What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL3 - Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

1.16 Randy Moss, WR, NE

2.01 Jason Witten, TE, DAL
Interesting :o
TOs away, Romo and Witten can play. :lmao: Picking at the turn necessitated a slight reach, although in this format I would think the stud TEs would be mid to late first round picks - it's not nearly as easy to cobble together an effective committee there as it is at the other positions, so the only likely way to get top 5 production from your TE slot is to invest in a stud.

wraith couldnt wait 5 mins?
Lighten up, Francis... Steve Slaton, RB, Houston Texans

I like what Bloom is talking about, but I'm going to go the "safer" route and lock in my RB's out of the gate. One less thing to worry about in later rounds.

ETA: PM'd the next three.

Last edited by a moderator:
would have loved it if one of the last 4 picks slipped to me here. guess I should get used to Bloom soaking up the value in between my slots.

anyway, I'll take:

2.03 WR Calvin Johnson

would have loved it if one of the last 4 picks slipped to me here. guess I should get used to Bloom soaking up the value in between my slots.

anyway, I'll take:

2.03 WR Calvin Johnson
Some silly thing in my head was really hoping that he'd drop to me. Ahh well, wishful thinking!

I likely won't be around until 4 pm EST or later today. Sent a list to Norseman, so hopefully he's around if it gets to my turn...

This may come back and bite me later...................................but comments like this one yesterday followed by a lengthy wait the next are :goodposting:
lol @ NorrisB complaining about someone else making everyone wait a few minutes and then disappearing today. what time does his clock expire?
in about an hour and 20 minutes according to my calculations. Also, i can take PM Lists from anyone if need be. I will be around until 7pm EST.

This may come back and bite me later...................................but comments like this one yesterday followed by a lengthy wait the next are :confused:
lol @ NorrisB complaining about someone else making everyone wait a few minutes and then disappearing today. what time does his clock expire?
in about an hour and 20 minutes according to my calculations. Also, i can take PM Lists from anyone if need be. I will be around until 7pm EST.
He was on the clock as of 8:00 this morning, so he has until 4:00 est.

This may come back and bite me later...................................but comments like this one yesterday followed by a lengthy wait the next are :confused:
He was on the clock as of 8:00 this morning, so he has until 4:00 est.
according to my FBG clock the last pick was made at 7:16am EST.

2.6. Steve Smith WR pming next

pm sent to andy. pm'd wraith by accident too sorry man.

2.7 - Antonio Gates, TE3, SD

Having two guys from the same team is not my favorite option,but whatever...
I was REALLY hoping he would somehow fall to me. With 2 pt/reception, he is absolute money. I still think he's the top TE in this format.
I was hoping the same thing too, but when you sent me your picks I knew it wasn't going to happen.

2.7 - Antonio Gates, TE3, SDHaving two guys from the same team is not my favorite option,but whatever...
I was REALLY hoping he would somehow fall to me. With 2 pt/reception, he is absolute money. I still think he's the top TE in this format.
He definitely has the talent to be #1. Honestly there's not that much difference between the top 3 TEs - I think Witten has the juiciest situation. The big question to me about Gates is whether he ever gets completely back to full health with his age and the multiple injuries he battled last year. Gonzo is interesting because Cassel could make him even better. All three are value in the 2nd if you ask me.

The thing with Gates is that he still caught 60 passes even with all the injuries he had. I'm a bit worried about how he'll fit with the emergence of the other guys in that offense, plus I wasn't crazy about taking him since I already had LT. But I think I'll be all right.

I'm liking this #10 spot so far.

2.11 Marques Colston WR Saints

will pm next

Was visiting Mississippi DOT when the afternoon rush commenced.

2.16 QB Tom Brady

3.1 TE Dallas Clark
I almost took Clark instead of Gates.
3.2 Reggie Bush RB NO
Good value here in a PPR league. Surprised he lasted this long. Injuries are a big concern, eh?
Yea injuries are a concern, he missed around 6 games last year, so if he can stay healthy this could be a great pic. If he gets injured alot though it might hurt. In a ppr league I wanted to roll with him and hope he stays healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread