What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 Playoff Survivor (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Hopefully we can keep at least this league alive this year...

@Duckboy @OldMilwaukee @bro1ncos @rzrback77 @Stinkin Ref @ryheaps2 @Aaron Rudnicki @Maggot Brain @-OZ- @Go DC Yourself @Crippler @Clash of the Titans @renesauz @Anarchy99 @honeybadger21

Total Starters:10

Number of Starting QBs:1

Number of Starting RBs:2-3

Number of Starting WRs:3-4

Number of Starting TEs:1-2

Number of Starting PKs:1

Number of Starting Defs:1

Use "Best Ball" Lineup:Yes

We are drafting 12 spots. Note one flex at RB/WR/TE. You can draft 2 QBs or Ks, but the second may only be from the team of the first QB/K you drafted (you will get the highest score of the two and no flex score).

Don't draft number one seed players in week one.

we'll shed 4 teams after week one and then drop all scores. We'll redraft next week. Each team will have the option to keep one or two players. That will cost you your 7th and maybe your 8th round pick. We'll pick draft positions next week based scoring this week.

Standard FBG Survivor scoring with ppr scoring except 2 points per catch for TE.

1. BassNBrew
2. rzrback77
3. Duckboy
4. OldMil
5. Stinkin Ref
6. Bro1ncos
7. GoDCYourself
8. Mr. Ir
9. -OZ-

Last edited:
Eight signed up to date. Must check with @BassNBrew to see, but anticipate that twelve would be best, but we might can go with 8 or 10.

Spread the word so we will have twelve signed up. The draft would need to begin next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Eight signed up to date. Must check with @BassNBrew to see, but anticipate that twelve would be best, but we might can go with 8 or 10.

Spread the word so we will have twelve signed up. The draft would need to begin next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Eight is great as we can just make or cuts after the second round. If more show then we'll chop any over 8 after the first week.

Getting close. Will dice roll for order and then match with this....

1. BassNBrew
2. rzrback77
3. Duckboy
4. OldMil
5. Stinkin Ref
6. Bro1ncos
7. GoDCYourself
8. Mr. Ir
9. -OZ-

Edit - Sorry, forgot we dropped for 11 teams to 9. Will re-roll for 9.

Here's your draft order

97​
5. Stinkin Ref
84​
3. Duckboy
78​
2. rzrback77
62​
4. OldMil
59​
8. Mr. Ir
48​
9. -OZ-
37​
1. BassNBrew
23​
6. Bro1ncos
5​
7. GoDCYourself

Here's your draft order

97​
5. Stinkin Ref
84​
3. Duckboy
78​
2. rzrback77
62​
4. OldMil
59​
8. Mr. Ir
48​
9. -OZ-
37​
1. BassNBrew
23​
6. Bro1ncos
5​
7. GoDCYourself
👍🏽 looking forward to you snipping half my picks.
LOL...When I sorted the results I thought dang why does that SOB have to be in front of me taking all my players.
🤔
Is this on MFL?

What is the best draft philosophy for this league? QBs most important or like some preach about Anarchy Leagues to draft TEs early to assure dominance there?

Here's your draft order

97​
5. Stinkin Ref
84​
3. Duckboy
78​
2. rzrback77
62​
4. OldMil
59​
8. Mr. Ir
48​
9. -OZ-
37​
1. BassNBrew
23​
6. Bro1ncos
5​
7. GoDCYourself
LOL...When I sorted the results I thought dang why does that SOB have to be in front of me taking all my players.
🤔
Is this on MFL?
@-OZ- did you get an email invite? It is definitely all done on the MFL Website. And we will get started as soon as @Stinkin Ref wakes up and realizes that he drew the coveted #1 draft slot.

What is the best draft philosophy for this league? QBs most important or like some preach about Anarchy Leagues to draft TEs early to assure dominance there?
1. Draft a good kicker
2. Defense wins championships
3. Draft players that scores lots of fantasy points
4. Don’t draft players that suck

Here's your draft order

97​
5. Stinkin Ref
84​
3. Duckboy
78​
2. rzrback77
62​
4. OldMil
59​
8. Mr. Ir
48​
9. -OZ-
37​
1. BassNBrew
23​
6. Bro1ncos
5​
7. GoDCYourself
🤔
Is this on MFL?
@-OZ- did you get an email invite? It is definitely all done on the MFL Website. And we will get started as soon as @Stinkin Ref wakes up and realizes that he drew the coveted #1 draft slot.
I didn’t see an email but I appear to be in.

