What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

SlaX said:
Dear god"The footage totals roughly five hours of playtime, including both gameplay and cutscenes. The time devoted to cutscenes appears to be roughly half of that playtime, and the cutscenes are reported to be unskippable.
oofETA: Sounds like they made an interactive movie, not a game.
It worked for Metal Gear Solid.
If you think the 10+ minute cutscenes full of absolute nonsense "worked" for MGS, then yeah, I guess.
You mean I'm not the only one that hated that? The playable game is great, but I found the cutscenes unbearable.
I can't be 100% sure on this, but apparently the cutscenes in The Order are unskippable. If that's true, then that's a deal-breaker for me. Nothing kills replay value faster than unskippable cutscenes.

(Imagine not being able to skip the cutscenes in MGS4).

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

* This game still rocks. No matter how much time I put in, I still find new things and still find ways to improve a character.

* My current character is level 70 monk, at paragon 153. Sailing through torment 4 with ease.

* I just got a great gift from someone (maybe eyedoc) and it turned out to be my first Ancient Legendary. It is a great weapon for my character that only lacks a socket so I will be praying for a Ramalandi drop which allows you to add a socket to gear. I have only seen one drop so far though in all my time playing.

* I also experienced my first Nemesis today. One of you guys on my friends list was playing and died, and the character that killed you morphed into a unique baddie and invaded my game. :) . Lots of fun killing him out if the blue and he dropped 3 legendaries.

For you guys playing give me an update on your game.
Are any of the gifts I sent going through?I got a bunch when we killed Diablo at the end of an Act and sent 2 or 3 in rapid fire that night.

Seconding that this game is awesome. My SO and i play...and it sometimes sucks up a Friday night and we end up not at the bar like we planned with people HAHA
Yes, I got some from you too. Thanks! I believe I have sent numerous gifts to you over the last couple of months. Hope you got them.
What's this all about? I just bought Diablo for the PS4

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

* This game still rocks. No matter how much time I put in, I still find new things and still find ways to improve a character.

* My current character is level 70 monk, at paragon 153. Sailing through torment 4 with ease.

* I just got a great gift from someone (maybe eyedoc) and it turned out to be my first Ancient Legendary. It is a great weapon for my character that only lacks a socket so I will be praying for a Ramalandi drop which allows you to add a socket to gear. I have only seen one drop so far though in all my time playing.

* I also experienced my first Nemesis today. One of you guys on my friends list was playing and died, and the character that killed you morphed into a unique baddie and invaded my game. :) . Lots of fun killing him out if the blue and he dropped 3 legendaries.

Are any of the gifts I sent going through?I got a bunch when we killed Diablo at the end of an Act and sent 2 or 3 in rapid fire that night.

Seconding that this game is awesome. My SO and i play...and it sometimes sucks up a Friday night and we end up not at the bar like we planned with people HAHA
Yes, I got some from you too. Thanks! I believe I have sent numerous gifts to you over the last couple of months. Hope you got them.
In Reaper of Souls (Ultimate Evil Edition on the consoles), you get random drops from high level kills that are gifts for friends of yours on Playstation who also are playing Diablo. Once you get the gift to drop, you can click on it to mail it in game to your friend.

In the game, there is a mailbox next to your stash where the gifts will be placed if you get any.

So make sure you have your friends list updated with the names people have given in this thread and in the PS4 thread.

Kanil said:
The Order looks pretty cool
I preordered this on 11/10/13. Canceled in May 14 and reordered in July 14. Haven't looked at any gameplay videos yet. I'm on the fence on whether I'll pick it up. Still spend all my video game time on Destiny.
Are you doing Iron Bounty this time? If so, are you good enough to pull someone that's horrible through and still winning!??
I'll do it if you see me on. Ran the weeklys and both raids tonight on my main. Got nothing as usual.
I saw you on VoG last night. We did the nightfall and then PVPd a bit. I'm just horrible. I have no idea what it is about this game in particular but I'm just bad at PVP. My high score in 4 matches was 1600 and my low was like 400.

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

Foos, what is your PSN ID, or whatever it is called? Maybe I can make it rain for you. :)

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

Perfect! Just wanted to see that I was doing it right lol.

