 9 solids (with Kenlin). Let's give it a little more time.

on the MoP thread, regarding "BB format"this thread is in regards to a pair of leagues we started a few yrs ago---The FIX---where we drafted a dynasty team AND redraft team, where WW and trades went on in both leagues

I had to drop due to one glich in the setup I could not overcome, which was NO FCFS waivers prior to gametime Sundays...I play in an outrageous number of leagues and need to be able to tweak last minute "situations" w/my rosters gameday

the WW setup had 2 blindbid periods, ending 6AM Wed morning and 5PM Saturday evening--which just didn't work w/my schedule, so I had to pull the plug to be fair to the rest of the league (from a competitive standpoint)

I never seemed to be able to hit the 6AM deadline for the "hot" WW player of the week, and missed the 5PM Saturday deadline for byes, injuries and the like

(well, more times than I cared to)

we can VERY EASILY set this to BB, while still being able to work trades, WW/FA and the like---all I ask is that if we use bid $$$ for FA we allow a FCFS period for 24 hrs prior to kick where a player can be added for the min waiver bid...makes sence, really, w/sites as they are these days

so, Zoned & Co are out, Kenlin, Rayderr and 4sport IN

the players:

Fear the Turtle

ravnzfan

JP

roadkill

roadkill's buddy(???)

XFajita

Commuter Man

Rayderr

phillyfan

Kenlin

4-sport

Underdog

11 so far...for Sunday 8/17 @12noon, in Glenelg

(12th possible w/roadkill's buddy)

correct to this point?

we'd like as many as 14, to play a perfectly balanced 13 game schedule... :goodposting: but that's me wishin'

we'll use WCOFF rules/scoring/format as a basis to start from, will a couple additional requests from The Turtle...everything will be spelled out prior to the draft

I'll work on the rules being entered into the website prior to the draft

site link again:

FBG's Balt/Wash/PA Auction League

Hi Fellas,

Just wanted to make a quick post here - I'm down in Rockville (Peoples Republic of Montgomery County). Heavy FF'er, involved in several long-running $$$ Locals, as well as pretty much every National High Stakes Contest. Jeff Pasq knows me well.

As much as I'd like to, I can't do this League, as I'm absolutely innundated with Leagues...but I have access to plenty of MD folks who might be interested if you wind up needing a few to max out at 14. Just let me know when the time comes and I'll get the word out. I'd imagine you all might want to continue to troll from these boards for a while still. Makes comeplete sense. Some of the guys I know might be members here too...although pretty much all of them know who I am here, for the most part they are pretty secretive about their UserNames here. Competition at it's finest, etc, etc...

I can also offer the following:

I have access to Software/Hardward/Projector etc. that could possibly be 'rented' from the Owner if needed to facilitate your Draft...

I absolutely LOVE attending Drafts of all sorts, and meeting/mingling with folks from these Boards, who also are diehard FF'ers. I'd be happy to attend this Live Draft as a spectator, or to assist in any way possible to make things more efficient. I'd even be willing to Draft by proxy for someone if unexpected circumstances prohibit someone from attending...I'd prefer if they were available by phone throughout the Draft rather than just Drafting a Team for them, and then passing it over.

If you'll have me along for the ride, I'm in for attending Draft Day, and acting in whatever capacity, short of Owning a Team that you all might need.

Good for you all for doing this. More of these things need to happen!

Hi Fellas,

Just wanted to make a quick post here - I'm down in Rockville (Peoples Republic of Montgomery County). Heavy FF'er, involved in several long-running $$$ Locals, as well as pretty much every National High Stakes Contest. Jeff Pasq knows me well.

As much as I'd like to, I can't do this League, as I'm absolutely innundated with Leagues...but I have access to plenty of MD folks who might be interested if you wind up needing a few to max out at 14. Just let me know when the time comes and I'll get the word out. I'd imagine you all might want to continue to troll from these boards for a while still. Makes comeplete sense. Some of the guys I know might be members here too...although pretty much all of them know who I am here, for the most part they are pretty secretive about their UserNames here. Competition at it's finest, etc, etc...

I can also offer the following:

I have access to Software/Hardward/Projector etc. that could possibly be 'rented' from the Owner if needed to facilitate your Draft...

I absolutely LOVE attending Drafts of all sorts, and meeting/mingling with folks from these Boards, who also are diehard FF'ers. I'd be happy to attend this Live Draft as a spectator, or to assist in any way possible to make things more efficient. I'd even be willing to Draft by proxy for someone if unexpected circumstances prohibit someone from attending...I'd prefer if they were available by phone throughout the Draft rather than just Drafting a Team for them, and then passing it over.

