Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Wow so many games I will be buying coming up this year. Last of Us remastered, GTA 5 for PS4, Far Cry 4, Fifa 15, the NBA 2k game.

Am I the only one who literally could not care less for this Destiny game? Seems like everyone is going bonkers over that game.

It is a game that both x1 guys and PS4 guys can get behind that adds to the fervor.

It is being made by the Halo guys so it is very haloey and that makes x1 guys wet their pants. The PS4 guys like their big epic visually stunning games and they are getting preferential treatment from Bungie.

Bungie has a track record for good games, this is their first real attempt to capture the PS4 audience so the hype PR machine is out of control.

My opinion is it will be like Titanfall and Watch Dogs. It will be a good fun solid game, and that it can't possibly live up to it's own hype.

Yeah i get that. I know I am in the minority but one of the reasons I went from Xbox to PS4 was that I just never cared for the Halo games. I knew the big MS games would be Halo and I always wanted to play the PS exclusive games like Last of Us and Uncharted which were more up my alley.

Will there ever be a time where XBOX ONE players and PS4 players can play against each other in the same game? If the developer runs the servers, I don't see the issues.

Will there ever be a time where XBOX ONE players and PS4 players can play against each other in the same game? If the developer runs the servers, I don't see the issues.

Diablo 3?

There are basically a few issues primarily blocking it, basically Microsoft policies.

First MS won't allow it in most cases.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-won-t-allow-xbox-one-pc-cross-platform-play-says-war-thunder-dev/1100-6418587/

(There are a ton of dev stories like this out there just search like Day Z for example, MS is a ### about this)

Second MS has a policy that a game has to be launched on MS first is a lost of cases. Or it can't be cross plat even if they allow it.

Third MS really hates free to play games which a lot of crossers are.

These games come out on PC, or are free to play and they go to Sony because Sony is indie friendly so the PC games tend to get there first and then MS doesn't want anything to do with them.

My guess is they don't allow it because they feel they want to have a captive audience in respect to games with the not cross platform policy, they don't want to look like they got scooped on a great game by being the last one on board and they don't like free to play for whatever reason.

So am I the only one who will end up with all three consoles this gen?

Disclaimer: Some guys buy snowmobiles, four-wheelers or midlife-crisis-mobiles. I buy games.

Disclaimer: Some guys buy snowmobiles, four-wheelers or midlife-crisis-mobiles. I buy games.

Naw there are some other rich guys with poor impulse control out there. :D

I buy games too, but I don't have enough time to play all the games on one console much less three of them. I can't be the guy who has 200 unplayed games because he can't resist a good Steam sale.

I have them all as well.

I buy games too, but I don't have enough time to play all the games on one console much less three of them. I can't be the guy who has 200 unplayed games because he can't resist a good Steam sale.

Speaking of Steam, when is the Summer sale? 6/20ish?

I have no idea. However, they skipped the Spring Sale this year, which they had last year. Not sure what that was. GOG, Gamersgate and others were having their Spring Sale, nada from Steam.

I have no idea. However, they skipped the Spring Sale this year, which they had last year. Not sure what that was. GOG, Gamersgate and others were having their Spring Sale, nada from Steam.

For the record, there was no spring sale last year either. Other than minor sales, they've never had one between the winter and summer sale.

Here's a history of the major sales:

2013 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale

2013 - Jul 11 - Jul 22 - Summer Sale
2012 - Dec 20 - Jan 5 - Holiday Sale
2012 - Nov 21 - Nov 26 - Autumn Sale
2012 - Oct 29 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
2012 - Jul 13 - Jul 23 - Summer Sale
2011 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale
2011 - Nov 23 - Nov 27 - Autumn Sale
2011 - Oct 27 - Oct 31 - Halloween Sale
2011 - Jun 30 - Jul 10 - Summer Sale
2010 - Dec 20 - Jan 2 - Holiday Sale
2010 - Oct 28 - Nov 1 - Halloween Sale
2010 - Jun 24 - Jul 4 - Summer Sale
2009 - Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Holiday Sale
Edited by SlaX

I played War Thunder on PS4 for a while a couple of days ago. It's basically a multi-player version of the xb360 game Birds of Steel, but with tanks thrown in.