I have been. Monk appreciates it.

NewlyRetired said:
Diablo update

Foos, what is your PSN ID, or whatever it is called? Maybe I can make it rain for you. :)
Foosball_God

Dying Light is pretty intense at night. I break out into a sweat. No shtick.
Play it during the day then silly
I've never played a game where complete darkness is a game mechanic. It's a unique experience.

For anyone who is playing: are the zombies and volatiles attracted to your flashlight? I am always too scared to turn mine on so I stumble run and slamming into biters and walls and other nasty things.

I've never played a game where complete darkness is a game mechanic. It's a unique experience.

For anyone who is playing: are the zombies and volatiles attracted to your flashlight? I am always too scared to turn mine on so I stumble run and slamming into biters and walls and other nasty things.
I was joking of course. This sounds like a game I need to pickup also. That sounds like something I would do

Way back in the resident evil days, playing in MY dark living room with surround sound and then a dark screen. I was scared. This would probably terrify me :lol:

I was joking of course. This sounds like a game I need to pickup also. That sounds like something I would do

Way back in the resident evil days, playing in MY dark living room with surround sound and then a dark screen. I was scared. This would probably terrify me :lol:
I couldn't handle more than the first 15 minutes of Outlast.

:bag:

It's interesting. I don't find it "scary" per se, just intense and anxiety inducing.

You are always looking over your shoulder, then they turn the lights out, its pitch black, you can't see ####, and you are tasked with navigating a burned out city maze to complete missions.

The sounds is pretty good too, especially with headphones on.

Reminds me a little of Far Cry (especially if Far Cry went pitch black at night, dropped you in a fenced in area and set loose a dozen pissed off Bengal tigers).

Biters are much more dangerous when you can't see them, whether they are attracted to it or not imo. If you can see them you can avoid them or hurdle them.

The Order is getting absolutely ripped to shreds by the reviewers. IGN gave it a 6.5. Look at the first sentence of the kotaku review

Do you like movies? Do you like video games? If you answered "yes" to either of those questions, you should probably skip The Order: 1886.

Metro:

- "UNBEARABLY BORING from its first moments, with an underwritten script, bland characters, and repetitive and overfamilar action."

- "Beneath the technical wonder this is just a dull, aimless Gears Of War clone where the attempts at storytelling are just as boring and lifeless as the action."

Kotaku:

- "Do you like movies? Do you like video games? If you answered "yes" to either of those questions, you should probably skip The Order: 1886."

- "The Order is a third-person shooter somewhat like Gears of War, if Gears of War had been a bad game instead of a good one."

- "The Order: 1886 doesn't feel like the product of someone's grand vision; it feels like the tatters of that vision have been gathered, taped together, and presented as complete. The best I can say of it is that its premise is just novel enough to feel wasted. As I played, I kept wishing for some hint of inspiration, a dash of spirit to warm me against the chilly downpour of mediocrity. I found none."

- "A dreary, joyless lump of a game... The story is a mess, combat is bland and repetitive, the cinematic effects are a distraction, and the whole thing is hopelessly infused with QTEs."

Giant Bomb:

- "There's a word for games like The Order: 1886. RENTAL."

IGN:

- "...the shallow, slow, and generic quick-time event-riddled gameplay make it feel like an experience that would've been better served by a non-interactive movie than a game."

GamesRadar:

- "The Orders archaic, player-detached approaches to interaction and narrative nonetheless make it a dated and instantly forgettable experience."

GameSpot:

- "It is, at best, perfectly playable, and lovely to look at and listen to. But it is also the face of mediocrity and missed opportunities. A bad game can make a case for itself. A boring one is harder to forgive."

EGM:

- "The Order: 1886 is a paper-thin PS4 launch title delivered 15 months behind schedule. Its nowhere near as profound or innovative as it thinks it isthe epitome of ALL STYLE AND NO SUBSTANCE."

- "The issues, large and small, just pile up, and The Order ends up feeling like a game where plenty of manpower went into making sure it looked goodbut no one bothered to check if it might actually be any fun. Outside of its admittedly superlative visuals, The Order doesnt do a single thing well. Not one gameplay element stands out as superbmerely mediocre or substandard."

