What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 Playoff Survivor (1 Viewer)

Lamar - Needed something to try to pull away from the pack as I thought Andrews was a Likely zero. Also thought I could get some KC WRs late.
Congrats on a great pick.
Thanks.

12 up on Lamar
5 down on Woods
6 down on Balt D

My new projection is 111 so still on the outside looking in.

1. @rzrback77 117.4
  2. @-OZ- 117.2
  3. @Go DC Yourself 115.8
  4. @Duckboy 113.0
  5. @BassNBrew 109.9
  6. @Mr. Irrelevant 106.1
  7. @bro1ncos 96.5
  8. @OldMilwaukee 88.0
Pretty sure my prediction is way down now with limited BAL receiving.

Lamar - Needed something to try to pull away from the pack as I thought Andrews was a Likely zero. Also thought I could get some KC WRs late.
Congrats on a great pick.
Thanks.

12 up on Lamar
5 down on Woods
6 down on Balt D

My new projection is 111 so still on the outside looking in.

1. @rzrback77 117.4
  2. @-OZ- 117.2
  3. @Go DC Yourself 115.8
  4. @Duckboy 113.0
  5. @BassNBrew 109.9
  6. @Mr. Irrelevant 106.1
  7. @bro1ncos 96.5
  8. @OldMilwaukee 88.0
Pretty sure my prediction is way down now with limited BAL receiving.
Flowers -4.5
Fairburn -2.5
OBJ to Palmer -4
Likely I'm unsure, probably +3. His projection jumped when the projectors pulled the Andrews numbers which happened after the post above.

Only going to post MT and Bloom, since we determined that CG was consensus. These are actual scores from today combined with projections for tomorrow.

MT

1. rzrback77 118.4
  2. BassnBrew 115.6
  3. OZ 108.0
  4. Go DC 105.3
  5. Mr. Ir 104.2
  6. Duckboy 95.4
  7. Bro1ncos 85.7
  8. Old Milwaukee 85.2
and for Bloom

1. rzrback77 120.7
  2. BassnBrew 119.8
  3. Mr. Ir 106.6
  4. OZ 103.6
  5. GO DC 100.9
  6. Duckboy 95.6
  7. Old Mil 87.5
  8. Bro1ncos 86.8

Only going to post MT and Bloom, since we determined that CG was consensus. These are actual scores from today combined with projections for tomorrow.

MT

1. rzrback77 118.4
  2. BassnBrew 115.6
  3. OZ 108.0
  4. Go DC 105.3
  5. Mr. Ir 104.2
  6. Duckboy 95.4
  7. Bro1ncos 85.7
  8. Old Milwaukee 85.2
and for Bloom

1. rzrback77 120.7
  2. BassnBrew 119.8
  3. Mr. Ir 106.6
  4. OZ 103.6
  5. GO DC 100.9
  6. Duckboy 95.6
  7. Old Mil 87.5
  8. Bro1ncos 86.8
"I could potentially make it through to the next round" and "with Bo Melton as my top-scoring WR" were not two parts of a sentence I ever expected to combine in my life, but here we are.

MT

1. rzrback77 118.4
  2. BassnBrew 115.6
  3. OZ 108.0
  4. Go DC 105.3
  5. Mr. Ir 104.2
  6. Duckboy 95.4
  7. Bro1ncos 85.7
  8. Old Milwaukee 85.2
and for Bloom

1. rzrback77 120.7
  2. BassnBrew 119.8
  3. Mr. Ir 106.6
  4. OZ 103.6
  5. GO DC 100.9
  6. Duckboy 95.6
  7. Old Mil 87.5
  8. Bro1ncos 86.8
"I could potentially make it through to the next round" and "with Bo Melton as my top-scoring WR" were not two parts of a sentence I ever expected to combine in my life, but here we are.
Bo, you don’t know diddly.

