What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is the draft clock for the survivor leagues... (1 Viewer)

don't mess with the conference of champions

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• LHUCKS' late round prowess is unparallelled

• Total voters

LHUCKS

Footballguy
seriously, nobody gets up at 5 A.M....and our draft clock ends at 9:00 PM.

As blatant as the bias in the BCS polls :hifive:

Last edited by a moderator:
the clock shouldn't end til 3AM EST as compensation.

seriously, nobody gets up at 5 A.M....and our draft clock ends at 9:00 PM.As blatant as the bias in the BCS polls :thumbup:
Actually, lot's of people go to bed at 9-10 PM and get up at 5 or 6. Or is an eight hour time limit during the clock on period too short for you?Seriously, the same logic would say that midnight is too late to end the clock for those on the East coast, since most people in 8-5 type jobs aren't likely to stay up that late on a regular basis.Sorry, but this is just unnecessary :bs: and west coast :ph34r:

As blatant as the bias in the BCS polls :ph34r:
Actually, lot's of people go to bed at 9-10 PM and get up at 5 or 6. Or is an eight hour time limit during the clock on period too short for you?Seriously, the same logic would say that midnight is too late to end the clock for those on the East coast, since most people in 8-5 type jobs aren't likely to stay up that late on a regular basis.

Sorry, but this is just unnecessary :bs: and west coast :bs:
I have to say I disagree with this in so many ways. I think a more fair thing to do would be to go by central time then east coast time. That one extra hour can make a huge difference for the west coasters. :thumbup:

As blatant as the bias in the BCS polls :bs:
Actually, lot's of people go to bed at 9-10 PM and get up at 5 or 6. Or is an eight hour time limit during the clock on period too short for you?Seriously, the same logic would say that midnight is too late to end the clock for those on the East coast, since most people in 8-5 type jobs aren't likely to stay up that late on a regular basis.

Sorry, but this is just unnecessary :bs: and west coast :bs:
I have to say I disagree with this in so many ways. I think a more fair thing to do would be to go by central time then east coast time. That one extra hour can make a huge difference for the west coasters. :ph34r:
:thumbup: Mountain time gets no respect.

eh all the west coasters should be in the same survivor league

We have an eight hour clock. If you check at bedtime, regardless of how late that is for you, then you ALWAYS know when you go to bed how far it is from your pick. All you have to do is plan accordingly. If you are within a couple of picks and want to sleep in a little, then send a list.

Not so hard.

I live on the west coast and I am in the eastern time zone, so I guess I have the best of both worlds.

Is there anything you don't ##### about? I'm sure if you ask nicely your shift manager will let you use the computer in the office if you do a go job cleaning the bathroom during your hourly checks.

Check before you go to bed. If you're up then pick. If not then worst case you'll be 3 hours into your 8 hour clock at 8am your time.

Check before you go to bed. If you're up then pick. If not then worst case you'll be 3 hours into your 8 hour clock at 8am your time.
I don't have a problem with my picks...ace. Just pointing out the obvious bias that's exhibited in the draft policy.

I don't have a problem with my picks...ace. Just pointing out the obvious bias that's exhibited in the draft policy.
Excluding the mulligan change and edit deal.The only bias being exhibited is that we let a chronic underperformer like you into these leagues. Please go back to watching the LAC10 rhythmic gymnastics championship and stop cluttering up the big boy forum.

Excluding the mulligan change and edit deal.The only bias being exhibited is that we let a chronic underperformer like you into these leagues. Please go back to watching the LAC10 rhythmic gymnastics championship and stop cluttering up the big boy forum.
:goodposting: :lmao:

Again...there is no bias. This isn't the fifties anymore. People work all kinds of crazy hours and shifts. Many people get up and are off to work by 6 AM on the East coast, and are in bed by 10.

Tell you what...when you start running some, you can change the "clock-off" hours to be midnight to 8 AM Western. Let's see what kind of a differance that makes.

Predicted result...a couple of East Coasters use a couple hours of clock time, and a couple of west coasters who used to now don't. Draft itself finishes 6 hours later then it would have before.

Why don't we just have the clock on from 11:00 am EST to 2:00 pm EST. That way the clock is on when everyone should be awake in all time zones and then we can all stop crying about be shunned.

Give me a break. You have 8 hours to pick. Suck it up NANCY!!!

z

I'm in the rack in the meat of the day and work during the 12 midnight--8AM Eastern off hours you're complaining about...my avg time on the clock, without looking, waayyy shorter than yourslike any other FF league---learn the rules, work w/them, and if it's too much, take your ball and go play somewhere elsespeaking of which....alittle rack time is in order---chow

seriously, nobody gets up at 5 A.M....and our draft clock ends at 9:00 PM.As blatant as the bias in the BCS polls :thumbup:
If LHUCKS had a job that did not involve returning empty bottles, this schedule would mesh with his.Just saying....Peace

Is there anything you don't ##### about? I'm sure if you ask nicely your shift manager will let you use the computer in the office if you do a go job cleaning the bathroom during your hourly checks.Check before you go to bed. If you're up then pick. If not then worst case you'll be 3 hours into your 8 hour clock at 8am your time.
Ahh BnB.....you are assuming he has a job. How cute....Peace

Its easier to time out for a west coaster than an east coaster the way the clock hours have been setup if one just checks during normal waking hours. Yes.

Jeff Pasquino said:
like any other FF league---learn the rules, work w/them, and if it's too much, take your ball and go play somewhere else
Just saying there's an opportunity for improvement here. :shrug:
I agree. Should I ban you?
For trying to improve the process? I guess if you want. :shrug:
Link?
I would turnoff the clock from 1 AM to 9AM...which is still slightly beneficial to the East Coasters...just not as blatantly bias.

I hate it when LHUCKS makes a decent point. Eastern time, 10a-11p would be fair.

I would turnoff the clock from 1 AM to 9AM...which is still slightly beneficial to the East Coasters...just not as blatantly bias.

Now then, that's much better. I would not have any difficulty supporting this and I am a Central Time Zoner. Sad that it took this long to get a suggestion though. Why don't you start a new poll with a vote either for or against the new clock hours.

Might be better if you got one of the Jeffs to post the poll because others might be less swayed to just say NO.

How about just checking before bed and checking when you get up. If you're on the clock pick. If your close and won't be around, us the PM system. With the 8 hour clock, everyone gets 16 hours to make a pick.

Seriously? One friggin' hour? When you have eight hours to make a pick? What does that improve?

Users who are viewing this thread