- "Merely competent, mediocre, or OUTRIGHT BAD in everything else it does."

Digital Trends:

- "More like 'The Bored-er': We literally dozed off playing The Order: 1886"

- "The word play applies very loosely in the case of The Order, bloated as it is with excruciatingly dull cutscenes and mindless push-the-button-to-make-some-cool-thing-happen moments."

- "This game might have slipped by with middling reception as a PlayStation 4 launch title, but coming now, in the midst of giants like Shadow of Mordor and Destiny, it feels desperately out of place."

- "The Order: 1886 is a terrible game. Not because its broken or made without skill. Certainly not because its an average-length, story-driven shooter with minimal replay value. Its just a bad game, forgettable in every conceivable way and safely ignored by all but the most ardent Trophy hunters."

Last edited by a moderator:
So why a 6.5 then if it's awful? Just makes me avoid game ratings all the more.

"This game is #### on a stick but since most won't read this, I'll give a 6.5 and still collect that review check from the company."

Unless of course that's 6.5/100. Which then begs the question, what was the half point for?

"This game is #### on a stick but since most won't read this, I'll give a 6.5 and still collect that review check from the company."

Unless of course that's 6.5/100. Which then begs the question, what was the half point for?
huh? 6.5 is an awful score.

That's his point. If the scale is really 6-10 make it 1-5 and stop pretending an awful game is still almost 25% above "average"

That's his point. If the scale is really 6-10 make it 1-5 and stop pretending an awful game is still almost 25% above "average"
yeah i dont know why ign does that but 6.5 is like the lowest score ive ever seen for a major release.

Every one knows if you got a 65 on a test in high school you did poorly and were graded with a D, even though that was well above the mid point of the 1-100 grading point system.

I look at a game rated 6.5 out of 10 for a game score pretty much the same way.

The Order is getting absolutely ripped to shreds by the reviewers. IGN gave it a 6.5. Look at the first sentence of the kotaku review

Do you like movies? Do you like video games? If you answered "yes" to either of those questions, you should probably skip The Order: 1886.
The review thread on GAF has been more entertaining than the game itself apparently is.

I really had my hopes up for this one -- short would have been okay if it was short like MGS4 with very good gameplay and a lot of replay value. But apparently it's even shorter than that, the gameplay isn't particularly good, and there's essentially zero replay value. I still can't believe they made a game in 2015 with unskipable cutscenes.

Every one knows if you got a 65 on a test in high school you did poorly and were graded with a D, even though that was well above the mid point of the 1-100 grading point system. I look at a game rated 6.5 out of 10 for a game score pretty much the same way.
Not even close. 6.5 is mediocre. An average game but still playable. I would expect a game of this criticle demise to get a 4 or lower. This is not a grade school rating system. See rottent tomatoes for an example. 60% is still decent.

The old EGM magazine would have given something of this magnitude a 2/10. It would have made Sean Babys rest of the crap last page article. You know before the whole pay for reviews model existed.

Every one knows if you got a 65 on a test in high school you did poorly and were graded with a D, even though that was well above the mid point of the 1-100 grading point system. I look at a game rated 6.5 out of 10 for a game score pretty much the same way.
Not even close. 6.5 is mediocre. An average game but still playable. I would expect a game of this criticle demise to get a 4 or lower. This is not a grade school rating system. See rottent tomatoes for an example. 60% is still decent. The old EGM magazine would have given something of this magnitude a 2/10. It would have made Sean Babys rest of the crap last page article. You know before the whole pay for reviews model existed.
6.5 is the average score for all video games on IGN? I had no idea they were scored that low. That means that 50% of every game released scores lower than a 6.5 on IGN? Wow, I need to pay more attention.

I usually just look at PS4 ratings and a 6.5 or less is a very bad and relatively rare rating for a PS4 game from IGN ratings. Are other console games rated that much worse to bring the average game down to a 6.5?

http://www.ign.com/games/reviews/ps4?sortBy=reviewDate&sortOrder=desc&startIndex=25

Every one knows if you got a 65 on a test in high school you did poorly and were graded with a D, even though that was well above the mid point of the 1-100 grading point system.

yea, I agree. To me, on the 1-10 scale, 5 and under are for complete technical messes, unplayable, bug-ridden, etc. If it looks and controls reasonably good, and is pretty stable, that's worth 5 points.

