What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 2 (1 Viewer)

Sorry for the delay, the Cardinal game had me in a slumber yesterday and today.

1.5 De.....

DEvelopment brewing!!!

SURPRISE SURPRISE!

1.5 Michael Turner, RB ATL

pm'ing

btw: We have some good characters in here from www.theFantasySportsChannel.com. I will be talking about this draft LIVE on Friday night as I'm sure NoFBinLA will as well. Would WELCOME any of you guys on to talk draft strategy etc.

I'll be ready to defend my selection.

Good stuff here.

Guys will be willing to discuss strategy after the fact, after it actually plays out. Strategy is a bit different than defending an individual pick.....the pick being part of the strategy.

I'd suggest a reminder that's closer to the event....remembering to do this on the week end is different than trying to do that on a Monday.

I would have taken Portis earlier than 12, so it was cruel watching that.

I'm going to go a completely different route and take

1.13 Reggie Wayne

1.14 - Randy Moss

Just give me the championshiop now, little girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.9 Team ramrod1.10 Domination1.11 Frank Black1.12 Jeff Terfertiller1.13 bostonfred1.14 LHUCKS1.15 BassNBrew
Talk about having your cake and eating it to. I'll basically get 1.9 or 1.10 value and still get an early pick in the second round.
I will too, come to PDSL 4 and make a quick example of us, we are in need of your heinous.

1.14 - Randy MossJust give me the championshiop now, little girls.
I hate to feed your ego in any way, but it was between Wayne and Moss at my pick. I only took Wayne because I thought there was a slight chance of me getting Moss at my next pick, and no chance of me getting Wayne. You still look like a combination of a camp counselor and Paris Hilton's pocket dog.

btw: We have some good characters in here from www.theFantasySportsChannel.com. I will be talking about this draft LIVE on Friday night as I'm sure NoFBinLA will as well. Would WELCOME any of you guys on to talk draft strategy etc.
Yeah I'm sure I'll cover it Wednesday night a bit - anyone is welcome to come by and chat. Will mostly be covering my experience and observations a from USC Pro Day and interviewing Shawn Zobel BUT I will chat about this thing as well and if someone wants to call in (probably near the end of the show) I will happily run over time. :cry:On less of a tangent =- I'm about to jump in the car to drive of to LA or USC Pro Day - SO I am sending a list to domination (who is laid up by ACL surgery and said earlier he'll be around) and Thom Yorke (who picks after me soon) with a list for my next selection. It should cover me for at least that one. If I come up during the night, feel free to keep things moving.Otherwise I will be sporadically in contact with a computer tomorrow so I SHOULD be able to make a third pick, were we to hit one. If I can, I will check tonight and update another list to someone to make sure, but I actually don't know where I am sleeping in LA tonight...I'll include contact info to Thom and Dom in case all hell breaks loose and they need to contact me.

I'll be home tonight and all day tomorrow if anybody needs to send a list. I'll gladly make the proxy pick for ya, as long as it ain't my guy :D No, seriously, if anyone sent me a list I'd post the player they have on their list in the order they have them.It'd only be the 2nd and 3rd round anyway so there's still a few good players out there to choose from. I'm honest and can be trusted with a list if anyone's gonna be outta pocket come their next pick, just click on my avatar and check the honest look on my face in my profile pic :shrug:

I hate to feed your ego in any way, but it was between Wayne and Moss at my pick. I only took Wayne because I thought there was a slight chance of me getting Moss at my next pick, and no chance of me getting Wayne.
Cool, just keep making mistakes like that and my draft should turn out just fine. :ph34r:

I hate to feed your ego in any way, but it was between Wayne and Moss at my pick. I only took Wayne because I thought there was a slight chance of me getting Moss at my next pick, and no chance of me getting Wayne.
Cool, just keep making mistakes like that and my draft should turn out just fine. :goodposting:
You'll find no disagreement that you need help.

Per his PM, Steel Dillo selects:

1.8 Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
Dillo, We'll let you pick again, please don't taint this prestigous draft with #### picks like this.
OK I'll bite here since my draft is limping along like Pac10 basketballDo you think it was a bad pick because you like several players taken after Forte?

and/or you dont think he can reproduce his rookie season

Or you think much like EBF that he's a no talent ### clown and will be replaced?

Or he's the Bears RB and he's doomed with that team

Ill hang up and listen

Dillo, We'll let you pick again, please don't taint this prestigous draft with #### picks like this.
OK I'll bite here since my draft is limping along like Pac10 basketballDo you think it was a bad pick because you like several players taken after Forte?

and/or you dont think he can reproduce his rookie season

Or you think much like EBF that he's a no talent ### clown and will be replaced?

Or he's the Bears RB and he's doomed with that team

Ill hang up and listen
A) you want to be in our draft, admit it.B) Yes, I like several players taken after Forte...I think he has limited upside based on his skillset and the Bears offense. I don't think it's impossible for him to improve on his rookie numbers but I believe the odds are stacked against him. An overly conservative pick in this format IMHO. This is a pick with limited upside and dangerous downside.

