What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 Spots in 16 Team Slow Auction Dynasty / Management Gurus Welcomed (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
We are going to skip the NFL Team name thing... and roll w/ a 16 team dynasty league.

I am targeting July 20 to begin the auction.

Right now, theres 3 spot left...

New Pay out system for 16 teamer

16 Teams League, 6 Teams adv to playoffs

Entry Fees - $25 per Team; $25 x 32 = $400: Take out $90 in MFL and Pay-site Fees and there will be $310 Paid out to the league.

Playoff Seeds 1 & 2 form each Conference - $30 (Total of $60)

Playoff Seeds 3 - 4 form each Conference - $15 (Total of $30)

2 Playoff Wildcards form Each Conference - $10 (Total of $20)

Each winner of week 14 receives $10 (Total of $40)

Each winner of week 15 receives $15 (Total of $60)

SuperBowl Winner (Week 16) receives $100

HomePage

ByLaws

League Scoring is set

The draft will take a long time, and will be very challenging... it will take all of August to complete.

Initial Auction

* The initial auction date will be set once all teams have submitted payment and a date.

* Auction will be an online, conducted on the Host Site; MFL

* The initial auction will take a long time; please have the ability to check in multiple times a day and please have patience.

* Each Franchise will begin the initial year with a $100,000,000 ($100 Mil, No Cents) Salary Cap.

* A Players' Min Bid is $500K and bids will be in an increment of $50K.

* You will be forced to draft all 46 players in the Draft, You will need to follow the Roster Requirements and Limits. Players can not be dropped or Traded during the Draft.

* Draft Hours will be from 10 am ET to 12 am ET (Midnight). No Nomination or Bid can be made after 12 am ET until 10 am ET. (This will prevent people from Nominating player in the middle of the night and sniping them the next day)

* The Draft will be Ebay Style (Proxy Auction). Once a Player is nominated, they will be on the clock for 24 hrs. The Clock will not reset, even if the highest changes. Again, the same way Ebay works.

From the MFL Page: Here's a detailed example of how proxy bidding works. Let's assume your league is set up (on the "for commissioners > setup > auction setup" page) with the following parameters:

Minimum Opening Bid: $500,000

Minimum Bid Raise: $50,000

Let's assume that Franchise 1 opens bidding on Player A, and the initial bid is $5,000,000. The system will "remember" the maximum bid of $5,000,000; and report the initial bid on this player equal to the "Minimum Opening Bid" of $50,000.

Then, Franchise 2 submits a bid of $2,000,000 on Player A. The system recognizes that Franchise 1 was willing to pay up to $5,000,000 for Player A, so immediately after Franchise 2 submits his $2,000,000 bid, the system notifies him that he has been outbid, and then considers the high bid on Player A to be $2,000,000. Then, Franchise 2 submits a bid of $5,000,000 on Player A. The system recognizes that this bid amount is equal to the maximum bid made by Franchise 1, so the system then considers Franchise 2 to be immediately out-bid (earlier bids always beat later bids of the same amount), but the system then considers the current bid amount for Player A to be $5.00 (the maximum amount that Franchise 1 was willing to bid).

In other words, this "proxy" bidding configuration allows a franchise owner to bid only as much as he needs to on any given player, and no more.

Commissioner Requests:

** Please begin the draft with only having 2 Players Nominated in the Auction Pool at a time. I do not want to overload the Auction Pool, But I want to keep a constant flow to it as well. So I ask that there be no less than 25 Players in the Auction Pool and no more than 35 Players at a time. I calculated that the Draft will take up to 50 days if everyone follows these Rules

This can easily be done if everyone works together and follows some simple rules:

*After we have 32 or so Players nominated; Do Not Nominate Anymore Players Unless you win a Player from the Auction Pool or I give an ok to nominate!

*If I see managers continuously nominating players when they shouldn't; there will be one warning. If behavior continues I will lock your ability to Nominate players.

*Once you win a player, simply place another one back in the pool!

*You will have 24 hrs or till 11pm ET the following day to nominate your next player after winning a bid. If you do not nominate a player by that time frame, Commissioner will allow another manager to nominate a player.

*If the Player pool falls to 25 or below, Commissioner will allow managers to nominate players until the Auction Pool Builds back up. This will allow the draft to flow smoothly and as quickly as possible.

Again, Patience will be the key for this to work smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
KellysHeroes said:
Also, if please post which time zone your are from...I want to keep the time Zones together... if I can fill up each conference with a group who are in similar Time Zones, it would be easier.Also, Pick an NFL Team.
I want the Saints. CST.

KellysHeroes said:
Also, if please post which time zone your are from...I want to keep the time Zones together... if I can fill up each conference with a group who are in similar Time Zones, it would be easier.Also, Pick an NFL Team.
I want the Saints. CST.
Cool, I just edited the OP... I want to get the ETs and CTs into the AFC. That way, I could put them on a different time set... if you don't mind being set about 2 hrs later than the AFC; then you are the Saints.

I'll give it a try, give me the Eagles, ET.
Again, I want to keep the ETs & CTs in the AFC. If I can fill up the NFC w/ mostly PTs & MTs... I'll place their Draft on PT instead of ET.If u don't mind the change in draft hrs; I'll leave u as the Eagles.

***Update***

Jets / Saints / Eagles / Falcons Taken

Also, don't forget.. I need your email addresses to set up ur acounts on MFL

I think I may be interested in this, but unless I am missing something.How much is this league?
The leagues cost will be no more than $10.. maybe even less. This is a dry run year, so I'm not asking anyone to invest much money into it. Just enough for the MFL cost and a couple of small payouts.Next yr, all those that played this yr... and played seriously... will be invited back to join the real league.

Update

AFC Teams Taken - Jets / Browns / Colts / Bengals

NFC Teams Taken - Saints / Eagles / Falcons / Giants

Also, I am reducing the roster size to 36... instead of 46. No need for those extra spaces if we're not in dynasty mode.

I am looking to start the draft inbetween July 21th & July 27th.

I am still considering.....The league sounds neat, I just dont wanna be a part of the dry run....once I get moving I wanna start cranking it out. Knowing my luck my team will go off this year and then I will have to throw everyone back in and I will draft a team of stiffs.

I am still considering.....The league sounds neat, I just dont wanna be a part of the dry run....once I get moving I wanna start cranking it out. Knowing my luck my team will go off this year and then I will have to throw everyone back in and I will draft a team of stiffs.
Derek, I agree....Mr. KellysHeroes, what about we get going from day 1, instead of a dry run?I have people that are also interested in joining, but not for a dry run year....

Derek, I agree....Mr. KellysHeroes, what about we get going from day 1, instead of a dry run?I have people that are also interested in joining, but not for a dry run year....
I see what he is trying to do. He wants to make sure everything goes smoothly and there isnt any hiccups, but if its just practice it will be hard to really test the systems. I wont be nearly as active in a "practice" league as I would in a real league....but I still see his point. Why not get a neutral 3rd party to act as an arbitrator in case something does come up. We can have a league vote and also have the arb step in.Its his call, he is the commish....but I just wanna let him know my stance.

Derek, I agree....Mr. KellysHeroes, what about we get going from day 1, instead of a dry run?

I have people that are also interested in joining, but not for a dry run year....
I see what he is trying to do. He wants to make sure everything goes smoothly and there isnt any hiccups, but if its just practice it will be hard to really test the systems. I wont be nearly as active in a "practice" league as I would in a real league....but I still see his point. Why not get a neutral 3rd party to act as an arbitrator in case something does come up. We can have a league vote and also have the arb step in.

Its his call, he is the commish....but I just wanna let him know my stance.
I wouldn't mind making it a real run if we fill up all 32 teams, and everyone that joins understands that there may be some adjustments in the rules for next yr. we'll see how it goes in another week. If we get about half way there... we'll see what everyone wants to do that joined.

