Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

9 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Any FBGs getting Overwatch for PC?

Debating that and TW: Warhammer for my next game purchase.

I'm building a gaming rig so I can play Doom, No Man's Sky, and Civilization VI on ultra settings. Considering Overwatch, too.

6 hours ago, Eulogys said:

Project CARS is available on PS4. I have it on PC since neither of the Xbox1 or PS4 recognizes my G25 wheel. It doesn't have the car library that either Forza or GT has, but the racing is much better than both of them.  

It got mixed reviews but I will give it a try.  One of the things I like about GT is the RPG aspect to it.  The car library is part of it, but also how you progress from one level to another.  Does Project CARS have something like that?

22 hours ago, SlaX said:

I'm also being told you can beat single player campaign in 2 hours.  Please tell me that's not true.

According to HLTB, it's about 11.5 for single player. 25.5 for completionists.

Looks pretty damn fun. 

1 hour ago, Insein said:

According to HLTB, it's about 11.5 for single player. 25.5 for completionists.

Looks pretty damn fun. 

The guy that beat the perma-death difficulty on the first day beat it in 8 hours and that time's including his deaths and having to start over from the beginning after each death.  And this isn't a speedrunner.  This is just a guy who was Twitch streaming the game on that difficulty on the day it came out.

edit: sorry, I was mistaken.  It took him just under 5 hours.  https://www.destructoid.com/man-beats-hardest-doom-difficulty-without-dying-362308.phtml 

Edited by SlaX

14 hours ago, Brady Marino said:

I'm building a gaming rig so I can play Doom, No Man's Sky, and Civilization VI on ultra settings. Considering Overwatch, too.

Do NOT buy your GPU until the 1080 is out.  Seriously.

56 minutes ago, Mad Cow said:

Do NOT buy your GPU until the 1080 is out.  Seriously.

Friend sold me his Radeon R9 390 at a pretty nice discount because of the 1080.

6 minutes ago, Brady Marino said:

Friend sold me his Radeon R9 390 at a pretty nice discount because of the 1080.

I don't know, the 1070 is coming mid-June supposedly, and at around $300, that thing is going to be the greatest value king since the 970.  The 1080 at $600 is freaking ridiculous.  It kills the Titan by like 30%.  It beats SLI 980's.  :nerd::excited:

• Like 1

Do you guys have any golf games for PS4?  If so, which ones and what are your thoughts on it? 

24 minutes ago, belljr said:

The Golf Club - barebones but well done IMO

IMO, it's a really, really good game.  It can be very frustrating and there aren't SUPER MEGA POWER HITS or other such gimmicks.

Just you against the course like it's meant to be.

• Like 1

Is there an RPG/long term progression component to it like starting as an amateur and you move up the ladder and have access to new things as you progress?  That was one of the things I like about the Tiger Woods game on PS3.

7 minutes ago, RC94 said:

Is there an RPG/long term progression component to it like starting as an amateur and you move up the ladder and have access to new things as you progress?  That was one of the things I like about the Tiger Woods game on PS3.

No.   Just golf and your skill with the controller and decisions

• Like 1

there is a new tour mode that I haven't tried it out yet but I'm not 100% sure what it entails

there is a new tour mode that I haven't tried it out yet but I'm not 100% sure what it entails

the best part is people have recreated all the really popular courses in the world and can play pretty much anywhere  that you want for example a guycreated d Magnolia which is Augusta

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2016 at 8:27 PM, RC94 said:

It got mixed reviews but I will give it a try.  One of the things I like about GT is the RPG aspect to it.  The car library is part of it, but also how you progress from one level to another.  Does Project CARS have something like that?

Yes. You pick 1 of 3 formats and start at the lowest tier and need to get invitations from a team in the next tier to advance. Also, as you advance in tiers, there's more tuning options that become available. You'll also get invites to one-off series and special event races as you progress. The biggest drawback for them is licensing as a few of the tracks are only recreations of original tracks. But they still do have a ton of real world tracks in multiple variations.

So, I've gotten better in GTA V and am enjoying progressing the story line. I've learned a few things that have really helped (like being able to see missed missed instructions on the mission screen, stuff like that). Got the hang of chopper controls. Gotten better with driving. But the most important thing I leaned that was key to my enjoyment is, if I see a ?, run the other way!

These freak things strike me as filler of the worst kind. Just frustrating beyond belief for the most part. Yea, I did the bounty hunter missions, those were ok. But the weed guy and shooting aliens while stoned, the street races, ugh. And the one where you have to parachute down and then bike race down a thin mountain path? Worse than a root canal. Gawd awful.

Did anyone do all these side missions? If so, why? Was it a completion/trophy thing? The challenge? I mean, did anyone actually enjoy these things? I honestly can't imagine that, but I realize everyone has different tastes (just read any Dark Souls thread to see that). But I'd be real interested to hear from people that completed these things on why they did it.

Overwatch is live tonight at 7PM EDT.  I won't be on right away but I've got it downloaded and installed.  Should be on later tonight (after 10ish EDT) if anyone wants to add me.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:37 AM, Mad Cow said:

I don't know, the 1070 is coming mid-June supposedly, and at around $300, that thing is going to be the greatest value king since the 970.  The 1080 at $600 is freaking ridiculous.  It kills the Titan by like 30%.  It beats SLI 980's.  :nerd::excited:

Yeah, I just built my pc a couple months back, thought it would be longer for those new cards to come out.  I did go with one of the mid range cards though, so I may just try and dump it for a couple bucks and grab the new one when it comes out.

On May 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM, DallasDMac said:

So, I've gotten better in GTA V and am enjoying progressing the story line. I've learned a few things that have really helped (like being able to see missed missed instructions on the mission screen, stuff like that). Got the hang of chopper controls. Gotten better with driving. But the most important thing I leaned that was key to my enjoyment is, if I see a ?, run the other way!

These freak things strike me as filler of the worst kind. Just frustrating beyond belief for the most part. Yea, I did the bounty hunter missions, those were ok. But the weed guy and shooting aliens while stoned, the street races, ugh. And the one where you have to parachute down and then bike race down a thin mountain path? Worse than a root canal. Gawd awful.

Did anyone do all these side missions? If so, why? Was it a completion/trophy thing? The challenge? I mean, did anyone actually enjoy these things? I honestly can't imagine that, but I realize everyone has different tastes (just read any Dark Souls thread to see that). But I'd be real interested to hear from people that completed these things on why they did it.

All those side missions were fun and easy (as was driving and flying).  

58 minutes ago, cockroach said:

All those side missions were fun and easy (as was driving and flying).  

Basically this. Only a few times in the game was the difficulty rough for me and the one scene at a graveyard I am thinking about was due to my dumbness not having any weapons.

I picked up Galactic Civilizations III this weekend (steam had a quickie sale on it). I've been working through the tutorial and it seems like it'll be a fun game, but I still don't really know what I'm doing. Did anyone else here play this one?

Also, has anyone here played Darkest Dungeon? I wish listed it because it seems interesting.

Have not time these days so have been playing FTL so that I can count on being killed at every moment and walking away from the computer in frustration.

Ordered Overwatch but likely will not be on playing until Sunday/Monday ish

Overwatch is coop heavy, right? As in there is no or little single player experience?

Just finished up Shadows of Mordor. I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been posted in this thread on the game, but it's a fun little game if you end up finding it at a discount. 

I also just started playing the TellTale Game of Thrones game on my iPhone. If you're someone who hates waiting a week for a new episode this game is a great fix. 

3 hours ago, Scoresman said:

Overwatch is coop heavy, right? As in there is no or little single player experience?

No coop.  Pure multiplayer PvP

Have you guys played Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (the EA Sports golf game)?

15 minutes ago, RC94 said:

Have you guys played Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (the EA Sports golf game)?

Dont get that...

If you're on Xbox One, the Golf Club is on sale for like $10 right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Dont get that...

If you're on Xbox One, the Golf Club is on sale for like $10 right now.

Also if you have an XB1 and have EA Access, Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is free in the vault.

It plays well, but seems pretty thin.

35 minutes ago, TheAristocrat said:

This is why I spent an absurd amount of time in Skyrim.  Not that I did this but certainly spent way too long trying to do find some great/funny/cool accomplishments.

http://i.imgur.com/JXnAf4X.gifv

Dude Perfect - Skyrim Edition

Hit up some Overwatch on the PS4 last night.  So far I think it's going to be a "filler" game for me (similar to Rocket League).  I'll play it a lot for the first few weeks and then I'll use it as the game I play when I only have half an hour or so to hop on or am bored between releases of other games.

Didn't we have a giant Civ IV strategy thread somewhere in this forum?  I reinstalled it on my new PC, was getting my butt beat and was going to jump back into that thread to look at some strategy.  Can't find it anywhere in the search (not completely surprising....)  Anyone have a link or know if it got lost in one of the purges?

ETA: Maybe it was just the big Civ V thread I was thinking of, that I can easily find.

Edited by The Tick

If any Overwatch players have Hearthstone codes that you don't plan on using, I will glady take them off of your hands.

[/shameless begging]

1 hour ago, Ashem said:

If any Overwatch players have Hearthstone codes that you don't plan on using, I will glady take them off of your hands.

[/shameless begging]

If I give you the code it's "used up" for all the other stuff for the other games?

On May 24, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Kanil said:

Hit up some Overwatch on the PS4 last night.  So far I think it's going to be a "filler" game for me (similar to Rocket League).  I'll play it a lot for the first few weeks and then I'll use it as the game I play when I only have half an hour or so to hop on or am bored between releases of other games.

PSN: Bordman

I agree about the filler angle 100%. There's no leader boards or story or clan wars or anything else to make it a long term game. 

I don't understand why this is being missed by console/PC game companies. This game is like Clash Royale on steroids without the clan aspects. When looking at the top grossing mobile games you can clearly see the hooks. Why not expand home games to include clans, leader boards, wars and perks? Take the gross free to play/pay to win aspects out of those games and add they to this then the game would have way longer legs. 

All that said, it's a fun game. I'm too ignorant still to know if I'm screwing up but I'm good enough to know when I'm doing well, so that helps too. 

1 hour ago, Borden said:

If I give you the code it's "used up" for all the other stuff for the other games?

I just looked at a couple of unboxings. It appears the PS4 version just has 1 sheet. I didn't know that. If it only has 1 code for all of those items, it's best to not give it out.

I was focused on the PC version, which came with a card that looked like this. 

• Like 1

Working my way through Ori. I agree with those that said it is frustrating yet satisfying when you finally beat a hard section. I just got done the Gimso Tree water part. That was a lot of trial and error.

Still incredible though.

Just finished UC4 this morning before heading for work.

9.75/10

The best on the series for me. The game was a joy to play and experience. So much so I am going to play through the first three again this summer and then play 4 one more time before the end of this year.

Now it is onto focus on the Doom single player campaign. Game is serious awesome sauce. Pure carnage and heavy metal. After finishing that (will take me 12-15 hours on normal) we will finish up Far Cry Primal and Fallout 4 over the summer. Then we have:

No Mans Sky

Madden 17

The Witcher III

And of course the constant in my life MLB The Show 16. This year I drafted a fantasy franchise team using the St Louis Cardinals and it has been amazing fun. I am 50 games in and leading the NL Central.  I had the 3rd overall pick in the draft and here is the results....I also just pulled off a couple of trades which I will detail below. I call this franchise "The Matheny Manifesto"

Round/Player/Primary Position/Pick #

1) Bryce Harper - RF - 3
2) Starling Marte - LF - 28
3) Francisco Lindor - SS - 31
4) Yordano Ventura - SP - 48
5) Endor Inciarte - CF - 49
6) Dellin Betantes - CP - 64
7) Maikel Franco - 3B - 67
8) Carlos Rodon - SP - 82
9) Steven Matz - SP - 85
10) Greg Bird - 1B - 105
11) Brock Holt - 2B - 108
12) Kenta Maeda - SP - 123
13) Alex Avila - C - 176
14) Kevin Quakenbush - RP - 161
15) Jason Hammel - SP - 164
16) Yoervis Medina - RP - 179
17) Jason Motte - RP - 182
18) Yoan Moncada - 2B - 197
19) Byron Buxton - CF - 200
20) Aaron Judge - RF - 215
21) Mike Zunino - C - 218
22) Chi Chi Rodriguez - SP - 233
23) Ruben Tejada - SS - 251
24) Jesse Winkler - LF - 254
25) Daniel Norris - SP - 269

Other notables:

Tyler White - 1B/3B
Jesse Winkler - LF/RF
Aaron Judge - RF/LF/CF
Mike Zunino - C
Chi Chi Rodriguez - SP
Daniel Norris - SP
Michael Fulmer - SP
J.T. Chargois - RP

Lineup

Inciarte - CF

Lindor - SS

Harper - RF

Bird - 1B

Marte - LF

Franco - 3B

Perez - C

Holt - 2B

Pitcher

Rotation

Danny Salazar

Yordano Ventura

Steve Matz

Kenta Madea

Carlos Rodon

Bullpen

Bullpen

Chi Chi Rodriguez
Kevin Quakenbush
Yoervis Medina
Josh Smoker
Carlos Marmol
Jason Motte
Dellin Betances

Cards send:

SP Jason Hammel
RF Aaron Judge (A prospect)
C Alex Avila

Brewers send:

C Salvador Perez

Cards send:

LF Jesse Winkler (A prospect)
CF Rosell Herrera (C prospect)
C Jeff Bandy (C prospect)

Braves send:

SP Danny Salazar (expiring but ARB 3 more years)

Overall Record - 28-22
Home - 13-15
Road - 15-7
First Place NL Central

Batting

AVG - .267 (MLB Rank 6th)
HR - 48 (MLB Rank 22nd)
RBI - 210 (MLB Rank 15th)
SB - 30 (MLB Rank 7th)

Pitching

ERA - 3.66 (MLB Rank 10th)
SO - 410 (MLB Rank 9th)
RA - 196 (MLB Rank 11th)
HR - 56 (MLB Rank 21st)

The Cardinals thus far have been road warriors. At home it has been a mixed bag amazingly. However with the recent trades for Salazar and Perez the Red Birds are primed to start playing even better. Something that must improve is the bullpen. Quakenbush, Motte and Smoker have been struggling recently and they need to get better and fast. The starting rotation has really been solid and getting the game to the 7th inning more often than not. But Motte and Smoker in particular have been having their struggles getting the game to Betances who has been nothing short of elite. Dellin is sitting with an amazing .054 ERA and 17 saves through 50 games.

At the plate Bryce Harper has been in a rut for the last 10 games watching his average drop from .305 down to .265. He does lead the team in doubles and HR's (14) and is also playing great defense in RF. Manager Mike Matheny is not concerned at all with Bryce's recent slide. "All part of the ebb and flow of the marathon we call the regular season". Greg Bird has been the teams MVP at the dish. The emerging star 1B is hitting a robust .310 with 12 HR's and 38 RBI's. Francisco Lindor and Ender Inciarte are doing a fine job at the top of the order and Starling Marte has officially caught fire here in the last 6 games and leads the team with 15 SB's.

A full report of individual player stat's thru May is forth coming as we close out the month in year 1.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Todem said:

Just finished UC4 this morning before heading for work.