6-7 = It does the minimum, and some parts can be fun, but probably not worth full price.

7+ it becomes more of a matter of individual taste.

Review scores are useful in the fact that I almost never like a game that ends up rated less than 6. But some of my favorite games ever scored in the 7 range (All Pro football 2k8, ), and some games rated 9-9.5 just don't grab me (the Grand Theft Auto games, for example).

yea, I agree. To me, on the 1-10 scale, 5 and under are for complete technical messes, unplayable, bug-ridden, etc. If it looks and controls reasonably good, and is pretty stable, that's worth 5 points.

6-7 = It does the minimum, and some parts can be fun, but probably not worth full price.

Review scores are useful in the fact that I almost never like a game that ends up rated less than 6. But some of my favorite games ever scored in the 7 range (All Pro football 2k8, ), and some games rated 9-9.5 just don't grab me (the Grand Theft Auto games, for example).
this.You go on igns top reviews page and 6.5 is the lowest score except for one game which is rated 2.0

this.You go on igns top reviews page and 6.5 is the lowest score except for one game which is rated 2.0
ok so I am not crazy. :)

So why was Insein talking about 6.5 not being close to a bad score on IGN?

Every one knows if you got a 65 on a test in high school you did poorly and were graded with a D, even though that was well above the mid point of the 1-100 grading point system.I look at a game rated 6.5 out of 10 for a game score pretty much the same way.

Just my opinion really. I haven't looked at a rating in about 7 or 8 years I guess. Ever since EGM stopped printing the magazine. They used to have low scores for bad games. 6-7 was a mediocre game that still could be played and enjoyed.

Every one knows if you got a 65 on a test in high school you did poorly and were graded with a D, even though that was well above the mid point of the 1-100 grading point system.I look at a game rated 6.5 out of 10 for a game score pretty much the same way.

Just my opinion really.
oh. When you said "not even close" so strongly I assumed you followed this closer.

No biggie. Just remember if you see a 6.5 or lower from IGN in the future, it is no where near close to an average score from them these days.

Just my opinion really.
oh. When you said "not even close" so strongly I assumed you followed this closer.

No biggie. Just remember if you see a 6.5 or lower from IGN in the future, it is no where near close to an average score from them these days.
Just seems so stupid to me.

"This game blows. It's awful. A steaming pile of drek. 6.5/10

Just my opinion really.

the graphics are some of the best ever seen which probably boosts the score.

Just my opinion really.

the graphics are some of the best ever seen which probably boosts the score.
Exactly. The reviews even say it looks beautiful. They don't seem to say it is buggy, just not up to par with what a blockbuster game should be. If this hadn't been promoted and touted the way it was then the reviews for this would be toned a lot differently I think. It sounds like 6ish is what it deserves.

I wonder if The Order might have been better handled as a prequel / tech demo like Ground Zeros with a $30 launch point.

I like third person shooters and I really like the art style and general idea behind this game, but now I think the franchise is probably doomed unless this title sells well beyond what the reviews suggest it should.

Just my opinion really.

Did you read the IGN review? They did not like the game (hence the low score) but the review was far from what you are saying here.

Diablo III Ultimate a Evil Edition is $33 for the next 3 days for PS4 on the PS Store for PS Plus members. Trying to get my gaming buddies to jump in with me. Never played any of the Diablo games before. We're looking for a fun coop game and this sounds pretty good. With the last several CODs and BFs sucking, we need something to play.

Diablo III Ultimate a Evil Edition is $33 for the next 3 days for PS4 on the PS Store for PS Plus members. Trying to get my gaming buddies to jump in with me. Never played any of the Diablo games before. We're looking for a fun coop game and this sounds pretty good. With the last several CODs and BFs sucking, we need something to play.
This game's your huckleberry.

Also, has there ever been a game that allowed for more chick couch co-op play than Diablo III? I know of at least 10 wives/girlfriends that don't normally play video games that will sit down and level grind with husbands/boyfriends.

me either but for 33 I may dl

Users who are viewing this thread