What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (15 Viewers)

Mad Cow said:
I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :confused:
I thought I was the only one that did this. I even had the same urge when I hit the head in Mafia 2 last week.

Mad Cow said:
I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :confused:
I thought I was the only one that did this. I even had the same urge when I hit the head in Mafia 2 last week.
Gotta say I was being sarcastic when I wrote that. Getting a little freaked out at all the FBG's that want to play Sink the Cheerio in their FPS's.

Mad Cow said:
I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :wub:
Gotta say I was being sarcastic when I wrote that. Getting a little freaked out at all the FBG's that want to play Sink the Cheerio in their FPS's.
Who has said that? I mentioned I like games that are interactive, but I wasn't referring to being able to hit the head.

Mad Cow said:
I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :wub:
sure sure

Mad Cow said:
Who has said that? I mentioned I like games that are interactive, but I wasn't referring to being able to hit the head.
The white board stuff (drawing/erasing) was kind of cool, though I don't know how that will translate into a fun game mechanic.

About 42 hours into my first play through of Demon's Souls.

Finished 7 levels so far and character is at Soul Level 62 (started at Soul Level 1)

1) Fighting is excellent. Both ranged and melee are well designed.

2) Challenge is appropriate. No one is too easy but its not impossible either

3) The leveling system is simple yet adequate and satisfying (pay attention Elder Scrolls V)

Dislikes:

1) Lack of information in the game makes the wiki an almost must have. I may have given up on a game like this with out the information in the wiki.

2) I do not at all like "World Tendency", makes getting certain weapons advancements way too much of a grind and ruins some of the flow of the game

3) Armor choices: I think I am still with the exact same armor I found after hour 6. The lack of being able to upgrade ones armor more readily is disappointing.

I could see sinking at least 250 hours into this game or more. I am going to finish out this play through and then try a NG+ game. After that I will play maybe once more with a completely different character. And then after that I am going to try online.

Great value for the money but as I mentioned before thank god for the wiki.

Mad Cow said:
I was just referring to Duke Nukem 3D like feedback when you click on the toilets and urinals. He had some great lines while in the bathroom, especially at the sink.I agree a minigame would be a bit much.

Last edited by a moderator:
GTBilly said:
Mad Cow said:
I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :wall:
Twisted as it sounds Madcow I have to agree, what the hell are we freaking twelve?
As a single 20 something on xbox live playing games co-op with married FBGs in their 30s or 40s. I hear the line of "what are you, 12 years old," quite often. This is usually followed by hysterical laughter as the random FBG's wife walks away in the background looking at her husband talking with his headset on in full :thumbup: mode.
I'm 36 and my wife is as girlie girl as it gets(high maintenance in a good way)and I get "THAT LOOK" from her often when I am doing any of my twelve year old antics. She has a special hatred in her heart for the Superfriends(was on teletoon retro at bedtime). They have now replaced that with a Batman GI JOE and Transformers triple shot, she saw it on the guide last night and said I quote "Jebus, when did you start programming the cartoon station"

GTBilly said:
Mad Cow said:
I can't tell you how many times I have been in a game just fraggin' aliens like there is no tomorrow, I open a door and see it is a men's bathroom, and I just get the urge for a pee on the urinal cake minigame. :unsure:
Twisted as it sounds Madcow I have to agree, what the hell are we freaking twelve?
As a single 20 something on xbox live playing games co-op with married FBGs in their 30s or 40s. I hear the line of "what are you, 12 years old," quite often. This is usually followed by hysterical laughter as the random FBG's wife walks away in the background looking at her husband talking with his headset on in full :nerd: mode.
I'm 36 and my wife is as girlie girl as it gets(high maintenance in a good way)and I get "THAT LOOK" from her often when I am doing any of my twelve year old antics. She has a special hatred in her heart for the Superfriends(was on teletoon retro at bedtime). They have now replaced that with a Batman GI JOE and Transformers triple shot, she saw it on the guide last night and said I quote "Jebus, when did you start programming the cartoon station"
What channel is this? :kicksrock:

I could see sinking at least 250 hours into this game or more. I am going to finish out this play through and then try a NG+ game. After that I will play maybe once more with a completely different character. And then after that I am going to try online.
You're going to like NG+. Enemies hit a lot harder your second time around. Good plan on trying a different character type too. The game plays quite a bit differently in some situations if you're a melee-based character as opposed to a caster.

Yea so... Mass Effect 2 = amazing. Quite literally can't stop playing!
You on PC or 360 Meat? I agree it is pretty darn fun. It bumped Dragon Age for me, which I had barely even started as well.

Yea so... Mass Effect 2 = amazing. Quite literally can't stop playing!
You on PC or 360 Meat? I agree it is pretty darn fun. It bumped Dragon Age for me, which I had barely even started as well.
PC this time around - I actually like the fact combat can actually be a bit difficult (at times); there's a threat of actually DYING in the game if you just rush into a fight! Dragon Age was AWESOME, I just like ME 2 a bit better. ME 3 is going to be epic.