It's in beta, and a bit hard to follow all of the goings-on outside of the battle, but the battle portion was pretty fun, although I did accidentally shoot down one of my allies.

Fired up World Of Tanks on 360 last night, and it appears that War Thunder ripped almost everything off from it. It's more polished, and it's also free. I haven't actually played a battle, but the training was very similar to what I saw in War Thunder.

I'm not sure which one will win more of my time, but they both have merit.

Me too (have an Xbox One now, will buy a PS4 likely later this year. Not really interested in what Nintendo offers, though)

I'm simply a gamer. I'm a release-day buyer of more games than I probably should be, I'm always trading in games that didn't grab me, etc. I get that I'm losing money by buying a new release for $60, and trading it in / selling it on ebay a month later for $30. I know I should wait six months / a year and buy Watchdogs for $25. But I don't. And I don't care - I truly enjoy the hobby.

Origin is having some solid deals (PC) going right now.

Titanfall is 50% off at $29.99

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Dead Space 3 is also $9.99

Me too (have an Xbox One now, will buy a PS4 likely later this year. Not really interested in what Nintendo offers, though)

I'm simply a gamer. I'm a release-day buyer of more games than I probably should be, I'm always trading in games that didn't grab me, etc. I get that I'm losing money by buying a new release for $60, and trading it in / selling it on ebay a month later for $30. I know I should wait six months / a year and buy Watchdogs for $25. But I don't. And I don't care - I truly enjoy the hobby.

Even when you wait you can get fooled. I have watched numerous trailers for a game that's been out and getting great reviews. I buy it and it never grabs me at all.

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Green man gaming is also running specials on the WB franchise (batman and Legos). 75% off with another 15 off code. ifdsum-mersal-e15off

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?emst=gxIrhkobb2_548730_477975_526

Edited by Corporation

So I gave FO3 a try again (thanks again NCC) and ended up killing a couple of super mutants which according to my boys I shouldn't be able to do at level 3....I got lucky and was able to use cover very effectively. I got a big hammer which I used to kill some random dude that was shooting at me and took powered armor off him although it says I can't use it till I get training somewhere which sucks since it weighs so much. I also got a mini gun which mowed 4 other mutants after I got it.

So now it is a little more interesting so I guess I might keep trying it and pay a little more attention to what I am doing. Thanks again NCC :finger: :P

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Green man gaming is also running specials on the WB franchise (batman and Legos). 75% off with another 15 off code. ifdsum-mersal-e15off

Never heard of GMG before, do they have a good rep?

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Yes. Some call them better than Steam.

Edited by SlaX

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Yes I've purchased from them before no issue. They are very reputable.

Crysis 3 is $9.99

Yes I've purchased from them before no issue. They are very reputable.

Other than their servers usually crash when offering popular deals my experience with them has been without note (which is good).

So I gave FO3 a try again (thanks again NCC) and ended up killing a couple of super mutants which according to my boys I shouldn't be able to do at level 3....I got lucky and was able to use cover very effectively. I got a big hammer which I used to kill some random dude that was shooting at me and took powered armor off him although it says I can't use it till I get training somewhere which sucks since it weighs so much. I also got a mini gun which mowed 4 other mutants after I got it.

So now it is a little more interesting so I guess I might keep trying it and pay a little more attention to what I am doing. Thanks again NCC :finger: :P

My pleasure.

Bioware says Dragon Age Inquisition can have over 40 endings. And, of course, the FB comments are :lol:

Wow 40 different colours? BioWare stepping up their game.

Green=kill the dragon, blue=have sex with the dragon, red=kill yourself the end

These endings aren't going to be just a bunch of slideshows in which only one of the images is different from the other 39 endings, are they?

Wow, 40 different endings? That is going to be a lot of hue variation in those cut scenes!

Didn't realise there were 40 separate, distinct, colours.

:lol:

No Man's Sky -

That looks awesome.
really?

Yeah, that doesn't interest me at all.

If that's next gen, I'll stick with my ps3/360 for awhile.

Bioware says Dragon Age Inquisition can have over 40 endings. And, of course, the FB comments are :lol:

These endings aren't going to be just a bunch of slideshows in which only one of the images is different from the other 39 endings, are they?

Wow, 40 different endings? That is going to be a lot of hue variation in those cut scenes!

:lmao:

No Man's Sky -

That looks awesome.
really?

This game was made by a tiny studio of just a few people, its an Indie game. Not sure why people are going nuts over this N64 looking game, but some people just love these stupid Indie games. I for one cant understand how anyone wants to play old looking games on a PS4.

:lmao:

40 different ways to have sex with a dragon, progressive.

Yeah I'm just not connecting with No Man's Sky. As a concept, it's interesting. But as I think about how it's likely to go in practice, I doubt this is going to do it for me.

Some indie games are really good and I'm happy to have been able to play them. I loved Don't Starve and Outlast. I'm also jealous that Xbox is getting Cuphead, which looks pretty awesome. These things are really hit and miss though. If somebody told me that they lost interest in Don't Starve after 5 minutes, I wouldn't blame them in the slightest.

Anyone else into Neverwinter online? Just started this week and not sure if I love it or meh.

Yeah I'm just not connecting with No Man's Sky. As a concept, it's interesting. But as I think about how it's likely to go in practice, I doubt this is going to do it for me.

Some indie games are really good and I'm happy to have been able to play them. I loved Don't Starve and Outlast. I'm also jealous that Xbox is getting Cuphead, which looks pretty awesome. These things are really hit and miss though. If somebody told me that they lost interest in Don't Starve after 5 minutes, I wouldn't blame them in the slightest.

Honestly the only Indy games I really care to play involve puzzles of some kind because if the puzzle is good enough, that's all I need to enjoy the game. I loved Braid, I loved Limbo, and that's about it. The rest of the Indy games I tried, I lasted maybe 30 minutes.

haha funny you say that, I literally gave up after two minutes since I don't think they even explained the concept of the game and it looked totally boring walking around the map. Only PS4 Indie game i enjoyed was Dead Nation and for a few minutes Resogun

Anyone play/have FIFA World Cup 2014? (PS3)

Just wondering how it is cause I might feel the itch to play a soccer game again.

No Man's Sky -

That looks awesome.
really?

Current gen couldn't do a game like that. Think of an open-world galaxy game that doesn't have limits. At all. That's what this is. It may not look pretty (to you), but neither does Minecraft. This game is supposed to be as expansive as Minecraft.

Edited by SlaX

No Man's Sky -

That looks awesome.
really?

This game was made by a tiny studio of just a few people, its an Indie game. Not sure why people are going nuts over this N64 looking game, but some people just love these stupid Indie games. I for one cant understand how anyone wants to play old looking games on a PS4.

The graphics aren't the selling point, Chip. It's the concept, the freedom, and freaking spaceships and dinosaurs.

• Like 1

Journey was an amazing indie game too. I still break it out now and then for a walk to the mountain.

Going through FO3 withdrawal for the past week and will be continuing the withdrawal for another week. Some updates would be nice NCC. You know. If you are so inclined.

Going through FO3 withdrawal for the past week and will be continuing the withdrawal for another week. Some updates would be nice NCC. You know. If you are so inclined.

Well I don't have anything today but I am hoping to get a little time tonight. I will purposely look for something good to get into.

Tried Witcher 2, didn't take in the hour spent so moved on to Arkham Asylum. So far very enjoyable.

Tried Witcher 2, didn't take in the hour spent so moved on to Arkham Asylum. So far very enjoyable.

I had to get into the game a bit more than that before I started to get into it. It didn't start to take for me until after I got to the first town and could start doing missions and stuff.

The character I made for this FFA-inspired replay finished the main story and is now wandering around with Fawkes. Still have the Steel whateveritis DLC to play.

I might go back and play my old level 29 guy with the Explorer perk, just to visit every place on the map.