9.75/10

The best on the series for me. The game was a joy to play and experience. So much so I am going to play through the first three again this summer and then play 4 one more time before the end of this year.

I did this, and am currently playing the first one.  When I got it with the bundle at Christmas, I was blown away by the graphics of those games.  Now when I play the first one right after playing 4, it is quite laughable.  Still fun though.

• Like 1

My son wants to get Ark Survival and I've got a few questions for the gamers. He's 11. This game is M 17+, which seems a bad idea, but I know some M games are different than others. He has played a ton of Halo and I've got no problem with anything in that game. Can anyone comment on how this compares to Halo in terms of M content? I have no problem saying no to him if I think its not appropriate for an 11 year old. Also, I don't really understand the release situation on this game, but it appears I can buy it now for Xbox One, and I guess he'd be playing a draft or in-development version of the game, but then get an upgrade when the full/final version is released later this year, right? Also, he's said he wants to play on the PC, but I'd prefer to keep his gaming on the Xbox. Is there a significant difference?

tia FBG Gameguys

42 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

My son wants to get Ark Survival and I've got a few questions for the gamers. He's 11. This game is M 17+, which seems a bad idea, but I know some M games are different than others. He has played a ton of Halo and I've got no problem with anything in that game. Can anyone comment on how this compares to Halo in terms of M content? I have no problem saying no to him if I think its not appropriate for an 11 year old. Also, I don't really understand the release situation on this game, but it appears I can buy it now for Xbox One, and I guess he'd be playing a draft or in-development version of the game, but then get an upgrade when the full/final version is released later this year, right? Also, he's said he wants to play on the PC, but I'd prefer to keep his gaming on the Xbox. Is there a significant difference?

tia FBG Gameguys

Looks like it's related to the level of blood and violence, likely much more realistic than Halo.

23 hours ago, Insein said:

Working my way through Ori. I agree with those that said it is frustrating yet satisfying when you finally beat a hard section. I just got done the Gimso Tree water part. That was a lot of trial and error.

Still incredible though.

Yeah it was that level that really taught me what the game was going to hit you with and it almost made me say #### it.  But it was so engaging and interesting that I stuck with it and realized that the water level is the true tutorial of the game and you are much better prepared for the rest of what it will throw at you...until the final level.

IMO totally worth it and likely worth a replay...or two...

I can confirm that Doom on Nightmare graphic settings on PC is sexy and fun as any game I've played in a little while. #pcmasterrace

9 hours ago, Chaka said:

Yeah it was that level that really taught me what the game was going to hit you with and it almost made me say #### it.  But it was so engaging and interesting that I stuck with it and realized that the water level is the true tutorial of the game and you are much better prepared for the rest of what it will throw at you...until the final level.

IMO totally worth it and likely worth a replay...or two...

The music kept me going. I think it took me 25 mins to beat that part when it only takes 45 seconds if you do it in one. 

I started a twitch channel out of boredom so everyone can watch me suck at games. I'll be playing through Ori with hopefully no game FAQs.

https://www.twitch.tv/insein81

Just got Doom.  I am a very casual gamer but go in spurts.  Very challenging for me even on the easiest setting--I hate dying and having to redo levels etc.  I will say it's pretty cool to play some of the classic levels and compare them to this version.  Beautiful graphics even on an XB1. :lol:

I've put a decent amount of time into Overwatch and there's definitely some things that need improving but it's so fun when your team comes together. Especially those overtime wins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Borden said:

I've put a decent amount of time into Overwatch and there's definitely some things that need improving but it's so fun when your team comes together. Especially those overtime wins. 

I'm really liking it in spite of the fact that I'm a terribad noob. Not only to OW but to FPS games in general. Pretty much the only time I really help my team is when I play Lucio and passively heal or Bastion and gun things down in stationary mode. 

Edited by PlasmaDogPlasma
  • Like 1