If you'll have me along for the ride, I'm in for attending Draft Day, and acting in whatever capacity, short of Owning a Team that you all might need.

Good for you all for doing this. More of these things need to happen!
oh, you are so IN...can you say "Mr Facilitator ?!?!" any and all help in infrastructure :jawdrop: is appreciated!what I think we'll do is have you coordinate w/Fear the Turtle (official commish, I'm assisting in putting the players and site together) who is setting us up w/the site in Glenelg,MD

also, w/Roadkill who has the software we're using to run the auction---we'll need the laptop/computer to run the software and the projector/screen to work the program on site...I guess FtT can let you know about the computer situation on site, or if Roadkill has access to a laptop to drive the software

welcome in nittylion!

nittanylion's glowing review of the FatBox two years ago was one of the reasons my local league decided to purchase.

He mentioned projector and screen. How are we coming on these tools? Are we set?

nittanylion's glowing review of the FatBox two years ago was one of the reasons my local league decided to purchase.

He mentioned projector and screen. How are we coming on these tools? Are we set?
if nitty has access to equipment that he can "rent" from the owner for us, I think that's a slam dunkI'm letting FtT coordinate that portion of this excersise, but would encourage working w/the guy familiar w/this process, the nittylion

nittanylion said:
Hi Fellas,Just wanted to make a quick post here - I'm down in Rockville (Peoples Republic of Montgomery County). Heavy FF'er, involved in several long-running $$$ Locals, as well as pretty much every National High Stakes Contest. Jeff Pasq knows me well. As much as I'd like to, I can't do this League, as I'm absolutely innundated with Leagues...but I have access to plenty of MD folks who might be interested if you wind up needing a few to max out at 14. Just let me know when the time comes and I'll get the word out. I'd imagine you all might want to continue to troll from these boards for a while still. Makes comeplete sense. Some of the guys I know might be members here too...although pretty much all of them know who I am here, for the most part they are pretty secretive about their UserNames here. Competition at it's finest, etc, etc...I can also offer the following:I have access to Software/Hardward/Projector etc. that could possibly be 'rented' from the Owner if needed to facilitate your Draft...I absolutely LOVE attending Drafts of all sorts, and meeting/mingling with folks from these Boards, who also are diehard FF'ers. I'd be happy to attend this Live Draft as a spectator, or to assist in any way possible to make things more efficient. I'd even be willing to Draft by proxy for someone if unexpected circumstances prohibit someone from attending...I'd prefer if they were available by phone throughout the Draft rather than just Drafting a Team for them, and then passing it over.If you'll have me along for the ride, I'm in for attending Draft Day, and acting in whatever capacity, short of Owning a Team that you all might need.Good for you all for doing this. More of these things need to happen!
This is unexpected good news. Nittany, your rep precedes you, and you are most definitely welcome to attend. It'll be great meeting you. We may take you up on your offer to help max out the league if we have some late cancels. Nice insurance to have; I know you have connections and waiting lists up the... As for assisting at the auction, I'll leave that up to roadkill as he's running the show.As I understand it, the only things roadkill needs are a projector and a screen. If that's the case, I'd just as soon rent them from the owner you mentioned.

Obviously, I have the FatBox and running the auction with it, as nittany will attest, is a no-brainer, even if I end up buying a roster myself. I figured I'd just bring my computer along (don't have a laptop). If somebody can borrow a projector from work, then we're just down to procuring a nice big screen, which aren't the easiest things to get your hands on. As mentioned before, we constructed one last year but, alas, it remains permanently affixed in our host owner's basement.

link?
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=402824
I'm not totally opposed to the Bestball format, but at the same time, it seems like it would become a passive league. I think there would need to be some sort of activity besides waivers to keep the interest there. Also, we planning on doing Dynasty, Keeper, or redraft?

link?
I'm not totally opposed to the Bestball format, but at the same time, it seems like it would become a passive league. I think there would need to be some sort of activity besides waivers to keep the interest there. Also, we planning on doing Dynasty, Keeper, or redraft?
I hear you. Nothing's been decided about BB (or Dyn, Keep or redraft, for that matter). I guess we'll put it up for a vote if enough folks are interested in trying it out. Regardless of how the vote goes, we'll still have trading in addition to the WW.