2.01 Brandon Jacobs, RB, NYG
Wow, just when I thought the Forte pick couldn't be topped...
Now that Ward has moved south to Tampa Bay, Beast Jacobs could be in for a monster year in 2009 if he plays all 16 games. He only played 13 last year and still had 15 td's.He should get more than 6 catches this year too. Good shot at gettin' into the top 10.
If Jacobs starts every game next year and totals over 200 carries I'll declare Bass N Brew the best fantasy football mind of our time...for a year. Back to reality, Jacobs isn't going to stay healthy and Bass couldn't find a sleeper if you locked him in a rest home.Drafting guys you know will A) get injured or could B) see substantial rest at the end of the regular season is a guppy move in this format. Not to mention, Jacobs just got paid...I don't like that. Also, banking on high TD numbers is an excellent way to f' up your projections.

2.01 Brandon Jacobs, RB, NYG
Wow, just when I thought the Forte pick couldn't be topped...
Now that Ward has moved south to Tampa Bay, Beast Jacobs could be in for a monster year in 2009 if he plays all 16 games. He only played 13 last year and still had 15 td's.He should get more than 6 catches this year too. Good shot at gettin' into the top 10.
If Jacobs starts every game next year and totals over 300 carries I'll declare Bass N Brew the best fantasy football mind of our time...for a year. Back to reality, Jacobs isn't going to stay healthy and Bass couldn't find a sleeper if you locked him in a rest home.

Drafting guys you know will A) get injured or could B) see substantial rest at the end of the regular season is a guppy move in this format. Not to mention, Jacobs just got paid...I don't like that.
What does BNB have to do with this? Jeff P picked Jacobs, and it was GoBW that complimented him on the pick.I might be highly medicated, but this didn't make sense to me.

What does BNB have to do with this?
The point was that I'm fairly confident Jacobs will be missing some games this year, thus I wont have to make ridiculous assertions such as Bass knows what he's doing.Let's look at some simple stats:
Code:
Year Age Tm Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb 2005 23 NYG  16 0 38 99 7 21 2.6 6.2 2.4		99 7 1 2006 24 NYG  15 0 96 423 9 16 4.4 28.2 6.4 11 149 13.5 0 43 0.7 9.9 572 9 2 2007 25 NYG RB 11 9 202 1009 4 43 5.0 91.7 18.4 23 174 7.6 2 34 2.1 15.8 1183 6 5 2008 26 NYG RB 13 13 219 1089 15 44 5.0 83.8 16.8 6 36 6.0 0 9 0.5 2.8 1125 15 3 Career	55 22 555 2620 35 44 4.7 47.6 10.1 40 359 9.0 2 43 0.7 6.5 2979 37 11
So Jacobs averages 12 games a year when he gets 200 carries...that's a devestating number in this format. Can't have your #1 pick missing four games.Let's look at his game log now:
Code:
1 1 Thu Sep 4, 2008 box W NYG  WAS 16 7		  21 116 0 24 5.5 1 8 0 8 8.0 2 2 Sun Sep 14, 2008 box W NYG @ STL 41 13		  15 93 0 30 6.2 1 2 0 2 2.0 3 3 Sun Sep 21, 2008 box W NYG  CIN 26 23		  14 35 1 9 2.5	  4 5 Sun Oct 5, 2008 box W NYG  SEA 44 6		  15 136 2 44 9.1 1 9 0 9 9.0 5 6 Mon Oct 13, 2008 box L NYG @ CLE 14 35		  14 67 1 11 4.8	  6 7 Sun Oct 19, 2008 box W NYG  SFO 29 17		  17 69 2 26 4.1 1 6 0 6 6.0 7 8 Sun Oct 26, 2008 box W NYG @ PIT 21 14		  18 47 0 13 2.6 1 6 0 6 6.0 8 9 Sun Nov 2, 2008 box W NYG  DAL 35 14		  17 117 1 31 6.9	  9 10 Sun Nov 9, 2008 box W NYG @ PHI 36 31		  22 126 2 20 5.7	  10 11 Sun Nov 16, 2008 box W NYG  BAL 30 10		  11 73 2 36 6.6	  11 13 Sun Nov 30, 2008 box W NYG @ WAS 23 7		  21 71 1 23 3.4	  12 14 Sun Dec 7, 2008 box L NYG  PHI 14 20		  10 52 0 23 5.2	  13 16 Sun Dec 21, 2008 box W NYG  CAR 34 28		  24 87 3 16 3.6 1 5 0 5 5.0
Game Log Fact #1 - Jacobs finished with less than 80 total yards in 7 of the 13 games he played in. Game Log Fact #2 - Five ReceptionsGame Log Fact #3 - Facts #2 and Fact #1 are trends that do not favor consistent scoring in this formatJacobs has to repeat his phenomenal TD total in addition to bucking his injury trend to justify this pick IMHO.Jacobs is a solid non-ppr, H2H first rounder....he is a HORRIBLE first rounder in this format.I am a fantasy football God.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

OK I'll bite here since my draft is limping along like Pac10 basketball
BSS....go back to your own draft. Everyone knows that the Pac-10 doesn't play MENS basketball. Whats next? Unicorns farting rainbows? Montreal is not the capital of Canada? The Lions will go 16-0?Just plain crazy talk.

Peace

LHUCKS said:
Drafting guys you know will A) get injured or could B) see substantial rest at the end of the regular season is a guppy move in this format.
You mean guys like Westbrook who have not played a full season in more than 3 years????Well I guess your screwed for drafting him 6th overall in WSL.

Users who are viewing this thread