What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (4 Viewers)

1st Goozex trade down, hoping to move Borderlands for PC while it is still 500 points. Should have an immediate match today. I have 5 tokens and enough points to pick up Fallout 3 for PC, as well. :pickle:
About a month late GB. I sent out Fallout 3 GOTY on Goozex last month.

Make sure you use delivery confirmation when sending out trades via Goozex. I did this exclusively and never had a problem. I recently did send a cheap Blu Ray out without using delivery confirmation. You can guess the result. Reciever said he never got it. Figures.
i never send out with delivery confirmation and i have never had a problem. and chicago has one of the lowest ranked post office hubs in the country...

Bah, what a ####. I sent the game, disc, manual is PERFECT condition, and he only gave me +5? If he had given me +10 I would get more active trades to do at a time. :pickle: I even sent it out 2 days earlier than promised.
Did you send it with everything the original game came with including the case besides any dlc? If so you can dispute it and send PMs to see what was the problem.

Someone recommend a PC game for me please. I really liked Rome: Total War and AoE series. Any other games along these lines? Hated Empire: Total War.
Empire was much harder to get into, for sure. Did you ever play Medieval 2:TW? Very well done game. It was after Rome. You always have Starcraft 2 which is just barely out, as well.
Great game. Not too much different from Rome but still pretty awesome :confused:

Bah, what a ####. I sent the game, disc, manual is PERFECT condition, and he only gave me +5? If he had given me +10 I would get more active trades to do at a time. :hot: I even sent it out 2 days earlier than promised.
Did you send it with everything the original game came with including the case besides any dlc? If so you can dispute it and send PMs to see what was the problem.
EVERYTHING, including the little Ubisoft promo thingy that was originally in the case.

Bah, what a ####. I sent the game, disc, manual is PERFECT condition, and he only gave me +5? If he had given me +10 I would get more active trades to do at a time. :lmao: I even sent it out 2 days earlier than promised.
EVERYTHING, including the little Ubisoft promo thingy that was originally in the case.
Send him a PM asking what was the problem. Did he leave a comment on your feedback saying something? If not I would start a dispute before the couple days to do so is up.

1st Goozex trade down, hoping to move Borderlands for PC while it is still 500 points. Should have an immediate match today. I have 5 tokens and enough points to pick up Fallout 3 for PC, as well. :shrug:
Direct2Drive has Fallout 3 GotY edition on sale right now for $24.95. Direct link.Use Coupon Code ThanksRaynor to save an Additional $5 making it only $19.95!!!!!

1st Goozex trade down, hoping to move Borderlands for PC while it is still 500 points. Should have an immediate match today. I have 5 tokens and enough points to pick up Fallout 3 for PC, as well. ;)
Direct2Drive has Fallout 3 GotY edition on sale right now for $24.95. Direct link.Use Coupon Code ThanksRaynor to save an Additional $5 making it only $19.95!!!!!
:wall: Which way to go? I wish Steam had it for the same price. I would like to keep it all in the same platform.

1st Goozex trade down, hoping to move Borderlands for PC while it is still 500 points. Should have an immediate match today. I have 5 tokens and enough points to pick up Fallout 3 for PC, as well. :goodposting:
:shrug: Which way to go? I wish Steam had it for the same price. I would like to keep it all in the same platform.
I prefer Steam too. There isn't any multiplayer in the game, so Steam wouldn't help there, and you can always add it as a non-Steam program to launch inside Steam. The game does use Games for Windows Live, though. So you can tie your XBox Live account to it (if you have one) -- this is the case even with a Steam purchase.The only game I've ever gotten on D2D was Company of Heroes. I launch it from Steam also. I'd understand if you don't go the D2D route. I'm sure Steam will have this type of deal again during their Fall or Winter sale. Or perhaps around the time Fallout New Vegas comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now I have a bunch of points but do not have enough priority to get anything I want. :hifive:
Just get in line and it will go quite quick unless its a brand new game. Then it may take a few months. On the brand new games you need to get in line the night of release or wait a few months to when its trading about 50 copies every two weeks. What type of games you interested in?

About to launch the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2. Any advice.

Stupid that you can't get Miranda back on your side if you tell her to back off Jack when they're having their pissing match.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Stupid that you can't get Miranda back on your side if you tell her to back off Jack when they're having their pissing match.
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
Yes you can.Spoilers give a hint on what you need but nothing involving the story.

I am in football heaven.

NFL2K5 on XBOX is a revelation. Best football game ever.

Have a max replay kit on the way. Downloading tons of franchise rosters next week. This game has me hook line and sinker.

Basically all I am playig now is NCAA 2011, NFL2K5 and next Tuesday Madden 2011.

Playing in 2 NCAA online dynasty's

And joined a hard core sim madden online dynasty. Salary cap, the works off season activity. And almost all the teams are human owners. Should be a total blast.

But offline NFL2K5 is my franchise of choice. What an amazing game. What the hell was I thinking ignoring this title for 6 years? Amazing...the hype is all true.

You have to buy NBA Elite 11 to have NBA Jam access for 360 and PS3.I see bosox already addressed this.
yeah, NBA elite's controls looks really confusing. :goodposting:
I'm planning on buying NBA 2k11. It'll be the first NBA game I've bought since NBA 2k5. But I still don't see the logic in putting an arcade version of the game bundled with the sim version. Just because you like basketball games, doesn't mean you're fans of both play styles. I love Mario Kart and Split/Second, but I'm not a fan of sim-racers like Forza and Gran Turismo, although they are very outstanding games. I expect EA to change their tune and allow NBA Jam on XBLA/PSN after NBA Elite sales have leveled off. I'm sure it's their way of getting more people to buy the game. But to me, it wreaks of a company with a lack of confidence in their Elite franchise.

Todem said:
I am in football heaven.

Have a max replay kit on the way. Downloading tons of franchise rosters next week. This game has me hook line and sinker.

Basically all I am playig now is NCAA 2011, NFL2K5 and next Tuesday Madden 2011.

And joined a hard core sim madden online dynasty. Salary cap, the works off season activity. And almost all the teams are human owners. Should be a total blast.

But offline NFL2K5 is my franchise of choice. What an amazing game. What the hell was I thinking ignoring this title for 6 years? Amazing...the hype is all true.
:goodposting: :grad:

The exclusive license killed any innovation in the football game market as EA no longer has any incentive to improve (or even maintain) the quality of their football franchises.

Todem said:
I am in football heaven.

:goodposting: :cry:

The exclusive license killed any innovation in the football game market as EA no longer has any incentive to improve (or even maintain) the quality of their football franchises.
:goodposting: Sad that Madden each year is just a roster update + a tweak to gameplay and its sales are through the roof. Can't blame them on the business side of it.

Todem said:
I am in football heaven.

:kicksrock: :cry:

:wall: Sad that Madden each year is just a roster update + a tweak to gameplay and its sales are through the roof. Can't blame them on the business side of it.
Madden sales actually declined last year. EA attributed it to the recession and a new generation of video game players brought up on Halo and COD instead of sports franchises. These reasons probably have some merit, although I think 5 straight years of a shoddy product was also a significant factor.

Iraqi Information Minister said:

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();
Well I didn't get the "No Man Left Behind" award but it was still a fun ride. Great game. Going to be interested to see how the story ends in ME3.

From the sounds of it, it's nearly impossible to have Miranda survive the attack. I think she'll play a part in the third one yet - like Shepard being revived for this one. I had all the ship upgrades, so I didn't lose anyone there. But I chose to lose Thane and the old guy. I'm okay with that.

And what is the Illusive Man anyway? He's clearly not human. I finished it once with saving the station and then again destroying it. I think the latter is the better way to go to pick it up that way for the 3rd game.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();
Well I didn't get the "No Man Left Behind" award but it was still a fun ride. Great game. Going to be interested to see how the story ends in ME3.

From the sounds of it, it's nearly impossible to have Miranda survive the attack. I think she'll play a part in the third one yet - like Shepard being revived for this one. I had all the ship upgrades, so I didn't lose anyone there. But I chose to lose Thane and the old guy. I'm okay with that.

And what is the Illusive Man anyway? He's clearly not human. I finished it once with saving the station and then again destroying it. I think the latter is the better way to go to pick it up that way for the 3rd game.

:mellow: I've played the ending a few times, haven't lost Miranda yet. Did you piss her off in the fight with Jack? That's probably it. I chose Miranda.

I got the achievement on my second time through.
");document.close();
Just admit it, you're just mad cause you wanted to nail her.

:thumbup: I've played the ending a few times, haven't lost Miranda yet. Did you piss her off in the fight with Jack? That's probably it. I chose Miranda.

");document.close();
You could get her back on your side. You just needed enough renegade or paragon to do so. Same goes with any character that goes against you. As for Mass Effect 3, I believe they are going to choose a standard storyline that they believe most people completed the game with. Similar to how Mass Effect 2 played out if you did not transfer a Mass Effect 1 save file. Instead of having a ton of chooses that you choose in your ME1 play through, the game had them set in stone for the stock character.

:thumbup: I've played the ending a few times, haven't lost Miranda yet. Did you piss her off in the fight with Jack? That's probably it. I chose Miranda.

");document.close();
Just admit it, you're just mad cause you wanted to nail her.Yeoman Chambers was the cute one. :thumbup: But no, I just thought her character was more interesting to the story than some of the others. Also,

I'm guessing they're probably going to have Ashley come back in the 3rd one so keeping others out of the situation.

Todem said:
I am in football heaven.

:P :cry:

;) Sad that Madden each year is just a roster update + a tweak to gameplay and its sales are through the roof. Can't blame them on the business side of it.
Monopolies suck.

Well, I have Fallout 3 on its way from Goozex and should have another 1200 points in the kitty today since they are all showing delivered by delivery confirmation. Think I will go for Dragon Age next.

So now I have a bunch of points but do not have enough priority to get anything I want. :wall:
Same boat. I really only joined Goozex to get Alan Wake for free, trading in Final Fantasy XIII, Fallout 3 GOTY, Borderlands, Crysis, and Mini Ninjas. That was a month or two ago, and I am still on Long Wait. I spent all the points I received on old school Nintendo and Super Nintendo games and Arkham Asylum. Oh well. :moneybag:

Well, I have Fallout 3 on its way from Goozex and should have another 1200 points in the kitty today since they are all showing delivered by delivery confirmation. Think I will go for Dragon Age next.
Out of my 30 trades probably only 10 have gave positive feedback the first day after it arrives. Usually people like to play it a bit and will leave feedback 2-3 days after it gets their. Maybe on 3-4 of my trades people have waited 8-10 days to says it was good.

Out of my 30 trades probably only 10 have gave positive feedback the first day after it arrives. Usually people like to play it a bit and will leave feedback 2-3 days after it gets their. Maybe on 3-4 of my trades people have waited 8-10 days to says it was good.
same experience for me.

same experience for me.
That pretty much sucks when you are trying to get points in a hurry. I might have to include notes asking for fast feedback.

same experience for me.
That pretty much sucks when you are trying to get points in a hurry. I might have to include notes asking for fast feedback.
you can always contact the recipient and kind of nudge them. i have done that on occasion. a simple "did you get the game?" might prompt a quicker response.

Mad Cow - You can get on line for games but not be actively trading for them. You put the game on hold and you will get your ticket in line but you won't actually trade for it until you activate it . While on hold and you make it down to next in line, you can switch it to activate and you will be placed in one of the first few spots on line. I do this with games that I think I might want but am not sure if the points will work out.

Okay so I finished Dead Space about ten minutes ago and it now might be my favorite game for the PS3 over Uncharted Drake's Fortune #1. Picked up Uncharted 2 for a steal yesterday and probably going to start that now. Depending on how the followups go either of these may become my favorite series. Previously I have really enjoyed:

Dead to Rights Series

Max Payne Series

Headhunter Series

Red Faction Series

Still haven't picked up Dead to Rights for the PS3 because I am cheap and refuse to pay more than $20 for a game. I also have Red Faction for the PS3 but it seems to be more along the lines of Fallout and sorry folks I just ain't a fan of that game. Going back to my cheapness I may actually pick up Dead Space 2 on Jan 25/11 and pay FULL PRICE for it the first one was that good. If you haven't played it yet get DEAD SPACE the game is a great shooter with a good story line and this might be a spoiler but there are 3 possibly 4 sequences where you will get a fright/startled especially if you are playing alone in the dark with the surround sound going full pop. Maybe I can convince the wife to delay a Christmas Present for a month.

ETA: I am a SONY guy so some of the above might only be available on PS2/PS3. If you are looking for a cheap cheap gaming fix pick up the above series' on PS2 in the used bin at EBGames/Gamestop depending on the country you live in.

One thing I learned that may speed up your Goozex trading queue is to change your trading preferences to include Canada, Puerto Rico, and military mail.

Supposedly the shipping rate to Canada is just as cheap as the USA.

Still haven't picked up Dead to Rights for the PS3 because I am cheap and refuse to pay more than $20 for a game. I also have Red Faction for the PS3 but it seems to be more along the lines of Fallout and sorry folks I just ain't a fan of that game. Going back to my cheapness I may actually pick up Dead Space 2 on Jan 25/11 and pay FULL PRICE for it the first one was that good. If you haven't played it yet get DEAD SPACE the game is a great shooter with a good story line and this might be a spoiler but there are 3 possibly 4 sequences where you will get a fright/startled especially if you are playing alone in the dark with the surround sound going full pop. Maybe I can convince the wife to delay a Christmas Present for a month.
couldn't be more different. F3 is much more layered and much much harder.

How much would rock band 2 go for on goozex?rock band 3's set list looks boring.
Rock Band 3 set list = Rock Band 1 setlist + Rock Band 2 setlist + Rock Band Network DLC + Rock Band DLC + Rock Band 3 setlist (+ Rock Band Green Day setlist + Rock Band ACDC if you want to go that far)I don't see a problem here.But if you're cool with converting to Frets on Fire (which would mean you'd play Rock Band/Guitar Hero from a PC - you can connect it to your TV, before you think: "ew!"), you wouldn't need any Rock Band or Guitar Hero games again, unless you wanted to play the new pro mode.

couldn't be more different. F3 is much more layered and much much harder.
Yep, Fallout 3 is much more complex. The only things I can think of that are the same is that they both have guns in them.

Users who are viewing this thread