Here's your draft order

97​
5. Stinkin Ref
84​
3. Duckboy
78​
2. rzrback77
62​
4. OldMil
59​
8. Mr. Ir
48​
9. -OZ-
37​
1. BassNBrew
23​
6. Bro1ncos
5​
7. GoDCYourself
🤔
Is this on MFL?

Man, that was weird - MFL showed that my franchise was linked, but I wasn't given the option to make a pick from the draft page. Finally had to unlink, log out, then click the link from the e-mail again and log in during *that* process to make it take. That's a half-hour of trial and error I'll never get back.

In any event - I have no idea of the right strategy here so I've probably already borked my draft with Pollard, but in any case @-OZ- is now OTC.

Let the sniping begin! I was basically set to take Pacheco here, but I’ll settle for the other 3 seed’s best RB (I hope).
Gibbs and Biggs makes for an adequate start.

Here's your draft order

97​
5. Stinkin Ref
84​
3. Duckboy
78​
2. rzrback77
62​
4. OldMil
59​
8. Mr. Ir
48​
9. -OZ-
37​
1. BassNBrew
23​
6. Bro1ncos
5​
7. GoDCYourself
🤔
Is this on MFL?

Man, that was weird - MFL showed that my franchise was linked, but I wasn't given the option to make a pick from the draft page. Finally had to unlink, log out, then click the link from the e-mail again and log in during *that* process to make it take. That's a half-hour of trial and error I'll never get back.

In any event - I have no idea of the right strategy here so I've probably already borked my draft with Pollard, but in any case @-OZ- is now OTC.
You were the only person I didn't have an e-mail for. I swiped it from IBL and loaded it last night and sent you an invite.

Let the sniping begin! I was basically set to take Pacheco here, but I’ll settle for the other 3 seed’s best RB (I hope).
Figured between Hill and Pacheco I'd have an above average keeper for next week. Hopefully that game will be high scoring. Given that only 9 of 12 QBs will be drafted I should be able to wait until my last pick and decided between Mahomes, Mayfield, and Rudolph from the scrap pile.

I considered Gibbs strongly. Good chance he outperforms Pacheco but I'm worried the Rams have some fight in them.

Figured between Hill and Pacheco I'd have an above average keeper for next week. Hopefully that game will be high scoring. Given that only 9 of 12 QBs will be drafted I should be able to wait until my last pick and decided between Mahomes, Mayfield, and Rudolph from the scrap pile.

I considered Gibbs strongly. Good chance he outperforms Pacheco but I'm worried the Rams have some fight in them.
I see what you did there @BassNBrew

Last edited:
Suddenly, I’m cheering for the Packers this weekend 🧀🧀
And I am on the opposite side in that game, with two Cowboys already rostered.
Yep. I have Dallas winning but hope springs eternal!
Plus I’m going for the “all 5 letter last name” team. Which of course means I could have taken cooks or brown. I was really on the fence with AJ, the knee was the deciding factor but I think he’ll play.

1.05 Pollard, Tony DAL RB - Should've gone Diggs here. Pollard will likely outscore him this week, but with (I assume) 8/9 of us advancing, Diggs' keeper value is more important.
2.05 Nacua, Puka LAR WR - Didn't expect both he and Collins would make it back. I've bet the Rams in this game so I like his potential keeper value better than Nico's.
3.05 Goedert, Dallas PHI TE - Pretty obvious pick with the 2PPR and a steep drop-off behind him. I think the Birds can get by TB so could be a keeper option.
4.05 Singletary, Devin HOU RB - RB landscape gets bleak after this. If the Browns' D can be had anywhere, it's on the ground.
5.05 Hurts, Jalen PHI QB - No idea if this was a steal or a wasted pick. Would've been fine with waiting until rd. 10 or whatever as I don't see a big delta between QB4-9 ... question is whether the delta between Hurts and those guys justifies jumping here. Plenty of boom/bust potential, but I've got some high floors locked in already so I don't mind the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread