Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Recommended Posts

MGS Phantom Pain is awesome.  Only 7% through but getting the hang of it.  Really great game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

I found witcher incredibly boring

I'm somewhere in between you and @Todem - I need to go back and finish, because I thought it was enjoyable, but as   I kept progressing through the story I just felt like things were getting more and more stale.  Working on FO4 and and am enjoying it better than the W3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put about 12 hours into the Witcher and was bored. It was directly after finishing FO4 so maybe I was just sick of going from a to b to c and back again type gameplay. I'll give it another shot later on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far Cry Primal is fantastic fun. If your looking for a game with no guns and an amazing engine with vast landscapes and wildlife this is it.

 

The Witcher 3 is flat out for me amazing. This is will be a game over the course of this year I will dump over 150 hours into. As far a single player RPG's I can already say this is as good as it gets if you love AAA story telling, music, characters and leveling. Just awesome.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

Pre-ordered The Division. Anyone else buying this? Should we fire up an official thread?

If I do, it will likely be on PC.  I have a to n of Best Buy rewards certificates that are burning a hole in my pocket and might find their way to The Division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put me down as another one who found Witcher 3 kind of meh.  I finished it the main story, and some of the quests were pretty good, but overall I never really got into this game the way that many people did.  I found Geralt boring as hell, and the combat was super-clunky coming directly from Bloodborne.  That said, a ton of folks had this as their GOTY, so I know I'm the outlier on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mad Cow said:

If I do, it will likely be on PC.  I have a to n of Best Buy rewards certificates that are burning a hole in my pocket and might find their way to The Division.

I'm definitely getting it for the PC and have a few other friends in the Mumble channel who will be playing.  The Dark Zone definitely requires a couple of squads for protection.  The D-bag factor with this game is likely to be high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been loving Rainbow Six Siege and Rocket League lately. Won a 2v5 in siege by going 9-1 and another random with a mic going 6-3. We were jacked up and talking strategy the whole time and killed the enemies while defending in last round within 30 seconds. They all left in shame. I have gone from a 0.6 player to 1.5-3.0 player over the past few weeks. Things have just clicked.

Edited by madshot31
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rented Street Fighter V yesterday as I had the afternoon free.  I didn't bother with downloading all the updates because it was going to take 90+ minutes so I couldn't play online.  

Meh.

I mean its the same game from when I was younger and its still fun, but it loses its appeal when games are now so much better and more involved.  Played 3+ hours straight, but don't think I'll be buying it.

So in the vein of Buy, Wait for Sale, or Rent...  I'd vote Rent.

Also, it does allow couch co-op so that could appeal to some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Rented Street Fighter V yesterday as I had the afternoon free.  I didn't bother with downloading all the updates because it was going to take 90+ minutes so I couldn't play online.  

Meh.

I mean its the same game from when I was younger and its still fun, but it loses its appeal when games are now so much better and more involved.  Played 3+ hours straight, but don't think I'll be buying it.

So in the vein of Buy, Wait for Sale, or Rent...  I'd vote Rent.

Also, it does allow couch co-op so that could appeal to some.

It's a fighting game. I would hope it had co-op or vs mode. Unless there's some tacked on campaign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Insein said:

It's a fighting game. I would hope it had co-op or vs mode. Unless there's some tacked on campaign. 

Well it seemed to be highly geared to online fighting with arenas, rankings, etc...  Just thought I'd throw out that it does have couch co-op.

There is a 'campaign', you fight all the fighters.

One other thing I thought was weird, there's an EULA that a player must agree to before playing.  I don't remember that for most consoles games.  It was nothing to do w/ online play, it was a EULA to even get to the main menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Humble Bundle right now has a bunch of Star Wars games including Xwing vs Tie Fighter and Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 as well as other.  Older games but some great classics in there for $10

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2016 at 2:07 PM, belljr said:

Welp. I think I'm getting a 1tb1TB drive and upgrading my ps4.  I hit a point where I could decide which games to delete

Is the 1TB drive an external drive or are you replacing the internal drive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

Pre-ordered The Division. Anyone else buying this? Should we fire up an official thread?

Played the beta but didn't go into the dark zone. I liked it but there's a few things that would take getting used to. 

Will likely pick it up for PS4. Since I don't  usually play with other people so I'm not sure how much dark zone will appeal to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

I'll be on PS4 as well. :thumbup:

I won't be back in town until Sunday but add me and I will accept it when I get back. Maybe put FBG in the message. My PSN is Bordman

Open invite to anyone else here too. 