I also had this wacky idea to start over and play as a drug addict with zero morals. Every drug I find, I shoot ASAP. I pretty much ignored the drugs in all previous plays even though the designers made it a significant part of the game. Could be fun. Maybe.

This also includes alcohol. Maybe I'd beeline for that Russian nut's place and take over his pad. It'd make a great junkie HQ.

Edited by Jeff Vader
  • Like 2

Any suggestions from Steam for a good vacationer? I have a decent laptop but it's several year old at this point so graphics limited - as an example, Mass Effect runs okay, Mass Effect 2 was a little shaky. CIV5 works great if run in DirectX 9 but not DirectX10...

I enjoyed the whole series. Arkham City was the best IMO. I just picked up a DLC for Arkham Origins.

I enjoyed the whole series. Arkham City was the best IMO. I just picked up a DLC for Arkham Origins.

I have Arkham City GOTY and Origins in the wings if this goes well.

So I just happened into a 1.5 year old computer with a decent video card and 8gb ram with win7. Before this I had a 7 year old xp machine with 4gb ram and a ancient video card. I am a console player and love the gears/borderlands/portal series and many indie games. I know I have missed a ton of stuff on PC with steam and its deals but what would you guys recommend for games that aren't on xbox 360/one that have solid stories or just are fun. Besides gears my favorite game of all time is diablo 2, but I already have #3 for console.

Edited by madshot31

So I just happened into a 1.5 year old computer with a decent video card and 8gb ram with win7. Before this I had a 7 year old xp machine with 4gb ram and a ancient video card. I am a console player and love the gears/borderlands/portal series and many indie games. I know I have missed a ton of stuff on PC with steam and it's deal but what would you guys recommend for games that aren't on xbox 360/one that have solid stories or just are fun. Besides gears my favorite game of all time in diablo 2, but I already have #3 for console.

Path of Exile is probably the obvious choice for you.

Any suggestions from Steam for a good vacationer? I have a decent laptop but it's several year old at this point so graphics limited - as an example, Mass Effect runs okay, Mass Effect 2 was a little shaky. CIV5 works great if run in DirectX 9 but not DirectX10...

Vactioner? You mean games to play while on vacation?

Here are some highly rated shorter games that are pretty easy to jump in and out of (not a ton of cut scenes or dialogue prompts like ME)

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac

FEZ

FTL

Mark of the Ninja

Portal & Portal 2

The Swapper

Stealth Bastard

I have Arkham City GOTY and Origins in the wings if this goes well.

All great games. I prefer Asylum more, due to the story being a bit tighter than the other too, but the gameplay is top notch in all of them.

Here are some highly rated shorter games that are pretty easy to jump in and out of (not a ton of cut scenes or dialogue prompts like ME)

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac

FEZ

FTL

Mark of the Ninja

Portal & Portal 2

The Swapper

Stealth Bastard

Rogue Legacy was also just on sale for $5, but it's back to regular $15 price. It's a game I really enjoy and worth the $15 price.

Since you're a big fan of Diablo, you should play Torchlight II. It's made by the some of the original devs of Diablo 1 & 2. (that was aimed at madshot)

Along the same lines as Torchlight, there's Magicka, if you've never grabbed it before during one if its many sales.

Another game I've been playing lately is Valdis Story: Abyssal City. It plays like a Metroidvania with a lot of RPG elements and fight combos. Very fun game so far and I'm enjoying it.

A similar game to Valdis Story that I played a while back, which was very good, was Dust: An Elysian Tail. However, if you have a Xbox 360, you should already have this game, since it was offered for free a month back during the Games for Gold promotion.

Edited by SlaX

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac

FEZ

FTL

Mark of the Ninja

Portal & Portal 2

The Swapper

Stealth Bastard

Antichamber

Limbo

Papers, Please

The Binding of Issac - Have it. Cool but a little too twitchy

FEZ

FTL - Have it, love it, have played the hell out of it.

Mark of the Ninja - Have it - too platformy for me.

Portal & Portal 2 - Done them but good suggestions.

The Swapper

Stealth Bastard

I'll check out the others