Derek, I agree....Mr. KellysHeroes, what about we get going from day 1, instead of a dry run?

I have people that are also interested in joining, but not for a dry run year....
I see what he is trying to do. He wants to make sure everything goes smoothly and there isnt any hiccups, but if its just practice it will be hard to really test the systems. I wont be nearly as active in a "practice" league as I would in a real league....but I still see his point. Why not get a neutral 3rd party to act as an arbitrator in case something does come up. We can have a league vote and also have the arb step in.

Its his call, he is the commish....but I just wanna let him know my stance.
I wouldn't mind making it a real run if we fill up all 32 teams, and everyone that joins understands that there may be some adjustments in the rules for next yr. we'll see how it goes in another week. If we get about half way there... we'll see what everyone wants to do that joined.
I will wait to see what happens. I am completely behind the idea that things might change. Ill keep track of the thread and see what happens. I probably know 1 or 2 more guys that might be interested if this thing really does lift off.

I will wait to see what happens. I am completely behind the idea that things might change. Ill keep track of the thread and see what happens. I probably know 1 or 2 more guys that might be interested if this thing really does lift off.
Ok, don't worry... we're still going to go either way. We have 8 or so members... so I'm sure I'll get atleast 16 by mid-July. But I'll write a post to the members of the league tonight. But for now; we're still going under 'Dry Run Rules'.

I just emailed the previously signed up... I am going to attempt to fill the league and go into start up yr this yr. If I can not fill the league by mid to late july; I will go back into Dry Run mode and do Start up Yr next yr.

Everyone who is signing up please understand that there may be some adjustments made to the rules next season as many of us are new to these rule sets. There are pretty much set for now.

I want to make the entry fee around $30 for start-up yr... that way I am able to give decent payouts to champions. I will give a payout system in the next day or 2.

If we go back into dry run mode... entry fee is back to $10

Auction timer will have to be set too 24 hrs instead of 48. I feel that we won't have enough time to place a player on bid for 48 hrs.

So lets see how many we get in 2 & 1/2 weeks... but its sounds like people are ready to drive into this.

Thank you

Great man!! I'm definitely happy about this..

I just emailed the previously signed up... I am going to attempt to fill the league and go into start up yr this yr. If I can not fill the league by mid to late july; I will go back into Dry Run mode and do Start up Yr next yr.Everyone who is signing up please understand that there may be some adjustments made to the rules next season as many of us are new to these rule sets. There are pretty much set for now.I want to make the entry fee around $30 for start-up yr... that way I am able to give decent payouts to champions. I will give a payout system in the next day or 2.If we go back into dry run mode... entry fee is back to $10Auction timer will have to be set too 24 hrs instead of 48. I feel that we won't have enough time to place a player on bid for 48 hrs. So lets see how many we get in 2 & 1/2 weeks... but its sounds like people are ready to drive into this.Thank you

I am very intrigued by this and would also want the 1st year to be the real deal... give me the Steelers please.

I am in the ET

Thanks

Pay out system created

Entry Fees - $25 per Team ($25 x 32 = $800: MFL Deluxe Charge of $170 + $40 in pay site costs = $-210 (about $1.50 a team)).

$800 - $210 gives $590 in payouts

Playoff Seeds 1 & 2 form each Conference - $30 (Total of $120)

Playoff Seeds 3 – 4 form each Conference - $15 (Total of $60)

2 Playoff Wildcards form Each Conference - $10 (Total of $40)

Each winner of week 13 receives $10 ($Total of $40)

Each winner of week 14 receives $20 (Total of $80)

Each winner of week 15 receives $75 (Total of $150)

2 are set

Update

AFC Teams Taken - Jets / Browns / Colts / Bengals / Bills / Steelers

Pay out system createdEntry Fees - $25 per Team ($25 x 32 = $800: MFL Deluxe Charge of $170 + $40 in pay site costs = $-210 (about $1.50 a team)). $800 - $210 gives $590 in payouts*************************************************************
I'm just wondering what is the $40 in pay site costs for if the site is included in the $159.The MFL Deluxe cost is $159 if purchased by July 31st, not $170.