link?
having played in The FIX, where the BB idea came from, passive is not an adjective I'd use to describe the goings on...my experience in competing in leagues filled w/knowledgeable FBGs tells me there will be plenty of activity regarding trades, working the wire, etc, in a BB environment

I mean, do we really expect to let Pasquino draft a squad that might compete, and not go after the resident staffer w/both guns blaring! :confused:

Hi Fellas,Just wanted to make a quick post here - I'm down in Rockville (Peoples Republic of Montgomery County). Heavy FF'er, involved in several long-running $$ Locals, as well as pretty much every National High Stakes Contest. Jeff Pasq knows me well. As much as I'd like to, I can't do this League, as I'm absolutely innundated with Leagues...but I have access to plenty of MD folks who might be interested if you wind up needing a few to max out at 14. Just let me know when the time comes and I'll get the word out. I'd imagine you all might want to continue to troll from these boards for a while still. Makes comeplete sense. Some of the guys I know might be members here too...although pretty much all of them know who I am here, for the most part they are pretty secretive about their UserNames here. Competition at it's finest, etc, etc...I can also offer the following:I have access to Software/Hardward/Projector etc. that could possibly be 'rented' from the Owner if needed to facilitate your Draft...I absolutely LOVE attending Drafts of all sorts, and meeting/mingling with folks from these Boards, who also are diehard FF'ers. I'd be happy to attend this Live Draft as a spectator, or to assist in any way possible to make things more efficient. I'd even be willing to Draft by proxy for someone if unexpected circumstances prohibit someone from attending...I'd prefer if they were available by phone throughout the Draft rather than just Drafting a Team for them, and then passing it over.If you'll have me along for the ride, I'm in for attending Draft Day, and acting in whatever capacity, short of Owning a Team that you all might need.Good for you all for doing this. More of these things need to happen!
This is unexpected good news. Nittany, your rep precedes you, and you are most definitely welcome to attend. It'll be great meeting you. We may take you up on your offer to help max out the league if we have some late cancels. Nice insurance to have; I know you have connections and waiting lists up the... As for assisting at the auction, I'll leave that up to roadkill as he's running the show.As I understand it, the only things roadkill needs are a projector and a screen. If that's the case, I'd just as soon rent them from the owner you mentioned.
Nittany / Johnny,You're more than welcome anytime. You're aces in my book - you know that. :goodposting:

Bump. Still need a couple.
I know you're hoping to for 14 for a complete, scheduled, but you can do it with 12 teams as well. 3 divisions of 4. Play each team in your division twice, all other teams once. Playoffs are 3 division winners and 1 wildcard team.

I know you're hoping to for 14 for a complete, scheduled, but you can do it with 12 teams as well. 3 divisions of 4. Play each team in your division twice, all other teams once. Playoffs are 3 division winners and 1 wildcard team.
been in plenty of 12 teamers, so very familiar w/the "play your division twice, but everyone else once"hey, we're going to do this w/10, 12 or 14 teams...the thing w/14 is each team playes everyone ONCE, for a perfectly level competitive field

it'd be so unfair to the rest of you if I get to beat Pasquino's brains in twice, and you only get a shot at him once! :goodposting:

(BTW...at this point, we have 11)

been in plenty of 12 teamers, so very familiar w/the "play your division twice, but everyone else once"hey, we're going to do this w/10, 12 or 14 teams...the thing w/14 is each team playes everyone ONCE, for a perfectly level competitive field

it'd be so unfair to the rest of you if I get to beat Pasquino's brains in twice, and you only get a shot at him once! :P

(BTW...at this point, we have 10)
Did we lose one? Bump for a few more.

I'm interested, but I'm not available from 8/10 - 8/17 due to vacation. If the date/time get changed please keep me in mind.

it'd be so unfair to the rest of you if I get to beat Pasquino's brains in twice, and you only get a shot at him once! :P

(BTW...at this point, we have 10)
Did we lose one? Bump for a few more.
:confused: 11...can't count

still @11, but have a couple PM's out there

we'd like to set this league roster in the next week or so, so that we can work on collecting the league fees ($75)

still @11, but have a couple PM's out therewe'd like to set this league roster in the next week or so, so that we can work on collecting the league fees ($75)
Check with nittanylion - I think he said he's got a few guys to round out the league.Let's lock down the 11 we have and worry about 12 (or more) later.

on the MoP thread, regarding "BB format"this thread is in regards to a pair of leagues we started a few yrs ago---The FIX---where we drafted a dynasty team AND redraft team, where WW and trades went on in both leagues

