What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFFL Question (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
The new owners of the AFFL would like to advertise with us this year. It's my understanding that they've cleared up past winners and everything is square now. Anyone know any different than that?

J

Joe,

I'll just reiterate what I said in the AFFL thread... the current owners of AFFL allowed me to use my unpaid winnings from the previous year (when the previous owner didn't pay) as credit towards purchasing teams last year... I won 10,0000 and they paid me on time... I will be competing in AFFL again this year

:lmao: at this thread being in the shark pool while the thread on FBG members being ripped off was banished to the empty forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same experience as jjammer.

Credit was applied from 2007 teams, and winnings were paid out to me from 2008 teams.

No freakin way... not again...

SF80407

Status: offline I received a check for 1/4 ($450) of my $1,800 winnings yesterday.

The rest is pending the sale of "two properties" as there is a "liquidity" problem at the moment.

Commissioner Bob

Administrator

Status: offline First things first. We are not like the previous owner. We are not looking for investors or looking to sell. We have the assets. We need to liquidate them to get the cash. We are giving partial payments to show that we are not like the other owner,(If I remember correctly he did not pay anyone). We tried to do the right thing and issue credits for all 07 prize winners and there should be hardly any credits left over from 07 winners going into 2010. All 2008 prize winners were paid and so will 2009 prize winners. So I strongly do apologize to anyone who has ill feelings towards us. We are not going anywhere! All winners will be paid!

http://forums.affl.com/tm.asp?m=1148

I think the top prize was $60,000 this year. Here's hoping this gets resolved quickly.

Perhaps Joe will banish this thread again to the netherworld until June when he can secure a new advertising contract and secure additional revenue. Then it will be ok to discuss once again.

Perhaps Joe will banish this thread again to the netherworld until June when he can secure a new advertising contract and secure additional revenue. Then it will be ok to discuss once again.
This was uncalled for. There was no need to go there.I hope everything works out well for all AFFL winners.disclaimer: NOT an AFFL participant

This was uncalled for. There was no need to go there.
You're offended by what part, exactly? You were around, right, when this all went down, and Joe decided to suppress the discussion by moving it to the least-trafficked subforum? Yet, the issue re-emerged with good visibility here when he wanted to investigate a financial opportunity. Seems appropriate to speculate whether the past is destined to repeat itself.

I received the same letter that SF 80407 received. I received a check for 1/4 of my winnings for winning an individual league. My problem is it was an individual league. 12 of us paid a $250 entry fee this year. That is a $3000 pot. Where did this money go? After the individual league paid out all winnings, the affl should have netted $425. Notifying the prize winners 2 weeks after winnings were to go out was poor communication on the affl's part. They should have been more upfront with us that there was a problem immediately after the season ended. I have been playing in fantasy football leagues for ten year's now, and this is the first league that I have played in where there has been a problem. Also, stating in a letter that we are going to be paid sooner than later is unacceptable. We should have been given a detailed time frame on when we are going to get the rest of our winnings.
Link :lmao:

I had Wade and Bob (the owners of the new AFFL) on our High Stakes Football show back in June for a special investigative report on the AFFL and the new ownership. The June Investigative Interview

I feel like we as high stakes players need to hear from Wade and Bob, to understand this turn of events. I'll reach out to them this week and I'll bet you they will be more than happy to come on to the show friday night to better understand the current situation. I'll update everyone later in the week.

I hope that this works out, especially since I personally know the grand prize winner of the $65,000+.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I was also owed $3,300 from the previous AFFL owners. The NEW owners (Wade and Bob) had been giving free credits to try and do right for the wronged players from 2007. They gave me 2 credits for Platinum leagues for 2009 contests, valued at $2,800. I thought that was a more than fair compromise considering the situation. I signed up for the Platinums, but none filled after that point, so they credited me back with Gold leagues at $600 a piece, however only one of which filled from the ones I signed up for, so I netted a $600 credit for 2009. (not sure what their plans are for my 2010, but I'm hoping they'll pull through)

You're offended by what part, exactly? You were around, right, when this all went down, and Joe decided to suppress the discussion by moving it to the least-trafficked subforum? Yet, the issue re-emerged with good visibility here when he wanted to investigate a financial opportunity. Seems appropriate to speculate whether the past is destined to repeat itself.
:own3d: It's OK to call a spade a spade once in a while.

:own3d: It's OK to call a spade a spade once in a while.
We have now discussed this issue via PM.......thanks for the input.........you are correct...........................................Spades - is - Spades...........

No freakin way... not again...

SF80407

Status: offline I received a check for 1/4 ($450) of my $1,800 winnings yesterday.

The rest is pending the sale of "two properties" as there is a "liquidity" problem at the moment.

Commissioner Bob

Administrator

Status: offline First things first. We are not like the previous owner. We are not looking for investors or looking to sell. We have the assets. We need to liquidate them to get the cash. We are giving partial payments to show that we are not like the other owner,(If I remember correctly he did not pay anyone). We tried to do the right thing and issue credits for all 07 prize winners and there should be hardly any credits left over from 07 winners going into 2010. All 2008 prize winners were paid and so will 2009 prize winners. So I strongly do apologize to anyone who has ill feelings towards us. We are not going anywhere! All winners will be paid!

http://forums.affl.com/tm.asp?m=1148

I think the top prize was $60,000 this year. Here's hoping this gets resolved quickly.
I got a question; what made you think it would be any different this year?

Sorry but a huge whiff with that theory. The discussion got moved to the other forum because it's not Shark Pool material. Same reason this one will be moved. They sent in an inquiry about wanting to advertise last year and I asked here if people had been paid as I do not want to advertise if they still owed money. :goodposting:Cue the "same as day 1" responses.J

Joe Bryant said:
cobalt_27 said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
cobalt_27 said:
Sorry but a huge whiff with that theory. The discussion got moved to the other forum because it's not Shark Pool material. Same reason this one will be moved. They sent in an inquiry about wanting to advertise last year and I asked here if people had been paid as I do not want to advertise if they still owed money. :shrug:Cue the "same as day 1" responses.J
Huge whiff in your theory: What makes it Shark Pool material to ask if people have been paid, but it's not Shark Pool material for other people to discuss that they have not been paid?Let me ask you this: Are there not tons of questions allowed in the Shark Pool about CBS, MFL, ESPN, Yahoo, etc when folks are discussing leagues to join? Yet, your history has been to treat the AFFL issue with such delicacy and kid gloves--and now with hypocrisy and inconsistency--that it raised questions then, just as it does now, what you are doing. It's your board, Joe, and you have every right to be as hypocritical as you want and when you want. But, I don't think it's beyond a lot of us pointing it out, and you sinking the thread you created in the Shark Pool away to the LFL subforum is totally awesome. :confused:Same as Day 1, Joe. No doubt.

rock753 said:
lol when the answers to his question turn out bad for AFFL, thread gets moved to LFL :goodposting:
Why did this tread even start in the shark pool?
Remember, Joe friggin' started this gd thread. And, for the same reason that WCOFF and other league threads are routinely in the Shark Pool. Joe started this one because he, like other people who wanted maximum exposure, started the thread where most people who discuss football go. But, as Cassius astutely noted, it's only when people (appropriately) expressed some criticism towards a sponsor (or potential sponsor), he banishes it to one of the least-visited subforum. Shady.

Nice. The WCOFF thread that was a-ok to be in the Shark Pool just got deleted. Done. Finito. Awesome.

> Board MessageSorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.The error returned was:Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

rock753 said:
lol when the answers to his question turn out bad for AFFL, thread gets moved to LFL :confused:
Remember, Joe friggin' started this gd thread. And, for the same reason that WCOFF and other league threads are routinely in the Shark Pool. Joe started this one because he, like other people who wanted maximum exposure, started the thread where most people who discuss football go. But, as Cassius astutely noted, it's only when people (appropriately) expressed some criticism towards a sponsor (or potential sponsor), he banishes it to one of the least-visited subforum. Shady.
I agree it seems pretty hypocritical when Joe him self started the thread in the SP looking for favorable comments for monetary gain. Got moved when it didn't turn out so well. Then turns around and says it wasn't SP material :goodposting: Are we now supposed to report all threads that relate to MFL, CBS or other sites as inappropriate SP material?

rock753 said:
lol when the answers to his question turn out bad for AFFL, thread gets moved to LFL :confused:
I agree it seems pretty hypocritical when Joe him self started the thread in the SP looking for favorable comments for monetary gain. Got moved when it didn't turn out so well. Then turns around and says it wasn't SP material :goodposting: Are we now supposed to report all threads that relate to MFL, CBS or other sites as inappropriate SP material?
My point to him, exactly. He states that he has 1 standard at one day, another standard the next day, etc. We ALWAYS discuss league websites, but this does not seem to fit his current criteria of (a) NFL News or (b) Analysis.

rock753 said:
lol when the answers to his question turn out bad for AFFL, thread gets moved to LFL :lmao:
I agree it seems pretty hypocritical when Joe him self started the thread in the SP looking for favorable comments for monetary gain. Got moved when it didn't turn out so well. Then turns around and says it wasn't SP material :football:
From what I PMd cobalt
As far as the AFFL thread I started, I will sometimes bend the rules for what is allowed as the site owner. I've asked the shark pool for help on web design for instance. Or for donating money to a cause. Things that a regular poster would not be allowed to do. When AFFL contacted us about running ads for them, I wanted to check to see if people had been paid so I asked the Shark Pool. That may be wrong to take advantage of owning the site in that way. But it occasionally happens.
There was nothing to not "turn out well". I asked a question (bending the rules of what I'd like to see in the Shark Pool) and when I got the answer I was looking for, it got moved to this forum after it was brought to my attention.J

From what I PMd cobalt

As far as the AFFL thread I started, I will sometimes bend the rules for what is allowed as the site owner. I've asked the shark pool for help on web design for instance. Or for donating money to a cause. Things that a regular poster would not be allowed to do. When AFFL contacted us about running ads for them, I wanted to check to see if people had been paid so I asked the Shark Pool. That may be wrong to take advantage of owning the site in that way. But it occasionally happens.
There was nothing to not "turn out well". I asked a question (bending the rules of what I'd like to see in the Shark Pool) and when I got the answer I was looking for, it got moved to this forum after it was brought to my attention.J
And, my suggestion to Joe is that we are long overdue for a Fantasy Football Talk subforum. Since it appears the SP has come under stricter standards for content, there is much less that would be considered appropriate for posting there now (e.g., scoring systems, league management sites, WCOFF/AFFL stuff, etc.). These are routinely asked about and discussed, but not fit the current criteria for the SP.So, let's get a FFT subforum, and we clear up about 90% of the inconsistency issues.

The AFFL situation is absolutely not resolved. The AFFL has failed to pay the overall winner. Moreover, after giving the owners of AFFL a viable way to resolve this, the owners refused to move off their position and provide any security that the winner would get paid.

Lawsuit to be filed this week. More to follow.

I like how AFFL not paying out members is not a Shark Pool thread because it's not football related, yet the thread about the one poster who got stiffed in his Craigslist league somehow is football related.

I like how AFFL not paying out members is not a Shark Pool thread because it's not football related, yet the thread about the one poster who got stiffed in his Craigslist league somehow is football related.
It's a shame this thread isn't in the Shark Pool.I'm quite certain there's more to AFFL/Mr. Bryant (Joe..not Jon) than simply just moving the thread to here.

I wonder how many folks would have been spared by this fiasco and never joined AFFL had Joe not banished this thread. Such tangible repercussions.

Users who are viewing this thread