I'm just wondering what is the $40 in pay site costs for if the site is included in the $159.

When money gets transfered over the internet, the site that does the transfering takes a small percentage; Like I said; it'll be around $1.50 or so). So when u transfer $25 to the account; only get $23 and change is going in. Get it.

I can not say the site's name since I have gotten in trouble w/ them in the past... but they are the most popular one.

The MFL Deluxe cost is $159 if purchased by July 31st, not $170.

That I didn't know, I though it ended on July 15th... if thats the case I'll slap on the other $10 to one of the payouts.

Ofcourse, I'm not paying for the MFL Deluxe Feature until I'm positive we have enough teams

I'm just wondering what is the $40 in pay site costs for if the site is included in the $159.

When money gets transfered over the internet, the site that does the transfering takes a small percentage; Like I said; it'll be around $1.50 or so). So when u transfer $25 to the account; only get $23 and change is going in. Get it.

I can not say the site's name since I have gotten in trouble w/ them in the past... but they are the most popular one.

That I didn't know, I though it ended on July 15th... if thats the case I'll slap on the other $10 to one of the payouts.

Ofcourse, I'm not paying for the MFL Deluxe Feature until I'm positive we have enough teams
Gotcha!!If we only get 16 people, we'll just go with the regular league, I think it is $79

Gotcha!!If we only get 16 people, we'll just go with the regular league, I think it is $79
R u interested?AFC Teams Taken - Jets / Browns / Colts / Bengals / Bills / Steelers

I have a question about the way contract years works

Lets say you have player A at 5 years 10 million bucks.....

After year 2 he still has 3 years left on his contract, but you decide to cut him....do you get those 3 years back? do you get 5 years back? do you still owe him 10 million for years 3, 4, and 5?

I guess going along with this question. After year 1 do you get those contract years back?

I am a little hazy on this.

I have a question about the way contract years worksLets say you have player A at 5 years 10 million bucks.....After year 2 he still has 3 years left on his contract, but you decide to cut him....do you get those 3 years back? do you get 5 years back? do you still owe him 10 million for years 3, 4, and 5?I guess going along with this question. After year 1 do you get those contract years back? I am a little hazy on this.
gladly answer ur questions.So u sign player A @ 10 M and give him a contract for 5 yrsYr 1 - Player A makes 10 MYr 2 - Player A Makes 11 M (10% increase)U then decide to cut player, you will recieve a cap penality of $2,750,000 for that yr (if u cut the player after our Fiscal yr starts, the charge will be carry over into the following yr as well). Yes, u will not be reponsible for the rest of those contract yrs. And yes, u get those contract yrs back after each yr.Heres from the Bylaws• Cap Penalties: Whenever a Player is dropped, you will be penalize 25% of that Player’s Current Salary. • Any player dropped before the next Fiscal Year; That Cap Penalty will carry over to the Next Year.• Our Fiscal Year begins July 15th, Commissioner is going to need about 3 weeks to recalculate the Salaries.Examples: 1. You drop Player A, w/ a Salary of 10M, in the middle of the 2008 season, you receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty during that season. That Cap Penalty also Rolls into the 2009 Season2. You drop Player A on July 14th, 2008. You receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the 2009 Season only.3. You drop Player A on July 15th, 2008. You receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the 2009 and 2010 Season.again, these may need to be tweaked her and there