I need a good single player game any suggestions.
Have you played ME or ME2?
I bought ME really really cheap on Steam -but I did not like it.The game mechanics with the controls just made it frustrating for me - I never even finished it.
I HATED ME, however absolutely loved ME 2. The controls while aren't as fluid as Gears(2), they are 10 fold better then ME(1). They abandoned those awful and long missions with the off-road vehicle, and the only thing I dislike, they dumbed down some of the RPG/weapon aspects.

I bought ME really really cheap on Steam -but I did not like it.The game mechanics with the controls just made it frustrating for me - I never even finished it.
I think if you give it time, it will grow on you a lot.
I agree. My BIL hated the game, but only played it for about an hour or so. I told him, he needs to play beyond the first trip to the Citadel to get into the meat of the game. I've loaned the game to him for well over a year and he still hasn't put the game back in, and I don't think he ever will. I'm glad I don't quit games based on the first level or so. I'd miss out on a lot.

I think if you give it time, it will grow on you a lot.
I agree. My BIL hated the game, but only played it for about an hour or so. I told him, he needs to play beyond the first trip to the Citadel to get into the meat of the game. I've loaned the game to him for well over a year and he still hasn't put the game back in, and I don't think he ever will. I'm glad I don't quit games based on the first level or so. I'd miss out on a lot.
OK I will try it again.\

Finished chapter one of Wake. Story has me hooked and the Roy Orbison song at the end was a nice touch. Animations are a little weird, but the game has a creepy Twin Peaks horror movie feel and I can see myself enjoying this one.

you tried "borderlands"? i just finished "infamous" and found it to be pretty fun.
I thought borderlands was mostly multi-player?
To get the full enjoyment, yes.Assassins Creed 2?Bioshock is a much if you haven't played it.Dead Space wasn't my cup, but it was cool.
I grew to like Dead Space after finding a way to adjust the controls to my liking.Bioshock was good with very nice visuals and good storyline but it didn't grip me like HL2 or RTCW did.I have AC creed loaded and tried it - thinking it would be like Splinter Cell - again I was sadly disappointed.

you tried "borderlands"? i just finished "infamous" and found it to be pretty fun.
To get the full enjoyment, yes.Assassins Creed 2?Bioshock is a much if you haven't played it.Dead Space wasn't my cup, but other people like it.
Multi-player is just coop, not like a normal mp game. Playing through single players is the exact same game as playing through in co-op. Just in co-op you have the added fun of playing with friends.

To get the full enjoyment, yes.Assassins Creed 2?Bioshock is a much if you haven't played it.Dead Space wasn't my cup, but other people like it.
Multi-player is just coop, not like a normal mp game. Playing through single players is the exact same game as playing through in co-op. Just in co-op you have the added fun of playing with friends.
Which makes that game imo. Also, the more people, the better the drops.

Finished chapter one of Wake. Story has me hooked and the Roy Orbison song at the end was a nice touch. Animations are a little weird, but the game has a creepy Twin Peaks horror movie feel and I can see myself enjoying this one.
Wait until you get even farther in. The way they weave music and sound into that game is amazing. You can tell they put a lot of effort into making it a very polished game.

Great atmosphere, concept, and story that has terrible controls and repetitive gameplay after and hour. The game was alright for me, but with its 5 year development, it should not have had the weak points it does. Also, for all the awesome forest areas you go into, their is not a single damn animal anywhere, its a shame what the game could of been.

Great atmosphere, concept, and story that has terrible controls and repetitive gameplay after and hour. The game was alright for me, but with its 5 year development, it should not have had the weak points it does. Also, for all the awesome forest areas you go into, their is not a single damn animal anywhere, its a shame what the game could of been.
The lack of animals was deliberate. One of the live action trailer episodes had a scene where one of the townsfolk grabbed his shotgun and went off into the forest to track down the shadow creatures. One of the first things he notices is the complete lack of animal sounds. He is attacked shortly after.

SkyRattlers said:
madshot31 said:
Sundays Rule said:
The lack of animals was deliberate. One of the live action trailer episodes had a scene where one of the townsfolk grabbed his shotgun and went off into the forest to track down the shadow creatures. One of the first things he notices is the complete lack of animal sounds. He is attacked shortly after.
Can you say cop out? :yes: Its would be like playing Red Dead Redemption without animals.

SkyRattlers said:
madshot31 said:
Sundays Rule said:
Can you say cop out? :yes: Its would be like playing Red Dead Redemption without animals.
Seems logical to me. Animals sense danger more acutely....forest fires, earthquakes, etc. and they make scarce. Not a big leap from that to shadow demons.

Users who are viewing this thread