Edited by Borden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone played the Sherlock Holmes game that's free on XB1 this month?  I've downloaded but haven't booted it up yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Anyone played the Sherlock Holmes game that's free on XB1 this month?  I've downloaded but haven't booted it up yet. 

Haven't booted it up yet either. IGN liked it well enough to give it a 7.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Anyone played the Sherlock Holmes game that's free on XB1 this month?  I've downloaded but haven't booted it up yet. 

It's a adventure puzzle game that is AA quality and has some funny glitches and graphics. About the same as past Sherlock games. If your a fan of the character and can get past minor issues you'll like any Sherlock game, if not then probably not. I like the BBC show and the books and have always enjoyed the games while overlooking the weirdness and development issues(lack of $$).

Edited by madshot31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone played BroForce yet?  I have it downloading at home now, may give it a whirl this weekend.  Its free on PS Plus, this month, as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side loaded remote play on my phone.  I can now control my ps4 anywhere and play some games. Even my current bluetooth controller works, but it's missing some buttons.   

Next step is to try to sync my Ps4 controller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:16 AM, Drifter said:

Humble Bundle right now has a bunch of Star Wars games including Xwing vs Tie Fighter and Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 as well as other.  Older games but some great classics in there for $10

Damn, I just got both the KOTOR's on Steam during the last sale.  Building up a new PC, and figured for $4 it was just easier to re-buy then sit there loading CD's.  May re-re-buy as I love the Xwing/tie series, and some other good ones in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too picked up Far Cry Primal the other day. And it's tough getting used to, the game play is very different than the previous one. But the game itself is pretty awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2016 at 1:41 PM, captain_amazing said:

I'm somewhere in between you and @Todem - I need to go back and finish, because I thought it was enjoyable, but as   I kept progressing through the story I just felt like things were getting more and more stale.  Working on FO4 and and am enjoying it better than the W3.

Kinda there with you.  It wound down toward the end.  But I did end up with the "horrible" ending, which was a pretty fitting end for my play.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own both a Wii U and PS4 and I gotta say the two best games on either system are both on the Wii U. Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Maker are two of the best games Ive ever played. My son and I put so many hours into both games and they never get old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I own both a Wii U and PS4 and I gotta say the two best games on either system are both on the Wii U. Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Maker are two of the best games Ive ever played. My son and I put so many hours into both games and they never get old.

i don't think there is any denying that nintendo does "fun" better than pretty much anyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, belljr said:

Side loaded remote play on my phone.  I can now control my ps4 anywhere and play some games. Even my current bluetooth controller works, but it's missing some buttons.   

Next step is to try to sync my Ps4 controller

Looking into this. Is it like slingbox for your gaming system? 

Been wondering when that was going to start happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it like slingbox for your gaming system? 

Bascially.  

 

I side loaded the apk.  Right now at work I can turn on my console and control it like I'm at home.

Still working out the controller kinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Tick said:

i don't think there is any denying that nintendo does "fun" better than pretty much anyone.

Can't wait until they drop out of the console market and just make games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Can't wait until they drop out of the console market and just make games.

Yeah, that would be nice.  Would love to be able to get some old Nintendo games on the PS4.  Not a Nintendo property, but Capcom did all the old megaman's for PS4, not redone or anything, but it looks (for a non-widscreen 8 bit graphics) and plays really nicely on my HD tv.  I was actually pretty impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Todem said:

Far Cry Primal is fantastic fun. If your looking for a game with no guns and an amazing engine with vast landscapes and wildlife this is it.

 

The Witcher 3 is flat out for me amazing. This is will be a game over the course of this year I will dump over 150 hours into. As far a single player RPG's I can already say this is as good as it gets if you love AAA story telling, music, characters and leveling. Just awesome.

The critter AI is pretty great. I've been tramped, gored, gnawed, stung, bitten, and EAGLE TALONED to death. Fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Tick said:

Yeah, that would be nice.  Would love to be able to get some old Nintendo games on the PS4.  Not a Nintendo property, but Capcom did all the old megaman's for PS4, not redone or anything, but it looks (for a non-widscreen 8 bit graphics) and plays really nicely on my HD tv.  I was actually pretty impressed.

Ummmm...what?  Holy ####!  Good thing the girlfriend is out of town this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom Skerritt said:

I too picked up Far Cry Primal the other day. And it's tough getting used to, the game play is very different than the previous one. But the game itself is pretty awesome.

Saw an article today stating the map was the same map from Far Cry 4, just reskinned or something.

Edited to add the link: Story about possibly recycled map.

Edited by DallasDMac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Saw an article today stating the map was the same map from Far Cry 4, just reskinned or something.

Edited to add the link: Story about possibly recycled map.

I have poured 50 hours into FC4

Just read the article.......it may be...but you would never ever know. So who cares.

#sleeper

Edited by Todem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Anyone played BroForce yet?  I have it downloading at home now, may give it a whirl this weekend.  Its free on PS Plus, this month, as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

This was fun but not as much fun as I had hoped.  I was playing solo though, and I can see how it would be more fun w/ online randoms or friends.  Still its free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Saw an article today stating the map was the same map from Far Cry 4, just reskinned or something.

Edited to add the link: Story about possibly recycled map.

Awesome... it's set in the same place but in pre-historic times.  Looks like the topography even represents that.  Not sure what the complaint is there.

I still won't get it until it's $20 or less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As excited as I am about Paper Mario: Color Splash... these are the types of titles Wii U should have launched with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Anyone played BroForce yet?  I have it downloading at home now, may give it a whirl this weekend.  Its free on PS Plus, this month, as was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Fun as hell. The names of the characters alone are golden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stardew Valley is some great bang for $15. Game is really deep, a cross of Harvest Moon & Minecraft on the surface with more to it than meets the eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hagmania said:

Stardew Valley is some great bang for $15. Game is really deep, a cross of Harvest Moon & Minecraft on the surface with more to it than meets the eye.

I've seen quite a few people talking about this recently.  Doesn't seem like my cup of soup but for those that like minecraft, it's supposed to be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hagmania said:

Stardew Valley is some great bang for $15. Game is really deep, a cross of Harvest Moon & Minecraft on the surface with more to it than meets the eye.

Say wat??!? With the division coming out next week I should not look into this.

....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cockroach said:

Awesome... it's set in the same place but in pre-historic times.  Looks like the topography even represents that.  Not sure what the complaint is there.

I still won't get it until it's $20 or less.

Uhm, no. That was the exact opposite of what the article stated.

Before you go thinking that this is a clever easter egg throwback, that Primal takes place in the same location as Far Cry 4, just 12,000 years earlier, Far Cry 4 definitely did not take place in Europe, which is where Primal is said to be set in the intro to the game. So that would have almost been a clever excuse, but not quite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2016 at 4:51 PM, Corporation said:

I'm definitely getting it for the PC and have a few other friends in the Mumble channel who will be playing.  The Dark Zone definitely requires a couple of squads for protection.  The D-bag factor with this game is likely to be high.

 

I'm down. Start up the thread. Lets get a few people rolling. This is going to take on some mmorpg aspects of end game advancement.... awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2016 at 2:56 PM, The Tick said:

Yeah, that would be nice.  Would love to be able to get some old Nintendo games on the PS4.  Not a Nintendo property, but Capcom did all the old megaman's for PS4, not redone or anything, but it looks (for a non-widscreen 8 bit graphics) and plays really nicely on my HD tv.  I was actually pretty impressed.

There seems to be a lag between hitting the button and jumping and shooting.  More of a lag than I remember from the Nintendo games.

Am I mis-remembering the Megaman games on the Nintendo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheAristocrat said:

There seems to be a lag between hitting the button and jumping and shooting.  More of a lag than I remember from the Nintendo games.

Am I mis-remembering the Megaman games on the Nintendo?

The first MM was pretty stiff.  Check and see if 2-6 feel the same way.  It's possible they didn't get the emulation perfect.  Also, some TVs have options for input lag when gaming.  It could be your TV.

Edited by SlaX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

 

I'm down. Start up the thread. Lets get a few people rolling. This is going to take on some mmorpg aspects of end game advancement.... awesome.

Done.

 

Edited by Corporation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pre-ordered No Mans Sky on Amazon (Amazon Prime get's 20% off all pre-orders) for the PS4.

WOW!!!! This game looks like it will be amazing.

In the meantime I am loving Far Cry Primal and 25% of the way through. 

The Witcher III is still fantastic and I am slow burning my play through and enjoying every minute of the story as well as the side quests. 

 

19 days till MLB The Show 16!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.