MT

1. rzrback77 118.4
  2. BassnBrew 115.6
  3. OZ 108.0
  4. Go DC 105.3
  5. Mr. Ir 104.2
  6. Duckboy 95.4
  7. Bro1ncos 85.7
  8. Old Milwaukee 85.2
and for Bloom

1. rzrback77 120.7
  2. BassnBrew 119.8
  3. Mr. Ir 106.6
  4. OZ 103.6
  5. GO DC 100.9
  6. Duckboy 95.6
  7. Old Mil 87.5
  8. Bro1ncos 86.8
Halfway through game 3 and no one except Rzrback is sniffing 100 points yet.

MT

1. rzrback77 118.4
  2. BassnBrew 115.6
  3. OZ 108.0
  4. Go DC 105.3
  5. Mr. Ir 104.2
  6. Duckboy 95.4
  7. Bro1ncos 85.7
  8. Old Milwaukee 85.2
and for Bloom

1. rzrback77 120.7
  2. BassnBrew 119.8
  3. Mr. Ir 106.6
  4. OZ 103.6
  5. GO DC 100.9
  6. Duckboy 95.6
  7. Old Mil 87.5
  8. Bro1ncos 86.8
Halfway through game 3 and no one except Rzrback is sniffing 100 points yet.
Buffalo KC is clearly going to be huge

I was helping Karen deliver home-made chicken chili, with cheese and chips to three families with illness or upcoming surgeries, so watched the entire night game on delay. Wow, close finish. Congrats to Mr. I, Bass and Duckboy for advancing.

Interested in this week’s schedule as we are leaving Wednesday for LR to visit friends and my mom before leaving the next day to have a delayed Christmas with our daughter and her family.

rzrback
119.25​

Duckboy
104.65​

OZ
93.60​

Bro1nco
88.55​

Bassnbr
80.00​

GDY
72.20​

MI
66.70​

OM
36.40​

SR
17.90​

I was helping Karen deliver home-made chicken chili, with cheese and chips to three families with illness or upcoming surgeries, so watched the entire night game on delay. Wow, close finish. Congrats to Mr. I, Bass and Duckboy for advancing.

Interested in this week’s schedule as we are leaving Wednesday for LR to visit friends and my mom before leaving the next day to have a delayed Christmas with our daughter and her family.
Keepers/draft position Thursday. Draft Friday/Saturday work for you.

I will be with all five grands most of the day Saturday. Would really prefer starting Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but I can fit it in whenever the group decides.

I’m okay with the delayed schedule. Just know that normally I have picks pretty much decided when I get OTC, but this week, I will likely need heads up and a bit of review time, and maybe there will be a few hour delays.

I will be with all five grands most of the day Saturday. Would really prefer starting Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but I can fit it in whenever the group decides.
I was hoping that we could get as much Deebo and other injury news as possible so it takes some of the luck out of the process.
You and I are the only ones with keeper q's and it's mostly a Andrews in/out deal for me. Other 2 pretty much only have 2 keepers (would have been funny if Buffalo had won, not sure who if any @Mr. Irrelevant would have kept). I'm travelling Friday/Saturday (up and back from Portland to Seattle and busy Friday night) but I worked around 130 hrs with no power, figure I can do it here to, especially since I suspect I'll get the 4 hole this time.

I was hoping that we could get as much Deebo and other injury news as possible so it takes some of the luck out of the process.
You and I are the only ones with keeper q's and it's mostly a Andrews in/out deal for me. Other 2 pretty much only have 2 keepers (would have been funny if Buffalo had won, not sure who if any @Mr. Irrelevant would have kept). I'm travelling Friday/Saturday (up and back from Portland to Seattle and busy Friday night) but I worked around 130 hrs with no power, figure I can do it here to, especially since I suspect I'll get the 4 hole this time.
I won't be keeping Andrews. But if we can keep this from hinging on whether or not a 3rd round Deebo or 5th round Andrews plays, it would be better IMO. That said, I'm fine going with whatever the majority wants for a draft date.

I won't be keeping Andrews. But if we can keep this from hinging on whether or not a 3rd round Deebo or 5th round Andrews plays, it would be better IMO. That said, I'm fine going with whatever the majority wants for a draft date.
Like I said, fine either way for me. I think waiting until Friday to start the draft makes better sense, with only 40 picks basically. maybe keepers by Wednesday which gives you a day to set things up.

I have no questions on my keepers and y'all probably know anyway.....

rzrback77 Keepers are Amon-Ra St. Brown and Christian McCaffery. As a born-again believer (think that most of y'all know this already) keeping a Saint and a Christian seems like a perfect fit for me.

Very much agree with @Duckboy about the inability to get clarity. Even though I will be so busy with the grandkids (and very happy about that), I now agree that the draft should begin as late as possible. And even with the late draft, there still may be confusion.

I am also having more difficulty selecting my draft slot, but have decided to continue with the first pick. Already looking forward to the games Sunday and hope that I get to watch some.

Good luck @Mr. Irrelevant, @BassNBrew, and @Duckboy. It has been a fun year competing with and against y’all.

Draft has begun. I decided to Zig and see where y’all Zag.

Lamar Jackson QB Ravens

:eek: You left me with a real Hobson's choice here, son. Ugh.

I think I know exactly where @BassNBrew is going to go now and I hate myself for letting him get away with it, but the alternative was arguably worse.

1.02 - Brandon Aiyuk WR SF

Well, really surprised that Andrews almost made it back to me. Missed him by (Maxwell Smart voice) “this much.”

Very interesting draft. Double dipping on RBs at this turn with Monty and suddenly very spry and strong Justice Hill.

Back to @Mr. Irrelevant

Draft has begun. I decided to Zig and see where y’all Zag.

Lamar Jackson QB Ravens

:eek: You left me with a real Hobson's choice here, son. Ugh.

I think I know exactly where @BassNBrew is going to go now and I hate myself for letting him get away with it, but the alternative was arguably worse.

1.02 - Brandon Aiyuk WR SF
Nice pick. I took 3 thinking Gibbs and then hoping Rice fell and then deciding between Andrews and Monty on the way back. Deebo also may have been in the mix. Happy the way this played out.

Well, really surprised that Andrews almost made it back to me. Missed him by (Maxwell Smart voice) “this much.”

Very interesting draft. Double dipping on RBs at this turn with Monty and suddenly very spry and strong Justice Hill.

Back to @Mr. Irrelevant
You came out nicely for investing the first pick in a QB.

Team rzrback77

I’ll be buried at TE, unless Eryn is ready and catches a few passes.

QB - Lamar Jackson - had a guaranteed keeper from SF/Detroit, so went where a big score was possible and also a low floor for a considered keeper next week.

RB - CMC and Montgomery, then added Justice Hill, chosen over Edwards because thought he was my best shot at flex scoring.

WR - Amon-Ra and a bunch of prayers for big plays. OBJ, wanted my Detroit Reynolds wrapper, but sniped. Not real fans of the others, but maybe Hardman catches and holds into a bomb, then Bell who seems to score some TDs on minimal chances.

TE - Ertz, please be healthy and catch a pass or three.

PK - Moody awesome weather here and expect high scoring gsme

DST - Lions, all that was left.

I see a wide variance of rosters and possibly a fight to the wire to advance. Counting a lot on L Jax, CMC and Amon-Ra with hopes on Monty and Hill, then prayers after that.

Good Luck all!

1.07 Kelce, Travis KCC TE / 2.03 Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB - It's why I drafted them last week so no thought needed here.
3.07 Aiyuk, Brandon SFO WR - I didn't expect L-Jax at 1.01 which made this a tough call. I was 100% sure Bass would grab either LaPorta or Andrews at 3 for keeper potential alone, but taking a TE2 and gifting him Aiyuk instead seemed stupid. Ultimately the Deebo uncertainty made him too good to pass on here.
4.03 Andrews, Mark BAL TE - No-brainer. Felt like an absolute gift at 7 overall. With CMC already on Stephan's roster I'm sure to get one of Monty or Hill coming back.
5.07 Edwards, Gus BAL RB - ... or not. Well, this sucks. Ducky doesn't have an RB either and might take 2 at the turn, so I had to bite the bullet on a guy I don't really like. Saving grace is KC is so bad against the run that Edwards could get 12-15 by accident.
6.03 Reynolds, Josh DET WR - Lions' clear #2 in the postseason and I expect SF to roll safety coverage Sun God's way.
7.07 Bateman, Rashod BAL WR - BAL's WR room isn't quite as muddled at KC's but it's close. Should get a handful of targets at least.
8.03 Tucker, Justin BAL PK - Seems silly to talk "spike week" potential for a kicker, but would anyone be surprised if Harbaugh calls his number 5 times on Sunday? Guy ain't exactly Dan Campbell when it comes to going for the jugular.
9.07 Conley, Chris SFO WR - I think if Deebo plays at all, he'll be more of a decoy. Someone's going to have to pick up that slack.
10.03 Cook, Dalvin BAL RB / 11.07 Juszczyk, Kyle SFO RB - Best I can hope for is that one of these guys falls into the end zone.
12.03 Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def - A good unit in a bad-weather game with a low total is way better than I deserve with my last pick.

QB - Mahomes
RB - Gus Bus, Cook, Scrabble Boy
WR - Aiyuk, Reynolds, Bateman, Conley
TE - Kelce, Andrews
ST - Tucker, KC DST

It's hard to imagine a 4-team draft with four more different roster constructions than we wound up with. I feel like I scooped some more value in this draft than in last week's, but being way overweight the AFC game and underweight the NFC one doesn't exactly thrill me given team tendencies and Vegas totals. Hopefully Mahomes and Lamar will play like the two guys with 4 MVPs that they are and keep those two offenses humming ... either way I expect this'll come down to the wire. Good luck everyone!

Just so you know, I was really, really wanting Andrews so I thought that he was a huge bargain. And then the very next time you grabbed Reynolds before I could.

My reasoning for taking Lamar Jackson first was two-fold, even though it was a little bit odd.

First is, I think that he could have a similar game Sunday against the Chiefs to what he had last week, with the forecast for rain and the Chiefs susceptible to the running game and especially running QBs. So teaming him with the top RB and one of the top WRs seemed like a god plan.

Second, I would like a Raven to potentially carry forward, if I can advance. And I think that he is the best Raven to have over the next two weeks.

Third, I looked at what I saw as my top nine and was hoping that Andrews and/or Deebo might drop to eight. They did not, but was really happy to get three of what I saw as the top six RBs, to use as a flex and as a block to the scoundrels that drafted all the good TEs and WRs.

I agree with @Mr. Irrelevant that the team construction variance was off the charts.

Just so you know, I was really, really wanting Andrews so I thought that he was a huge bargain. And then the very next time you grabbed Reynolds before I could.

I think I would have taken Reynolds over both Jennings and Jameson, to be honest. He doesn't have the explosive element of those two but there are an awful lot of game scripts on Sunday where he'll get force-fed 8-10 targets.

And it's my first time in this format but I suspect that at a certain point in the draft, blocking out other teams from filling gaps has more value than going BPA, so you probably played that 4-5 turn well. Live and learn.

I think I would have taken Reynolds over both Jennings and Jameson, to be honest. He doesn't have the explosive element of those two but there are an awful lot of game scripts on Sunday where he'll get force-fed 8-10 targets.

And it's my first time in this format but I suspect that at a certain point in the draft, blocking out other teams from filling gaps has more value than going BPA, so you probably played that 4-5 turn well. Live and learn.
I couldn’t afford another Lion, hence Jennings. I love this format because looking forward is a huge component to success.

Users who are viewing this thread