What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor league allowing trades? (1 Viewer)

Sinrman

Footballguy
I vaguely remember one a few years back where you HAD to make a certain # of trades to be in the league...

Have a trade chart that everyone must follow. Allow teams to trade 3 for 1, or make it an even swap (like my 1st and 8th for your 2nd and 4th)? The uneven one could be tricky, but I could see it being kind of interesting at the same time. You might loaded up at the front, having two 1st rounders and two 3rd rounders, but you're missing your 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 10th rounders or more. One injury and you're in a world of hurt. In the meantime, I may have traded my 1st and/or 3rd or 4th rounders, but I have loaded up several 2nd rounders and 5th rounders. Rosters could be expanded, but limited to a certain amount (such as I could have just 17 players, but someone else may have shrewdly traded around and has 21 players).

Bad idea? Intriguing? I'm curious if it could work.

Of course it should work. Really adds some nice spice to a draft. With the group your working with should be no issue but the big worry would be the stupid trade that happens in alot of leagues that changes the balance of power pretty quickly. I do like the ability to go up and get a player though instead of hoping he drops to you.

Of course it should work. Really adds some nice spice to a draft. With the group your working with should be no issue but the big worry would be the stupid trade that happens in alot of leagues that changes the balance of power pretty quickly. I do like the ability to go up and get a player though instead of hoping he drops to you.
Hehe I was beginning to think that no one even wanted to go there...Well, stupid trades would always be a concern, but that's where I would want to come up with a trade chart, much like in the NFL. No trade can be pulled off if the points aren't even on both sides. Say my 1st is worth 1000 points and you want it. Your 2nd might be worth 700, your 6th worth 200. I wouldn't be able to do that, as it would be 1000 - 900. It might take your 2nd and 5th instead of 6th to pull it off. Just an example...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe I was beginning to think that no one even wanted to go there...Well, stupid trades would always be a concern, but that's where I would want to come up with a trade chart, much like in the NFL. No trade can be pulled off if the points aren't even on both sides. Say my 1st is worth 1000 points and you want it. Your 2nd might be worth 700, your 6th worth 200. I wouldn't be able to do that, as it would be 1000 - 900. It might take your 2nd and 5th instead of 6th to pull it off. Just an example...
Can still complicate things. watching the SSL's right now and I really like round 5. I would give up my 3rd and 6th for a 4th/5th pretty quickly but I lose that on the chart. Just common sense is needed and it is okay to lose a deal if it is within a certain percentage. If I want to get to the 1st for a stud player than so be it. I know at WR, I see a big dropoff happening at a certain point and would love to get to that point to get my guy and dont mind paying a little extra to do it if I feel I can get nice value later on as I see at QB.

Users who are viewing this thread