I had to drop due to one glich in the setup I could not overcome, which was NO FCFS waivers prior to gametime Sundays...I play in an outrageous number of leagues and need to be able to tweak last minute "situations" w/my rosters gameday

the WW setup had 2 blindbid periods, ending 6AM Wed morning and 5PM Saturday evening--which just didn't work w/my schedule, so I had to pull the plug to be fair to the rest of the league (from a competitive standpoint)

I never seemed to be able to hit the 6AM deadline for the "hot" WW player of the week, and missed the 5PM Saturday deadline for byes, injuries and the like

we can VERY EASILY set this to BB, while still being able to work trades, WW/FA and the like---all I ask is that if we use bid $$$ for FA we allow a FCFS period for 24 hrs prior to kick where a player can be added for the min waiver bid...makes sence, really, w/sites as they are these days

the players:

Fear the Turtle

ravnzfan

JP

roadkill

roadkill's buddy(possible)

XFajita

Commuter Man

Rayderr

phillyfan

Kenlin

4-sport

Underdog

correct to this point?

we'd like as many as 14, to play a perfectly balanced 13 game schedule... :mellow: but that's me wishin'

we'll use WCOFF rules/scoring/format as a basis to start from, will a couple additional requests from The Turtle...everything will be spelled out prior to the draft

site link again:

update...I'm on vacation early August, so if we can nail down the business by 8/1, that would really help me outthese are the 11 thusfar, w/Roadkill's buddy a potential 12th

site info above

fees are $75 (77.50 via PayPal)....my PP addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

or a check for $75--I'll PM my address to anyone wanting to pay snailmail

please post in here when you've sent the payment

the players:

Fear the Turtle

ravnzfan

JP

roadkill

roadkill's buddy(possible)

XFajita

Commuter Man

Rayderr

phillyfan

Kenlin

4-sport

Underdog

correct to this point?

we'd like as many as 14, to play a perfectly balanced 13 game schedule... :thumbdown: but that's me wishin'

site link again:

update...I'm on vacation early August, so if we can nail down the business by 8/1, that would really help me outthese are the 11 thusfar, w/Roadkill's buddy a potential 12th

site info above

fees are $75 (77.50 via PayPal)....my PP addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

or a check for $75--I'll PM my address to anyone wanting to pay snailmail

please post in here when you've sent the payment

Sorry,guys I dont mean to seem like a procrastinator but,I've never done an auction draft.

I dont have a clue what the format is or what the rules are.

Are we doing IDP's?

How much auction $ do we have to bid with?

So many q's???

Whats scary also,what is WW setup & BB type format?

I like to jump right in but,Im going in completely blind.

Basically I'm feeling like an easy mark.

An FNG or virgin,LOL!

Sorry,guys I dont mean to seem like a procrastinator but,I've never done an auction draft.I dont have a clue what the format is or what the rules are.Are we doing IDP's?How much auction $ do we have to bid with?So many q's???Whats scary also,what is WW setup & BB type format?I like to jump right in but,Im going in completely blind.Basically I'm feeling like an easy mark.An FNG or virgin,LOL!
so this would be a great situation to try an auction--a couple guys in for the first time, a couple of us have minimal experience (my local redraft splits between serpentine and auction each yr--we do auction #3 this yr)rules/lineups will be WCOFF, with some slight modification that will be nailed down before handthere will be no IDP's WWire will be blind bid $$$ and BB (Best Ball) means we don't have to submit a starting lineup, our best preformers will be scored by the system

Sorry,guys I dont mean to seem like a procrastinator but,I've never done an auction draft.I dont have a clue what the format is or what the rules are.Are we doing IDP's?How much auction $ do we have to bid with?So many q's???Whats scary also,what is WW setup & BB type format?I like to jump right in but,Im going in completely blind.Basically I'm feeling like an easy mark.An FNG or virgin,LOL!
so this would be a great situation to try an auction--a couple guys in for the first time, a couple of us have minimal experience (my local redraft splits between serpentine and auction each yr--we do auction #3 this yr)rules/lineups will be WCOFF, with some slight modification that will be nailed down before handthere will be no IDP'sIm going to pass but thanks for inviting me and for your time.I luv doing IDP's and I dont think I like the BB format.Keep me in mind for any MD/Pa/DC/WV traditional drafts in personGoodluck 2 uWWire will be blind bid $$$ and BB (Best Ball) means we don't have to submit a starting lineup, our best preformers will be scored by the system

Users who are viewing this thread