What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 Playoff Survivor League (2 Viewers)

I’ll keep smith and Gainwell
AJ and MVS. Are you good with drafting Thursday or Friday?

I’m good either way. I’ll be in the air twice for an hour each time on Friday (flying back from Charlottesville) but that shouldn’t be an issue.

I’ll take Kelce. Err, I mean the 1st pick.
I'll take the 2nd slot.

I'll set this up tonight and make your first pick and my 1/2 picks.

I’m good either way. I’ll be in the air twice for an hour each time on Friday (flying back from Charlottesville) but that shouldn’t be an issue.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

Excellent. I’m interested to see if the first 6 rounds go as I think.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

Just finished getting everything ready. Draft starts at 8am. Looks like one of us pre-drafted Kelce for you.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

Just finished getting everything ready. Draft starts at 8am. Looks like one of us pre-drafted Kelce for you.

👍🏽 thought you’d have taken Sanders, I was hoping for Juju at the 3.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

Had a plan, not sure if it was a good one. I'll elaborate more after your next two picks. Draft went as expected for me

I'll take the 2nd slot.

I'll take the 2nd slot.

Had a plan, not sure if it was a good one. I'll elaborate more after your next two picks. Draft went as expected for me

A plan other than avoiding a QB? ;)

May have gotten too cute focusing on strategy and not best players. Felt like I had to find a way to make up the hole Kelce will put me in so I wanted to try and force Oz's hand rather than out project him at RB. I was also pinned with taking Goedert otherwise I eat a donut at TE. Kept MVS instead of Sanders or McKinnon both of whom are projected to score higher. Sanders playoff success (which got me here) has been driven by TDs. Gainwell has been getting a lot of carries and Boston Scott has been appearing around the end zone. I saw 5 RBs with the capability to score points this weekend which is very usual. Knowing @-OZ- would keep Gainwell meant that I could pass on RB at the first turn and get one of Sanders/McKinnon/Pacheco, hence no need to keep one of the first two. If Oz doubled up, he was filling his flex spot within his first three picks. I was hoping he would take Sanders as only one of Sanders and Gainwell will be on the field at a time. I also wanted Hurts and figured I could wait because if Oz took him he would be canalabizing from his RB pair.

QB - Hurts
RB - McKinnon, Scott, CEH
WR - Brown, JuJu, MVS, Toney, Watson
TE - Goedert
D - Philly
K - Elliott

Rooting for the Chefs this weekend so I hope Oz smashes me at QB.

May have gotten too cute focusing on strategy and not best players. Felt like I had to find a way to make up the hole Kelce will put me in so I wanted to try and force Oz's hand rather than out project him at RB. I was also pinned with taking Goedert otherwise I eat a donut at TE. Kept MVS instead of Sanders or McKinnon both of whom are projected to score higher. Sanders playoff success (which got me here) has been driven by TDs. Gainwell has been getting a lot of carries and Boston Scott has been appearing around the end zone. I saw 5 RBs with the capability to score points this weekend which is very usual. Knowing @-OZ- would keep Gainwell meant that I could pass on RB at the first turn and get one of Sanders/McKinnon/Pacheco, hence no need to keep one of the first two. If Oz doubled up, he was filling his flex spot within his first three picks. I was hoping he would take Sanders as only one of Sanders and Gainwell will be on the field at a time. I also wanted Hurts and figured I could wait because if Oz took him he would be canalabizing from his RB pair.

QB - Hurts
TE - Goedert
D - Philly
K - Elliott

Makes sense. IIRC, most years we could look at the rosters and see the path for either team to win and could pretty much guess the winner with just the final score. I don’t think that’s the case here.
Ultimately I figured I’d take Mahomes only because I’ll be cheering for my old home team. I think we’re really close.

QB Mahomes
RB Gainwell, Pacheco, Sanders
WR Skyy, pascal, D smith, Quez
TE Kelce, Gray
K Butt-ker
D Chiefs

Man my receivers suck. The rest is solid.

Last edited:

QB - Hurts
TE - Goedert
D - Philly
K - Elliott

Makes sense. IIRC, most years we could look at the rosters and see the path for either team to win and could pretty much guess the winner with just the final score. I don’t think that’s the case here.
Ultimately I figured I’d take Mahomes only because I’ll be cheering for my old home team. I think we’re really close.

QB Mahomes 28.4
RB Gainwell 6.5, Pacheco 11.2, Sanders 12.1
WR Skyy 3.1, pascal, D smith 14.5, Quez 4.9
TE Kelce 22.8, Gray
K Butt-ker 8.5
D Chiefs 6.5

QB - Hurts 29.9
RB - McKinnon, 11.5 Scott 3.2, CEH
WR - Brown 15, JuJu 10.3, MVS 8.5, Toney 5.6, Watson
TE - Goedert 14
D - Philly 7.1
K - Elliott 8.5

Oz 118.5
BnB 113.6

QB - Hurts
TE - Goedert
D - Philly
K - Elliott

QB Mahomes 28.4
TE Kelce 22.8, Gray
K Butt-ker 8.5
D Chiefs 6.5

QB - Hurts 29.9
TE - Goedert 14
D - Philly 7.1
K - Elliott 8.5

Oz 118.5
BnB 113.6

Call me skeptical about quez.

QB - Hurts
TE - Goedert
D - Philly
K - Elliott

QB Mahomes 28.4
TE Kelce 22.8, Gray
K Butt-ker 8.5
D Chiefs 6.5

QB - Hurts 29.9
TE - Goedert 14
D - Philly 7.1
K - Elliott 8.5

Oz 118.5
BnB 113.6

Call me skeptical about quez.

You'll get something from Quez/Pascal combo, however it's better for you if those stats get piled onto Sanders/Gainwell cutting Hurts out of the equation.

Bloom’s projections not in, I did Wood solo and OZ 118.6 Bass 114.8, with half the difference being Hurts > Mahomes. If Mahomes and Kelce go off, OZ looks good here.

IMO strategically speaking....my initial thought is bass should have gone Mahomes instead of CEH at 8.10.....OZ wasn't going to take another RB....bass has two of the three primary options for Hurts already so that helps mitigate....he also basically had every receiving option not named Kelce for KC so he would have gotten a double up on absolutely everything else....

IMO strategically speaking....my initial thought is bass should have gone Mahomes instead of CEH at 8.10.....OZ wasn't going to take another RB....bass has two of the three primary options for Hurts already so that helps mitigate....he also basically had every receiving option not named Kelce for KC so he would have gotten a double up on absolutely everything else....

But he wanted Hurts.
We both basically played chicken with QB. I actually like Hurts but wanted Mahomes here.

FBG Consensus, QB scoring not corrected and still without Bloom numbers….

QB Mahomes 20.1
WR Skyy 3.1, pascal 2.0, D smith 14.5, Quez 4.9
TE Kelce 26.3, Gray 4.5
K Butt-ker 8.5
D Chiefs 6.5

QB - Hurts 23.4
RB - McKinno, 11.5, Scott 3.2, CEH 1.7
WR - Brown 15, JuJu 10.3, MVS 8.5, Toney 5.6, Watson 3.4
TE - Goedert 16.3
D - Philly 7.1
K - Elliott 8.5

Oz 113.7
BnB 109.4

You might be right. My thought was is Hurts is scoring then Sanders and Gainwell aren't and I make up ground. Every pass Mahomes sends to someone not named Kelce or Sky puts me ahead

You are correct, I shouldn't have taken CEH as Oz was done with position players.

Users who are viewing this thread