I have a question about the way contract years worksLets say you have player A at 5 years 10 million bucks.....After year 2 he still has 3 years left on his contract, but you decide to cut him....do you get those 3 years back? do you get 5 years back? do you still owe him 10 million for years 3, 4, and 5?I guess going along with this question. After year 1 do you get those contract years back? I am a little hazy on this.
gladly answer ur questions.So u sign player A @ 10 M and give him a contract for 5 yrsYr 1 - Player A makes 10 MYr 2 - Player A Makes 11 M (10% increase)U then decide to cut player, you will recieve a cap penality of $2,750,000 for that yr (if u cut the player after our Fiscal yr starts, the charge will be carry over into the following yr as well). Yes, u will not be reponsible for the rest of those contract yrs. And yes, u get those contract yrs back after each yr.Heres from the Bylaws• Cap Penalties: Whenever a Player is dropped, you will be penalize 25% of that Player’s Current Salary. • Any player dropped before the next Fiscal Year; That Cap Penalty will carry over to the Next Year.• Our Fiscal Year begins July 15th, Commissioner is going to need about 3 weeks to recalculate the Salaries.Examples: 1. You drop Player A, w/ a Salary of 10M, in the middle of the 2008 season, you receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty during that season. That Cap Penalty also Rolls into the 2009 Season2. You drop Player A on July 14th, 2008. You receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the 2009 Season only.3. You drop Player A on July 15th, 2008. You receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the 2009 and 2010 Season.again, these may need to be tweaked her and there
So in theory lets say you sign your 25 man roster and use up all your contract years. (Not smart)After year 1 you will have 25 contract years available becuase all 25 players served one year worth of their contract.

I had a question or 2 towards Cap penalities; so I reworded the rule and cleared it up.• Cap Penalties: Whenever a Player is dropped, you will be penalize 25% of that Player’s Current Salary during that season, the Penality also follows for 1 yr. • Any player dropped before the next Fiscal Year; That Cap Penalty will carry over to the Next Year.• Our Fiscal Year begins July 15th, Commissioner is going to need about 3 weeks to recalculate the Salaries.Examples: 1.You drop Player A, w/ a Salary of 10M, in the middle of the 2008 season, you receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty during that season. That Cap Penalty also Rolls into the 2009 Season (Rule above is that cap penalty will follow for one season)2. You drop Player A during the following Offseason on July 14th 2009, You receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the next Season only (2009). **(July 14th will be viewed as our last day of our 2008 season)3. You drop Player A during the following Offseason on July 15th, 2009. You receive a $2.5M Cap Penalty That Rolls into the 2009 and 2010 Season.**(July 15th will be viewed as our first day of our 2009 season, and the rule above is that a cap penalty will follow for one season)

Teams available

AFC (I would like Eastern and Central Time Zones in this Conf; Draft timer will be from 9am ET too 11pm ET)

East - Patriots / Dolphins

North - Full

South - Jags / Titans /Texans

West - Chargers / Broncos / Raiders

NFC (I would like Pacific and Mountain Time Zones in this Conf; Draft Timer will be from 9am MT too 11pm MT)

East - Redskins

North - Pack / Vikings / Lions / Bears

South - Bucs / Panthers /

West - Cards / 49ers / Rams / Seahawks

We are going to skip the NFL Team name thing... and roll w/ a 16 team dynasty league.

I am targeting July 20 to begin the auction.

Right now, theres 3 spot left...

New Pay out system for 16 teamer

16 Teams League, 6 Teams adv to playoffs

Entry Fees - $25 per Team; $25 x 32 = $400: Take out $90 in MFL and Pay-site Fees and there will be $310 Paid out to the league.

Playoff Seeds 1 & 2 form each Conference - $30 (Total of $60)

Playoff Seeds 3 - 4 form each Conference - $15 (Total of $30)

2 Playoff Wildcards form Each Conference - $10 (Total of $20)

Each winner of week 14 receives $10 (Total of $40)

Each winner of week 15 receives $15 (Total of $60)

Bump.. possibly just 2 spots left

Draft Drop Dead Date is July 27th, if we can fill up and get all teams paid... we'll start sooner

Bump, one or two spots left... depends on payments. Right now I got 12 paid teams; looking for a couple more to get started

I'm very interested in joining, if allowed. But I have two major concerns: (1) I live in the UK, and although I'm very active on the internet I don't know how that works for you; and (2) I'm probably going on vacation next Saturday, July 26. Not sure how that would work, either. TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread