What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

lawl, now you know why I beat the game at level 3. Hell, it might have been level 2.Honestly, it has no effect on the actual game though. I recommend you do the dark Brotherhood questline. Murder soembody, then take a rest. Somebody will come to you in your sleep. The DB quests were some of the most fun in the game. If you hate it after a few quests, then send her back to Goosesex.
Agreed that the DB questline is a really fun one. The mount reward is pretty freaking sweet too. :angry:

Is anyone playing UFC Undisputed 2010? I'm finding the controls to posture up to be kinda random.
User a minor transition (quarter turn) to posture up or a reversal.
I find that trying to posture up from full mount sometimes results in switching to side control when using a minor transition. I hold the left stick away from my opponent and do a minor trans. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. :shrug: :thumbup:

Is anyone playing UFC Undisputed 2010? I'm finding the controls to posture up to be kinda random.
User a minor transition (quarter turn) to posture up or a reversal.
I find that trying to posture up from full mount sometimes results in switching to side control when using a minor transition. I hold the left stick away from my opponent and do a minor trans. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. :lmao: :shock:
I had the same problem when I first started playing with it. If anything, be short of the quarter turn. Anything over seems to result in a major. I usually go straight up and down to the right to posture.

Just played the Madden 11 demo on PS3. This game is awful. I'm aware that the final version may look better, but this is embarrassing.

Someone recommend a PC game for me please. I really liked Rome: Total War and AoE series. Any other games along these lines? Hated Empire: Total War.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone recommend a PC game for me please. I really liked Rome: Total War and AoE series. Any other games along these lines? Hated Empire: Total War.
Empire was much harder to get into, for sure. Did you ever play Medieval 2:TW? Very well done game. It was after Rome. You always have Starcraft 2 which is just barely out, as well.

Is it my imagination or was there a Goozex thread floating around for a while? I'm looking at Goozex but not sure where to get decent padded envelopes, or even what size, also I am a cheap bastage.
I've found them at Office Depot and CVS. buying the postage online is usually a pretty good deal as well.

Empire was much harder to get into, for sure. Did you ever play Medieval 2:TW? Very well done game. It was after Rome. You always have Starcraft 2 which is just barely out, as well.
i liked the TW series but stayed away from Empire. it just seemed to be more of the same from these guys. different era but still more or less the same product. mod'ing the game allows for that kind of play.

Is it my imagination or was there a Goozex thread floating around for a while? I'm looking at Goozex but not sure where to get decent padded envelopes, or even what size, also I am a cheap bastage.
Sort of. It was more a thread where Edgefan farmed the board for referral points, continually bumping the thread while adding nothing new.As for your envelopes, Bubble Mailer #0's are pretty ideal. You can get them at Walmart I think, but they're really cheap in bulk online if you plan on doing a fair amount of shipping.

Sort of. It was more a thread where Edgefan farmed the board for referral points, continually bumping the thread while adding nothing new.As for your envelopes, Bubble Mailer #0's are pretty ideal. You can get them at Walmart I think, but they're really cheap in bulk online if you plan on doing a fair amount of shipping.
i still use goozex. i spend about $1-$1.50 on 3M padded envelopes and send things regular first class. i write the addresses on envelope and off they go. goozex doesn't seem to have a rigid policy that it asks users to adhere to.

i still use goozex. i spend about $1-$1.50 on 3M padded envelopes and send things regular first class. i write the addresses on envelope and off they go. goozex doesn't seem to have a rigid policy that it asks users to adhere to.
I got 250 Bubble Mailer #0's for $28.00 on Ebay. Something like .12 a piece. Very worth it if you're going a lot through there.

I got 250 Bubble Mailer #0's for $28.00 on Ebay. Something like .12 a piece. Very worth it if you're going a lot through there.
Same here, I got 100 bubble mailers for $14. If you go to an office store it will be $9 for 10 of them.

I set up a Goozex account over a year ago but never used it. What do 360 games generally run in 1st class postage? I am throwing a bunch of PC games up there, as well.

Question for those that use Goozex - do you use their postage or calculate your own? Theirs seems way high.

I set up a Goozex account over a year ago but never used it. What do 360 games generally run in 1st class postage? I am throwing a bunch of PC games up there, as well.
Paypal shipping is going to be the cheapest option you can find, even cheaper than the Post Office itself because they charge less for delivery confirmation. If for whatever stupid reason you don't want delivery confirmation, Post Office is cheapest.Cost will depend on game, but the vast majority are 7 Oz's included the bubble mailer and all, with a few going to 8 and a couple at 6. That will usually run you like $2.25, though I haven't had to ship anything using the new rates. It might be a little more now.And yeah, Goozex shipping is a ripoff.

Paypal shipping is going to be the cheapest option you can find, even cheaper than the Post Office itself because they charge less for delivery confirmation. If for whatever stupid reason you don't want delivery confirmation, Post Office is cheapest.Cost will depend on game, but the vast majority are 7 Oz's included the bubble mailer and all, with a few going to 8 and a couple at 6. That will usually run you like $2.25, though I haven't had to ship anything using the new rates. It might be a little more now.And yeah, Goozex shipping is a ripoff.
Goozex is showing $3.26 for me to ship Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 to a zip code about 15 miles away. :lmao:

Goozex is showing $3.26 for me to ship Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 to a zip code about 15 miles away. :lmao:
Paypal($1.90-$2.35 w/ tracking #)>Post Office($1.90-$2.35 w/out tracking #, # is an extra $1)>Goozex($3.50+) for first class shipping. If you don't want to use the ink then go to the post office, also the post office has media mail which can save you another $1.

Question for the Oblivion players out there. With the funky leveling system, did you just create and play a character like any RPG game you have played or did you pay special attention to what you need to level? Also, how difficult did it make the game depending on which style you played it?
I took three stabs at Oblivion. The first time, I just played my character without regard to the "funky" (broken) levelling system, and I quickly found that my guy was becoming unplayable. So I started over and leveled him correctly using a guide. I also did this with another character a few months later. If you level up too far without paying attention to what you're doing, you pretty much have to turn the difficulty slider way down or the game becomes impossible. Every oblivion gate eventually contains nothing but those giant spider chicks and the goat-demon guys, and you stand no chance of surviving with a guy who was only getting 2 or 3 skill points per level. But efficient levelling sucks on it's own, since you spend several hours doing nothing but sneaking in a corner behind a friendly NPC, casting simple spells over and over, etc.

Oblivion could have been a great game, but the levelling system in Fallout 3 was infinitely better.

Edit: The best advice I can give is to decide how far you want your character to level up, get to that point efficiently with a plan in mind for stats/abilities, and then stop levelling -- in other words, don't sleep ever again. Enemies get so much tougher as you level up that it's actually to your advantage to stay in the low or middle levels.
Err, wish I knew this before I got the game, it probably will be going straight back out through goozex. I have been looking more into the dynamics of the leveling/skill system and it is a piece of ####. In every RPG I play I enjoy the leveling process and making my character as perfect as possible. This pretty much kills that in the first play through and I see it being very annoying and a game breaking. Looks like Dragon Age here I come.
Oh it can be perfected. There are numerous guides out there which tell you how. Playing a stealthy assassin type with killer speed, athletics, and using a bow to peel wigs is mucho fun.
I know it can be perfected. Its doing the things that guides and FAQs are saying to do to have a great character, or even an adequate one, is not my sort of fun. :thumbup:
I agree.

I've heard people complain about the leveling system, but I never had any trouble with it or had to use any guides or anything. The game is a blast as it is. I'm not sure really what I did differently than the people who complain about the leveling system, but it might be my favorite game ever.

Finally broke out Fallout 3 over the weekend. The praise it got in these parts was my primary motivation for buying it... but I have to say that I am pretty disappointed. I think it was a combination of not knowing where I was supposed to be going most of the time and being overwhelmed with a billion different character ratings for things I knew nothing about.

I played up until the part where your father leaves the vault, so I never actually made it outside. I couldn't figure out how to get out and I just gave up after about 20 minutes because I had a bunch of things to do IRL.

I also got a bit frustrated because that thing you wear on your wrist is pretty complicated and I don't know what 90% of it even means.

Does this game get better once you're outside? Is there a map? Are all of these ratings and options and stuff eventually explained, or do you just have to figure it all out? Also, I realize that this isn't a shooter, but does the combat system get any better?

I was really hoping to get into this game and I haven't given up completely, but I'm not terribly excited about playing it again at this point.

Go ahead, pile on... I know a lot of you love this game, so maybe this n00b just needs to be brought up to speed a bit.

Finally broke out Fallout 3 over the weekend. The praise it got in these parts was my primary motivation for buying it... but I have to say that I am pretty disappointed. I think it was a combination of not knowing where I was supposed to be going most of the time and being overwhelmed with a billion different character ratings for things I knew nothing about.

I played up until the part where your father leaves the vault, so I never actually made it outside. I couldn't figure out how to get out and I just gave up after about 20 minutes because I had a bunch of things to do IRL.

I also got a bit frustrated because that thing you wear on your wrist is pretty complicated and I don't know what 90% of it even means.

Does this game get better once you're outside? Is there a map? Are all of these ratings and options and stuff eventually explained, or do you just have to figure it all out? Also, I realize that this isn't a shooter, but does the combat system get any better?

I was really hoping to get into this game and I haven't given up completely, but I'm not terribly excited about playing it again at this point.

Go ahead, pile on... I know a lot of you love this game, so maybe this n00b just needs to be brought up to speed a bit.
This is the only game I have traded in at EBGames I keep em all even the stinkers but just didn't like this one at all. Go get Dead Space working on that like it alot but it is a tad repetitive but spooky as hell.

I hate the long drawn out bits 99% of games force you to experience prior to playing the actual game. There should ALWAYS be an option to skip tutorials and such.

To actually answer your question, the wrist thing is not complicated at all, you're just not familiar with it. The stats and such aren't all that complicated either. In fact, about halfway through the game you'll have more skill points then you really need.

The combat system is really designed to use the VATS (Matrix/bullet time) system. You can try to play like a FPS, but you're going to run out of ammo quickly.

My advice is to play with abandon. Don't worry about stats and hording items. You'll have a far richer game experience if you play to play, not worry about everything else.

Oh, and being a bad guy = FUN. I shot nearly everybody I saw. Sometimes I would help peole or free then, only to shoot their brains out when they turned around.

This is the only game I have traded in at EBGames I keep em all even the stinkers but just didn't like this one at all. Go get Dead Space working on that like it alot but it is a tad repetitive but spooky as hell.
You're preaching to choir to him about Deadspace, he loved that game.

Damn, really need a better notebook in this thread, lol. Speaking of that think I'm gonna pop it in the PS3 and shoot me some gooey space baddies right now.

I hate the long drawn out bits 99% of games force you to experience prior to playing the actual game. There should ALWAYS be an option to skip tutorials and such.

To actually answer your question, the wrist thing is not complicated at all, you're just not familiar with it. The stats and such aren't all that complicated either. In fact, about halfway through the game you'll have more skill points then you really need.

The combat system is really designed to use the VATS (Matrix/bullet time) system. You can try to play like a FPS, but you're going to run out of ammo quickly.

My advice is to play with abandon. Don't worry about stats and hording items. You'll have a far richer game experience if you play to play, not worry about everything else.

Oh, and being a bad guy = FUN. I shot nearly everybody I saw. Sometimes I would help peole or free then, only to shoot their brains out when they turned around.
That's probably my problem... trying to play it through perfectly the first time instead of just taking it as it comes and enjoying it. If I'm going to end up with more points than I know what to do with anyway, I guess there's no need to worry about it. And I'm very happy to hear that I can be a #### and still get by in this game. :hifive: The VATS system was actually pretty cool. I just wasn't thrilled with what you're left with once you need to recharge. :cry:

I'll give this game another shot sometime this week.

:lmao: I bought Dead Space and Bioshock at the same time for about $20 a piece last year. Playing two kick-### games right in a row like that really got me back into gaming. Since then, it seems like the last half-dozen or so games that I've played have all been exceptional.

Looking forward to Dead Space 2 in a few months. :lmao:

You haven't even begun to experience the game yet. Once you get out of the vault you can go anywhere or head for the story missions that you kind of have a clue where they are at. The intro thing sucks compared to the rest of the game.

I agree.I've heard people complain about the leveling system, but I never had any trouble with it or had to use any guides or anything. The game is a blast as it is. I'm not sure really what I did differently than the people who complain about the leveling system, but it might be my favorite game ever.
Good to hear. I'm not sure if this happens to other people but I have to force myself to play new games. I just hate getting through the original learning curves in most RPGs, but then after a couple hours I really enjoy them.

You haven't even begun to experience the game yet. Once you get out of the vault you can go anywhere or head for the story missions that you kind of have a clue where they are at. The intro thing sucks compared to the rest of the game.
So do you have access to a map in this game or no?

Sorta, but the major point of this game is the exploration of an apocalyptic world. The map will show you what you know. But you'll spend the whole game waiting for the next chance to venture out past the last place you've seen, out into the dark unexplored parts of your map.The intro is long and boring. But just push past it. This game will take 100 hours to finish properly. 60 or so if you just focus on the main story. It truly deserves all the praise it received. You'll be rewarded if stay patient.

Yes, once you finish the intro stuff you gain access to a very large map. It features 187 locations that if you try, you will probably find 120ish of them. For some perspective their are 3 tutorial missions, 11 story missions, 17 main side quests, and 41 other smaller side quests. This does not count the dlc's.

Going to start up Oblivion tonight. I guess I just really have to plan out my major/minor skills before starting off to make the system work. Its not really a question of if I will like the game, but if I can micro-manage the leveling system because I loved Fallout 3 and like most RPGs in general. So this should land squarely in the great game category.

Just sent out 3 games via Goozex (my first 3, so here's hoping these traders are not #####) and hope to pick up Fallout 3 as soon as I can.

How does one acquire tokens to make trades BTW? I got 3 for the signup.

Just sent out 3 games via Goozex (my first 3, so here's hoping these traders are not #####) and hope to pick up Fallout 3 as soon as I can.How does one acquire tokens to make trades BTW? I got 3 for the signup.
i've done dozens of goozex trades and never had a problem with it. you should be fine. as far as goozex points, you can buy points pretty easily. something like $20 gets you 1000 points. 1000 pts is usually enough to get most new games.as far as tokens go, you get them when you send out games for trade.

Just sent out 3 games via Goozex (my first 3, so here's hoping these traders are not #####) and hope to pick up Fallout 3 as soon as I can.

i've done dozens of goozex trades and never had a problem with it. you should be fine. as far as goozex points, you can buy points pretty easily. something like $20 gets you 1000 points. 1000 pts is usually enough to get most new games.as far as tokens go, you get them when you send out games for trade.
:shrug: You don't get tokens for sending out games. You buy them for $1 each besides some free ones for signing up or referencing people. You can get 1000 points for like $25 when they go on sale or the 1000 for $50. Its much better to trade in games for points than buying.

:shrug: You don't get tokens for sending out games. You buy them for $1 each besides some free ones for signing up or referencing people. You can get 1000 points for like $25 when they go on sale or the 1000 for $50. Its much better to trade in games for points than buying.
meh, i haven't paid close attention to the terms in awhile. i only just recently saw that they are listing brand new and hot games for over 1000 pts .

:confused: You don't get tokens for sending out games. You buy them for $1 each besides some free ones for signing up or referencing people. You can get 1000 points for like $25 when they go on sale or the 1000 for $50. Its much better to trade in games for points than buying.
meh, i haven't paid close attention to the terms in awhile. i only just recently saw that they are listing brand new and hot games for over 1000 pts .
Every brand new game is 1000 points unless its special edition or a re-release. The point values scale and for about every $6 of retail value a new game is launched with, it is upped or downed 100 points.

Once I have a good trade I get 2 more tokens, bringing me to 5. I should be able to get my points to about 3000 as well, which will more than suffice for a while.

Make sure you use delivery confirmation when sending out trades via Goozex. I did this exclusively and never had a problem. I recently did send a cheap Blu Ray out without using delivery confirmation. You can guess the result. Reciever said he never got it. Figures.

Make sure you use delivery confirmation when sending out trades via Goozex. I did this exclusively and never had a problem. I recently did send a cheap Blu Ray out without using delivery confirmation. You can guess the result. Reciever said he never got it. Figures.
Always get that tracking # for you security, this is the main reason I use paypal shipping labels because it saves about $1 each trade compared to the post office. I have sent out 35 items all with tracking #'s and had no problems. I have received 23 items with about half of them having tracking #'s. So far no problems for me.

Always get that tracking. This is the main reason I use paypal shipping labels because it saves about $1 each trade compared to the post office. I have sent out 35 items all with tracking #'s and had no problems. I have received 23 items with about half of them having tracking #'s.

1st Goozex trade down, hoping to move Borderlands for PC while it is still 500 points. Should have an immediate match today. I have 5 tokens and enough points to pick up Fallout 3 for PC, as well. :goodposting:

Bah, what a ####. I sent the game, disc, manual is PERFECT condition, and he only gave me +5? If he had given me +10 I would get more active trades to do at a time. :pickle: I even sent it out 2 days earlier than promised.

Users who are viewing this thread